Ishikawa sentry laser removal chip

SteveDinoSteveDino
First Assault Rep: 1,755
Member+
edited April 20 in Suggestions and Feedback
I just think it would be nice to have a chip that removes the sentry's laser pointer. The laser only helps opponents recognise a sentry has been planted before they round a corner, a chip that would remove the laser would be great for surprising them.
iiShanAnduporcofonTylerC

Comments

• iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,720
    edited April 20
    Or maybe even make it look like a friendly laser to trick other players?
    >:)
  • PandarkvadorPandarkvador
    First Assault Rep: 965
    edited April 21
    No thanks, we already have a problem with some combination of Motoko chips we don't need another OP chip. Or after we will have a chip that remove the drone on the mini map, another who make the barrier invisible and some others for all others operators. The best source of kill must be the skills and the weapons, perks must remained useful but secondary .
    Bittah_CommanderVeldrin
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 4,805
    Member+
    edited April 21
    Yeah I asked for that 1,5 year ago Seeing laser of sentry is totally pointless. You see the thread so you are avoiding or tossing nade.
    iiShan
  • xochildxochild
    First Assault Rep: 3,725
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 28
    It's a good suggestion, but, I'd personally think that should be a basic part of the Sentry itself and shouldn't require a potential fourth Chipset.
  • SteveDinoSteveDino
    First Assault Rep: 1,755
    Member+
    edited April 30
    xochild wrote: »
    It's a good suggestion, but, I'd personally think that should be a basic part of the Sentry itself and shouldn't require a potential fourth Chipset.

I agree, but I figured doing away with it completely wouldn't go over with people so well.
  • TylerCTylerC
    First Assault Rep: 2,810
    edited May 1
    A sentry turret in the gits universe really doesn't need the laser. It is already annoying for it to show up in the enemy minimap if my memory doesnt fail me.
  • hotmatrixxhotmatrixx
    First Assault Rep: 1,470
    edited May 11
    The laser is there for game balance. the turret is meant less as a Death Machine, and more as an Area Denial. The Laser lets people know it's there so they are hesitant to rush that corner. As ishi you should be setting it up so that you can flank your own turret to abuse this fact.
    Venkmanporcofon