Closed

So the Japanese version is officially dead...

KnightLDRKnightLDR
First Assault Rep: 1,020
edited August 9 in General Chat
Read this on Steam:
http://sac.nexon.co.jp/news/172
http://sac.nexon.co.jp/news/173

Is it time to panic yet?

P.S. Weilan posted the information on Steam, he's the one to have originally found the info.

Comments

• HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,395
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 9
    Like i said on the Steam forums as well: we probably should wait till official statements for our versions before maybe jumping to conclusions.
    Atm im asking if NexonNA knows about it and what it means for our version.

ps. we actually shouldnt forget that NexonJP and NexonNA take decisions all on their own without looking at each other: they are totally seperate beings.
    VeldrinporcofonVenkmanP4prik4iiShanEinhander2501
  • KnightLDRKnightLDR
    First Assault Rep: 1,020
    edited August 9
    I read your reply on Steam, just posting it here for those who don't read both, the game forum and Steam forums.
  • ChampsChamps
    First Assault Rep: 2,245
    edited August 9
    someone could translate japanese publication in English ?? please ..
  • kusanagi9273346kusanagi9273346
    First Assault Rep: 1,240
    edited August 9
    That means going to close japanesse gits version. Game deserved it
    Ragnarok013
    edited August 9
    http://steamcharts.com/app/369200adding graphs that states that veterans keeps leaving. And please mods stop claiming as its not losing its players. Thank you!
    Ragnarok013
  • AdenumAdenum
    First Assault Rep: 1,220
    edited August 9
    http://steamcharts.com/app/369200adding graphs that states that veterans keeps leaving. And please mods stop claiming as its not losing its players. Thank you!

1 month is not particularly representative of games population dynamic. Especially if you try to compare it to previous, much longer periods of time of year and more and it does not provide any support to the claim that specific portion of such demographic is leaving for unknown amount of time.

It's like saying that if the entire paint producing industry is producing 30% less paint that that means the red paint is now produced 30% less. There is no evidence for that specific type of paint to be produced less.

Just saying.
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,755
    edited August 9
    Ya retention is poor, my friend list shows how few have bothered to stick around , because the updates are either too sparse or when there are some they fail to capture what we've asked for or what are core features needed for an FPS game to be successful monetarily. Particularly a healthy competitive scene.

google translate:
    [Important] "Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. ONLINE' service termination notice Ghost in shell riot S. A. C. ONLINE 2017.08.09 AM 11:00 is always"Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. online' patronage, thank you for.
    Services went from 11/2/2016 "Ghost in shell ghost S. A. C. ONLINE' was the 11/29/2017 (Wednesday) maintenance the service discontinued.
    This patronage, thank you thank you very much. In addition, upon completion of service, 2017 年 2 月 6 日 (Wednesday) no maintenance, will end items sold by NEXON points.  

[Termination time]  NEXON points items discontinued 9/6/2017 (Wednesday) maintenance Ghost in shell ghost S. A. C. ONLINE services end: 11/29/2017 (Wednesday) maintenance already purchased items will be used until after the "Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. ONLINE' service is available.    

Regarding the expiration date items in your item, please use as soon as possible, please.  
    Also, at the end of the service return compensation regarding unused consumer items.  
    For more information, please check the announcements below. [Important] Announcement of NEXON points return compensation then remaining shuts down slightly but will continue to "Ghost in shell ghost S. A. C. ONLINE', thank you.

"Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. ONLINE' management team

If the worse case scenario happens and NA also shutsdown, any chance Nexon might look into selling the game to another company? Or if Teamwaffle decides to continue to work on it and go with another publisher. idk who owns the rights to the game.

