Closed

So the Japanese version is officially dead...

KnightLDRKnightLDR
First Assault Rep: 1,030
Posts: 60
Member
edited August 9 in General Chat
Read this on Steam:
http://sac.nexon.co.jp/news/172
http://sac.nexon.co.jp/news/173

Is it time to panic yet?



P.S. Weilan posted the information on Steam, he's the one to have originally found the info.

Comments

  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,480
    Posts: 1,694
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 9
    Like i said on the Steam forums as well: we probably should wait till official statements for our versions before maybe jumping to conclusions.
    Atm im asking if NexonNA knows about it and what it means for our version.

    ps. we actually shouldnt forget that NexonJP and NexonNA take decisions all on their own without looking at each other: they are totally seperate beings.
    VeldrinporcofonVenkmanP4prik4iiShanEinhander2501
  • KnightLDRKnightLDR
    First Assault Rep: 1,030
    Posts: 60
    Member
    edited August 9
    I read your reply on Steam, just posting it here for those who don't read both, the game forum and Steam forums.
  • ChampsChamps
    First Assault Rep: 2,245
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited August 9
    someone could translate japanese publication in English ?? please ..
  • AdenumAdenum
    First Assault Rep: 1,360
    Posts: 91
    Member
    edited August 9
    http://steamcharts.com/app/369200adding graphs that states that veterans keeps leaving. And please mods stop claiming as its not losing its players. Thank you!

    1 month is not particularly representative of games population dynamic. Especially if you try to compare it to previous, much longer periods of time of year and more and it does not provide any support to the claim that specific portion of such demographic is leaving for unknown amount of time.

    It's like saying that if the entire paint producing industry is producing 30% less paint that that means the red paint is now produced 30% less. There is no evidence for that specific type of paint to be produced less.

    Just saying.
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,855
    Posts: 513
    Member
    edited August 9
    Ya retention is poor, my friend list shows how few have bothered to stick around , because the updates are either too sparse or when there are some they fail to capture what we've asked for or what are core features needed for an FPS game to be successful monetarily. Particularly a healthy competitive scene.

    google translate:
    [Important] "Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. ONLINE' service termination notice Ghost in shell riot S. A. C. ONLINE 2017.08.09 AM 11:00 is always"Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. online' patronage, thank you for.
    Services went from 11/2/2016 "Ghost in shell ghost S. A. C. ONLINE' was the 11/29/2017 (Wednesday) maintenance the service discontinued.
    This patronage, thank you thank you very much. In addition, upon completion of service, 2017 年 2 月 6 日 (Wednesday) no maintenance, will end items sold by NEXON points.  

    [Termination time]  NEXON points items discontinued 9/6/2017 (Wednesday) maintenance Ghost in shell ghost S. A. C. ONLINE services end: 11/29/2017 (Wednesday) maintenance already purchased items will be used until after the "Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. ONLINE' service is available.    

    Regarding the expiration date items in your item, please use as soon as possible, please.  
    Also, at the end of the service return compensation regarding unused consumer items.  
    For more information, please check the announcements below. [Important] Announcement of NEXON points return compensation then remaining shuts down slightly but will continue to "Ghost in shell ghost S. A. C. ONLINE', thank you.

    "Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. ONLINE' management team

    If the worse case scenario happens and NA also shutsdown, any chance Nexon might look into selling the game to another company? Or if Teamwaffle decides to continue to work on it and go with another publisher. idk who owns the rights to the game.

    Or if possible set it up like CSGO, have a 1 time purchase and allow us to host games of our own. That way there is very little server costs for you guys.
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,480
    Posts: 1,694
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 9
    it looks the chart's gone xddd probably nexon's went tearing and begged remove it. aww so sad for hiding the truth from players to just keep leftovers.

    The chart is there but you have to remove the "adding" part from your own link.............. smart boy you are.
    Your tone has been quite often negative against various moderators, other players and Nexon for the past year.
    Maybe tone it down.
    P4prik4RetrosaurusiiShanGIJeffVeldrinAsphyxiaKyleKatarnSHODANX
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 111
    Member
    edited August 9
    Hakurei wrote: »
    it looks the chart's gone xddd probably nexon's went tearing and begged remove it. aww so sad for hiding the truth from players to just keep leftovers.

