Vote kick for enemy lagger players

TylerCTylerC
First Assault Rep: 2,795
edited March 18 in Suggestions and Feedback
Well, it has been sometime since some people abuse of their (probably) triggered lag. Usually it's not much of a problem, because either they leave or they are kicked by their own team, but sometimes neither of that happen. This enemys can be very dangerous, not because they are killing spree players, but because they are way too distracting (and as already being said in other threads, that modify the way the netcode behaves), especially in Demo and TC.

So I think it's only fair for heavy laggers can be kicked by the enemy team, or even better, they should be automatically kicked after some threshold time (maybe 30segs ?)

Yeah, they may love the game, but they ruin the game for everyone else.
codeman02

Comments

• iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,245
    edited March 18
    As a laggy wireless user myself, I have to agree.
    There have been many suggestions to fix the teleporting lag players, though. So most likely they are coming to a compromise.

However, keep in mind not everyone is a lagswitcher. There are people like me who are in terrible circumstances with their ISP (wireless connections being interfered with, throttling from ISP's, even both.) So many players don't realize they're lagging around until someone complains, or if they're constantly opening their TAB menu to see if their ping is moving around.
  • TylerCTylerC
    First Assault Rep: 2,795
    edited March 19
    Yeah, everyone can suffer that, even I have been a teleporting player a couple of times (updating the OS of my phones makes google play to autoupdate, until reconfigured, I learned it the bad way), thats why I'm suggesting a wide threshold (30-40segs), that may allow for the spike to go away, but not long enough to be bothersome.
    iiShan
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 2,120
    edited March 19
    About lag spiking, I have that too sometimes when my youtube music changes but it just takes 1-3 second to return normal (30 to 80 then returnin' to 30).
    But... I never had any problem or someone calls me a teleporter because of that and people be able to see my changin' ms rates when they check on tab...
    It's like server tries to correct your positioning, but fails miserably and it normally happens when you have 130+ ms, not 20ms or somethin' and that makes it suspicious the most...
    iiShan
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,245
    edited March 19
    Almalexion wrote: »
    About lag spiking, I have that too sometimes when my youtube music changes but it just takes 1-3 second to return normal (30 to 80 then returnin' to 30).
    But... I never had any problem or someone calls me a teleporter because of that and people be able to see my changin' ms rates when they check on tab...
    It's like server tries to correct your positioning, but fails miserably and it normally happens when you have 130+ ms, not 20ms or somethin' and that makes it suspicious the most...

It would make the most sense.
    On my connection, either there's too many people on the tower (despite upgrades done to it, supposedly) or something between me and the tower is interfering with it, my best window is at night with ping around the 30's to 60's with no complaints. During the day, easy 50 to 120+ and it's bad for both me and the enemy. Lagging around for them, yet on my end the worst I get are hitreg issues and phantom bullets. Being this is a F2P title, I doubt they'll have CS:GO quality servers where I literally cannot move some days without rubberbanding back like I'm usually used to, but something like TylerC said should at least deter players from actually abusing this.
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 2,120
    edited March 20
    What I really know is, lagger players can be able to trick the server with sidestep teleportin' or lot of prefire kills. But, they see the people more faster and more responsive then a 10ms player because of the compensation. Also when you hit a lagger, most of your bullets not registers as hits. I found out that when I watched a certain player with 9ms videos that I also in it. In that video, people he shots looks like more slowly walkin' (I look like a dumb) and looks like very slow at reacting, everything looks very clean. But when I play, I mostly found myself racing with the server and have to be faster then the server to get kills. Not faster then the players. Sometimes I see a player shots to my right and bullets passes on my right and I get killed thanks to the broken netcode... And sometimes I shot with a sniper rifle, I hear my sniper rifle sounds first and dies immediately with ongoin' pull sound and no bullets goes because server predetermines that I too slow to shot and died.

So, these are the two sides of the coin, being lagger or not. But being on the middle of it, it just worst.

So solution of it is simple, server shoul kick the laggers and makes the remainin' players mses too close to eachother with max -5 +5 to the optimal ms so everyone can be able to on in an equal platform which this eliminates ms over skill thing so the only remainin' fix from server side goes to the netcode issues...
    Servers can do that with just increase or decrease the package loads as it fits...
    TylerC