Are there benefits to unlocking weapon parts?

SerPounceSerPounce
First Assault Rep: 310
edited April 3 in New Recruits
I liked this game almost immediately (despite the occasional complainer, if there's an easy way of putting them on ignore in the middle of combat please let me know haha), and I decided to get some of the DLC's from Steam. I got some weapons, I guess considered among the best in the game from what I've read. So as I ask in the title, is there a benefit to unlocking weapon parts on weapons I probably won't use? Or should I just forget them and just use the (hopefully) top-tier weapons and concentrate on learning how to use them? On a related note, is there a way to sell any of the guns?

Comments

• HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,620
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 4
    You can choose to mute people ingame in the escape menu.
    There is no benefit to unlocking parts/mods for a gun you wont use.
    Atm you cannot sell unwanted weapons, but it still is on the list of the devs.
    SerPounce
  • SerPounceSerPounce
    edited April 4
    Thanks a bunch for the info. I am now slightly less of a n00b. Very lightly. :P
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,255
    edited April 5
    SerPounce wrote: »
    I got some weapons, I guess considered among the best in the game from what I've read. So as I ask in the title, is there a benefit to unlocking weapon parts on weapons I probably won't use? Or should I just forget them and just use the (hopefully) top-tier weapons and concentrate on learning how to use them? On a related note, is there a way to sell any of the guns?

If you have OCD like me and you have to unlock everything on a gun just to unlock it...yes obey your OCD.
    If you do not plan on using that gun then don't waste your time.
    Also the unlocks pro/cons:

Pros:
    Its cheaper then the rest of the Mods

Cons:
    Though Cheaper, not as great as the expensive ones that are already there.
    The mods can ONLY BE USED ON that gun. Modifications do not transfer to other guns.
    Takes time to lock...literal time TP gained is from how long you are in the game match (rewards various also on mode type, being "good" only does a minor factor)
    Have to be using the gun (i.e you have to have it equipped while in match, equipping another gun from your bag stops the "TP gain" for that gun you want to unlock mods for

Overall...waste of time, since there are better guns that have nothing "locked" anyway. Just save up. Send me a PM on your play style and I can see what gun would work best for you.
    SerPounce
  • SerPounceSerPounce
    edited April 5
    I don't have OCD so I'm okay without them hehe. I've already gotten some of the better guns in the game, not sure what my playstyle is yet, though hehe. I want to play every operative and get lots of practice and maybe then I'll have a better sense of what my playstyle may be. Thanks anyway!
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,255
    edited April 6
    I don't have OCD so I'm okay without them hehe. I've already gotten some of the better guns in the game, not sure what my playstyle is yet, though hehe. I want to play every operative and get lots of practice and maybe then I'll have a better sense of what my playstyle may be. Thanks anyway!

Not a problem
    And I was serious about me having OCD, so I did unlock everything because it bugged me.
  • SerPounceSerPounce
    edited April 9
    Sky_Cardis wrote: »

Not a problem
    And I was serious about me having OCD, so I did unlock everything because it bugged me.

The struggle is real, I may not have it myself but I can definitely relate.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 2,140
    edited April 9
    Hakurei wrote: »
    You can choose to mute people ingame in the escape menu.
    There is no benefit to unlocking parts/mods for a gun you wont use.

Plans to sell operatives, too? I don't want to see that Saito in my account lol.

• HawkdancerHawkdancer
    First Assault Rep: 530
    edited May 15
    Valdin can we sale the ops we have ?
  • porcofonporcofon
    First Assault Rep: 1,785
    edited May 16
    Hawkdancer wrote: »
    Valdin can we sale the ops we have ?

For the moment you can not sell anything but duplicate cosmetics but
    Hakurei wrote: »