Scheduled Maintenance - MAR. 31, 2017

LumosNXALumosNXA
First Assault Rep: 16,415
Administrator
edited March 30 in Official News
We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on March 31, 2017 at 7:00 AM Pacific (10:00 AM Eastern, 4:00 PM CEST). We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 3 hours, concluding around 10:00 AM Pacific (1:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 PM CEST).

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

TIME:
Friday, March 31, 2017

Pacific: 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Eastern: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
CEST: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM

Thank you for your patience.

-The First Assault Team

Comments

• LumosNXALumosNXA
    Administrator
    edited March 30
    We'll be implementing some back end improvements.
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,525
    edited March 31
    kewl,
    thank goodness servers went down right after my demo game ended got a fat 2.9k gp from it.
    was that just luck or do you slowly kick people out and wait for them to finish their game. because that would be preferable.
  • dactrondactron
    First Assault Rep: 200
    edited March 31
    I just had to log in and do my first post because of this.
    Who was the dude who thought it would be the best time to do maintenance on friday at these hours ?
    In EU always maintenance during the time i'd like to play after work etc.
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,080
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 31
    dactron wrote: »
    I just had to log in and do my first post because of this.
    Who was the dude who thought it would be the best time to do maintenance on friday at these hours ?
    In EU always maintenance during the time i'd like to play after work etc.

Perhaps this is an emergency maintenance? Also, HW is in California, so there will always be time zone issues, sorry for the inconvenience.
  • codeman02codeman02
    First Assault Rep: 925
    edited March 31
    i think they are fixing server side what they ommited to do with the new lag compensation system, i hope so else i will need to become a lagger too to play this game lol
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    Administrator
    edited March 31
    Maintenance has been extended to 10:30 AM PDT/ 1:30 PM EDT/ 7:30PM CEST.
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 4,040
    Member+
    edited March 31
    Today's stream should start with the Jaws theme.
    Is maintenance done in time or no stream? Dun dun dunnnnn
    porcofon
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    Administrator
    edited March 31
    Back up & running!
    CyBeR_JunkyMidlordVenkman
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 4,740
    Member+
    edited March 31
    Any EU network improvement?
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 4,040
    Member+
    edited March 31
    I've got a tiny update download with it.

Corrected the prices and something else?
  • TarkinTarkin
    First Assault Rep: 2,225
    Member+
    edited March 31
    Lowered legendary and epic items drop ratio. xD
  • codeman02codeman02
    First Assault Rep: 925
    edited April 1
    played after update on european server and it was hilarous to see how the game is fucked up now, on some party i became a Killing god and some other i can hardly get 0.2 kdr loool even shootgun not working at close range and not dealing damage, i was playing with some other old vet and we were all having same problems .

also we got some huge laggers from 200 ms to 4500 ms laggers.
    seriously ADD AN AUTO KICK FOR LAGGERS WITH MORE THAN 100 ms !!!!

also noticed that thoses laggers with 90 ms or up killed us easilly like they dont suffer the lag effect
    so i overcharged my connection to lag and it does what it does , made me a Killing god lol

so the lag compensation is even worse than before for non laggers witch may be 90 percent of players !!!!
    CyBeR_Junky
  • MrDeapMrDeap
    First Assault Rep: 910
    edited April 1
    I don't want to insult anyone, but It almost feel like if the server went back to a tick rate of 32. On spectator the interpolation feel very soap opera whatever the player ping.
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 4,740
    Member+
    edited April 2
    codeman02 wrote: »
    played after update on european server and it was hilarous to see how the game is fucked up now, on some party i became a Killing god and some other i can hardly get 0.2 kdr loool even shootgun not working at close range and not dealing damage, i was playing with some other old vet and we were all having same problems .

also noticed that thoses laggers with 90 ms or up killed us easilly like they dont suffer the lag effect
    so i overcharged my connection to lag and it does what it does , made me a Killing god lol

so the lag compensation is even worse than before for non laggers witch may be 90 percent of players !!!!

Imagine 4 seconds delay, on one monitor you move in real time, but on the second your move is happening 4 seconds later. Some ppl moved it into this game, but the only difference is they see everything in real time, only their move is delayed.
    So..
    Player A is a lagger that have 4 second delay ONLY and caching packets(not sending small portion of data but holding as much data as he can to prevent being kicked and sending cached portion of data) at sending packets to the server, downloading data from server is not delayed
    Player B is a regular player with normal pings

B stays behind the cover, 1 second later A reaches the place he can see and kill B and shots kills him after 2 seconds of aiming.
    At B screen everything is fine hes alive , suddenly 4 seconds later he see that A appeared and A killed him at the same moment just on sight.

Please make algorithm kicking player that is caching outgoing data or discard player data if its delayed more than xx ms?
    And Determine player both pings (outgoing and incoming) if there is difference more than 15% kick from the server.
  • PandarkvadorPandarkvador
    First Assault Rep: 960
    edited April 3

Do you really think that Nexon will approved a kick of 10% of their client (it's your estimation made with wet finger) ?
    It will be better to regroup player by ping and by KDR, instead of level only.
    But yes it's a problem for all, it's very boring to see that you shot a complete load of F2020 bullets in someone and he doesn't take any damage.
  • PrismriverPrismriver
    First Assault Rep: 1,420
    Member+
    edited April 3
    codeman02 wrote: »
    Yup Netcode is broken again...
    Come on Dev.
  • PandarkvadorPandarkvador
    First Assault Rep: 960
    edited April 4
    Yup Netcode is broken again...
    Come on Dev.

For me it's near to be too late, i will going to see on forum one time by week to see if something change, but for now i have uninstall. It's really unplayable and then it's frustated instead of being fun like must be a game.
    CyBeR_Junky
  • ThrashiacThrashiac
    First Assault Rep: 430
    edited April 4
    Last update has completely broken the game.
    1) Constantly being killed behind walls/obstacles (netcode)
    2)Close range combat won't do any damage. Even with shotgun. Everything started to lag a lot.
    3)New revamped map is very laggy. Especially on heavy death-match like assaults.
    4)Constant freezes /FPS drops.
    5)Unplayable at the moment. Even on twitch stream by devs I saw constant lags/ micro freezes. Shame.