Do you think, that you're funny?

BabyBlessedBabyBlessed
First Assault Rep: 845
edited August 4 in General Chat
Didn't play for 2 months and I come back, now I can't use most of the guns I got because of the class specific weapons.
Also it took me 15 minutes to figure out where I could change my equip weapons.
The fact that 1 character of each class wasn't given to people who have spent time on this game already or just basic 1 character per-class is quite disgusting.
I want a refund for all the guns i have but can't use due to this idiocy of someone who doesn't play but changes stuff like this to try and get my to spend money.

I'll be on warframe till this is fixed.
CyBeR_Junky
  1. Who else this it's bullshit?30 votes
    1. Yes
       47% (14 votes)
    2. No
       53% (16 votes)

Comments

• AdenumAdenum
    First Assault Rep: 1,360
    edited August 5
    To be fair they should've refunded all player items and keep that 250k GP bonus (because I'm a greedy freeloader).
    The fact that 1 character of each class wasn't given to people who have spent time on this game already or just basic 1 character per-class is quite disgusting.

Meh, they did introduce a free rotation of operatives but 1 operative in rotation is kinda low. IMO at least 1 operative from each of non-assault classes would do the trick(i.e. 1 support and 1 infiltrator). Although considering how the difference between classes is rather small in function it kinda makes me wonder if it would have much of a difference gameplay wise anyway. But hey, free stuff is always good in my book.
    CyBeR_Junky
  • DharionDharion
    First Assault Rep: 1,520
    edited August 5
    Adenum wrote: »
    To be fair they should've refunded all player items and keep that 250k GP bonus (because I'm a greedy freeloader).

Meh, they did introduce a free rotation of operatives but 1 operative in rotation is kinda low. IMO at least 1 operative from each of non-assault classes would do the trick(i.e. 1 support and 1 infiltrator). Although considering how the difference between classes is rather small in function it kinda makes me wonder if it would have much of a difference gameplay wise anyway. But hey, free stuff is always good in my book.

Yea they introduced a free rotation.. down side.. free rotation characters are locked to using only 1 weapon, so you can't use your own with it.. sure it's nice to test an operative, but you have to deal with using a gun you (possibly) haven't upgraded!

Looking forward to a new update so we can see in how far they actually listen to the players.
    CyBeR_Junky
  • BabyBlessedBabyBlessed
    edited August 5
    Dharion wrote: »

The difference would be I can use the guns i payed for. I don't give a about the free operative, I want to use the guns I have worked to unlock, For example I got a gun, then I spend upwards of 250k on attachments and now that gun is locked because I can't use the gun due to the fact I don't have an operative in that class.

Has nothing to do with free stuff or not free stuff, I want to use whatever gun I want to use with the operatives I have.
  • BabyBlessedBabyBlessed
    edited August 5
    P.S. the fact that most people voted no, means that mostly just the trolls are left yayyyyy \o/

• iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,800
    edited August 5
    I mean, I voted no because I unlocked various operatives and weapons already, so I wasn't effected by the change.
    Not that I don't understand the struggle, but you know.
    Sky_CardisDarkside_Hero
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,815
    edited August 6
    I didn't vote, but I would vote no...
    I invested in operatives before I invested guns because I know long term since it would benefit me more. I made sure I at least has 2 of each gun type also (you get 1 Default of each so yeah). Should have balanced your purchases. I know that sounds rude, but isn't intended to be.
    CyBeR_JunkyDarkside_Heroxochildavarake
  • DharionDharion
    edited August 6
    P.S. the fact that most people voted no, means that mostly just the trolls are left yayyyyy \o/

I didn't vote to start with. It seems to be past a point where calling things 'bullshit' seems useful.
    Just wait and see what they are planning to do with future updates.
    BabyBlessed
  • GIJeffGIJeff
    First Assault Rep: 495
    edited August 6

Yes, because people who disagree with you are clearly trolls. You've got this set up where you can't lose, which just makes you come across as a prick.
    BabyBlessed
  • BabyBlessedBabyBlessed
    edited August 7
    GIJeff wrote: »

Yes, because people who disagree with you are clearly trolls. You've got this set up where you can't lose, which just makes you come across as a prick.

