I'm making this thread with two purposes: first is to make some inquiries for advice in problems I know I have and seem to have not thought a valid way to solve it, write down some ideas on advice I think may be useful.
First, problems I have and haven't solved in a long time:
- I look at the map too much. I know the advice is limit it to when I'm safe. But, how do I know it's safe to open the map when I've still not looked at it?
- I'm irregular. Lately I don't get much up arrows because either I start strong but then I fade away or I end strong after a pretty weak start. Unless I'm sucking the whole match. I think there's no actual advice to give in that and it's just a problem of concentration; I either lose focus for a period of time or maybe it's a mentality issue. Either I start strong and then get overconfident and pay for it or I start not being as careful as I should and then as I'm aware I need to make an effort to improve I gain focus to start doing things right. One other thing: look in custom matches for small rooms created to make runs to actively try to learn the maps. I've been learning them by playing, but not a very conscious and active effort to learn them, being on the lookout not to get killed, so even if I now know some maps very well (I think), I'm sure even those have plenty of spots and opportunities I'm missing. I still get surprised at some maps I thought I new well being shot from positions I didn't think I could get into.
- I reload too much. Since that match with the unlockable MG where I reloaded with 90+ bullets left, I've been trying to retrain me into not reloading after every kill. It's a left over from when I was very poor player and netcode was much worse and I needed almost a full SMG clip to kill an enemy.
- Just nailing what I'm learning into my routine.
- Don't buy anything until you've got properly acquainted with the unlockable weapons and mods to figure what you want or need for your playstyle. As much people say F2020 is OP, it still can't substitute skill. I'm no high skill player and I've got scores like 7-2 with a Kriss (one of the weakest weapons) against a F2020 user.
- It's not camping if it's defending.
- It's not camping if it's covering his team mates.
- It's not camping if they're making effective space control.
- It's not camping if it's flanking the enemy.
- Flanking is good.
- Look at the map, but don't look too much! Look at the whole screen but your focus is in front of you.
- If enemies can come from two ways, try to find a place both ways come into the same line in front of you. If you can't then I need advice to, mine so far is pray enemies come from the way you've chosen to watch as the main threat and they don't wait to come through it to the moment you turn to check the other (every time, aarg!).
- Keep cover close, even if netcode can still kill you behind it may still save you.
- Don't lose sight of your team mates. Try to act coordinately with them.
- The most important. If the enemy team is much superior or an specific enemy kills you a lot, instead of assuming cheats from the start, try to observe and take note of how he's killing you. See if you can pick on something he's doing that may be giving him an edge or what you are doing that may make it easier for him to get you, then try to apply those in your own play.