M4 spread

RektifiedRektified
First Assault Rep: 1,160
edited April 21 in Bug Reporting
I dont actually know whether its a bug or a intended nerf but after update I detected some differences in accuracy/performance of M4A1. When I tapfire very fast without moving at a single target then after the first few bullets the gun starts to loose accuracy completly and the bullets spread widely all around the target. When I tapfire very slow then nothing like this happens, every bullet is quite accurate then. But this just happens with M4, other guns seem to work the same way as before. If its necessary I can also try to record this.

Edit: Video:
Veldrin

Comments

• HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,915
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 22
    I just now saw people talking about weird accuracy with the M4A1 on Discord as well.
    Thanks for the video, im forwarding this!
  • porcofonporcofon
    First Assault Rep: 2,295
    edited April 23
    Friday night I in a "nostalgic" mood for the M4A1. Initially, I supposed that long time no play with this gun gives me the strange feeling about bullets spreading, so I've entered the shooting range for some tests. First two loads are fired from standing position, next three by crouching.

Veldrin
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 2,275
    edited April 24
    I experienced the same. And maybe this can happen with AK47 as well – A player ingame told me that. I need to try that myself first to confirm it, but i can definitely confirm that bug for the M4A1. I recognized it after two days i wondering why i suck that hard with ONLY this gun. I even got insulted for playing bad – from a KHX player hahaha. Next match i tried the K22 and the bug was gone, what is that? Before that bug i was able to hit heads perfectly even without scope, when i focus and do not have a bad day :/

• VeldrinVeldrin
    edited April 24
    Rektified wrote: »
    I dont actually know whether its a bug or a intended nerf but after update I detected some differences in accuracy/performance of M4A1. When I tapfire very fast without moving at a single target then after the first few bullets the gun starts to loose accuracy completly and the bullets spread widely all around the target. When I tapfire very slow then nothing like this happens, every bullet is quite accurate then. But this just happens with M4, other guns seem to work the same way as before. If its necessary I can also try to record this.

A nerf of the M4A1 would be really ridiculous. That is like when they now buff the Motoko, Borma and Saito because Maven, Kuro and Paz are way to overpowered LOL.
    Rektified
  • RektifiedRektified
    edited April 24
    Veldrin wrote: »

A nerf of the M4A1 would be really ridiculous. That is like when they now buff the Motoko, Borma and Saito because Maven, Kuro and Paz are way to overpowered LOL.

Sure this isnt likely but since they introduced f2020, KHX and a gambling system you can expect almost everything^^
    Already see those operative buffs as well as f2020 and KHX buffs incomming :P
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited April 24

Sure this isnt likely but since they introduced f2020, KHX and a gambling system you can expect almost everything^^
    Already see those operative buffs as well as f2020 and KHX buffs incomming :P

Considering this, yeah everything is possible. We hope the best. Keep speaking out :)
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 4,425
    Member+
    edited May 4

Whaaat? How you have there totally no recoil at K22 and F2020? Smells like hax. Full auto and shot on the same point - How? Its impossible to click that fast (10 clicks/s)
  • noppnopp
    First Assault Rep: 1,580
    edited May 4
    Andu wrote: »
    Whaaat? How you have there totally no recoil at K22 and F2020? Smells like hax. Full auto and shot on the same point - How? Its impossible to click that fast (10 clicks/s)
    You have got to play some clicker games :D
  • ChampsChamps
    First Assault Rep: 2,210
    edited May 4

maybe , this is called a macro ^^
  • AnduAndu
    Member+
    edited May 5
    then macro usage in this game is illegal, I asked about that support.
    @nopp you cant click 10 times per second its physically impossible to click all the time and both controll the mouse great to aim somebody, even if you somehow could to click 10 times per second then your mouse wont stay in the same place.
    https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/28465466/
    I can click up to 8 times per second but my mouse moves when I click, If I hold mouse by left hand and click right hand I can go up to 12 but mouse flies like crazy.
    porcofon
  • RektifiedRektified
    edited May 5
    @ Andu and Champs

You guys are kidding?....
    First of all I m not shooting full auto as you can hear it in the video, otherwise f2020 would be much faster. Then again I m also not that fast clicking. Maybe 4-7 clicks per second but not really more. For sure I m also not using any kind of macro. I m just used to tapfire. If your mouse goes crazy when fast clicking then you probably have a bad mouse. Atm I use a logitech g500s which with 128g is a quite heavy big mouse. With this mouse fast clicking has almost completly no impact on my curser movement so I can click quite fast and still be able to aim, especially due to the fast recoil recovery while tapfiring.

