New Assault Riffle, New broken gun

LadyAyaLadyAya
First Assault Rep: 725
edited March 30 in General Chat
Hey fellow players :p,
Comparing the new AR riffle the KHX-160 to other assault rifles of the same class, with no attachments on either gun

KHX-160
Dmg 38
Acc 65
Stab 55
ROF 75
Range 22m

Compared to the m4A1 the new KHX is better in all stats except accuracy by -4. Makes me very sad as I am a M4 fan, and it seems with every new gun introduced, the m4 gets out performed.

Compared to the K22 the new AR is better in all aspects except in acc by -11.

Compared to the AK-47 the KHX has a higher ROF by+ 17 and more stab. by+ 16 but does less damage than the AK by 3 and less ACC by 13. The damage can easily be made up by a long-barrel.

Compare to F2020, the new rifle has more damage by +2, more stability +12 and less ROF by -5 and ACC by 11. So, it is pretty much a barely nerfed F2020 in terms of ROF and ACC but not by much but they increased the damage and stability slightly.

By testing the gun in the shooting range, it seems the gun barely spreads to the right and vertically. Even though it has somewhat low acc, it was able to take out targets 55M out easily as using the F2020, it even sounds the same with an attachment -____-.
What are you thoughts and how does your favorite gun compare?
  1. Do you think the New assault riffle is unbalanced?29 votes
    1. Yes
       41% (12 votes)
    2. No
       59% (17 votes)

Comments

• LAMBDA471LAMBDA471
    First Assault Rep: 8,550
    Member+
    edited March 31
    I bought the new weapons and compared to the AK47 and C30 they feel weaker to me.
  • Haree78Haree78
    First Assault Rep: 400
    edited March 31
    LAMBDA471 wrote: »
    I bought the new weapons and compared to the AK47 and C30 they feel weaker to me.

Well that is ridiculous. The KHX is only weaker than the C30 by 2 accuracy. It has 1 higher damage, 4 rate of fire, 5 stability , and it can take a 2001 basic barrel. It is a straight up upgrade.
  • LadyAyaLadyAya
    First Assault Rep: 725
    edited March 31
    When he said they, think he was referring to the c30 and ak 47 were weaker than the khx.
    P4prik4
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,855
    edited March 31
    I took this footage of how easy it is to control the new KHX-160's recoil,
    Granted it's the same for most weapons. Still a lot of control given how much dmg/accuracy &range it has.

http://forums.firstassault.nexon.net/discussion/11340/controlling-recoil-is-too-easy-in-this-game#latest
    SHODANX
  • LAMBDA471LAMBDA471
    Member+
    edited April 2
    LadyAya wrote: »
    When he said they, think he was referring to the c30 and ak 47 were weaker than the khx.

No, the KHX and KA P5W feel weaker than C30 and AK47. Especially the KHX seems harder to control than either C30 or AK47 and it has less accuracy making it bad at long distances.
  • porcofonporcofon
    First Assault Rep: 3,015
    edited April 2

No, the KHX and KA P5W feel weaker than C30 and AK47. Especially the KHX seems harder to control than either C30 or AK47 and it has less accuracy making it bad at long distances.

The KA-P5W is another class, so a comparison with C30 or AK47 seem like comparing apples with goats.
    Since I enjoy playing with F-MAS & AK47 and not having enough GP, I have decided to buy the new smg. The only upgrade that I could afford was the 2511-LB barrel. Played a couple of rounds with it and all I can say is that this gun is fking powerful.
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    edited April 2

I'm not having any issue with controlling it. maybe try using the vertical grip with it, it's a cinch. The C-30 has it's grip built in so you can't compare an unmodded khx with it. The default sight isn't great either.

I just think mosts ARs need a nerf in general and some smgs too.
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 5,225
    Member+
    edited April 2
    Well - that gun is really well balanced, lack of accuracy makes you chose between 40 DMG or keeping accuracy. I personally kept accuracy high by leaving default dmg. And I feel its replacement for my C30, the only thing I cant do is to take down borma with 3 hits, but I dont care - most of the players are playing motokos or saitos.

