Renewal: Weapon Balance Changes

PredictablePredictable
First Assault Rep: 2,015
Administrator
edited July 14 in Patch Notes
Greetings Operatives!

The balance changes made to the weapons listed below are to ensure that each weapon type appropriately fills the role it is meant to perform. Sniper Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols and melee weapons have had their damage increased to maintain their killing power in their respective roles. Machine Guns have had their stability and accuracy reduced in order to further differentiate the Assault class weapons and avoid MGs being direct "upgrades" to Assault Rifles. Sub-machine Guns have had their accuracy increased. Finally, the SC-AR 45 is seeing some love. See below for detailed stat changes:

SNIPER RIFLE CHANGES

L118A
-Damage increased from 108 to 156

M99D
-Damage increased from 112 to 184

MM200
-Damage increased from 108 to 176

SR-V98
-Damage increased from 107 to 154

SEO90
-Damage increased from 77 to 79
-Rate of fire increased from 18 to 33
-Stability increased from 25 to 29
-Accuracy decreased from 67 to 58
-Ammo capacity changed from 5(15)/8(24) to 10(30)/15(54)

SA50
-Damage increased from 107 to 135

CM2010
-Damage increased from 111 to 180

SEBURO SR
-Damage increased from 110 to 178

SHOTGUN CHANGES

870-ICS
-Damage increased from 84 to 112

KSG-G1
-Damage increased from 63 to 88

STA-12S2
-Damage increased from 69 to 107

KNIFE CHANGES

Right Click and Left Click damage values have been increased. Assassination remains a one hit kill.

MACHINEGUN CHANGES

M249-G4
-Stability decreased from 37 to 35
-Accuracy decreased from 43 to 30

MG36-A
-Accuracy decreased from 44 to 31

L86-SEO
-Damage increased from 40 to 42
-Stability decreased from 39 to 36
-Accuracy decreased from 53 to 40

SEBURO MG
-Damage increased from 44 to 46
-Stability decreased from 38 to 36
-Accuracy decreased from 49 to 36

PISTOL CHANGES

SEBURO M5
-Damage increased from 23 to 25

44MAGNUM
-Damage increased from 47 to 51

MATEBA 2006M
-Damage increased from 44 to 48

93-SE

SEO-P226
-Damage increased from 26 to 28

KCZ-85
-Damage increased from 25 to 27

SN 5-7

SUBMACHINE GUN CHANGES

KRIS-SV
-Accuracy decreased from 55 to 53

P-90S1
-Accuracy increased from 44 to 45

UMP-45S1
-Accuracy increased from 59 to 62

DEATHSTALKER EVO
-Damage increase from 27 to 29
-Accuracy increased from 54 to 56

SEBURO C-26A
-Accuracy increased from 52 to 54

ASSAULT RIFLE CHANGES

• SC-AR 45
-Damage increased from 39 to 40
-Accuracy increased from 71 to 73
HakureiJShengKaiAnduDuken13TFCARBONCyBeR_JunkyRicardo_Barreto

Comments

• noppnopp
    First Assault Rep: 1,825
    edited July 14
    KNIFE CHANGES

Right Click and Left Click damage values have been increased. Assassination remains a one hit kill.

To be more specific
    Default knife: 80
    Double Katar: 90
    Double Raptor: 98

Pay to win :S
  • voidInTheShellvoidInTheShell
    First Assault Rep: 750
    edited July 14
    KCZ-85
    -Damage increased from 25 to 17

It should be 27, right?
  • PredictablePredictable
    First Assault Rep: 2,015
    Administrator
    edited July 14
    nopp wrote: »
    KNIFE CHANGES

To be more specific
    Default knife: 80
    Double Katar: 90
    Double Raptor: 98

Pay to win :S

Not sure where you are getting that, but the double Raptor will not be dealing more damage than the Double Katar.
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 4,550
    Member+
    edited July 14
    870-ICS
    -Damage increased from 84 to 112
    STA-12S2
    -Damage increased from 69 to 107

Tell me where to sign ;)
  • Duken13Duken13
    First Assault Rep: 2,290
    edited July 14
    Are there any plans to buff weapons that just aren't being used anymore due to being overshadowed by other options?