    The chart is there but you have to remove the "adding" part from your own link.............. smart boy you are.
    Your tone has been quite often negative against various moderators, other players and Nexon for the past year.
    Maybe tone it down.

    To be fair his reasoning behind it is well known. Not that I fully agree with how he handles/says it. But Nexon Mods and Admins in general of all their games are well...Below Poor in handling things. Not saying all of them all, but lets just say the negative vastly outweighs the positive.

    But yeah...the whole chart thing was just poor on kusanagi's part that I can agree to XD
    P4prik4Veldrin
  • PredictablePredictable
    First Assault Rep: 2,215
    Posts: 36
    Member, Administrator
    edited August 9
    Hello Operatives,

    First Assault is, as you’ve heard, being sunset in Japan. Decisions like this aren’t lightly made, and we understand your concern. Regarding Western operations, we’ve got no update to share, but the community will always be first to know regarding any change in status.

    -The First Assault Team
    VeldriniiShanDarkside_Hero
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,800
    Posts: 534
    Member
    edited August 10
    Meh i dont care what you think. You can't please everyone, just deal with it. People who lead fb group hate these forums already. They find all this your "support" given to players useless.
    Find someone else to brainwash, thank you and have a good day.

    I'm sorry but when you bring brainwashing into it, you lose any credibility with your arguments and enter the mudslinging void of slim return. We're all here of our own volition to play a video game. We who support it like or love what they're doing with it, and we can disagree with each other all we want, but don't expect your argument to be 100% solid truth when others provide their personal experience and research. That goes for everyone here, support or no support. I can't say for sure if this game will survive or not, but for now, I can personally say I'll enjoy it to the end without the brainwashing necessary, it's my go-to game if I don't want to tax myself in Guilty Gear or mindlessly farm on Stardew Valley.

    Let's just enjoy it if we enjoy it, and agree to disagree instead of claiming the devs have some long range mind altering death ray of some kind that forces us to go on the forums and spam "GAME R GOOD" or something.
    SHODANXVenkman
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,800
    Posts: 534
    Member
    edited August 10
    iiShan wrote: »
    Meh i dont care what you think. You can't please everyone, just deal with it. People who lead fb group hate these forums already. They find all this your "support" given to players useless.
    Find someone else to brainwash, thank you and have a good day.

    I'm sorry but when you bring brainwashing into it, you lose any credibility with your arguments and enter the mudslinging void of slim return. We're all here of our own volition to play a video game. We who support it like or love what they're doing with it, and we can disagree with each other all we want, but don't expect your argument to be 100% solid truth when others provide their personal experience and research. That goes for everyone here, support or no support. I can't say for sure if this game will survive or not, but for now, I can personally say I'll enjoy it to the end without the brainwashing necessary, it's my go-to game if I don't want to tax myself in Guilty Gear or mindlessly farm on Stardew Valley.

    Let's just enjoy it if we enjoy it, and agree to disagree instead of claiming the devs have some long range mind altering death ray of some kind that forces us to go on the forums and spam "GAME R GOOD" or something.

    I dont exect it to be fully valid. But that doesnt change the fact there is community created by one of the players who hates these forums and their mods, for how they work. Blatant words there doesnt work, we discuss what we need to, everything else which isnt written by black onto white here, we do that there.

    That's not something new with games. At all. If you dig deep, there's plenty of haters in any game with a group somewhere.
    Personally, I think they're all ridiculous. If they don't like 2.0, why must they deny other players a shot at it? Most of the Steam reviews are panicky downvotes because they can't use their guns on their operative anymore. It doesn't mean 2.0 doesn't have it's own depth to it. And yes, there are issues here and there. But no game, especially a F2P, has perfection. It won't ever appeal to everyone, and targeting those who like it or hate it does nothing for it but make the community toxic.