That weapon has golden mean. I think many players will hate that gun like F2020, but that's more fair than F2020 with guaranteed kill at 80 ROF(3 hits on auto hits to the place you aim)
  • LAMBDA471LAMBDA471
    Member+
    edited April 2
    P4prik4 wrote: »

I'm not having any issue with controlling it. maybe try using the vertical grip with it, it's a cinch. The C-30 has it's grip built in so you can't compare an unmodded khx with it. The default sight isn't great either.

I just think mosts ARs need a nerf in general and some smgs too.

I have all upgrades but magazine and bipod which I will never buy. Money is not a problem for me, but the spread on both new weapons goes right and up when they have no attachments, so on both I installed the horizontal grip so it would only go up. Now it does go only up, but even when tap firing, the crosshair goes all over the place for me. Actually since the update something happened, like it did two times before. One time was when the mouse speed was changed and went crazy in the main menu and the second time was when the gunplay system was changed so people had to stand still when shooting. In both cases it took me about a week or two to adjust. Yesterday I felt like a noob who just played the game for the first time. And I usually end on top each game... but that was before, now I barely even get a positive KDR.
  • AnduAndu
    Member+
    edited April 2
    Yesterday I felt like a noob who just played the game for the first time. And I usually end on top each game... but that was before, now I barely even get a positive KDR.
    Thats not gun, you had netcode issue like Im having sometimes. I m really pissed when im getting situations like you described, but that happens recently more often than 4-5 months ago.
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    edited April 2
    Andu wrote: »
    Well - that gun is really well balanced, lack of accuracy makes you chose between 40 DMG or keeping accuracy.

fyi the barrel that gives you 41 dmg gives you +2 acc. so you don't have to choose since you can get both in one.
  • TamuraTamura
    First Assault Rep: 480
    edited April 2
    I still believe the f2020 is the best gun in the game. It has the range, and firepower, and speed to remain the best. The new guns are good, but they will always come in 2nd place as long as the f2020 remains un-nerfed.
  • Ic0n0clastIc0n0clast
    First Assault Rep: 2,030
    edited April 2
    Tamura wrote: »
    I still believe the f2020 is the best gun in the game. It has the range, and firepower, and speed to remain the best. The new guns are good, but they will always come in 2nd place as long as the f2020 remains un-nerfed.

I'd argue that the new AR is better, simply due to consistency. Sure it has a slower optimal TTK compared to the f2k, but depending on what the actually RoF difference is between 75 and 80 it's probably not far behind. On the flipside you can slap a 50 round drum mag on the new one and with the right setup (+3 damage barrel, CBC-1) you should be able to 3-shot anyone not in nano-gel no matter where you hit them. Legs, chest, or arms it won't matter, it'll be 3-shots to kill. Consistency is a powerful thing, don't underestimate it.
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    edited April 2
    I think in a mode like TC or TDM with a 50 round it might be stronger. There's a lot of time in those modes where having more than 30 ammo helps.

Point is it's still a very strong weapon. while the top tier weapons are all balanced in a sense. I'd rather weapons be balanced on the whole and the power baseline brought down to that of the UMP's level.
    Midlord
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,090
    edited April 3

I used the KHX for some days for testing purposes just to see it myself. I compared it with Seburo C30 and M4A1. The KHX seems(!) slightly less accurate and slightly less stable than both M4A1 and C30. But this is only a disadvantage at longer ranges, except(!) you and your opponent do not aim for the head but for upperbody. In most scenarios the KHX is only slightly superior to C30 but heavily superior in comparison to M4A1. This gun and the other high-ROF ARs definitely needs a nerf. The devs work out a weapon balance, it is unintelligible for me why they bring another OP gun. The KHX is an (upgraded) Seburo C30 M4A1 mix clone, with marginal differences plus even cheaper. The M4A1 now REALLY has no right to exist anymore. :(

