Why does reporting hackers matter?

P4prik4P4prik4
First Assault Rep: 2,855
Posts: 514
Member
edited March 19 in General Chat
when they can just create a new account and get all the early rewards that come with it. It's not like hackers will spend any money on this game.

On a side note: If you're a hacker and own skins, then i'll be less suspicious of you, hell at least you're supporting the devs.

waste of time to both players and devs to go in an try to weed out hackers, they just crop back up because there are no substantial penalties.
we need a better solution.

Comments

  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,800
    Posts: 534
    Member
    edited March 19
    Because maybe they'll either stop hacking, get reported again for hacking, or give up because making that 34th Yahoo account is too much of a hassle.

    But on a serious note, the actual hackers need to be banned so anyone who tries this out can actually have a chance. Have you seen some of these other F2P FPS games (Mostly on Steam) that just accept their doom and hackers are rampant?
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 514
    Member
    edited March 19
    lol 34th account... It's a lot of effort to ban the same person 3 times yet a lone 34th time. There's a hacker in the game atm that blatantly hacks, he's been at it for a while now and he's still not banned. Its quite sad.

    Also people that hack are usually unfazed by small things like creating a new account.

    If you've gone out of your way to hack, you'll go out of your way to make a new account. Say it takes 1 week to get a new account banned. making a yahoo account each week isn't hard.
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,800
    Posts: 534
    Member
    edited March 19
    P4prik4 wrote: »
    lol 34th account... It's a lot of effort to ban the same person 3 times yet a lone 34th time. There's a hacker in the game atm that blatantly hacks, he's been at it for a while now and he's still not banned. Its quite sad.

    Also people that hack are usually unfazed by small things like creating a new account.

    If you've gone out of your way to hack, you'll go out of your way to make a new account. Say it takes 1 week to get a new account banned. making a yahoo account each week isn't hard.

    I say it's worth trying, no matter how futile it seems. Give it enough time and they might give up.
    If not, well sucks to be them that they are so bad that they need to hack, right?
    Veldrin
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,835
    Posts: 115
    Member
    edited March 19
    P4prik4 wrote: »
    when they can just create a new account and get all the early rewards that come with it. It's not like hackers will spend any money on this game.

    when they can just create a new account and get all the early rewards that come with it. It's not like hackers will spend any money on this game.
    You apparently are unaware of Cash Shop Bribery.


    iiShan wrote: »
    Because maybe they'll either stop hacking, get reported again for hacking, or give up because making that 34th Yahoo account is too much of a hassle
    You apparently are unaware of Bots that make Random Email Accounts for you.


    iiShan wrote: »
    If not, well sucks to be them that they are so bad that they need to hack, right?
    Various reasons:
    They are bad and need hacks (as you said).
    Reactions (ie enjoy trolling/upsetting people).
    Adds a new experience compared to the usual dull gameplay.
    So called "pros" to give them that extra edge against others.
    And much more reasons but you get it.
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,800
    Posts: 534
    Member
    edited March 19
    Sky_Cardis wrote: »
    P4prik4 wrote: »
    when they can just create a new account and get all the early rewards that come with it. It's not like hackers will spend any money on this game.

    when they can just create a new account and get all the early rewards that come with it. It's not like hackers will spend any money on this game.
    You apparently are unaware of Cash Shop Bribery.


    iiShan wrote: »
    Because maybe they'll either stop hacking, get reported again for hacking, or give up because making that 34th Yahoo account is too much of a hassle
    You apparently are unaware of Bots that make Random Email Accounts for you.


    iiShan wrote: »
    If not, well sucks to be them that they are so bad that they need to hack, right?
    Various reasons:
    They are bad and need hacks (as you said).
    Reactions (ie enjoy trolling/upsetting people).
    Adds a new experience compared to the usual dull gameplay.
    So called "pros" to give them that extra edge against others.
    And much more reasons but you get it.

    If you could elaborate on this cash shop bribery, I'd be interested to read that.

    As far as using bots, my point still stands. You'd have to have either a serious hatred for the game or have no other interests to constantly be generating new emails and such just to get a reaction or look good in one game. On the other hand, I remember on the PS3 there was a hacker in Dark Souls with a username along the lines of AK-something who apparently still invades low leveled players using a broken weapon literally only obtainable from altered saves, not to mention the max stats and armors that are also obtained from altered saves. Difference here, is that for some reason Dark Souls was a lawless wasteland for hacking and nobody got banned for it due to a loophole that those items are technically IN the game, or the PSN just didn't care enough to ban the players.

