Kill Cam OPTION

Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
First Assault Rep: 1,835
edited March 8 in Suggestions and Feedback
I did a search, didn't see anything about it (didn't go past page two)

Why is there not an option for host to Enable/Disable Kill Cam.
It such a simple thing that's needed.

Demo and Terminal don't have Kill Cam
TDM does have Kill Cam

Demo makes sense NOT have Kill Cam enabled, this I agree with.
SAME for Terminal.

But why is TDM a MUST have Kill Cam, at least give the option to disable it if host.

P.S I get people that are being watched (experienced players) run away for a few seconds than move elsewhere to throw enemies off when they respawn, I do this all the time, but still.
  1. Should TDM have Kill Cam option.10 votes
    1. Yes, it should be optional.
       70% (7 votes)
    2. No, I like to know routes my enemies take or camp at.
       30% (3 votes)

Comments

• iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,800
    edited March 8
    If I understand what you're talking about correctly, you mean that you should be able to turn off the killcam personally?
    What if everyone except you has killcams on and knows where you're going, but you don't know where they're going because you turned it off?
    Seems like a big disadvantage, considering most players would rather know enemy locations than try to be the "better player" or something and leave it off.

Also, just a yes or no on the poll would be fine. The passive guilt trip I feel from it makes me not want to vote. But that's just me.
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    edited March 9
    iiShan wrote: »
    If I understand what you're talking about correctly, you mean that you should be able to turn off the killcam personally?
    What if everyone except you has killcams on and knows where you're going, but you don't know where they're going because you turned it off?
    Seems like a big disadvantage, considering most players would rather know enemy locations than try to be the "better player" or something and leave it off.

Also, just a yes or no on the poll would be fine. The passive guilt trip I feel from it makes me not want to vote. But that's just me.

No...I mean if the host of the room chooses to say disable kill cam, it is disabled for everyone, that's why I said the host, not an individual player.
    The hosts controls if the option in the room options, and will effect the entire lobby while ingame.
    If you played Combat Arms its like that.

And as for the guilt tipping, there is NO other reason for Kill Cam
    But since no one believes in hackers in this game I won't even bother it as a reason.
    iiShan
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 2,230
    edited March 9
    Kill cam should be implemented. I want to see how I died thru the eyes of the player who killed me. With that way, I would know if he's cheated or not !
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,800
    edited March 9
    Sky_Cardis wrote: »
    iiShan wrote: »

No...I mean if the host of the room chooses to say disable kill cam, it is disabled for everyone, that's why I said the host, not an individual player.
    The hosts controls if the option in the room options, and will effect the entire lobby while ingame.
    If you played Combat Arms its like that.

And as for the guilt tipping, there is NO other reason for Kill Cam
    But since no one believes in hackers in this game I won't even bother it as a reason.

I see, for custom rooms then. I don't have a problem with that.

Also, it's not that nobody believes there's no hackers, it's that most people tend to point the finger at good players.
    And to echo @Almalexion, a killfeed would be a better way to figure out who's hacking or not, but even then some players who lag a lot will end up being called a hacker just because you'll just see them skipping frames.
  • TylerCTylerC
    First Assault Rep: 2,820
    edited March 9
    I think he wants the hard mode of battlefield series, where killcam is disable to begin with. No ammo information and ammo wasting by changing clip without it being empty.
  • LAMBDA471LAMBDA471
    First Assault Rep: 8,550
    Member+
    edited March 10
    I don't understand the voting options, they just don't make sense, so I can't risk and vote for the wrong one.

Kill cam would be nice, but what will be nicer is if we get a kill stats screen or something on the side

- it shows what body parts you were hit it, how much damage was dealt to you by this enemy that killed you
    - its shows other enemies you engaged with and how much damage you've dealt to them and if they dealt any to you

(of course, such a list can be very long, so it should be limited to three enemy players and only the one that killed you is where you can see your body damage diagram)
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    edited March 10
    TylerC wrote: »
    I think he wants the hard mode of battlefield series, where killcam is disable to begin with. No ammo information and ammo wasting by changing clip without it being empty.
    I wouldn't mind that as an option. The whole hiding of the HUD display. But as a separate option.

LAMBDA471 wrote: »
    I don't understand the voting options, they just don't make sense, so I can't risk and vote for the wrong one.

Kill cam would be nice, but what will be nicer is if we get a kill stats screen or something on the side

- it shows what body parts you were hit it, how much damage was dealt to you by this enemy that killed you
    - its shows other enemies you engaged with and how much damage you've dealt to them and if they dealt any to you

(of course, such a list can be very long, so it should be limited to three enemy players and only the one that killed you is where you can see your body damage diagram)

I think people are missing the the key word here from what I seen...The key world is "OPTION".
    To have the OPTION to have it on or off for TDM. I'm not saying Kill Cam has to be taken away. I am saying IF YOU are the HOST of the ROOM, you SHOULD have the OPTION to have KILL CAM ON OR OFF before you start the match (just like any time you wish to change the map/mode/timer/points, it would be in those options).

Added options like where you got shot and damage done to you on that shot would be a nice thing have on its own, but I am talking about the Kill Cam. Where you get to see your opponent after they killed you. I sometimes like it on, but I would also like it to sometimes be off, let the host have the option.

Host Turns On Kill Cam: Watch the enemy until respawn. (APPLIES TO ALL)
    Host Turns Off Kill Cam: Watch one of your allies until respawn. (APPLIES TO ALL)

• TylerCTylerC
    First Assault Rep: 2,820
    edited March 18
    Mhh, I would prefer it as BF series. Normal (with kill cam) and Hardcore (without any kind of cam).

The kill cam I think will take a long long time to be available, because... well, the Open Poster already said why.