Give me back my weapon!

Saitou_sanSaitou_san
First Assault Rep: 260
edited July 28 in Suggestions and Feedback
Return AR weapons back to all classes!
Infiltrator is really now.
The worst option is to give them shotguns!
Invisible kills you by oneshot from back.
This is a game about cowards and weaklings? Or is it still GITS?
In the GITS there were no restrictions on weapons in the class of the character. You made a big mistake.
You generally watched anime?
Show me! Show me the limitations on the weapon class!
In the anime there are no restrictions on the weapon class even for Saito!
WTF are you doing?
People use those weapons that are more convenient for them to perform specific tasks!
FzeCUS0HMWw.jpg
iNISXMAMLyA.jpg
zc4lnRgItQg.jpg
qqkGl3VYvoE.jpg
oJf5EGdKb-M.jpg
CahWcHa8eNk.jpg
VeldrinmammogramPertevRagnarok013

Comments

• Ragnarok013Ragnarok013
    First Assault Rep: 1,020
    edited July 28
    I think we just need to completely remove the concept of "classes" and their associated restrictions for weapons and grenade types and allow us to use the one destructive and one tactical grenade again. If that happened I could suck it up and deal with the bad UI
  • AdenumAdenum
    First Assault Rep: 1,360
    edited July 28
    I think we just need to completely remove the concept of "classes" and their associated restrictions for weapons and grenade types and allow us to use the one destructive and one tactical grenade again. If that happened I could suck it up and deal with the bad UI

But what if they instead will make UI good but the classes\restrictions will remain?.. :*
  • Saitou_sanSaitou_san
    edited July 29
    It is also necessary to return the old models of enemies. The 9th department can not fight with itself. And the old models were unique for different maps. It was right.
    Ragnarok013Veldrin
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 5,225
    Member+
    edited July 29
    You can still use every single weapon by any classes - the different thing is you have to pick it up from the ground.
  • Ragnarok013Ragnarok013
    edited July 29
    Andu wrote: »
    You can still use every single weapon by any classes - the different thing is you have to pick it up from the ground.

You know darn well that is not what he meant. He means he wants to be able to use his weapon set up for his play style with his operative of choice...you know like we've had for the first two years of this game.
  • Dave1776Dave1776
    First Assault Rep: 890
    edited July 30
    yeah my case I barely even bother to log in any more other then to get my daily and then bail. Sad that they have ruined this game it use to be fun!
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,105
    edited July 31
    Saitou_san wrote: »
    It is also necessary to return the old models of enemies. The 9th department can not fight with itself. And the old models were unique for different maps. It was right.

Also the enemy models of 1.0 solved the problem of different hitbox sizes. Some people complain it's unfair that females are smaller in size and thus harder to hit XD
    Seriously the different enemy models looked nice and fixed this issue.
    Ragnarok013
  • Saitou_sanSaitou_san
    edited August 1
    I very often confuse allies with enemies. Because they look the same. Especially from the back.
    Ragnarok013
  • Dave1776Dave1776
    edited August 4
    my case didn't even bother to load into the game today to get my box so most likely yesterdays box is the last I will collect I gave them time to remove these stupid restrictions and since they haven't I found a new game in initial release that I feel is better even just playing the game just feels better over all!
    Ragnarok013
  • Ragnarok013Ragnarok013
    edited August 5
    Dave1776 wrote: »
    my case didn't even bother to load into the game today to get my box so most likely yesterdays box is the last I will collect I gave them time to remove these stupid restrictions and since they haven't I found a new game in initial release that I feel is better even just playing the game just feels better over all!

@dave1776;38814 what is the new game that you found? I might want to give it a try since GiTS isn't much fun any more.
  • WeilanWeilan
    First Assault Rep: 1,645
    edited August 7

@dave1776;38814 what is the new game that you found? I might want to give it a try since GiTS isn't much fun any more.

Black Squad is the #1 F2P FPS game on Steam now and it has better balance too.
  • AdenumAdenum
    edited August 7
    Weilan wrote: »

Doesn't mean its any good. Tried it for a little, looks like a half assed mod for counter strike. Mod of a mod... Well, can't expect much from a F2P title. At least it runs with no stutter whatsoever but that's pretty much the only good thing about it. It's way too bare bones of a game.

As for balance... Yeah right. A ton of copy pasted guns with minor tweaks that kill you with headshots instantly regardless, #balance. It's like CS 1.6 with like 3 guns being the dominant all around (sniper, m16 and ak), except in Black Squad you don't even need to bother yourself with buying it and those guns comes in like 4-5 flavors each for you to waste your money on.