I rarely see any S25-Rs, and saw the ACR being used once as a joke.
  • WeilanWeilan
    First Assault Rep: 1,360
    edited July 14
    Duken13 wrote: »
    Are there any plans to buff weapons that just aren't being used anymore due to being overshadowed by other options?

S25 actually felt good in 2.0 when I played it, it was like an SMG for the Assault class. I tried the ACR, but it was still garbage. Besides all ARs save for S25 and maybe FAMAS have become less accurate/stable(both?) and require you to stand still and maybe crouch to shoot.
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,520
    edited July 14

just wanna point out that its important to know whether to ask for buffs to these weapons, or ask for nerfs to the others, even if it means you have to nerf more weapons in so doing.
    establish a basline ttk first and foremost.
    I for one would prefer we bring the other weapons to the level of the sr-25 and ACR.
    Midlord
  • SkeltranSkeltran
    First Assault Rep: 685
    edited July 14
    Hey, why is the KRIS-SV getting a nerf in accuracy when every other gun in the SMG class is getting improved? That seems pretty unfair to the owners of this gun. If KRIS-SV was somehow unfairly accurate then why is the UMP-45S1 going from a higher accuracy than the KRIS_SV to an even higher still accuracy of 62?
  • frogger1056frogger1056
    First Assault Rep: 200
    edited July 15
    Mateba 2006m needs accuracy and range increases. It already suffers from the same long reload and low ROF of the revolver and is not sufficiently better in those regards to justify using it. With the current damage numbers, it looks like revolver can 4 shot body an assault and Mateba can't.

• RektifiedRektified
    First Assault Rep: 1,255
    edited July 15

I m currently using S25-R o:. It has not that strong stats like other ARs but its pretty nice for some quick headshots. Already finished a montage with it: https://youtu.be/a_dcvsqRTd0
    But indeed, a complete weapon rebalancing is really necessary. The differences between guns like ACR and KHX are just too huge. And I also dont get it why they nerf Kris. It was never really good and they want to make it even worse xD.
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 3,935
    Member+
    edited July 15
    These two days I've picked the ACR and am getting some nice runs with it. Though yes, you can tell it's inferior.
    Nerfing is exactly what the Kriss doesn't need for 2.0.
  • KarinexmachinaKarinexmachina
    First Assault Rep: 200
    edited July 16
    Yes the differences are too great. for two guns which are seemingly in the same class, you'd think they would do similar damage, the ACR feels like a bb gun in comparison. Just tickle my enemies to death... the Kriss is actually a great rushing weapon currently. It seems like the KSG has gotten the short end of the buffs.
  • KnightLDRKnightLDR
    First Assault Rep: 800
    edited July 17
    "L118A
    -Damage increased from 108 to 156"

This makes me really sad, for no good reason it seems it's getting the shaft in Renewal, it already has one of the shortest range for a sniper but apparently that extra "1" rate of fire (it has 4 when other bolt action have 3) is enough for it to get 20 damage less then the MM200 for example.

It feel like it's getting nerfed, or more accurately less buffed, compared to other sniper rifles simply because it's the starting one...

Heck decrease the rate of fire and bring it in line with other snipers but up it's damage pls, if it were a semi-automatic the rate of fire would be a big deal but as a bolt action it doesn't mean much anyway.
  • WeilanWeilan
    First Assault Rep: 1,360
    edited July 17
    KnightLDR wrote: »
    "L118A

This makes me really sad, for no good reason it seems it's getting the shaft in Renewal, it already has one of the shortest range for a sniper but apparently that extra "1" rate of fire (it has 4 when other bolt action have 3) is enough for it to get 20 damage less then the MM200 for example.

It feel like it's getting nerfed, or more accurately less buffed, compared to other sniper rifles simply because it's the starting one...

Heck decrease the rate of fire and bring it in line with other snipers but up it's damage pls, if it were a semi-automatic the rate of fire would be a big deal but as a bolt action it doesn't mean much anyway.

