Weapon's Recoil Case Study

Sash0Sash0
First Assault Rep: 1,435
Posts: 47
Member
edited April 13 in Game Guides
Hello guys and gals operatives,

This is my guide about weapon's recoil measure. In case you would like to know how your weapons perform with different attachments.

Keep in mind the video has been created at build before Apr 13. 2017 maintenance.

ChampsIIMortalisAstur76PlayBoyMan

Comments

  • Telésforo441Telésforo441
    First Assault Rep: 440
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited April 22
    Hi
    I have been doing the same thing, but with all the weapons and all the possible configurations of stability. My tier list 2.0 (much of it) is based on it (for example, the p90 is an extremely active weapon but its firing pattern is ridiculous).

    I have a lot of data on this but can be summarized in the following.

    Apparently what makes the f2020 a Beast are not precisely their stats. It's your firing pattern (it's similar to a T which makes the first shots hit the target) plus its killing power with three shots.


    I have also concluded that all objects that "help" stability do not work as they should. The change is very little and the firing pattern is maintained. I have even chosen to remove all stability objects from my weapons.
    PlayBoyMan
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,745
    Posts: 510
    Member
    edited April 24
    THE RECOIL DOES NOT CHANGE WITH THE SCOPE.
    c455Fwb.png
    Some scopes are placed closer on the weapon's sight rail than others, so it appears as though there's more kick back but there isn't

    I did post that touches on this. It discusses how the 3.4 scopes have a nauseating affect. rattles more because they are so close to the viewer window.

    http://forums.firstassault.nexon.net/discussion/5552/improvements-to-sights

    having a 3.4 sight should be a big reason to opt for the ARs over the smgs, but that is not at all the case currently.
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,745
    Posts: 510
    Member
    edited April 24
    But ya, weapon recoil pattern is a big part of what makes a weapon top tier or not. Unfortunately this does not seem to be taken very much into consideration when balancing weapons.
    And no information is provided for this apart from testing in shooting range.
    recoil pattern should also vary between when hipfiring and ADS. The fact that it does not vary causes some weapons to be better than others when hipfiring, thus giving them an unfair advantage.
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 4,825
    Posts: 1,141
    Member+
    edited April 26
    Well about year ago I was testing K22 on Seburo HD25 and then changed to Seburo RS - guess what - on seburo HD even on Shoting range I was unable to take down farthest enemies with quick burst -3 hits, because on ADS seems jumping more, but it isnt.

    I will explain to you - Seburo RS is 1,4 or something, you see everything 1,4 bigger, now get Seburo HD25 and you see everything 3,4 bigger. On HD25 you see only small part of the area you see at RS so it looks like on HD everything jumps higher, and you cant controll it easily like on RS because handling on every sight is the same, but the difference is on the zoomed size of the seeking area.

    About shaking Quick point - yes its because sight is close to the eye, same to KHI 2.0 etc.

    For me the most important thing in sight is that casing should not cover too much space - sometimes because of large casing I can miss few enemies (especially the closest ones)
  • Sash0Sash0
    First Assault Rep: 1,435
    Posts: 47
    Member
    edited May 4
    Didn't know this topic would become interesting for other players. :)
    P4prik4 wrote:
    THE RECOIL DOES NOT CHANGE WITH THE SCOPE.

    Yes, you are right, it doesn't. Unfortunately I used wrong expression in my narration. All I wanted to point out, is that some scopes does have better reticles than others. And visually are more pleasant to aim.
    P4prik4 wrote:
    recoil pattern should also vary between when hipfiring and ADS.

    Definitely. I guess not having differences, make sense only to make you choose between AFG-7 in order to reduce vertical recoil in both hip/ads or SSE5 in order to reduce both vertical and horizontal recoil for ADS only.
    Andu wrote:
    For me the most important thing in sight is that casing should not cover too much space - sometimes because of large casing I can miss few enemies (especially the closest ones)

    I am agree with this. That's why most of the players selecting Reflex Open x1 or any other open not magnified scope with slight shape. Like the one FM RDS on F2020 is an example for great vision.