(Off topic: At this point I want to recomend not buying the mouse I use: I have read in many threads concerning the g500s that the build in avago adns 9808 sensor still has random positive and negative acceleration, also the sensor is complete garbage. Twice already after few months my sensor got broke and suffered from inputlag issues as well as didnt registered small movements. Furthermore heavy mice arent good for any fps cause you need more time to move a heavy mouse. For me its unfortunally too late :c Got used to this mouse, really love the shell and weight so I m unable to use any other lightweight mouse for now...)
  • porcofonporcofon
    edited May 5
    @ Andu and Champs

First of all I m not shooting full auto as you can hear it in the video, otherwise f2020 would be much faster. Then again I m also not that fast clicking. Maybe 4-7 clicks per second but not really more. For sure I m also not using any kind of macro. I m just used to tapfire. If your mouse goes crazy when fast clicking then you probably have a bad mouse. Atm I use a logitech g500s which with 128g is a quite heavy big mouse. With this mouse fast clicking has almost completly no impact on my curser movement so I can click quite fast and still be able to aim, especially due to the fast recoil recovery while tapfiring.

(Off topic: At this point I want to recomend not buying the mouse I use: I have read in many threads concerning the g500s that the build in avago adns 9808 sensor still has random positive and negative acceleration, also the sensor is complete garbage. Twice already after few months my sensor got broke and suffered from inputlag issues as well as didnt registered small movements. Furthermore heavy mice arent good for any fps cause you need more time to move a heavy mouse. For me its unfortunally too late :c Got used to this mouse, really love the shell and weight so I m unable to use any other lightweight mouse for now...)

In your video that was not tap firing.

I use a G502 but I'm sure that yourg500s have weight balance option too (Logitech do that with every gaming mouse since G5) so talking about weight issues is out of the question. Not really sure what sensor is used on G500 but can not be worst that the one used on G5, wich is a great mouse for fps despite his age. ;)
  • RektifiedRektified
    edited May 5
    You can clearly distinguish by the guns sound whether a gun is tapfired or full auto. A full auto M4, K22 and f2020 sounds differend then in my vid.
    Also hackusations dosent belong into forums anyway. If you have some problems with my recoil control while taping then please report me to customer support: https://support-firstassault.nexon.net/hc/en-us or use the ingame report function. My IGN is "Rektified"
  • porcofonporcofon
    edited May 5
    You can clearly distinguish by the guns sound whether a gun is tapfired or full auto. A full auto M4, K22 and f2020 sound differend then in my vid.

Exactly. That is not the sound of a tap fire nor the rate. Something is very weird with that video.
    Watch my video and you can clearly see when I'm taping and when my finger stays too long on the left click. I was pretty tired when I made that video but the usual tap fire rating is not 6 clicks/sec
    L.E. for your L.E. I did not hackuse you. Just said that is really weird.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited May 5
    then macro usage in this game is illegal, I asked about that support.
    @nopp you cant click 10 times per second its physically impossible to click all the time and both controll the mouse great to aim somebody, even if you somehow could to click 10 times per second then your mouse wont stay in the same place.
    https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/28465466/
    I can click up to 8 times per second but my mouse moves when I click, If I hold mouse by left hand and click right hand I can go up to 12 but mouse flies like crazy.

Yeah when you try to click faster than 7+ times you mouse moves. And even when not the mouse will move from time to time more or less, its just normal.
    Only with my right hand i managed to get 7 clicks in one second (best score) i dunno the average maybe ~5. when holding mouse with left hand and focusing to click as fast as possible with right hand i managed to get 13 clicks in one second as best score but its hard to reproduce.