I am indeed a prick 2bh
  • BabyBlessedBabyBlessed
    edited August 7
    Dharion wrote: »

I didn't vote to start with. It seems to be past a point where calling things 'bullshit' seems useful.
    Just wait and see what they are planning to do with future updates.

That would mean I wasn't talking about you O.o? and bullshit is bullshit, doesn't matter how you explain it.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,090
    edited August 9
    The whole classes and restrictions are bullshit, especially with the imbalance of weapons and operatives in mind. decreasing playerbase showing this clearly.
    I can't vote for yes nor for no since I don't think refunds are the way to go. The way to go should be to remove classes/restrictions on the one hand and balancing weapons and operatives on the other hand.
    I hope they do a stream this week, since I am curious about statements from nexon USA.
    P4prik4
  • GIJeffGIJeff
    First Assault Rep: 495
    edited August 9
    I know I keep saying this, but rollbacks of 2.0 are never coming. We can only hope to make improvements and changes to 2.o. Anything else is a pipe dream.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited August 9
    We will see. Either that or the game will die.
  • BabyBlessedBabyBlessed
    edited August 11
    I know I keep saying this, but rollbacks of 2.0 are never coming. We can only hope to make improvements and changes to 2.o. Anything else is a pipe dream.

Well I don't know what you mean by "we can only hope to make improvements and changes to 2.0" when i'm 100% sure no one voted for the changes they already made, and this point they are just money grabbing which is a shame because I like GITS, and now they are ruining the game for it :| Motoko is not pleased.
    Veldrin
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited August 11

Well I don't know what you mean by "we can only hope to make improvements and changes to 2.0" when i'm 100% sure no one voted for the changes they already made, and this point they are just money grabbing which is a shame because I like GITS, and now they are ruining the game for it :| Motoko is not pleased.

And the yesterday's stream sounded again just like "the game is fine as it is now, just git good"

Hell, they even indirectly said Maven with ARs wasn't an balance issue but too many Maven players played too defensively IN THEIR VIEW and THUS they removed the ARs from her. LMAO. What Maven players do they mean? The newbies?
    And other lmao thing they said, they removed rocket self-splashdamage from Batou since "too many batou players blowed themself up". I mean SERIOUSLY? THAT is the reason. Come on. This devs are just a farce. SORRY!
  • AdenumAdenum
    edited August 12
    Veldrin wrote: »
    And the yesterday's stream sounded again just like "the game is fine as it is now, just git good"

Not really? I mean they present it as a hangout with a community. As in just talk random stuff and stream some video games, what they basically do. I'm a little dissapointed that it lacks serious discussion of some issues or what are the more detailed plans for the future, but whatever. I reckon they don't exactly sit in the same room, so to speak, with people who makes these adjustments and\or decisions.
    Hell, they even indirectly said Maven with ARs wasn't an balance issue but too many Maven players played too defensively IN THEIR VIEW and THUS they removed the ARs from her. LMAO. What Maven players do they mean? The newbies?

IIRC they sayed that Maven was too solo oriented with sniper rifles etc and this change was to promote her as a more team oriented player. So instead of deploying a wall for herself and snipe herself she would deploy for her teammate with a sniper rifle. Well, at least that's what they said, slightly paraphrased.

But IMO the other reason is that they probably wanted to keep class arsenal uniform for all operatives in it so there would be no confusion as to which operative have what guns.

So since infiltrators have SMGs\shotguns and Maven was assigned as an infiltrator since they tried to remove SR from her and promoting to assault would make her a bit too tanky in conjunction with her barrier she ended up where she ended up.
    And other lmao thing they said, they removed rocket self-splashdamage from Batou since "too many batou players blowed themself up". I mean SERIOUSLY? THAT is the reason. Come on. This devs are just a farce. SORRY!

