Similar Games

MasterBOXMasterBOX
First Assault Rep: 310
edited July 22 in Off Topic Discussion
I am just not enjoying Renewal, I was much happier with the game before this new release.

Are there any other games that are similar to 1.0 in any way?
I am looking for that feeling the game had.
It doesn't have to be a free-to-play game.
Just something that feels very similar in gameplay to 1.0

Thank you in advance for any recomendations

Comments

• MasterBOXMasterBOX
    edited July 22
    this game is a clone-hybrid but based on anime series plot.

I know that.. I am looking for games that some of you might suggest that have a similar feel to 1.0
  • GreybearGreybear
    First Assault Rep: 555
    edited July 22

It is one thing to talk about a game and the problems you have with it on Official Forums.

It is completely another to talk about other games, not in comparison to, but instead of.

In the Forums that I have seen this before, I have also seen them remove the accounts making it easier for them to transition to NOT IN THIS GAME ANYMORE.

Might keep that in mind.

• HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,480
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 22
    > moved to off topic
  • MasterBOXMasterBOX
    edited July 22
    Hakurei wrote: »
    > moved to off topic

Sorry about that and thank you.
  • X7factorX7factor
    First Assault Rep: 1,025
    edited July 22
    Do you want the same mechanics or great game play?

in my opinion: Great game play, game performance, more realistic FPS tactics.
    -General and heroes
    -Survivarium
    -Metro Conflict
    -Dirty Bomb
    -Combat Arms :Line of sight
    -Warface
    -Black Squad
    -Sudden Attack 2

Bye bye o_O/
    MasterBOX
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,105
    edited July 23
    Dirty bomb has classes and is more similar to 2.0 than to 1.0 – but still totally different.
    Black Squad is slow paced and more similar to Counter-Strike with some strange arsenal decisions. Its slow and grey (i don't like the artdesign)
    I don't know the other games, but warface seems not similar either, i remember i played it when it was alpha or beta.

I couldn't find an alternative as well. Right now i try to enjoy Counter-Strike again. But it's just not the same.
    I remember someone said demolition mode in GITS is so so slow and people are camping all the time. I played some CS:GO today and i can ensure CS:GO is much much much slower. Even deathmatch mode is PURE tactical proceeding (read camping if you want to).
    I totally forgot how to be patient and play defensively. I expected that, since my last experience with Counter-Strike is several years a go, but i still was surprised about how slow it really was. My memory was transfigured a bit
    So in comparison to CS:GO demolition mode in 1.0 GITS was rather fast paced – and for me it felt fresh and far from generic.

CS:GO teached me some patience again. The first matches i sucked so hard, because i tried to play offensively like in GITS, but of course this didn't turn well and, of course, the first couple of matches i got rekt hard. So i changed my playstyle to more defensively and suddenly my results improved.

So CS:GO is no real alternative for my embosomed GITS 1.0 and especially demolition mode. It was interesting to play more defensively or tactical, but i really miss the action of 1.0 GITS.

If someone has found an similar alternative, please tell us.
    MasterBOXporcofonChobe
  • RektifiedRektified
    First Assault Rep: 1,475
    edited July 23
    The only thing similar to Gits 1.0 in Warface is the TTK. You can onehit hs with ARs and SMGs at optimal range, you onehit with Shotguns in CQC and onehit with SRs always. With bodyshots you need 5-8 rounds but its almost in the same speed cause you shoot your guns full auto most of the time due to easy controlable recoil but you cant tapfire cause tapfire has a lot more recoil than in gits. However an important fact is that you can play pretty agressive in Warface if you were good.

