Some advice questions

MidlordMidlord
First Assault Rep: 3,260
Member+
edited March 10 in Game Guides
I'm making this thread with two purposes: first is to make some inquiries for advice in problems I know I have and seem to have not thought a valid way to solve it, write down some ideas on advice I think may be useful.

First, problems I have and haven't solved in a long time:

- I look at the map too much. I know the advice is limit it to when I'm safe. But, how do I know it's safe to open the map when I've still not looked at it?

- I'm irregular. Lately I don't get much up arrows because either I start strong but then I fade away or I end strong after a pretty weak start. Unless I'm sucking the whole match. I think there's no actual advice to give in that and it's just a problem of concentration; I either lose focus for a period of time or maybe it's a mentality issue. Either I start strong and then get overconfident and pay for it or I start not being as careful as I should and then as I'm aware I need to make an effort to improve I gain focus to start doing things right. One other thing: look in custom matches for small rooms created to make runs to actively try to learn the maps. I've been learning them by playing, but not a very conscious and active effort to learn them, being on the lookout not to get killed, so even if I now know some maps very well (I think), I'm sure even those have plenty of spots and opportunities I'm missing. I still get surprised at some maps I thought I new well being shot from positions I didn't think I could get into.

- I reload too much. Since that match with the unlockable MG where I reloaded with 90+ bullets left, I've been trying to retrain me into not reloading after every kill. It's a left over from when I was very poor player and netcode was much worse and I needed almost a full SMG clip to kill an enemy.

- Just nailing what I'm learning into my routine.

Advices:

- Don't buy anything until you've got properly acquainted with the unlockable weapons and mods to figure what you want or need for your playstyle. As much people say F2020 is OP, it still can't substitute skill. I'm no high skill player and I've got scores like 7-2 with a Kriss (one of the weakest weapons) against a F2020 user.

- It's not camping if it's defending.

- It's not camping if it's covering his team mates.

- It's not camping if they're making effective space control.

- It's not camping if it's flanking the enemy.

- Flanking is good.

- Look at the map, but don't look too much! Look at the whole screen but your focus is in front of you.

- If enemies can come from two ways, try to find a place both ways come into the same line in front of you. If you can't then I need advice to, mine so far is pray enemies come from the way you've chosen to watch as the main threat and they don't wait to come through it to the moment you turn to check the other (every time, aarg!).

- Keep cover close, even if netcode can still kill you behind it may still save you.

- Don't lose sight of your team mates. Try to act coordinately with them.

- The most important. If the enemy team is much superior or an specific enemy kills you a lot, instead of assuming cheats from the start, try to observe and take note of how he's killing you. See if you can pick on something he's doing that may be giving him an edge or what you are doing that may make it easier for him to get you, then try to apply those in your own play.
porcofonVeldrinxochildWootwoot

Comments

• kusanagi9273346kusanagi9273346
    First Assault Rep: 890
    edited March 10
    you missed one thing: try to avoid people on your team especially if they suck at using wasd to move fluently while not blocking their own teammates that causes not only yourself but also them extra deaths. most just sprints with shift+w straightly n gets in front of your glicthy movements that gets you killed.
    i will not try explain why people should stop blocking because that's already obvious, most players are quiet too stupid to realise that they shouldnt try get in front of clutchers or try cross their way to engagements for extra kills.
    porcofonMidlord
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 2,150
    edited March 11
    you missed one thing: try to avoid people on your team especially if they suck at using wasd to move fluently while not blocking their own teammates that causes not only yourself but also them extra deaths. most just sprints with shift+w straightly n gets in front of your glicthy movements that gets you killed.
    i will not try explain why people should stop blocking because that's already obvious, most players are quiet too stupid to realise that they shouldnt try get in front of clutchers or try cross their way to engagements for extra kills.

No need to be to harsh. Some players just play the first time. I smile and give a advice and maybe they listen or not. You can't do anything than that.

edited March 11
    Veldrin wrote: »

No need to be to harsh. Some players just play the first time. I smile and give a advice and maybe they listen or not. You can't do anything than that.
    that'r basics from/for fps games not for just gits. if they dont know why 4 other keys fr wasd or either set up arent give they should go play "tetris" ironiccaly, its too hard for them to understand unless they never played fps games that supports antighosting, which basically works in 99% of the time in fps/tps modern games.
    i woudlnt be so harsh but that just drives me crazy, either im not good in fps games but it's clearly known to me that some people do not realise what they're doing.