    And as far as "power abuse" goes, if that were true, any naysayer would be banned if they had any negative feedback. The mods are cool, maybe not perfect, but we're all human in the end.
    SHODANXVenkmanDarkside_Hero
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 111
    Member
    edited August 10
    I simply stopped pkay this game 99% of the time. And idc about some guns availability to be used so far. Already unlockd operatives i needed

    If you stopped playing, then there should be no reason to be acting like this.
    Simply let the people who remain enjoy the game. Simple because you lost enjoyment for it doesn't give you such a right to try and force your feelings unto others, in short you trying to force a bandwagon of support from a player base who still play and support the game. It just doesn't work.
    Its like going to Burger King to try to rally the patrons in it about not eating the food because its bad for you.
    Let them eat their heart attack on a bun man...
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 4,090
    Posts: 439
    Member
    edited August 10
    And because the restrictions are totally random. Why should Togusa be allowed to use KAPOW but not UMP. I mean this are similar weapons.
    Also the whole ARs only for this operative SMG only for them. Its totally random. Also the different movementspeeds are pain in the ass and only for legitimating HP/AP differences purposes.

    So one random decisions "required" another random decision that "required" another random decision which leads to restriction non-overpowered combinations as well. Just plain bullshit.
  • dearkadearka
    First Assault Rep: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited August 10
    i hope this dont affect game because i really love it , and all bad comments on steams are people crying cause they cannot use they guns so please thats dont mean they game is bad . i guess this give more balance to the game , of course some things need a balance but the game i really fun .
  • SeanGokuSeanGoku
    First Assault Rep: 440
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited August 10
  • SeanGokuSeanGoku
    First Assault Rep: 440
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited August 10
    No man, you just sounded very agitated. I was concerned. You know, when a baby is all crying for no apparent reason it most likely crapped itself. Obviously you're not a baby anymore, otherwise you wouldn't be here. But nevertheless I thought maybe I can help you get your life back on the right track. No need to get all aggro on me.
    SHODANX
  • SHODANXSHODANX
    First Assault Rep: 1,015
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited August 10
    @Hakurei feel free to put your "thing" deeper as you're used to. You get it right? Idgaf, this game deserves to close down aftrr loses of too many players, get used to it. Charts got removed or w.e
    No need be positive while there is no reason, i got more better games than this junk to play when i find time.
    Maybe removed some letters b y accident, i often browse using phone instead of computer
    http://steamcharts.com/app/369200
    No reason be positive about the game that isnt worth my time. And not only me thinking this, nost veterans left new players poped into or either also did quit, charts shows even one year term activity of gits not only a month one.
    I tell what i think, if they can not handle statements with a valid points they should not try start conversation.

    You have just made a big fool of yourself. This comment tells us everything we need to know about you. You don't like the game, you don't play the game AND you want the game to die. BWAHAHAHAHAH and then we should take you seriously? You must have a really sad life to be on this forum hating on a f2p korean game and you just ridiculed yourself you little cry baby.

    If I was you I would just be ashamed of myself and go away but I bet you will stay on this forum forever because mommy hasn't told you that it's ok to lose an argument sometimes.

    Thanks for the lols idiot.
    SeanGoku
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,815
    Posts: 111
    Member
    edited August 10
    Sky_Cardis wrote: »
    I simply stopped pkay this game 99% of the time. And idc about some guns availability to be used so far. Already unlockd operatives i needed

    If you stopped playing, then there should be no reason to be acting like this.
    Simply let the people who remain enjoy the game. Simple because you lost enjoyment for it doesn't give you such a right to try and force your feelings unto others, in short you trying to force a bandwagon of support from a player base who still play and support the game. It just doesn't work.
    Its like going to Burger King to try to rally the patrons in it about not eating the food because its bad for you.
    Let them eat their heart attack on a bun man...

    i told before, i dont care about that people so far needs me not to stop saying this. it's my oppinion, deal with it by getting over. end of story.

    You care enough not only read, but also to reply, and thus you care. also you really should follow that flawed idealism of "deal with it by getting over. end of story."
    You lost, you are unhappy with the game. "deal with it by getting over. end of story."
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,480
    Posts: 1,694
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 10
    Closing thread as its gone off-topic + the statement has been done that this doesn't mean anything for our version for now.
    Also let's not continue fighting each other.
    VenkmanVeldrin
This discussion has been closed.