When you're ingame you can not click that fast. Its just impossible. And when you have to aim and a moving target it is a macro definitely. Maybe 3-5 clicks per second is normal tapping speed but with interceptions of course.

But rektified's video seems fine. I tap fired not that fast i think in my own video about this m4 spread issue, but i can tapfire that fast like he did if i really want to. in my own video you can see either i tap slowly or when i tap fast i have interceptions from time to time. its just i can not tap fire a whole mag with same tapping speed, i need to focus very hard to do that. i thought this is normal but maybe some people do not have this interceptions since they have better muscle control than i have. its like my muscles need a cooldown from time to time when i go high speed with them ;)
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited May 5
    @ Andu and Champs

Thats pretty normal (still fast but normal) considering you aiming at one spoint and not moving the mouse and only focus on tapping without other distractions.

Rektified
  • AnduAndu
    Member+
    edited May 6
    I dont agree - its impossible to do that I counted 10 bullets per second in M4 and same to K22, and dont forget that no matter if you tapping or pulling full auto you will have recoil, at your vid there was no recoil at all.
    You have emptied also F2020 mag in less than 3 second which has 30 ammo that gives more than 10 click/second.

In my opinion there is:
    1.recoil correction by macro,
    2.macro pressing lmb
    or
    2a) rapid pressing x2 or x3 button like some mouses have that feature.
    If you have some problems with my recoil control while taping then please report me to customer support: https://support-firstassault.nexon.net/hc/en-us or use the ingame report function
    ok, Im saying recoil at your vid seems not to be legit, I will ask support that do they think about that.

but ok I might be wrong maybe you have supernatural powers to click that fast and keep mouse in same place.

You dont have to be affraid if youre innocent - Im just checking.

To be clear: This is not hackusation. Im just calling how it looks like.
    Champs
  • RektifiedRektified
    edited May 6
    Thats pretty normal (still fast but normal) considering you aiming at one point and not moving the mouse and only focus on tapping without other distractions.

Thanks, thats exactly the point. Also I m quite used to spam continuously tapfire at a single point due to my demolition experience. I have played over 1k demo matches and I really like to prefire at the start of a match on certain chokepoints like mid on dejima, mid on HQ, both chokepoints on station as attacker, and cockpit from mid or sniping spots long b from underneath b on Pss9. There I just spam constantly tapfire at one point where enemies might come trough and whatever reason they really like to ran into my fire.

@ Andu

Do it, you are free to report everything you want. I just dont like this name and shame on forums since when support tells you that I am innocent, then they wont announce this here, they just tell this to you and those hackusations gonna stay in forums no matter I am innocent or not. People gonna read this and still believe that I would use any kind of hacks even after support would have proven my innocence.

When tapfiring your gun indeed has some recoil but this recoil is only the recoil of the second bullet which means that its still quite low and also very linear. On f2020 for example I only need to move my mouse down to the left while tapping. On the video f2020 also seems that fast cause I not only tapped it, I also partly made some 3 shot bursts cause this freakin OP gun does barely has any recoil at the first 3 bullets.
  • AnduAndu
    Member+
    edited May 6
    First of all people will watch your vid and see and have their own opinion about that (no matter what I say here). If I were you I wouldn't post vid with that fast firing because it really looks strange and seems to be impossible, but you have posted and I decided to talk about that.

Im not hackusating you im just curious what support will say about that. For me its suspicious. I just want to clear some questions, and as you can see not only me doubts that everything there is fine. When I get answer I will post it here - probably youre right and Im wrong.

and I write once again Im not hackusating, but something here is wrong in your vid, and Im curious how and if its possible.
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,915
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 6
    Please refrain from "discussing" like this in the future as you ARE in fact insinuating that someone might be using a macro, which is still hackusating/name and shame (im looking especially at @Andu)
    You know very well that that is not allowed on these forums.

Stay on topic now.