I also tested the new UMP clone. This weapon is a heavily upgraded UMP. Outperforms the UMP in EVERY situation.It is not really overpowered, the UMP is just underpowered. The high ROF smgs are still better, except in long ranges. But that it has almost same stats as UMP when it comes to accuracy and stability and plus 10 (TEN - lets speak it together with me Teeeeeeeen) higher rate of fire and ON TOP OF THIS +2 damage (plus two, that makes 35 damage unmodded, lets speak it together THIRTYFIVE DAMAGE UNMODDED plus 10 more ROF than UMP), the UMP has no "right to exist" anymore. Sadly! :( I'm really wondering WHAT the devs are smoking when they think about the stats of a gun they want to introduce. I mean did they even compare it before they release it?

My two favourite weapons M4A1 and UMP are useless now. :(
    iiShanRektified
  • ThrashiacThrashiac
    First Assault Rep: 475
    edited April 5
    Now it does go only up, but even when tap firing, the crosshair goes all over the place for me. Actually since the update something happened, like it did two times before.

Exactly what I've noticed!. None of stability attachment can stabilize cross-hair. It's jumping like crazy machine-gun recoil. Last update screwed the game completely :-(
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,815
    edited April 5
    Veldrin wrote: »

Well...technically, all "Default Guns" in any MMOFPS are meant to "suck". They meant to be a basic over all gun for their type/class, usually being par to slightly below par. To force you to buy/try out new and "better" guns of that type/class.
    It is the invisible hand that guides to to the gun that best fits you and your play style and what value more in a gun. Hell I was stuck with the M4A1 for the longest time, I was more interested in getting all the operatives than getting a new gun (minus the Sniper Rifle...I don't do Default Sniper Rifles I get the one with the highest accuracy/1 hit kill chance at any range).
    P.S. By the time of posting this l I have 1 Ability Socket left on Kuro (EMP) to fully unlock him...once I do then All Operatives have been bought and fully unlocked :D

As for the UMP...got nothing I know its not a default gun, but again...they are forcing you to test and try other guns. You are meant to broaden your horizons, and no always be comfortable with one gun all the time for the rest of your game time.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,090
    edited April 6
    Sky_Cardis wrote: »
    Veldrin wrote: »

Well...technically, all "Default Guns" in any MMOFPS are meant to "suck". They meant to be a basic over all gun for their type/class, usually being par to slightly below par. To force you to buy/try out new and "better" guns of that type/class.
    It is the invisible hand that guides to to the gun that best fits you and your play style and what value more in a gun. Hell I was stuck with the M4A1 for the longest time, I was more interested in getting all the operatives than getting a new gun (minus the Sniper Rifle...I don't do Default Sniper Rifles I get the one with the highest accuracy/1 hit kill chance at any range).
    P.S. By the time of posting this l I have 1 Ability Socket left on Kuro (EMP) to fully unlock him...once I do then All Operatives have been bought and fully unlocked :D

As for the UMP...got nothing I know its not a default gun, but again...they are forcing you to test and try other guns. You are meant to broaden your horizons, and no always be comfortable with one gun all the time for the rest of your game time.

I have almost all SMGs and ARs in this game. I like trying other weapons, but the weapon balancing just is not right. The UMP is a market weapon, no need to make it subpar for any purposes. And the M4A1 is a startet AR, yes. But they could allow beginners to pick one AR they want to begin with when they balance all right, so no need to make a subpar. I like the M4 anyway. It is very stable and very aesthetic. They should make money with skins and stuff and not mess with weapon balance for some psychologic marketing issues.
    P4prik4
  • RektifiedRektified
    First Assault Rep: 1,475
    edited April 21
    In my opinion its another almost flawless high-rof AR that outclass most of the other guns. It feels like a Famas without disadvantages. The high stats of Famas for example got somewhat balanced by slightly disadvantages making it harder to use:

- Low movement accuracy (when you move and then instantly stop and scope in the the first shots gonna be a bit around your crosshair)
    - low hipfire accuracy (this way its still very powerfull at short range but dosent take the strengh of smgs hipfire so you cant use it as smg)
    - 2 shots at once when tapfiring (while the first bullet is mostly on target the second one gonna be randomly near the first one)
    - 25 round mag (this together with twoshot tapfire and high rof make it a bit unrealiable on range and also efforts good ammo management)
    - cause of this Famas is also mostly used to kill enemies with bodyshots and not known as a headshot beast

So while Famas still is very strong its more a high risk high reward gun due to its little flaws. However KHX dosent seem to have any of those flaws. It has only one higher accuracy stat but the moving accuracy and hipfire accuracy feel much higher, almost at the level of K22. But the most ridiculous thing is the guaranteed 3 hit kill with cbc1 on optimal range with 75 rof. Sorry but this is bull****. The former gun with the highest rof you could get a 3 hit kill even from the little finger was scar with only 62 rof. But this also with 75 rof is insane. This makes KHX to the most relialbe gun at optimal range since it dosent even have flaws with hipfire (which again makes almost all smgs pretty useless). Nevertheless its still also not bad on long range. Although it has quite low accuracy the high rof and tight taps of one shot at once equalise it. The only thing that was made good with KHX is the spray pattern which dosent allows you to constantly spray cause the bullets dosent always go up to the right but also sometimes goes with the first few bullets to the left and then to the right. But its still very easy to precisely tapfire it as well as it is very reliable for headshots. Especially the consistent aimpunch from high rof ARs is one of the reason why they are so strong at most ranges.

In order to balance high rof ARs devs should take a look at the well balanced S25R and make every high rof AR (maybe except Famas) with more than 71/72 rof(more than c30) to a hybrid which wont be able to use 2511/1511 damage barrel so that those guns still gonna be very good at short range but finally bad on long range. But then again also nerf their hipfire accuracy so that their hipfire gonna be inferior to smgs. Then probably c30 gets again the "best" gun but I could live with that. c30 is so popular cause its good in most situations but the reason why I dont feel c30 is OP is cause its not the best choice for every range, its only good but neither the best or second best so its more a allround gun. Also c30 is the most expensive gun and the one from the anime so there shouldnt be any overall stronger gun (but KHX and f2020 atm seem much stronger).

I completly cant understand why devs cant release guns which actually fit the balancing. Since the release of P90 the new guns where either OP or utter garbage (P90 is strong and pure spray and pray smg, f2020 is stupidly OP, KHX is very very strong, MM200 is worst sniper, PP2000 is not that bad but its range makes it bad, SN5-7 is worst Pistol (even worse than ACR O.o), STA12 is worst shotgun and seo90 is the new worst sniper). Although in other threads is mentioned that the game development should focus other aspects than new guns even the new guns that were released arent well made. If you want to bring new guns then please, take more time for testing and take more looks at the stats; there is no need to release every month a new gun, it makes a lot more sense to release infrequent guns which actually fit the game (rather quality than quantity). The game dosent make much money with guns, they make money with skins so there is no need to introduce with every new patch a new strongest gun cause this game isnt pay to win. But its usefull to have many guns being on the same level so that people actually gonna use many different guns so that they probably buy more skins for more different guns they use. If they were only two guns used (atm f2020 and KHX^^) then only two different skins gonna be bought...
    porcofonIc0n0clast
  • AnduAndu
    Member+
    edited April 21
    P4prik4 wrote: »
    Andu wrote: »
    Well - that gun is really well balanced, lack of accuracy makes you chose between 40 DMG or keeping accuracy.

fyi the barrel that gives you 41 dmg gives you +2 acc. so you don't have to choose since you can get both in one.

Im talking now about aim asist +10% to dmg not about barell, for me DMG barell is there the only option for DMG boost, Aim Asist should give +3 accuracy for better acc performance.