    Point is, even if they're banned for a short hour or two, it's a fight worth fighting to keep these players off the servers for as long as they're able.
    Veldrin
  • Saltysac81Saltysac81
    First Assault Rep: 680
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited March 19
    I'm pretty sure they IP ban you if you get banned.
    There are good players that make new account too, doesn't mean they are hacking :)
    I have 4 lol
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 514
    Member
    edited March 19
    hackers can change IPs/hide behind VPN. In fact hackers do that to prevent themselves from getting DDoSed by other hackers.
    IP ban still won't do,

    Quick google search and read these comments:
    IP is not standard practice now adays considering -most- of the computers from ISP's use Dynamicly Allocated addressing.

    Baning by IP was never very effective given that ISP's generally depend on DHCP addresses

    Today it's totally useless as ISPs are now doing mass NAT-ing of addresses due to IPv4 shortages.
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 2,230
    Posts: 214
    Member
    edited March 20
    It matters. I enjoy 3 things. Getting lots of kill in legit way, be able to buy all of the weapons with my effort, and catchin' reportin' and bannin' hackers which is like a merit of honor to me. I recorded totally 4 hacker in a video and reported them and they got banned ! I whish nexon makes a team of players specifically for this, I gladly join that.

    In the end, if you play legitly, you wont get reported for once anyway... People don't report people for no valid reason...
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,835
    Posts: 115
    Member
    edited March 20
    iiShan wrote: »
    If you could elaborate on this cash shop bribery, I'd be interested to read that..
    I would LOVE to name COMPANY names...but I don't need the erm...."trouble" on particular one/ones. So I'll keep it in general for Game Companies.

    A company, a corporation. Has only one goal, and only one goal in mind, to make MONEY. Now a company will take shortcuts to "save" more" and "make more" in a general business standpoint, but for Game Companies (mostly those who own/host PC Online Games) goes a bit further.
    Despite what may will think, a Game Company DOES NOT CARE about the person who buys their games, they are just a number, to increase their numbers (of profit). Now with this in mind, if the numbers speak with money in hand, it leads to the game not only staying "up" but also add more to the game itself. BUT ONLY if it helps them make more money then it would prior to the "Updates". Of course chances most be taken, like for this game, since it is still new it needs these updates and player feed back to stay afloat.

    NOW TO WHAT YOU wish to know.
    When it comes to hackers/cheaters/trollers and the general negative tropes you find in online gaming, they are also a number just like you and me. But some numbers add more numbers (money) then others. So when you have for example: A hacker as our topic is about.
    If there is a hacker that keeps forking over the cash, lots of cash -example removed to keep things in general-, chances are they won't get banned because they are an income a game company wants...needs (all about the money), and if any ban is to happen its more of a suspension/slap on the wrist. If there are MANY hackers buying things from a game, that is more money and banning them may make them lose the continual income of these hackers.
    THIS is why it is (what I call it) Cash Shop Bribery.
    Of course if they end up not buying anything anymore, they are just another number that no longer gives them money and maybe then a ban will happen (once a pond is dried up they move to the next).

    You are free to to believe or disbelieve , but keep in mind:
    How many game companies close games just months after Open Beta because they didn't get to the bracket of money required within the time they made.

    Now Cash Shop Bribery is VERY FEW, because it won't always keep them safe (depending on the company or the circumstance such as, if you are hacking cash shop items into a game...you are "stealing" from the game company...and that will not stand with any game company because...money.)

    TL:DR
    No company really wants to ban a big cash player in fear of losing future revenue from the player.
    iiShan
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,340
    Posts: 1,509
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 20
    The bottom line is it is important to report for the following reasons:

    1) To attempt to ban that player/account (yes VPNs perhaps offer loopholes, I don't know the process, but we can't solve world peace/hunger in 1 day either right?)
    2) To keep up to date with all of the hacks
    3) To try and get ahead of hacks
    4) To help report game hacking website/communities to all (this is for the betterment of the game industry, not just GITS)
    iiShanporcofon
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,105
    Posts: 440
    Member
    edited March 20
    Almalexion wrote: »
    It matters. I enjoy 3 things. Getting lots of kill in legit way, be able to buy all of the weapons with my effort, and catchin' reportin' and bannin' hackers which is like a merit of honor to me. I recorded totally 4 hacker in a video and reported them and they got banned ! I whish nexon makes a team of players specifically for this, I gladly join that.

    In the end, if you play legitly, you wont get reported for once anyway... People don't report people for no valid reason...

    People report other people witouth valid reason every day. I bet reason number one: Enemy was better than ME, but "Le ME" is infallible, so THEY must be Hacking *pressing report button rapidly*. Reason No. 2: Unawareness or ignorance about the game’s gameplay functions and/or netcode issues.

