Shotguns?

angelcfnaangelcfna
First Assault Rep: 100
edited April 20 in General Chat
What's the deal with them? A normal shotgun doesn't have the range of a rifle.

In this game you can literally be standing on one side (port TD as example) and kill someone who's on the other side with 1 single shot.
I mean, the damage I get it, it's a shotgun...but the range? Please find a shotgun that can kill someone in 1 shot who's 150 feet away.

Comments

• iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,800
    edited April 20
    I've never seen that happen. Ever. I've seen some mid-range 1hk's but never a long range burst. I even thought that the spray ends at a certain range. Maybe you just got killed by unlucky coincidence and the spray lined up perfectly for a 1hk at that range? Also which shotgun did that?
  • Ic0n0clastIc0n0clast
    First Assault Rep: 2,030
    edited April 20
    angelcfna wrote: »
    What's the deal with them? A normal shotgun doesn't have the range of a rifle.

In this game you can literally be standing on one side (port TD as example) and kill someone who's on the other side with 1 single shot.
    I mean, the damage I get it, it's a shotgun...but the range? Please find a shotgun that can kill someone in 1 shot who's 150 feet away.

Your average shotgun in real life (depending on the type of shot and the length/choke of the barrel) is definitively lethal up to at least 40 yards, if not more. That's 120 feet if you're wondering.

That said you probably either got hit by an extremely lucky shot or lag played a factor.
  • PierreTombalePierreTombale
    First Assault Rep: 800
    edited April 20
    The range in this game have no sense, AR can kill you at over 60 meters (range is normally at 20/25) i have kill some players with shotgun at a range where i can't ! Me too, i have felt like a no sense kill !
    Or they do a true range on their weapons or they must remove this stat !
    When you are sniper it's annoying to be killed at over 60 meters by an AR with 1 or 2 bullets ! (Distric Ruins TC)
    ho1y
  • Bittah_CommanderBittah_Commander
    First Assault Rep: 1,870
    edited April 22
    Shotguns actually do no damage at all after a certain range (their range is currently actually so low for them to ever be more effective than an SMG), so it's actually impossible for you to have gotten killed from the other side of the map on port. What's more likely to have happened is that someone with a shotgun snuck up on you and killed you at close range, then got killed himself, respawned on the other side of the map and your camera then jumped to him afterwards, giving you the impression he fired from there.
    Andua81o9f3mv54
  • sayatakagisayatakagi
    First Assault Rep: 1,730
    edited April 21
    The range in this game have no sense, AR can kill you at over 60 meters (range is normally at 20/25) i have kill some players with shotgun at a range where i can't ! Me too, i have felt like a no sense kill !
    Or they do a true range on their weapons or they must remove this stat !
    When you are sniper it's annoying to be killed at over 60 meters by an AR with 1 or 2 bullets ! (Distric Ruins TC)

that's what u get for sniping in terminal conquest and if assualt rifles wouldn't reach you then only sniper could kill sniper and it's overpowered already with one shot kill in limbs. but i hope they nerf f2020 and khx-160, khx base stats without upgrading has the same stats as a fully upgraded c30 what i would call a nicely balanced rifle it's really ridiculous... lol

this game atm 50% in the lobby uses khx-160 25% f2020 15%sniper 10% variety of weapons.
    60-70% motoko 20%borma 20-10% other operatives.

''FUN''
    Bittah_Commander
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 5,225
    Member+
    edited April 21
    Dont even bother comenting that thread - check at his post count:... 1
    this guy just wanted to troll everybody who use shotguns by creating fake impression like shotguns are powerfull weapon now in game.
    Im sure he didnt even played shotgun or played like 5 mins, and he dont realise how hard is to play that weapon.

For the record. Shotguns are unplayable, because of accuracy issues, because of too short range and currently every single weapon type are > than shotguns, shotgun player can be wiped out like in 1 second, but Shotgun player have ONE i repeat only ONE chance to take down enemy that is aware his presence. The only purpose for shotgun is sneak killing from behind for now, otherwise shotgun player lose in 90% cases.

/me discarding that thread.
    Bittah_CommanderiiShan
  • angelcfnaangelcfna
    First Assault Rep: 100
    edited April 21
    Andu wrote: »
    Dont even bother comenting that thread - check at his post count:... 1
    this guy just wanted to troll everybody who use shotguns by creating fake impression like shotguns are powerfull weapon now in game.
    Im sure he didnt even played shotgun or played like 5 mins, and he dont realise how hard is to play that weapon.

For the record. Shotguns are unplayable, because of accuracy issues, because of too short range and currently every single weapon type are > than shotguns, shotgun player can be wiped out like in 1 second, but Shotgun player have ONE i repeat only ONE chance to take down enemy that is aware his presence. The only purpose for shotgun is sneak killing from behind for now, otherwise shotgun player lose in 90% cases.

/me discarding that thread.

Oh, I'm sorry. I just never used forum for this game before. Maybe you should go check another game's forum where I have more than 4,000 posts >.>
    And it's not a troll, it happened a few times on port where I get out of base and get 1hk from a shotgun from a guy standing on the container on the other side of the map.
    Happened 1 time? I'd give it luck, but when it happens almost every game, it gotta be something wrong with the gun.
  • AnduAndu
    Member+
    edited April 22
    Youre just newbie or you find pro shotgun player and thats it. As I was shotgun player 6 months ago now as non shotgun player I dont have any problems with any shotgun player they mostly die if I have situations with them face 2 face, but if he gets behind me he mostly won.

So that Im telling you objective truth shotguns are now broken and very hard to use.
    If you want to prove something bring here videos thats proving your words, otherwise thats only empty words.
  • Bittah_CommanderBittah_Commander
    First Assault Rep: 1,870
    edited April 22
    It's simply not possible to damage someone on the other side of the map with a shotgun (let alone kill). I suggest you try playing with q shotgun yourself for a while and then see if you'll still call it overpowered.

Shotguns truly are the least effective weapon class in the game right now and I say that as someone who's actually able to make a decent number of kills with them.
    Andu
  • AnduAndu
    Member+
    edited April 22
    My last vid with shotgun usage is from November 2016:

then I tried for a month to play with shotguns but I hardly reached 2nd or 3rd place with 1,2 KDR max The nerf did it useless and I gave up playing with shotguns.