Why does reporting hackers matter?

Comments

• VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 1,475
    edited March 20
    Almalexion wrote: »
    It matters. I enjoy 3 things. Getting lots of kill in legit way, be able to buy all of the weapons with my effort, and catchin' reportin' and bannin' hackers which is like a merit of honor to me. I recorded totally 4 hacker in a video and reported them and they got banned ! I whish nexon makes a team of players specifically for this, I gladly join that.

In the end, if you play legitly, you wont get reported for once anyway... People don't report people for no valid reason...

People report other people witouth valid reason every day. I bet reason number one: Enemy was better than ME, but "Le ME" is infallible, so THEY must be Hacking *pressing report button rapidly*. Reason No. 2: Unawareness or ignorance about the game’s gameplay functions and/or netcode issues.

I saw two hackers (almost 100 percent sure) in 1k hours playtime. After the first one i installed a recording software, since i believe pressing a report button is pretty pointless. The second hacker i properly recorded on video. And i think he got banned, since I never saw this player again. And i maybe saw a third one, but i was not sure about if its real cheating or just a weird bug or issue, so i did not report him. And please don’t cry hackers all the time. 99.99 percent of this are wrong accusations. Plenty of reasons exist why people hackusate and don’t forget the netcode or people that are just better.
    And generally. Screaming hackers and pressing the report button like a daily ritual is über bullshit and pointless. You need to record them, render the video, and upload it in any way, then open a support ticket with the video link.
    iiShan
  • TamuraTamura
    First Assault Rep: 335
    edited March 21
    What happens if you don't have a program to record hackers? It basically comes to your word against theirs. What are the devs doing to investigate these hackers?
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 2,440
    Member+
    edited March 21
    As Veldrin says, there's quite a bit of wrong hackusations.
    There are the frequent who scream hacker because the enemy is doing very well against them, he has better reactions, they wait in the most used spots... whatever and then get angry.
    But there's also quite a few from not being aware of the netcode. Lately I've seen various saying "XXX hacks! I got killed behind cover", when I ask them if just after getting behind cover they say it's that, so it turns out those are just netcode issues, no hacking (when this has happened all have given a good reaction :D) so it's they were unaware of that being a problem. I know it's netcode issue and not hacking because I've been at both sides of that kind of kills so I know there's no hacks involved. Incidentally, recently I've been trying Paladins and in the one PvP game I've played I got killed like that, so that's not something that only happens here.

But yeah. If you can record, take a video of it and then send it to CS. I've seen four players who were obvious cheaters and reported them and haven't seen any of them ever again. That means reporting isn't useless.

If you don't have a video, then I don't know how it works. Maybe the server generates a log for every match so when you hit report it will be linked to that and then they may be able to check the log?
    Veldrin
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 3,885
    Member+
    edited March 21
    I think not every single hacker will use clearly visible hacks, if someone have permanent saito scan and use saito then you cant be sure if he use wall hack or he really used heat sensor.
    Second thing: Perfect aiming - smart haxors probably dont use the perfect aim locking theyre making that more real by missing a bit.

Conclusion: I think that there is many haxors thats actually hiding not making anything suspicious.
    Ive seen hacker only 2 times. Probably game have fixed security comparing to the state half year ago.
    iiShan
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 1,475
    edited March 21
    Andu wrote: »
    I think not every single hacker will use clearly visible hacks, if someone have permanent saito scan and use saito then you cant be sure if he use wall hack or he really used heat sensor.
    Second thing: Perfect aiming - smart haxors probably dont use the perfect aim locking theyre making that more real by missing a bit.

Conclusion: I think that there is many haxors thats actually hiding not making anything suspicious.
    Ive seen hacker only 2 times. Probably game have fixed security comparing to the state half year ago.

Yes, you’re right. The "clever cheaters" are very difficult or almost impossible to catch. Sad. Only logging and heavy tracking of all possible stats (like in COD for example) could help against those people.
    iiShan
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 780
    edited March 22
    I have so much to say but it would fall on Deaf Ears. What has been said has been many of times. I will says this:
    When a site now giving out hacks (most likely public), you'll notice a LARGE influx of new account/low ranks popping about doing ridiculously well. And before you say "pros with alts" I ran into two blatant speed hackers last week and one a few hours ago. AND NO...they were not using hyper sprint.

This large influx been going on for about erm 2-3 weeks. If you played Online FPS games as long as I have...it tells me all the data I need to know. Patterns are the same every time.
    You have been warned, do as you please.