Well, Predictable also noted that his first reaction to this change was that it was broken. But hey, at least they provided a straight answer for that specific change. And as far as I can judge from the stream those who were at the stream are currently gathering feedback and are not exactly coders or anything of the sort. Or are not directly working on games code in any way. I mean you won't ask the composer to draw you something just because he is an artist, right?
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited August 12
    Yeah its still bullshit to not be allowed to play as infiltrator M4A1, since this weapon is crap anyway, so why forbid people to play crappy underpowered guns? Just for the completion? Bullshit. They didn't think that through…

And they said Maven+AR woudl be overpowered but NOT in context of Maven in assault class. Maven as infiltrator and M4 would not be overpowered. The stupidity don't end here. They restrict underpowered combos but create new overpowerd combos, its just ridiculous and no balance at all.

It just they take away freedom for PSEUDO balance. Classes didn't balance weapons within its class at all.

You have three to go weapons as infiltrator = Deathstalker, P90 and UMP. Every other weapon is a joke in comparison to P90 and Deathstalker and beath UMP only in close range (if UMP player know what to do with 20m range pseudoAR.
    Also you have LMGs, Famas/KHX/F2020 – others can be reliable as well but why playing it when you have to put more effort in them or they are less versatile ?

The bs don't end here. You have Paz that only can jump during hypersprint, but vampire dron Sitara with almost Assault class like HP that jumps around like Roger Rabbit with the most broken SMG in the game. The KAPOW that litteraly is UMP with +damage +firerate and beats every AR. Some statswise and some gameplaywise.

And how are sliding 100% invisible Motokos balanced?
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited August 12
    Well, Predictable also noted that his first reaction to this change was that it was broken. But hey, at least they provided a straight answer for that specific change. And as far as I can judge from the stream those who were at the stream are currently gathering feedback and are not exactly coders or anything of the sort. Or are not directly working on games code in any way. I mean you won't ask the composer to draw you something just because he is an artist, right?

Yeah. The developers sitting in korea, don't speak english at all and have lost their vision months ago.

• DharionDharion
    edited August 12

Yeah. The developers sitting in korea, don't speak english at all and have lost their vision months ago.

Games like this generally get localized, which means that they get adjusted to conform to other standards.. but seems they forgot that with this game. They basically just translated it and left it at that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AdenumAdenum
    edited August 12
    Yeah its still bullshit to not be allowed to play as infiltrator M4A1, since this weapon is crap anyway, so why forbid people to play crappy underpowered guns? Just for the completion? Bullshit. They didn't think that through…

And they said Maven+AR would be overpowered but NOT in context of Maven in assault class. Maven as infiltrator and M4 would not be overpowered. The stupidity don't end here. They restrict underpowered combos but create new overpowered combos, its just ridiculous and no balance at all.

It just they take away freedom for PSEUDO balance. Classes didn't balance weapons within its class at all.

Well, I suppose they distributed guns by weapon class, not by singled out weapons. In that context there is no reason to bring up a specific AR that is currently underperforming relative to the rest as to promote the idea of removing restrictions since players will have access to best performing weapon in class as well.

Not exactly sure why they split SMG into 2 weapon classes instead of sharing it between operative classes though.

As for the balance of weapons in it's own class yes, they are in a poor shape right now. The current ARs that can be sorted literally from worst in every stat to best in every stat like "ACR < M4A1 < K22 < KHX" which is plainly stupid.

Probably it has to do with the fact that stability and accuracy stats are basically bogus and do not represent anything ATM and are de facto placebo. If anything the spread on weapons is uniform on ARs and the stability affects the recoil only mildly. And with burst firing the recoil also becomes a meaningless stat since you have the recoil reset mitigating the recoil for you, not that there is a lot of recoil to begin with. Most of it is only visual to boot.