    I saw two hackers (almost 100 percent sure) in 1k hours playtime. After the first one i installed a recording software, since i believe pressing a report button is pretty pointless. The second hacker i properly recorded on video. And i think he got banned, since I never saw this player again. And i maybe saw a third one, but i was not sure about if its real cheating or just a weird bug or issue, so i did not report him. And please don’t cry hackers all the time. 99.99 percent of this are wrong accusations. Plenty of reasons exist why people hackusate and don’t forget the netcode or people that are just better.
    And generally. Screaming hackers and pressing the report button like a daily ritual is über bullshit and pointless. You need to record them, render the video, and upload it in any way, then open a support ticket with the video link.
    iiShan
  • TamuraTamura
    First Assault Rep: 480
    Posts: 14
    Member
    edited March 20
    What happens if you don't have a program to record hackers? It basically comes to your word against theirs. What are the devs doing to investigate these hackers?
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 4,245
    Posts: 789
    Member+
    edited March 21
    As Veldrin says, there's quite a bit of wrong hackusations.
    There are the frequent who scream hacker because the enemy is doing very well against them, he has better reactions, they wait in the most used spots... whatever and then get angry.
    But there's also quite a few from not being aware of the netcode. Lately I've seen various saying "XXX hacks! I got killed behind cover", when I ask them if just after getting behind cover they say it's that, so it turns out those are just netcode issues, no hacking (when this has happened all have given a good reaction :D) so it's they were unaware of that being a problem. I know it's netcode issue and not hacking because I've been at both sides of that kind of kills so I know there's no hacks involved. Incidentally, recently I've been trying Paladins and in the one PvP game I've played I got killed like that, so that's not something that only happens here.

    But yeah. If you can record, take a video of it and then send it to CS. I've seen four players who were obvious cheaters and reported them and haven't seen any of them ever again. That means reporting isn't useless.

    If you don't have a video, then I don't know how it works. Maybe the server generates a log for every match so when you hit report it will be linked to that and then they may be able to check the log?
    Veldrin
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 5,225
    Posts: 1,169
    Member+
    edited March 21
    I think not every single hacker will use clearly visible hacks, if someone have permanent saito scan and use saito then you cant be sure if he use wall hack or he really used heat sensor.
    Second thing: Perfect aiming - smart haxors probably dont use the perfect aim locking theyre making that more real by missing a bit.

    Conclusion: I think that there is many haxors thats actually hiding not making anything suspicious.
    Ive seen hacker only 2 times. Probably game have fixed security comparing to the state half year ago.
    iiShanTylerC
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,105
    Posts: 440
    Member
    edited March 21
    Andu wrote: »
    I think not every single hacker will use clearly visible hacks, if someone have permanent saito scan and use saito then you cant be sure if he use wall hack or he really used heat sensor.
    Second thing: Perfect aiming - smart haxors probably dont use the perfect aim locking theyre making that more real by missing a bit.

    Conclusion: I think that there is many haxors thats actually hiding not making anything suspicious.
    Ive seen hacker only 2 times. Probably game have fixed security comparing to the state half year ago.

    Yes, you’re right. The "clever cheaters" are very difficult or almost impossible to catch. Sad. Only logging and heavy tracking of all possible stats (like in COD for example) could help against those people.
    iiShan
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,835
    Posts: 115
    Member
    edited March 22
    I have so much to say but it would fall on Deaf Ears. What has been said has been many of times. I will says this:
    When a site now giving out hacks (most likely public), you'll notice a LARGE influx of new account/low ranks popping about doing ridiculously well. And before you say "pros with alts" I ran into two blatant speed hackers last week and one a few hours ago. AND NO...they were not using hyper sprint.

    This large influx been going on for about erm 2-3 weeks. If you played Online FPS games as long as I have...it tells me all the data I need to know. Patterns are the same every time.
    You have been warned, do as you please.
  • TylerCTylerC
    First Assault Rep: 2,820
    Posts: 471
    Member
    edited April 1
    Sorry to disagree with the 99.99%, but that's a lie, just like the cake.

    When BF BC2 came out, I bought it along with some friends. The gaming community maybe was big, but compared to what massive is nowadays, it could be say that it was still small. There were hackers when it released, there were hackers at the pinacle of it's life and there are hackers still nowadays. That happens with most of the games (specially fps). BF4 is another example (I havent bought BF1). BF = Battlefield.

    So, telling me that there is no hackers is just plain silly (no offense). There are lots of them, but this game makes it really hard for us to detect them, so one may even thinks that they are not a single one at all.

    There were even persons that I thought they were skilled, but when this game puts EVENTS that has lots of Demolitions matches, one has time to finally watch how some of those players play. Yeah, one thing is suspicious kills from time to time and other, blatantly cinical kills. And then, the funny thing is watching that guy being overwhelmed by another guy, that can only mean one thing, that other one has even better cheats than him.

    And as funny it may sound, but I don't really care about those cheaters. They are smart enough to don't have their kdr higher than 3.5, they don't ruin the matches obliberating everyone. I think the priority is to fix the netcode, when that happen, detect cheaters will be a piece of cake.
    iiShanKawaccinoAlmalexionMidlord