  • MrWrongMrWrong
    First Assault Rep: 415
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited May 11
    There is maybe 10-15 players who can use full auto in this game. Game stutters, lag, sound is off and so much more ...
    Best way is to tap or burst and for KHX best (in game) grip is AFG-7. I first use APG-3 and it sucks. In CQC you can't use your weapon and it sucks in ADS to. There is difference in shooting range and in game.
    Nice one SashO but until they fix this game there is no point to try to understand it. Like today. I can't find post for maintenance but ... hire it is.

    And i can't understand how they compensate something like this : i play with lowest FOV 65 and i move so slow and all players around me but when i move slider to i think 105 is max all are moving so fast. So let say you play fast game and i play slow game= in the same time against each other?
    How they manage to do that?
    Is there someone wise to explain it to me?
    Cheers
    Sash0
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 3,660
    Posts: 420
    Member
    edited May 11
    The FOV option impacts the look and feel of the pacing in the game or do you mean you have a weird bug? I did not fiddle much with the FOV but recently i thought the game seems slower and maybe i changed the FOV before, but i don’t remember correctly.

  • MrWrongMrWrong
    First Assault Rep: 415
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited May 12
    @Veldrin
    Just try it in game. With low FOV game is slow. It should not work that way. How they (server) can calculate 105 and 65 FOV speed and let say 105 FOV and Paz and with 5 chips for fast run against 65 FOV Saito with no chips at all? That is why i can't see Paz on my scan and so on... And how do they compensate my ( Saito) rate of fire and yours (Paz) ? Is that why hitbox doesn't work sometimes when i hit someone 20+ times and no damage? To much questions there...
    SpitefulSpirit
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 3,660
    Posts: 420
    Member
    edited May 12
    @MrWrong
    Tried it recently. I tried the lowest and highest FOV. And it indeed felt like you mentioned. I put it back to 90 (standard) because of that.

  • porcofonporcofon
    First Assault Rep: 2,870
    Posts: 341
    Member
    edited May 12
    I play with FOV 100 but I tried 70, 90 & 105 just to prove what you claim. At 70 I got the sensation that I was high or something. The fps increased from 90 to 140. 90 feels ok but too slow for me. fps drops 120. 105 is way too fast, even it increased 5 over my usual setting. fps drops @ 60.
    However, after what Disrespect said about game changes that will occur, I'm afraid that this will become a small problem.
  • Sash0Sash0
    First Assault Rep: 1,435
    Posts: 47
    Member
    edited May 26
    MrWrong wrote: »
    And i can't understand how they compensate something like this : i play with lowest FOV 65 and i move so slow and all players around me but when i move slider to i think 105 is max all are moving so fast. So let say you play fast game and i play slow game= in the same time against each other?
    How they manage to do that?
    Is there someone wise to explain it to me?
    Cheers

    Hm... that's sounds interesting. Nice catch MrWrong. Haven't think about this to check, since I am playing always with higher FOV a 100 or so.

    Well unfortunately few months ago I stopped play the game but the weird performance of the game. I hope with that big changes they have plan such stuff to be fixed.
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 4,135
    Posts: 774
    Member+
    edited May 26
    It's just a sensation from the angle of vision. With low fov your view is cut when the edges are some distance ahead, a lower angle of line of sight to wall. At 105 that angle is bigger, the edges are closer and to the sides. Get in a car. 65 field of view look 45º to the right. Then 105 would be looking80º to the right. Notice how the more you turn your head the faster you feel the car is moving. It's just that, a matter of perspective. Both are moving the same speed, just with one it feels faster than with the other.
  • MrWrongMrWrong
    First Assault Rep: 415
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited June 7
    Midlord wrote: »
    It's just a sensation from the angle of vision. With low fov your view is cut when the edges are some distance ahead, a lower angle of line of sight to wall. At 105 that angle is bigger, the edges are closer and to the sides. Get in a car. 65 field of view look 45º to the right. Then 105 would be looking80º to the right. Notice how the more you turn your head the faster you feel the car is moving. It's just that, a matter of perspective. Both are moving the same speed, just with one it feels faster than with the other.

    Mate, if you are in car and you looking at 1km from you everything is slow ( that should be 105 FOV) but if you watch something at 10m distance everything is fast ( in game 65 FOV). So it should be like that and in CS GO it is like that. When you set resolution to 4:3 game looks faster.
    But this is just FOV.
    End they will change the game so no worries ;)
    Cheers