Question about magazines and movement speed

SerPounceSerPounce
First Assault Rep: 310
edited April 15 in New Recruits
Is my movement speed always affected by the dual/drum magazine or does it just slow me down when I change them? Unless I stack up on Agile Step I feel like my operative runs too slow as is, but before I upgrade to a drum or dual mag on a certain weapon I want to understand correctly what it affects and take it into consideration. I'm pretty sure it means it always affects it (if I have one of them equipped on the weapon I'm using) but I'm hoping otherwise. :P

Comments

• HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,630
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 16
    Iirc the extra weight (movementspeed penalty) is only applied if you have it active. Ex. knife movementspeed will not be affected by the extra weight on your primary weapon.
    SerPounceVenkman
  • SerPounceSerPounce
    First Assault Rep: 310
    edited April 16
    Ah so that explains why people swap weapons as they're running around, I was wondering about that. Thanks!
  • SAMMOTOKOSAMMOTOKO
    First Assault Rep: 645
    edited May 12
    Weapon attachments like barrels, extra magazines, aim assist, bipods all add up to how you movement speed is affected. So if say you have like a C-30 with the 2511-lb barrel, and the red laser aim assist, and a dual mag I believe all those together will roughly reduce you movement speed by -7. I also use Motoko so I have like 3 agile step chips and I do notice the movement speed loss. So Choice your attachments wisely also
    SerPounce