Some buttons don't seem to work

SerPounceSerPounce
First Assault Rep: 310
edited March 31 in Operatives Helping Operatives
Okay I know I can change my button for using my operative's special ability, but when the ability is available to use it shows me the default button to use in order to activate it (and I ignore it). However it says to "press N to skillsync" and I'll press it and nothing seems to happen, or at least I assume nothing does because the message stays up. It's the same with setting the bomb on the on the computer (sorry the game is presently down and I can't remember their proper names), it says to press some button or another, to hold it down, and I do but nothing happens. So am I missing something simple here? Because I don't see any options to change those actions. I hope I'm making sense.

Comments

• VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,225
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 31
    Moving to proper location.

Sounds like there may be an input problem with your keyboard?
  • SerPounceSerPounce
    edited March 31
    Venkman wrote: »
    Moving to proper location.

Sounds like there may be an input problem with your keyboard?

Hmm very strange. I'll try another keyboard that I have buried somewhere and see if that helps.
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited April 3
    That is a total guess, try checking your drivers too just to be sure. Let me know if you are still having the issue so I can pass this along.
    SerPounce
  • SerPounceSerPounce
    edited April 3
    I managed to get it working, but thanks for the suggestions! The main problem is when I change the controls it won't me change them in the secondary field, just the main field. So it took me a while to understand that most of these commands can be triggered by using the interact button, which I had changed. I am currently using mouse and keyboard, I'm a lefty so I can put almost all of my commands on the keypad, and then the mouse for aiming and shooting.

I do have a game controller similar to an X-Box controller. I'd imagine my gameplay will improve with it once I get used to it, assuming I can program it without any problems. It's not an actual X-Box controller and sometimes it can have compatibility issues, but for now I'm still kinda getting a basic feel of the game.

Once again thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited April 4
    Ohhhhh, yea that would make sense as to why you were having some struggles. Glad you were able to figure out what was going on. No problem for the help, though you figured it out on your own! ;)