just started

HawkdancerHawkdancer
First Assault Rep: 530
edited May 11 in New Recruits
Good Day or Night as the case may be.
I have just started playing this game and as I love the anime show I hope that this game will be fun to play as a game should be.
I noticed that I am having a problem with aiming and shooting before some one kills me usually by half a sec. LOL
any advice on how to increase my firing time so I do not die so fast?
as far as I know I have only managed to kill one person with my weapon and about 5 with grenade.

Comments

• VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,310
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 12
    Welcome to the game and forums @Hawkdancer! We are glad to have you.

There are some buggy issues at the moment, but here are some of my tips to help you get started....

• Crouch while firing (or at least try to get in the habbit) - This will increase your accuracy and more importantly, increase your stability
    • Get in the habit of learning how to tap fire for the weapon you are using - Every weapon is different, so some tap fire techniques may be faster or slower based on the weapon. This is important however so that you can help control the spread of bullets you produce when you fire the weapon.
    • Try and get 2-3 Operatives unlocked, but pay close attention to what they do in game as you play against them to figure out which you would like to use
    • For the most part, the weapons that seem to have the biggest impact during game play are weapons with a high rate of fire, and good stability/accuracy, damage is great but more bullets in the air/down range = more kills. My personal faves are the 249 & the Fmas (aka the freaking lazer)
    • Weapon mods WILL slow your movement speed based on the mod you use as well as how many attachments you put on your weapon - Be very careful as to not overburden yourself, so to speak, so that you don't turn into a snail on the battlefield
    • In my opinion, the best weapon mods to go for are stability - For me, especially since I tap fire and crouch, stability proves more useful. It would seem that my combat techniques help with my aiming, so stability is essentially the icing on the cake to help minimize bullet spread and such. This is particularly important with a high rate of fire weapon. That being said trying to get to 40/50 damage is also important ( I think those were the number breaks you want)
    • Some chips can be permanent, you can see that by the cost for equipping them, others will burn out over time - Basically this will help to teak your play style, some people swear by agile step and the like, I prefer some of the chips that really impact the Operatives ability to the max (cool downs, points, etc.)
    • Choose a weapon that suits your play style, same as your Operative

Have fun!
    P4prik4Hawkdancer
  • HawkdancerHawkdancer
    edited May 12
    thanks I will work on my triger control like you said.
    I am about to get my next op just need 3000 more gp
    Venkman
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,090
    edited May 13
    On some maps like dejima a precise weapon could be very reliable as well. For example the AK47 or the KH417. I tried both and right now i prefer the KH417, because that gun has the khi sights i like and AK not. Those guns are slow, but precise. So if that fits your playstyle this is a suggestion from me, especially for maps with long distances.
    Hawkdancer
  • HawkdancerHawkdancer
    edited May 14
    thank you
    I sort of like playing sniper or I should say I like it but have not exactly done so yet in this game well not with a sniping weapon I did it with the ak but it was in close guraters (ok sorry I can not spell ) I was above a console guarding it. oh I did what you said to do vencman (I hope I got your handle right) I stayed in the crouched position so I was stable and harder to hit due to the wall I just verily could shoot over and was cloaked. in that mission made 10 kills but most of them where with granaides
    I have another quistion now
    how do I call a thank tank?
    oh I noticed a little while ago that it seems no one has changed their name?
    I changed my thank tanks name from my thank tank to Shadow
    all you have to do is click on the pencil and then come up with a good name please no one take shadow if we all have diffeearnt names for our tanks it would be easier to tell who is there
    Venkmanporcofon
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited May 14
    You activite a think tank (tachikoma) with the same key you syncronise with skills provided from other players. I changed that key, but if i remember correctly the standard key was E. Or maybe you meant how you gain as fast as possible points to spawn a think tank? For this you have to do objectives like for example capturing terminals or destroying enemies’ tachikomas (i think). You get bonus points when you 100% capturing a terminal, but even when you sit a while there your points raise. When you have enough points the user interface shows that and you can press the key to spawn your own tachikoma!
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,310
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 15
    Nice work Hawkdancer! Keep it up! And of course keep having fun!
  • porcofonporcofon
    First Assault Rep: 2,995
    edited May 16
    @Hawkdancer: you are just like my daughter. She asks the same questions, so feel free to ask whenever u have a doubt.
    My advice: 1. Choose your gun proper to your action. Meaning that you choose an SMG for rush or AR for just assault, SR for camp (or some strategies... I don't play SR). The point is to choose the right weapon for what strategy u wanna apply.
    2. Look at your teammates. Try to help if they are already in front of you by backfire.
    3. Keep the aim in the middle of the screen. Headshots are easiest to do from that position.
    4. watch the minimap and nade the spot where you see most enemies.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited May 16
    When an enemy heat sensor activation warning appears stay close (but not too close) to your teammates – or use motoko’s camo skill if you play her.