• MidlordMidlord
    Member+
    edited March 11
    In line to what you've said, some other piece of advice:

If you're sniping, take into account not only to be in a good spot to make an efffective watch of the area you want to defend, also consider not blocking your team mates. An example of this problem is the ramps at D terminal in District Ruins. Snipers have an excelent position to snipe from in the entry ramp, but it happens also to be the safer way for team mates from the spawn to the terminal as it means the less time to be exposed to enemy fire. If yougo through the interiour entrance, you'll be exposed for a longer stint between coming out the door and getting to the terminal hidden by the wall. Too often I find a sniper completely blocking that path and forcing me to take the riskier way in, which not rarely ends in me getting killed. That is eased with a smove to the box there between exit and ramp to block enemies sight of you passing that part without blocking your sniper line of sight. So, if you're the sniper, mind the chance your chosing position may be blocking the path of team mates who're taking a more advanced role. If you're the player who needs to move beyond and see a sniper in your path, consider if there is an alternative path and if you can manage the weaknesses of that other pass without interferring with your sniper.

Another piece of advice: don't go too far in trusting your team. Say you are defending a position that has two ways in for the enemy. You're watching way A and you know you have at least a team mate watching team B. Don't go all too much into thinking B is protected you can focus on A. Your team mate may be a top player, but the enemy also plays and can have other top players. You may not need to be turning all the time to watch B, but you still need to check every so often that team mate is still alive watching B. Otherwise you'll find too late the enemy managed to get to him and kill you from B.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited March 11
    Veldrin wrote: »

that'r basics from/for fps games not for just gits. if they dont know why 4 other keys fr wasd or either set up arent give they should go play "tetris" ironiccaly, its too hard for them to understand unless they never played fps games that supports antighosting, which basically works in 99% of the time in fps/tps modern games.
    i woudlnt be so harsh but that just drives me crazy, either im not good in fps games but it's clearly known to me that some people do not realise what they're doing.

again, maybe its their first fps game, or any game in ego perspective.
    edited March 13
    a little offtopic:
    this game has victory from dirty camping. but if u played battlefield 4 or battlefield3 team who camps to keep one position would result to their team beeing defeated,
    i had in operation metro today match where my team was camping enemies to control one objective. we were half half with 4000/5000 tickets left on both teams, then few players of enemy ream managed to skip our taken controller and spawn their players behind us.
    in the end we lost the match 0-3000tickets remaining.
    http://imgur.com/a/91lKy operation metro map.
    gits camping is called "Defending" because it's all you have to do most of the time not to lose the onjective you;re currently securing.
    on gits you can lead to victory controlling every single outrance by camping. because as long the enemy team doesnt have it can not spawn there.
    to be clear, even if you got B and A while enemy has C u can lose both of them if enemy manages reaching controller A by voiding the direct firefight.
    for gits having this kind of spawning system most players would be crying about how difficult to win by camping in terminal conquest.

SIMPLIER: WATCH YOUR SIX!
  • MidlordMidlord
    Member+
    edited March 13
    Now that's something I can get behind! (pun not intended but liked) To have more ways around and make static defences not being as easy to implement.
    edited March 13
    Midlord wrote: »
    Now that's something I can get behind! (pun not intended but liked) To have more ways around and make static defences not being as easy to implement.

flank right from the enemy's positions!!!!
    hope this game actually had something called "DEFENDING" FOR REAL NOT JUST CAMPING FOR THE FRONT LINES!!
    watch from 0:39 amnd you'll understand why i call gits strategy for "defending"- CAMPING!!
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 1,950
    edited March 14
    If you have a problem with constant absurd reloadings, the fix of that habit is actually simple. Use MG with 100 bullets for a long time! In time, you gonna forgot using the freakin' R button because of so many bullets. And you'll gain the bullet checkin' behaviour! I fixed my problem with that ! So not anymore constant reloadings for me, I reload when I feel safe now ! And changin' the reload button to somewhere far away never helps, instead it makes your gameplay harder !
    MidlordSlipperySnail
  • SlipperySnailSlipperySnail
    First Assault Rep: 1,485
    edited March 18
    "I'm Irregular . . . spiel"