150 DMG can kill most if not all of the Infiltrator operatives, I don't see anything bad in that. I don't play as sniper, but knowing hat you can for sure kill 4-5 characters, isn't that still good? I'd hate to know that even the weakest sniper can kill me if I play Infiltrator.
  • KnightLDRKnightLDR
    First Assault Rep: 800
    edited July 17
    Weilan wrote: »
    KnightLDR wrote: »
    "L118A

150 DMG can kill most if not all of the Infiltrator operatives, I don't see anything bad in that. I don't play as sniper, but knowing hat you can for sure kill 4-5 characters, isn't that still good? I'd hate to know that even the weakest sniper can kill me if I play Infiltrator.

Well no, it's not good it means the L118A goes from being able to kill everyone with a well placed shot to killing only a third of the operatives with the same, that"s a good 66% nerf to it's damage.

Granted the idea is to increase TTK to some classes, but the under buff to the L118A is painfully obvious when compared to other snipers.

Also since I have no idea how Armor Points work even some who should die from it based on health alone my walk away from it like Saito.

With 176 + cbc1 = I would be able t o one shot at least twice as many operatives, I see no reason to use the L118A anymore...
  • MissFreeStylMissFreeStyl
    First Assault Rep: 510
    edited July 18
    sorry but i hate this new updates other before was beter i cant find me weapon that i Always use in a match i only can use snipers like that stuff :O wanna have old update back :(
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited July 18
    They buffed the UMP. I can’t trust my eyes.
    UMP-45S1 – Accuracy increased from 59 to 62
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited July 18
    Skeltran wrote: »
    Hey, why is the KRIS-SV getting a nerf in accuracy when every other gun in the SMG class is getting improved? That seems pretty unfair to the owners of this gun. If KRIS-SV was somehow unfairly accurate then why is the UMP-45S1 going from a higher accuracy than the KRIS_SV to an even higher still accuracy of 62?

The UMP has a fire rate about ten points slower than KAPOW plus it deals two points less damage than KAPOW. So it is only fair UMP got buffed at least in accuracy, since it is a .45 ACP slow SMG = pseudo AR

The Kris is still a beast. Less recoil than UMP, higher rate of fire. and precise enough to jump-headhshot-kill people.
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 3,935
    Member+
    edited July 18
    Snipers, I have two things to say:

On one hand and first impressio. Consider the next points: in PTS they were buffed to still one shot any operative, support used only snipers, people complained a lot support could only use snipers because they were too hard and almost nobody would want to play it. So it's decided to go along the need for a second weapon choice to people who mostly used those arguments, when snipers oneshotted. It appears silly to then take their damage down so they don't one shot assaults anymore.

However, on the other hand, among the goals of this update, in addition to make the skills more relevant, so to speak, was to make the game more tactical. As such, a weapon that was meant for long range engagements that one shots and allows enough players to use it aggressively in closer ranges to the point a part of the community called them at one point "the new shotguns", doesn't seem to be a weapon that's successfuly given the role it was meant to fulfill. Taking that damage down so they would only one shot a fraction of the operatives, not all, does serve and go along the goals of the update: on one hand makes the weapon be more of what it should be, a weapon strong for long ranges and weak for short ranges(*), but the fact that it can't one shot some of the operatives means positioning will be more important to use it and more consideration to their usage should be given, forcing snipers to a more tactical play in both ways. Hence, the change is good. And these are the arguments where that nerf from their PTS damage are. The headshot argument is pure BS (speak of the devil, in another thread I just saw the headshot argument stated in a way that's not BS).

What has no doubts is that the SE090 required the reduction of the damage from what it had in PTS, where it could one shot supports and disturbs, which was completely wrong with its high rate of fire.
  • Tekky99Tekky99
    First Assault Rep: 100
    edited July 18
    Man, I am so happy to see arbitrary LMG accuracy nerfs. I'm happy to see that devs STILL don't understand that making a weapon less accurate just makes it impossible to use in a competitive environment.

Why?

Why would you not nerf DPS if that is a concern? If range is a concern, nerf damage at range. You can't go for headshots reliably now, so you just make the weapon less skill based. Stop bloody doing this crap.

M249-G4
    -Accuracy decreased from 43 to 30

Because clearly that was a problem.

When you compare that to something like

• SC-AR 45
    -Damage increased from 39 to 40
    -Accuracy increased from 71 to 73

I'd bet anything with the overall health changes most kills are going to end up as random sprayed headshots, just like other Korean style F2P shooters. Man, won't THAT be a breath of fresh air.