But (differences): The movement is really weird and pretty slow (though with the fastest boots you can still move with a quite ok pace).
    You have 4 classes with different usable weapon types - Assault with ARs and they have ammo boxes, Engeneer with SMGs, they can repair AP, have mines and defuse bombs faster, Medics with SGs can revive and restore HP, Sniper with SRs. Nevertheless they have same HP/AP and same movementspeed.
    You gonna hate sniper cause they can reliably quickscope you on the move and while sliding and their rof with bolt SRs is similar to SA50, not to mention broken autosniper like Garota.
    You dont have many good skins and you dont buy just a skin but a gun that has same stats as without the skin but is a version with skin. Earlier it was partly pay2win (cause the best guns were really rare) however I could still get the best guns of each class with some grinding and 10€. But now they changed the random boxes with best guns that were ealier avaliable with ingame currency to real money only. So now you could indeed call it Pay2Win (but you can still gain more advantage by having higher skill and good unlocked guns so chances are not like ACR vs f2020/KHX, rather M4 vs c30).
    There is some armor that restores both HP and AP over some time.
    Unfortunally Warface is full of mostly russian hacker (its really popular there and so they try out their hacks on EU to not get banned in RU) and the worst part is the netcode. People simply teleport from time to time, some guys you dont get dead no matter how many bullets you pomp into them cause their hitbox is just not there where its displayed for you and you just dont want to play against enemies with red pings, you JUST NO.....

So when I was playing Warface before GITS I had still some fun there but not that much like I had in GITS 1.0 and the feeling is not the same. And due to those issues that were much bigger than in 1.0 I also dont plan to return.
    VeldrinMasterBOXporcofon
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited July 23
    Rektified wrote: »
    The only thing similar to Gits 1.0 in Warface is the TTK. You can onehit hs with ARs and SMGs at optimal range, you onehit with Shotguns in CQC and onehit with SRs always. With bodyshots you need 5-8 rounds but its almost in the same speed cause you shoot your guns full auto most of the time due to easy controlable recoil but you cant tapfire cause tapfire has a lot more recoil than in gits. However an important fact is that you can play pretty agressive in Warface if you were good.

But (differences): The movement is really weird and pretty slow (though with the fastest boots you can still move with a quite ok pace).
    You have 4 classes with different usable weapon types - Assault with ARs and they have ammo boxes, Engeneer with SMGs, they can repair AP, have mines and defuse bombs faster, Medics with SGs can revive and restore HP, Sniper with SRs. Nevertheless they have same HP/AP and same movementspeed.
    You gonna hate sniper cause they can reliably quickscope you on the move and while sliding and their rof with bolt SRs is similar to SA50, not to mention broken autosniper like Garota.
    You dont have many good skins and you dont buy just a skin but a gun that has same stats as without the skin but is a version with skin. Earlier it was partly pay2win (cause the best guns were really rare) however I could still get the best guns of each class with some grinding and 10€. But now they changed the random boxes with best guns that were ealier avaliable with ingame currency to real money only. So now you could indeed call it Pay2Win (but you can still gain more advantage by having higher skill and good unlocked guns so chances are not like ACR vs f2020/KHX, rather M4 vs c30).
    There is some armor that restores both HP and AP over some time.
    Unfortunally Warface is full of mostly russian hacker (its really popular there and so they try out their hacks on EU to not get banned in RU) and the worst part is the netcode. People simply teleport from time to time, some guys you dont get dead no matter how many bullets you pomp into them cause their hitbox is just not there where its displayed for you and you just dont want to play against enemies with red pings, you JUST NO.....

So when I was playing Warface before GITS I had still some fun there but not that much like I had in GITS 1.0 and the feeling is not the same. And due to those issues that were much bigger than in 1.0 I also dont plan to return.

That was quite interesting. I now have an exact picture how this game might feel. I know it sure changed a lot since beta, so its only assuming.

GITS really had its niche, since it seem so hard to find a really similar game – not only in one aspect.
  • X7factorX7factor
    First Assault Rep: 1,025
    edited July 29
    frst choice

Scnd choice

• MasterBOXMasterBOX
    edited August 19
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Dirty bomb has classes and is more similar to 2.0 than to 1.0 – but still totally different.
    Black Squad is slow paced and more similar to Counter-Strike with some strange arsenal decisions. Its slow and grey (i don't like the artdesign)
    I don't know the other games, but warface seems not similar either, i remember i played it when it was alpha or beta.