Truth is, I'm sure a lot of us has had this problem. I can't represent everyone, but I believe a major portion that factors into this is psyche. It's as they say in MOBAs. You get too greedy, or overconfident. If only you got that next headshot, right?.. Or if you're a hardscoping sniper in a S&D match. You could have waited another second to watch that guy pop out, but in a freak shot, he caught you. Keeping a level head will help you get through this. Now consider keeping a level head with the rest of your team. I know I'd be frustrated if I were on the bottom of the scoreboard, but some days are just like that. You can't win them all.

"Reloading after every kill"

I really like Alma's idea on getting a magfed LMG, as that was how I fixed my problem too. Through using an LMG, there's a lot of room for error and at most, medium-risk consequences for it. From using an LMG though, the main thing is to know yourself, and yourself respective to your gun. If you know you can take out the next person within five rounds, go for it. If you know that you have a happy trigger finger, it might be better to take cover and reload. That sort of stuff. In knowing that, don't forget to reload when you have free time! At least then you would be mitigating any further risks in having a near-empty mag.
    MidlordAlmalexion
  • noppnopp
    First Assault Rep: 1,190
    edited March 24
    "Reloading after every kill".
    Switching to LMG cant help if Yyou have a strong habit to reload guns after each kill. Ive got 1,5-2k kills on m249 and still I will reload after 1 kill; some players like me who played a lot of different fps where You have infinity ammo (TF2, Overwatch and others) and auto-reload after every shoot. I havent touched m249 for months and when I played 2 days ago with it in Demo, after 1 kill and 90+ bullets in clip I reloaded. So my teammates told me "there is no need to reload with 90+ bullets". Just deal with it. I cant say that I was catched by someone when I had a bunch of bullets but I reload anyway. Usually once You kill someone there is no one around.
  • Maxwellx90xMaxwellx90x
    First Assault Rep: 410
    edited April 5
    Noob question, now that you don't get free operatives from levelling, what should we spend our first money on?
    Operatives, weapons, accessories, removed by mod?
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 6,580
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 5
    I honestly think OPs would be the best thing first, unless you know for sure you like the OP you have. Then weapons. However, if you are happy with your current OP, weapon is a must. Also, I have to edit your post for being a little NSFW.
    Maxwellx90x
  • porcofonporcofon
    First Assault Rep: 1,795
    edited April 5
    I wold go with new base weapon & upgrades because if u got medium skills you can do GP faster with a competitive weapon than relying on OP's skill. At list that is my strategy, it works and I'm not a skilled player.
  • Maxwellx90xMaxwellx90x
    First Assault Rep: 410
    edited April 5
    Venkman wrote: »
    I honestly think OPs would be the best thing first, unless you know for sure you like the OP you have. Then weapons. However, if you are happy with your current OP, weapon is a must. Also, I have to edit your post for being a little NSFW.
    porcofon wrote: »
    I wold go with new base weapon & upgrades because if u got medium skills you can do GP faster with a competitive weapon than relying on OP's skill. At list that is my strategy, it works and I'm not a skilled player.

Thx
    I found that the F2020 fits my aggressive noobie playstile, bought it and it increased drastically my performance, i think i'll stick with my starter OP (Maven, i like her, she's cunning) for a bit more
    It was a great suggestion
    Venkman
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited April 13
    Other way around a guy with 2 rounds left in his AR got told to reload. Yeah he got the headshot with his last shot. Lucky bastard :D
    Oh wait it was me X)
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited April 13
    By the way. Could you stop saying OP for Operative.
    OP = Overpowered
    Op./Opv = Operative
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited April 13
    Noob question, now that you don't get free operatives from levelling, what should we spend our first money on?
    Operatives, weapons, accessories, removed by mod?
    If you are okay with starter weapons (M4 is very good) buy damage barrel at least, thats the only important for this gun. Then chips for operative, and after this buy the other mods you'd like for your weapon
    That would i have done, but thats too late now. Just wanted to say it anyway, maybe anotehr one can use it.