Or if possible set it up like CSGO, have a 1 time purchase and allow us to host games of our own. That way there is very little server costs for you guys.
    edited August 9
    P4prik4 wrote: »
    Ya retention is poor, my friend list shows how few have bothered to stick around , because the updates are either too sparse or when there are some they fail to capture what we've asked for or what are core features needed for an FPS game to be successful monetarily. Particularly a healthy competitive scene.

google translate:
    [Important] "Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. ONLINE' service termination notice Ghost in shell riot S. A. C. ONLINE 2017.08.09 AM 11:00 is always"Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. online' patronage, thank you for.
    Services went from 11/2/2016 "Ghost in shell ghost S. A. C. ONLINE' was the 11/29/2017 (Wednesday) maintenance the service discontinued.
    This patronage, thank you thank you very much. In addition, upon completion of service, 2017 年 2 月 6 日 (Wednesday) no maintenance, will end items sold by NEXON points.  

[Termination time]  NEXON points items discontinued 9/6/2017 (Wednesday) maintenance Ghost in shell ghost S. A. C. ONLINE services end: 11/29/2017 (Wednesday) maintenance already purchased items will be used until after the "Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. ONLINE' service is available.    

Regarding the expiration date items in your item, please use as soon as possible, please.  
    Also, at the end of the service return compensation regarding unused consumer items.  
    For more information, please check the announcements below. [Important] Announcement of NEXON points return compensation then remaining shuts down slightly but will continue to "Ghost in shell ghost S. A. C. ONLINE', thank you.

"Ghost in Shell Motoko S. A. C. ONLINE' management team

If the worse case scenario happens and NA also shutsdown, any chance Nexon might look into selling the game to another company? Or if Teamwaffle decides to continue to work on it and go with another publisher. idk who owns the rights to the game.

Or if possible set it up like CSGO, have a 1 time purchase and allow us to host games of our own. That way there is very little server costs for you guys.

that would work, since bf4 ~24player's server host costs about 2.5$/month located in germany.
    edited August 9
    Adenum wrote: »

1 month is not particularly representative of games population dynamic. Especially if you try to compare it to previous, much longer periods of time of year and more and it does not provide any support to the claim that specific portion of such demographic is leaving for unknown amount of time.

It's like saying that if the entire paint producing industry is producing 30% less paint that that means the red paint is now produced 30% less. There is no evidence for that specific type of paint to be produced less.

Just saying.

look the statistics for overall time. u can choose time terms.
    edited August 9
    it looks the chart's gone xddd probably nexon's went tearing and begged remove it. aww so sad for hiding the truth from players to just keep leftovers.
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,395
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 9
    it looks the chart's gone xddd probably nexon's went tearing and begged remove it. aww so sad for hiding the truth from players to just keep leftovers.

The chart is there but you have to remove the "adding" part from your own link.............. smart boy you are.
    Your tone has been quite often negative against various moderators, other players and Nexon for the past year.
    Maybe tone it down.
    P4prik4RetrosaurusiiShanGIJeffVeldrinAsphyxiaKyleKatarnSHODANX
  • Sky_CardisSky_Cardis
    First Assault Rep: 1,715
    edited August 9
    Hakurei wrote: »

The chart is there but you have to remove the "adding" part from your own link.............. smart boy you are.
    Your tone has been quite often negative against various moderators, other players and Nexon for the past year.
    Maybe tone it down.

To be fair his reasoning behind it is well known. Not that I fully agree with how he handles/says it. But Nexon Mods and Admins in general of all their games are well...Below Poor in handling things. Not saying all of them all, but lets just say the negative vastly outweighs the positive.

But yeah...the whole chart thing was just poor on kusanagi's part that I can agree to XD
    P4prik4Veldrin
  • PredictablePredictable
    First Assault Rep: 2,185
    Administrator
    edited August 9
    Hello Operatives,

First Assault is, as you’ve heard, being sunset in Japan. Decisions like this aren’t lightly made, and we understand your concern. Regarding Western operations, we’ve got no update to share, but the community will always be first to know regarding any change in status.