I couldn't find an alternative as well. Right now i try to enjoy Counter-Strike again. But it's just not the same.
    I remember someone said demolition mode in GITS is so so slow and people are camping all the time. I played some CS:GO today and i can ensure CS:GO is much much much slower. Even deathmatch mode is PURE tactical proceeding (read camping if you want to).
    I totally forgot how to be patient and play defensively. I expected that, since my last experience with Counter-Strike is several years a go, but i still was surprised about how slow it really was. My memory was transfigured a bit
    So in comparison to CS:GO demolition mode in 1.0 GITS was rather fast paced – and for me it felt fresh and far from generic.

CS:GO teached me some patience again. The first matches i sucked so hard, because i tried to play offensively like in GITS, but of course this didn't turn well and, of course, the first couple of matches i got rekt hard. So i changed my playstyle to more defensively and suddenly my results improved.

So CS:GO is no real alternative for my embosomed GITS 1.0 and especially demolition mode. It was interesting to play more defensively or tactical, but i really miss the action of 1.0 GITS.

If someone has found an similar alternative, please tell us.

Sorry I am late coming back and thank you for the response.

I actually started playing CSGO and it;s the only other FPS game I can get into and really enjoy.
    You are correct about the two being complete opposites. I come back once a month or so to see how Ghost is doing hoping the would maybe listen to the masses and change their ways.. but I just keep getting disappointed.

Right now the server is Maxing out at 520 players... that is sad.. this game will crash if they do not go back to they way it was or make some serious changes .

Which sucks.. because nothing was as fun as Ghost 1.0....

Q.Q
  • ChobeChobe
    First Assault Rep: 980
    edited August 27
    Chobe wrote: »
    I don't know if there is a real alternative to First Assault. This game managed to do some things no other did in the past. :) It made me enjoy competitive fps gaming for the first time and made some friends try and like it, that usually avoid most shooters, especially pvp based ones.
    I spent the last weeks jumping through all f2p shooters I could find, because I was very curious, where FA really is positioned. And to be honest.. I found nothing really convincing, that's why I always came back to FA.

- Warface seems pretty good, I'm really curious how much pve content is provided. The amount of pvp modes is great, there is even sth. pretty close to TC, but the hit confirm often feels pretty weird, there is either bad netcode, hackers^^ or a really horrendous equipment advantage, e.g. guys just scratching you with an assault rifle and you're dead, while at the same time they soak up a point-blank shot to the head from your best shotgun and/or sniper rifle. Besides, the weapon sound very mediocre and the FoV is TERRIBLE. It's fixed for eveybody and about 65-70° *coughcough*.

- Black Squad is imho faaaaar away from FA, the only similar detail is imho the great sounding weapons. Besides that, no characters, special abilities just in one game mode and even then, it's very much CoD alike, airstrikes, rockets, heli-support, etc. The game it self feels very much like CS: Jumping, hip-firing, quickscoping-nonsense. :/

- Dirty Bomb is actually the closest I could find, it has characters, special abilities that you use very regularly, sadly the slightly realistic apprach from FA is completely missing, like lack of precision while moving, aim, ironsight, recoil, etc.
    @Rektified: Veeeery interesting what you wrote about Warface, thanks for that. That explains quite some stuff.

@X7factor: Thanks, I've never heard from Metro Conflict.. that looks pretty similar at a first glance. **EDIT** At a second, it's closed, as well as Sudden Attack 2. :/

FA really had its niche.. I can't find any game that is so perfectly placed in between hardcore stuff, where the first 20m of the map take about 5 minutes to pass and the completely crazy stuff where the devs want you to shoot while making a backflip after running backwards along a wall. :(
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited August 27
    It was rektified who come up with the wall of text for warface not me. :)
  • ChobeChobe
    First Assault Rep: 980
    edited August 27
    Uh oh, right. Confused myself with scrolling and reading up and down through the thread. :#