11th Installment: Headshot Dmg Calculation Method

LumosNXALumosNXA
First Assault Rep: 16,055
Administrator
edited March 15 in Official News
Greetings, Operatives!

In this blog, we wanted to explain headshot damage and how it is calculated in the game. Headshot damage is the damage dealt to a character’s head.

FUJOyeA.png

To learn more about headshot damage, visit our Tumblr blog:
http://playfirstassault.tumblr.com/post/158454047301/
JShengKaiP4prik4iiShanPlayer48105Huzafia

Comments

• HilliHilli
    First Assault Rep: 2,085
    Member+
    edited March 16
    Excuse me, but I don't understand that system.
    In your example you took the MP-V5A that weapon deals 27demage in optimalrange. How do you get the Result 120.6?
    27*3 +0.6*81=128.6
    My second question is: Why doesn't the armor reduce demage?
    I thought the armor(Ap) is to reduce demage by 60%. If this thesis is true, then would be the equation: (27*3)*0.6=48.6AP
    The total demage is 81, but while the target has enough AP he less only 32.4 HP and 48.6 AP.
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,455
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 16
    @Hilli i guess its because they use the raw damage values that still need to be calculated with AP damage reduction.
    27 damage of the mp5V (as shown in the game) is an already calculated "true damage" stat. (raw value minus ap).

In short: we cant see everything ingame. We only see the already calculated value.
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,120
    edited March 16
    does movement affect strafe? does bonus movement affect movement when hit?
    it just seems to me the reason agile step is so popular is because you're essentially also getting faster movement when hit and faster strafing from it.
    kind of like: a square is rectangle but rectangle is not a square.

Also does stability effect graze resistance? and what exactly is stability? is it just recoil: how much each shot fired disrupts your aim?
    why does it matter on a bolt action sniper rifle for example, I could care less if my rifle recoils if the ROF is long and I exit ADSwith each shot.
  • The_MythMakerThe_MythMaker
    First Assault Rep: 735
    edited March 18
    I've tested gun damages and these number are not only different from recorded and verifiable in-game results, in several cases they are downright contradictory.

First, the gun damage numbers: in terms of which guns do more damage than others within the same class, the SMG order is wrong.

In the chart here, the True Damage numbers say :

62: P-90S1
    +2
    64: MP5K-S3
    C-26A
    +1
    65: EVO
    PP-2200
    +2
    67: MP-V5A

However, the consistent damage numbers that anyone can verify in game say that the Total Damage (what I call HP+AP) order is:

43: P-90S1
    MP5K-S3
    C-26QA
    +2
    45: EVO
    +1
    46: MP-V5A
    +1
    47: PP-2200

So, not only are the differences between the guns inconsistent with the "True Damage" numbers in the chart, but the order of the damage the guns produce is wrong as well.

And, while I can confirm that all classes of guns (except shotguns) do have a 60/40 HP/AP split, the total damage is significantly lower than the True Damage for no reason I can see. (The only conjecture I can come up with is that there is a difference in the damage that guns do to players vs. what they do to hardware, but that isn't very convincing.)
  • HakureiHakurei
    edited March 18
    Seems we use 2 different meanings of true damage then. What i mean is the value given ingame (35 damage per bullet M4A1 for example) as armor is already substracted.
    The small differences between those two lists might be because rounding up. We cannot see decimal numbers, but they are in there.
    edited March 18
    Hakurei wrote: »
    Seems we use 2 different meanings of true damage then. What i mean is the value given ingame (35 damage per bullet M4A1 for example) as armor is already substracted.

I never referred to your post at all. In your post, you call the base damage numbers - which I referred to as True Damage from a line in the original blog post - as "raw damage".

And, I've already confirmed that there are no decimals in games. Every gun does the exact same damage (HP and AP) per shot. There is never a rounding issue once the shooting starts. This is easily confirm-able because according to the testable numbers, several of the gun setups "should" be doing an extra 1/3 damage, meaning that there should be a variance of 1 every third shot. That variance never happens. As for rounding outside of matches in the Armoury and during gun setup, no amount of rounding should be altering the order of gun effectiveness. Guns that start at 1 point difference might vary to a 0 or 2 difference, but guns that are equal to start with shouldn't "round" off to a +2 difference, especially if the one that gets +2 also leapfrogs over another gun in the process.

There is something strange going on here. I can see a number of places in all this where the numbers can be getting messed up (including flaws in my testing) but there is definitely a problem between the Damage Charts in the blog post and the testable numbers in-game above and beyond the obvious across-the-board reduction.

• HakureiHakurei
    edited March 18
    If there are no decimals, how can you explain that a k22 cannot kill a 120 hp dummy in 3 bodyshots (39dmg per shot with 2511LB), but a f2020 can?
    A deathstalker needs 29 dmg to oneshot headshot a 120 hp target while most other weapons only need 28 damage to do that.
    Also i didnt say weapons have variable damage per shot, if you meant that.
    edited March 19
    If there are no decimals, how can you explain that a k22 cannot kill a 120 hp dummy in 3 bodyshots (39dmg per shot with 2511LB), but a f2020 can?
    That question intrigued me, so I loaded up the game just to check it out. Unfortunately, you are wrong: both guns (with the 2511LB barrels) do kill in 3 body shots. And I never said that there were no decimals in-game, I said no decimals "in games". I even specifically explained that I meant "once the shooting starts". No gun during a match does 33.4 damage for instance; it will do either 33 or 34 and never cross over to the other one (well, not that I've been able to find anyway).

A deathstalker needs 29 dmg to oneshot headshot a 120 hp target while most other weapons only need 28 damage to do that.
    According to the blog chart, the EVO has exactly +1 True Damage in comparison to the MP5K-S3. So, a +1 damage barrel (if it's +1 True Damage) on the MP5 should make them equal. But it doesn't. And yes, the +2 Barrel on the MP5 is enough to 1-shot, but the +1 on the EVO isn't. So, the damage barrels aren't doing +1HP damage either. There are definitely issues happening here. It might be worth testing out the +1 damage barrel headshot against an actual T2 Nano-Gel player to see if they die or not. That might constitute proof that decimals ARE happening in games, at least in a limited fashion.

The points in my original post remain:
    1. The "official" gun damage list does not agree with the order and levels of gun power that I found through testing.
    2. There is an across-the-board damage reduction even before the HP/AP calculation happens that I don't see anything to account for.
  • HakureiHakurei
    edited March 19
    Hmm ye the first example was wrong now that i looked at it again, my bad (might have mixed some memories up).
    Anyway i agree, the stats/hidden stats are confusing at times and if the devs could clear more things up that would be great.
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 1,735
    edited March 19
    It should be changed to a one shot only... :)