-The First Assault Team
    VeldriniiShanDarkside_Hero
    edited August 10
    Meh i dont care what you think. You can't please everyone, just deal with it. People who lead fb group hate these forums already. They find all this your "support" given to players useless.
    Find someone else to brainwash, thank you and have a good day.
    edited August 10
    @Hakurei feel free to put your "thing" deeper as you're used to. You get it right? Idgaf, this game deserves to close down aftrr loses of too many players, get used to it. Charts got removed or w.e
    No need be positive while there is no reason, i got more better games than this junk to play when i find time.
    Maybe removed some letters b y accident, i often browse using phone instead of computer
    http://steamcharts.com/app/369200
    No reason be positive about the game that isnt worth my time. And not only me thinking this, nost veterans left new players poped into or either also did quit, charts shows even one year term activity of gits not only a month one.
    I tell what i think, if they can not handle statements with a valid points they should not try start conversation.
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,745
    edited August 10
    Meh i dont care what you think. You can't please everyone, just deal with it. People who lead fb group hate these forums already. They find all this your "support" given to players useless.

I'm sorry but when you bring brainwashing into it, you lose any credibility with your arguments and enter the mudslinging void of slim return. We're all here of our own volition to play a video game. We who support it like or love what they're doing with it, and we can disagree with each other all we want, but don't expect your argument to be 100% solid truth when others provide their personal experience and research. That goes for everyone here, support or no support. I can't say for sure if this game will survive or not, but for now, I can personally say I'll enjoy it to the end without the brainwashing necessary, it's my go-to game if I don't want to tax myself in Guilty Gear or mindlessly farm on Stardew Valley.

Let's just enjoy it if we enjoy it, and agree to disagree instead of claiming the devs have some long range mind altering death ray of some kind that forces us to go on the forums and spam "GAME R GOOD" or something.
    SHODANXVenkman
    edited August 10
    iiShan wrote: »

I'm sorry but when you bring brainwashing into it, you lose any credibility with your arguments and enter the mudslinging void of slim return. We're all here of our own volition to play a video game. We who support it like or love what they're doing with it, and we can disagree with each other all we want, but don't expect your argument to be 100% solid truth when others provide their personal experience and research. That goes for everyone here, support or no support. I can't say for sure if this game will survive or not, but for now, I can personally say I'll enjoy it to the end without the brainwashing necessary, it's my go-to game if I don't want to tax myself in Guilty Gear or mindlessly farm on Stardew Valley.

Let's just enjoy it if we enjoy it, and agree to disagree instead of claiming the devs have some long range mind altering death ray of some kind that forces us to go on the forums and spam "GAME R GOOD" or something.

I dont exect it to be fully valid. But that doesnt change the fact there is community created by one of the players who hates these forums and their mods, for how they work. Blatant words there doesnt work, we discuss what we need to, everything else which isnt written by black onto white here, we do that there.
    edited August 10
    @iishan i was in multiple communities and know how power abuse or what defence people can put on themselves and then how little group of people would agree with you who aren't siding anybody. Was all the time like this and will be. It's like i waste my time just opening these forums and leaving a message.
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,745
    edited August 10
    iiShan wrote: »

I dont exect it to be fully valid. But that doesnt change the fact there is community created by one of the players who hates these forums and their mods, for how they work. Blatant words there doesnt work, we discuss what we need to, everything else which isnt written by black onto white here, we do that there.

That's not something new with games. At all. If you dig deep, there's plenty of haters in any game with a group somewhere.
    Personally, I think they're all ridiculous. If they don't like 2.0, why must they deny other players a shot at it? Most of the Steam reviews are panicky downvotes because they can't use their guns on their operative anymore. It doesn't mean 2.0 doesn't have it's own depth to it. And yes, there are issues here and there. But no game, especially a F2P, has perfection. It won't ever appeal to everyone, and targeting those who like it or hate it does nothing for it but make the community toxic.

And as far as "power abuse" goes, if that were true, any naysayer would be banned if they had any negative feedback. The mods are cool, maybe not perfect, but we're all human in the end.
    SHODANXVenkmanDarkside_Hero
    edited August 10
    I simply stopped pkay this game 99% of the time. And idc about some guns availability to be used so far. Already unlockd operatives i needed
This discussion has been closed.