If this is the best thing on a market then the market is pretty much dead quality vise. Not that that is a surprise with this never ending "In beta, pliz gib moneyz" bullsh*t attitude.
    VeldrinChobe
  • WeilanWeilan
    First Assault Rep: 1,645
    edited August 7
    Adenum wrote: »

Doesn't mean its any good. Tried it for a little, looks like a half assed mod for counter strike. Mod of a mod... Well, can't expect much from a F2P title. At least it runs with no stutter whatsoever but that's pretty much the only good thing about it. It's way too bare bones of a game.

As for balance... Yeah right. A ton of copy pasted guns with minor tweaks that kill you with headshots instantly regardless, #balance. It's like CS 1.6 with like 3 guns being the dominant all around (sniper, m16 and ak), except in Black Squad you don't even need to bother yourself with buying it and those guns comes in like 4-5 flavors each for you to waste your money on.

If this is the best thing on a market then the market is pretty much dead quality vise. Not that that is a surprise with this never ending "In beta, pliz gib moneyz" bullsh*t attitude.

But it's better than that garbage First Assault - it has better balance, good netcode, hitreg and perfomance optimization. Run in a true fullscreen, not in a maximized borderless windows like FA. Doesn't stutter for 20 minutes before you can play it, has no weapon restrictions. There are 12 000 players plating it compared to the 20 players playing Fist Assault.

Haters gonna hate... hate as much as you want, Black Squad is flourishing and improving, while Nexon completely killed FA with patch 2.0.

In Black Squad, after Early Access started, people complained that a weapon was OP, 6 days later they nerfed it. In FA, they waited 6 months to nerf the F2020 and it's still OP.
    Again in BS, Asian players asked for a SEA server, two weeks after release it's officially announced that a SEA server will open soon. And by soon I mean 2 months tops.

In order to play Black Squad properly you need to unlearn the garbage mechanics of FA first, then you can play properly and enjoy it.

When (if ever) First Assault gets PVE CO OP mode then we can talk again. So far Black Squad is the better game and it will only get better. I played FA for 700 hours since December 2015 so I know what I'm talking about, and FA was ok in version 1.0 but now it's complete garbage left for dead.
  • AdenumAdenum
    edited August 7
    has better balance

By having little to no variety. Just a pure run and gun game much like counter strike's gun play almost to the letter. Sure it has a gamemode with destructible objectives that involves some quasi classes with killstreaks but that's more a circus of a gamemode with absolutely no thought put into flow of the game, much like CoD's killstreaks.
    good netcode, hitreg

Maybe, didn't play long enough to compare.
    and perfomance optimization.

Maybe, maybe not. The maps are way more simplistic in Black Squad, you rarely see anything on map that is not strictly for cover if at all while GiTS have a shitton of decorum all over the place. Just try to find a round 3D object in Black Squad. Not to mention the variety of actor models that are used in the game that is much smaller than in GiTS FA. But IMO GiTS FA mostly struggles with it's stupidly slow GUI rather than 3D graphics, not to mention possible performance implications due to the way some abilities work (namely heat scanner which probably forces the game to render objects that you do not see, or that retarded chipset that allows you to see video feed from turrets\drones that basically doubles the polycount to render due to the new camera) but who knows.
    Run in a true fullscreen, not in a maximized borderless windows like FA. Doesn't stutter for 20 minutes before you can play it

I didn't deny the better performance of Black Squad. FYI I also played it borderless, still was fine but I guess the true full screen is that much of a big deal for some. But like I said, performance is the only good thing about it.
    has no weapon restrictions.

You people just can't get over that, don't you? I'm not particularly fond of such decision myself but I do see a reason behind it. Restriction may be a good thing, it may be a bad thing. It is only a tool to achieve a desired effect, not some strictly good\bad feature to have. If that was the case then the arena shooters like quake would be the one and only good FPS that there ever was and is because you can carry not 1, not 2 but ALL the guns.
    There are 12 000 players plating it compared to the 20 players playing Fist Assault.

Why, I wonder is it due to the fact that the game is brand new or that it have The Divine Quality Of The Best FPS In Human History. Time will tell. Personally I am not impressed but thats me.

Haters gonna hate... hate as much as you want, Black Squad is flourishing and improving, while Nexon completely killed FA with patch 2.0.

Easy to say when Black Squad didn't do anything yet to discredit itself. Trust me, this things come with time. If they stay that way for a year or two after the release then that is indeed a commendable support.

In Black Squad, after Early Access started, people complained that a weapon was OP, 6 days later they nerfed it. In FA, they waited 6 months to nerf the F2020 and it's still OP.
    Again in BS, Asian players asked for a SEA server, two weeks after release it's officially announced that a SEA server will open soon. And by soon I mean 2 months tops.

