Who is the worst operative and why?

JoeMusashiJoeMusashi
First Assault Rep: 2,330
edited January 13, 2016 in Operatives
When I say worst I mean underpowered. Who is the most underpowered operative ingame.
Sergeant_FalconmushrumdudeArengeTelekiNessShadowsCall
  1. Most underpowered is...126 votes
    1. Saito
       10% (13 votes)
    2. Togusa
       7% (9 votes)
    3. Motoko
       24% (30 votes)
    4. Batou
       6% (8 votes)
    5. Ishikawa
       38% (48 votes)
    6. Paz
       10% (12 votes)
    7. Borma
       5% (6 votes)

Comments

• SrKatanaSrKatana
    First Assault Rep: 980
    In my opinion; Ishikawa. He, unfortunately has a useless turret, I hope the dev fix it.
    About the OP chars, I think nano-gel from Borma needs a nerf in the speed of regeneration.
    Sergeant_FalconmushrumdudeArengeLAMBDA471One_of_Kellys_HeroesShadowsCall
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,455
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 13, 2016
    Ichikawa's turret is in my opinion not that bad for reasons already mentioned in topics about him. It might need tweaking to make it viable outside only camp spot defending (But then it might need a nerf for point defending again.. errr complicated)

Motoko's camo, without the +20% active camo, is a bit on the weak side, but it still can give you some splitseconds of extra reaction time or you are even more lucky when the enemy didnt look in the right corner.

These 2 are however the lower tier ability skills (IMO).

Dave860
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 6,205
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I honestly don't think any of them is the worst, they all serve their purpose. It really depends on how the player uses them, and how the team supports their abilities.

Yes you can say that Ichikawa's turret is a bit squishy, but... when placed correctly, in a corner, or near a wall, etc. where it is hard for the opposing team to get behind it to destroy it, it can be quite powerful and useful, especially on terminal maps.
    BitRunnerISKIFnatiC
  • SapphidiaSapphidia
    First Assault Rep: 1,380
    Ishikawa is very binary. He's either -completely- useless or can single handedly lock down a point. Sadly, it's usually "is there a Batou" that determines this - arm launchers being able to oneshot his turrets will make him worthless. If you're playing Terminal Conquest and there's no Batou on the opposition though Ishikawa is one of the strongest.

in terms of worst overall though, it has to be Motoko. Her skill is really good with green mods to make it harder to see or silence footsteps, but without them it's just flat out too easy to notice and in most cases is a "do nothing" placebo skill.
    VenkmanArengeKusanagILoveR
  • JoeMusashiJoeMusashi
    First Assault Rep: 2,330
    For me it's between Motoko and Ishikawa. However, Ishikawa is useful to some extent on Terminal and Demo. I have yet to see an Ishikawa Turret actually do something borderline useful so Ishikawa wins my vote for most underpowered.
    Arenge
  • ThrashinuvaThrashinuva
    First Assault Rep: 800
    It's definitely between Motoko and Ishikawa for sure, but I hesitate to give that invisibility as the worst grade, since it's given me precious split seconds to outsnipe my enemies.

The turret can gun you down for sure, but it's so easily avoided it's silly. I think I'd say instead of giving it a search laser, just make the entire cone it's FOV and skip the search part of gunning entirely.
  • StarslainStarslain
    First Assault Rep: 400
    Harsh I was really hoping motoko was good
  • GeneauxGeneaux
    First Assault Rep: 720
    edited January 14, 2016
    Meh, one could say Motoko is bad but at least it comes with a skill sync and it can throw off the aim of your opponents in a run-n-gun firefight occasionally.
    Ishikawa, as someone mentioned earlier, is binary. However, he's more often than not in the deep-end. His turret can get flanked quite often, and in the areas the turret has locked down, people may just go the other way, bank some well-placed perpendicular grenade throws off the wall, or wait for their impatient aggressors to advance into their line-of-sight instead. Or the turret might even just get outright decimated by a 'Tier 2' Rocket Launcher by a Batou player who spawned in roughly behind it.
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 4,120
    Member+
    1.Motoko. I have to be completely blind not to see her cammo.
    2. Pazu - He can run - and so what. He dies faster than he runs (run with megatech blade is pointless on group because somebody will kill him after he take down somebody with blade)

Ishikawa isnt worst - if no Batou in oposite team Ishikawa can set trap on demolition and point on Controll. Batou Arm Launcher can 1hit Tachkoma and sentry but it was designed not to one hit kill by arm launcher (I have got few special cyber parts that can one hit kill - so it means it should not kill by one hit.
    Player48105KusanagILoveRPudie
  • darkswrdsmndarkswrdsmn
    First Assault Rep: 1,350
    For me it is a toss up between Motoko and Togusa. Togusa's drones can be shot easily, very rarely go for targets of opportunity like turrets and tachikoma's and are easy enough to run from that they don't do much. Motoko's thermoptic camo could do with a slight buff, hiding from Saito's thermal radar (because it is THERMoptic Camo), but should only be able to be given to 1 or 2 other people so as to not limit the effectiveness of saito's skill.