SPAWN IS WORSE THEN COD

JoeSchmoeJoeSchmoe
First Assault Rep: 410
edited May 17 in Suggestions and Feedback
Geez id like to be able to play a game where i dont spawn in the middle of 5 enemies.... the spawn points killed this game for me. I dont buy call of duty anymore since the first black ops .... yea it took me that long to realize they were never going to fix the spawn points. Spawning in the middle of a room with no cover while surrounded instantly by multiple enemies is going to kill this game ... my suggestion is to fix it and fast cause i like everything else about this game ... the spawn points are game breaking at this point. I love every aspect of this game but if the spawn points arent fixed i wont play.
SpitefulSpirit
  1. Fix spawn13 votes
    1. yes
       77% (10 votes)
    2. no,i like insta-dying
       23% (3 votes)

Comments

• iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,245
    edited May 17
    Yes, we are all well aware of this and a quick search through the forums will tell you we've been asking for a fix for awhile, as well as people's views on the matter. Thing is, unlike CoD, there's at least spawn protection if you don't fire before you line up your shot for about 3-5 seconds.

Also, semi-biased poll.
    JoeSchmoeporcofonRagnarok013
  • JoeSchmoeJoeSchmoe
    First Assault Rep: 410
    edited May 17
    well if this has been in the forums for a while and nothing fixed then might as well uninstall
  • iiShaniiShan
    edited May 17
    JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    well if this has been in the forums for a while and nothing fixed then might as well uninstall

I mean, that's your choice if it bugs you that much. Honestly, it's not that horrible in my own opinion because I've seen much, MUCH worse spawn setups in games. Hope ya come back when everything is fixed up, there's been testing on a new update coming at some point that supposedly changes a lot of things.
  • USAINBOLTUSAINBOLT
    First Assault Rep: 1,430
    edited May 17
    things getting fixed depends on whether volunteer forum mods happen to read the thread or not, and if they decide to pass the info to devs or not

the korean devs dont read the forums themselves
  • iiShaniiShan
    edited May 17
    USAINBOLT wrote: »
    things getting fixed depends on whether volunteer forum mods happen to read the thread or not, and if they decide to pass the info to devs or not

We also got a few devs that check in every so often.
    It just takes time for these fixes to take effect, and most of their efforts seem to be focused on this update coming.
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,080
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 18
    USAINBOLT wrote: »

We read all the threads, and report back every day, and I personally check the forums several times a day. Things are fixed based on the priority of the DEV team, it has nothing to do with if we read a thread or not. We are not the only people reading the forums, the American DEV team reads it as well. And we (forums mods) certainly have no say on what does and doesn't get fixed.

Again, please refrain from starting false rumors.
    iiShan
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 3,935
    Member+
    edited May 19
    My experience in CSGO is worse. Given random spawns you can't really guarantee it won't happen. I don't say this game has no room to improve it. I've got to be in the worst way it could've happen: I spawned upon spawning enemies. Thinking back to my games in Dejima, which is perhaps the map in which I've had the worst with spawning, walking on spawning enemies seemed a problem that is more often than not my own fault (or my team fault) for not going along with the rest and be spread over the map, so we end negating the map any enemy free spawn point to choose. It's not something I can find a way I or my team could have done anything to improve things when someone spawns right next to where he died. Depending on where killer and dead were, it either means the killer gets killed easily or the guy who got killed get killed for free right away, at times several times in a row. Regarding this one I'd ask to make top priority of spawning not to reappear in the closest spawn point. I rather spawn at another side with enemies and get killed and then again than get killed repeatedly in the same spot by the same enemies.
    iiShan
  • ShinobiFistShinobiFist
    First Assault Rep: 510
    edited May 30
    On Small maps, they should just spawn flip. Because the nonsense in Urban and Port is dumb with the spawn traps. It would make people actually move around.
  • iiShaniiShan
    edited May 30
    On Small maps, they should just spawn flip. Because the nonsense in Urban and Port is dumb with the spawn traps. It would make people actually move around.

Urban is one thing, but to Port's defense you can break out of an enemy spawn camp and retaliate if you know what to do, as well as your allies cooperating.
    porcofon
  • SpitefulSpiritSpitefulSpirit
    First Assault Rep: 755
    edited June 1
    Agreed, spawn system really need some changes, cause it really sad when you just killed 1 enemy and after it, you spotted 4 enemies right there with spawn protect.