I'm not defending GiTS FA reluctance to tweak weapons, it still has horrible balance for guns with obvious nerf darts and OP guns. But Black Squad has the luxury of such flexibility due to it being early in development (and I don't buy the "In beta-alpha-demo-preview-it will be better later, honest" tag on GiTS FA since it already sold plenty digital content to have repercussions for changing said content like with 2.0) and hence much easier to change without pissing everyone and their neighbors dog off with a change. Also Asian players being asking may or may not be a significant detail provided that yet again, the developer is also Asian.

Not to mention that developers can have different approach to design and how they process feedback. For example Dirty Bomb literally collects detailed statistics on the subject of tweaking over months before tweaking anything, unless something is seriously broken.
    In order to play Black Squad properly you need to unlearn the garbage mechanics of FA first, then you can play properly and enjoy it.

Relearning the game mechanics is pretty much true for any transition between FPS games unless you go to a rip-off game where mechanics are literally same. I have a feeling you just mention it just so you could spew more salt on this particular game, you silly you.
    So far Black Squad is the better game and it will only get better. I played FA for 700 hours since December 2015 so I know what I'm talking about, and FA was ok in version 1.0 but now it's complete garbage left for dead.

Well have fun then. I personally will disagree with you on that it is a fun game to play or that it is better. For me. But I think we can agree to disagree.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,105
    edited August 7

I tried this "balanced" game. The first thing i encountered were bunnyhopping snipers. Also the weapons aren't balanced at all. Just look at the stats for M4 (or how they called it ingame and HK417). I used them both. Also the grenadelauncher on the weapn is stupid. It's almost like everyone has batouskill always actiavated.

Nah nah Black Squad is no alternative, even they screwed up 2.0 that much its no real alternative, at least for me.
  • Dave1776Dave1776
    edited September 5
    Said 2.0 would kill the game and guess I was right. I know I stopped playing months ago and only found out about the shut down when a friend told me about the weapons sales then found out why they are on sale!
    Ragnarok013
  • Ragnarok013Ragnarok013
    edited September 7
    Said 2.0 would kill the game and guess I was right. I know I stopped playing months ago and only found out about the shut down when a friend told me about the weapons sales then found out why they are on sale!

Yeah many of us said the same thing and were baselessly labeled as "haters" here on the forums by the 2.0 whiteknights when we just wanted to play the game that we came to love over the past two years and not some soulless Overwatch clone. I think if they reverted to 1.0 with the new operatives and maps and then actually advertised this game it would make a come back.
  • Dave1776Dave1776
    edited September 7

Yeah many of us said the same thing and were baselessly labeled as "haters" here on the forums by the 2.0 whiteknights when we just wanted to play the game that we came to love over the past two years and not some soulless Overwatch clone. I think if they reverted to 1.0 with the new operatives and maps and then actually advertised this game it would make a come back.

Yeap I quit playing due to 2.0 and had they listened to us I would have come back to play more, but how dare they listen to just us wee little players I mean what do we know about having fun!
    Ragnarok013
  • Ragnarok013Ragnarok013
    edited September 8

Yeap I quit playing due to 2.0 and had they listened to us I would have come back to play more, but how dare they listen to just us wee little players I mean what do we know about having fun!

That's the kicker, all over the Steam GiTS forum and especially in the comment section where they announced the GiTS closure the thread continuously running through the responses are "revert the 2.0 changes and we'll come back". I really wish nexon would give that a try before closing the game.
  • Dave1776Dave1776
    edited September 9

That's the kicker, all over the Steam GiTS forum and especially in the comment section where they announced the GiTS closure the thread continuously running through the responses are "revert the 2.0 changes and we'll come back". I really wish nexon would give that a try before closing the game.

Well what do you expect they were stupid in applying 2.0 and stupider still to ignore the will of the majority of players and that is why they now find themselves in the situation they are and it;s down right retarded to not now listen to the players. I mean what company puts all this time and money into a game merely to shut it down and ignore customers as I am sure more then a few have sunk money into this game and ticking those people off does nothing to help nexon in the future because players have a long memory.

I know I use to play GRP before UbiSoft shut the game down and they had pretty much abandoned the game. They had released a number of unfinished maps so unfinished that there were all sorts of cool places to glitch from. I mean the whole community was having a blast exploring places that should have been off limits but because they failed to finish the maps players were everywhere including inside walls. The whole community that had stuck with the game was enjoying this and despite Ubi ignoring the game they were banning players. I know I got banned along with a friend just a few months before they shut the game down. Instead of just letting players have fun in a game they had intentions of ending they upset players and since then I have not touched another UbiSoft game since then.

Players have a long memory and good not to upset them.