Comments

• KusanagILoveRKusanagILoveR
    First Assault Rep: 1,665
    edited April 7
    Wow, nice news. Any confirmations yet?!
  • UrODelAUrODelA
    First Assault Rep: 3,300
    edited April 7
    well, Production I.G. isn't very precice about the details ^^ ...it could be a movie, a new season or something else...at least they stay 'animated' ^^

8kWCZWS.jpg
    Einhander2501KusanagILoveR
  • CybernautCybernaut
    First Assault Rep: 990
    edited April 7
    This is great news! It seems legit, it's being reported all over. Anime News Network has a piece on it, too.

I'm surprised (but happy) to see Shinji Aramaki involved. Maybe he's taking a break from doing stuff at Sola Digital Arts? It doesn't look like they've had anything in the works since 2014's Appleseed Alpha.

Edit: Here's the news from Production I.G. themselves. Doesn't really say much, but it is confirmation.

Einhander2501
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 6,955
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 10
    Super hyped, I just hope it is more traditional GITS than ARISE, wasn't much of a fan of that version, sorry to people who liked it.
    UrODelACybernaut
  • Einhander2501Einhander2501
    First Assault Rep: 545
    edited April 10
    its understandable for those that didn't like arise. im super hyped too. Kamiyama Kenji is finaly bringing it back and Aramaki Shinji who directed AppleSeed! is gonna direct the new GITS how would anyone not be hyped for that!?
    Venkman
  • CybernautCybernaut
    edited April 10
    Venkman wrote: »
    Super hyped, I just hope it is more traditional GITS than ARISE, wasn't much of a fan of that version, sorry to people who liked it.
    I wasn't thrilled with Arise when I first saw it, but I've just watched it again. I enjoyed it this time. Watching it soon after the live action movie made me appreciate it much more.

Like most people, I'm hoping this new one is more Stand Alone Complex, or something very similar to that.
    Einhander2501Venkman
  • Einhander2501Einhander2501
    First Assault Rep: 545
    edited April 10
    when i saw arise the first time it felt like it was all made as a fan made movie. it was interesting at the same time especially arise the movie and it suprised me from the ending scene while thinking it follows from the 1995 original after all. and who knows what the other creator and director will be developing for this next concept,visual and story. do you guys think there will be new think tank names? Section 9 getting new weapons and more cyber enhanced ability? who knows while we have to wait and see more new update later this year. not only a new series but i would love to see a new movie as a follow up to the new GITS series as well.
  • CybernautCybernaut
    edited April 11
    I really just want a good, thought provoking story. The tech itself is fun, but I don't think that's what made SAC, or GITS in general, so good.

Given how much CGI Shinji Aramaki has done the past few years, I can't help but wonder if that's the direction they're going. I'm a big fan of Aramaki's CGI films, but I'd rather see a ''normal" animated series with this.

Einhander2501Midlord