First Assault Closure

PredictablePredictable
First Assault Rep: 2,215
Member, Administrator
edited August 21 in Official News
Dear community,

We’re sorry to inform you that we will be sunsetting Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online in North and South America, Europe, and the Oceania region, with final closure scheduled for December 6.

This was a very tough decision to make. The game has been in development for a long time, supported by developer, publisher, and community effort. Ultimately, we decided that continued development wasn’t going to help the game become what we all hoped it could become.

We will be supporting the game for the next several months during the sunset period, allowing both the development and publishing teams and the community to say goodbyes and enjoy the game.

In the near term, we’ll be removing the in-game store and will stop selling Steam DLC immediately.
After several months, the game service will be closed for good on December 6, 2017 at 10am PST.

It’s been a humbling experience to serve such a dedicated and engaged player community. We sincerely thank you for all the feedback and support you’ve given us throughout the years.

-First Assault Team
TarkinPlayBoyManCowaiiShanporcofonHeartLHNtrumpetBRRagnarok013SkarborrKriztyke_and 1 other.

Comments

• AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 5,225
    Member+
    edited August 21
    No way !!

@Predictable - is it possible to revert your decision if you make proper survey what players expect from this game?
    Maybe its not all lost yet. Trust the community and follow their voice.
    Reverting game back to 1.0 may bring back many players and you may just rework changes and implement it later.
    DharioniiShanLachudraLTVenkmanDrFiveEinhander2501Darkside_HeroWootwootadman314P4prik4and 7 others.
  • TarkinTarkin
    First Assault Rep: 2,245
    Member+
    edited August 21
    PvE is in development.
    Like we never gonna see it. Well, I would like to see letter from Team Waffle/Neople about whole situation.
    Midlord
  • KalevispetkeKalevispetke
    First Assault Rep: 1,130
    edited August 21
    PvE singleplayer mode / lan gameplay would be goods. Don't wanna lose the grind.
  • qboardqboard
    First Assault Rep: 730
    edited August 21
    when nexon kill FA that will cause high collateral damage to all nexon games. they got some more online games running with players who now know they risk loosing their whole time/money/community investment within 3 months. it is a stupid decision to let it end like this but well that´s modern games industry... money, money, money, fail
    Axxell2511WootwootP4prik4doctorPepper
  • KalevispetkeKalevispetke
    First Assault Rep: 1,130
    edited August 21
    Damn I thought we had plenty of players in this game to make it last, I see new names all the time in EU server.
    DarkNoir
  • DharionDharion
    First Assault Rep: 1,520
    edited August 21
    Sad news to hear. Would it be possible to revert back to 1.0 for the remaining time? So we can enjoy the game in its former glory and no-life TDM Port again with our stupid builds?
    Had hoped to see a revert and more effort into making 1.0 more balanced.. but I guess the end is near. It was a lot of fun while it lasted, hate to see the game go.
    LHNtrumpetBRRagnarok013FrancTireurCH
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 5,225
    Member+
    edited August 21
    @Predictable - If you seriously close that game I wont play any nexon games anymore because I cant trust you since youre closing another game very shortly after starting.
    And I guess there are many players who agree with me. No point in playing games hosted by company like yours who give up so quickly.
    DharionLachudraLTAxxell2511LHNtrumpetBRP4prik4ChobeMidlordFrancTireurCH
  • qboardqboard
    First Assault Rep: 730
    edited August 21
    they do not care and there will not be any refunds. players should stop being a commercial toy and go back to the roots with passionate game studios that don´t sell their babies to foolish pub´s .
    LHNtrumpetBRFrancTireurCHdoctorPepper
  • BleuBerryBleuBerry
    First Assault Rep: 770
    edited August 21
    ...I should have seen it coming,
    I should have read the signs,
    Anyway (anyway), i guess it's over.
  • Duken13Duken13
    First Assault Rep: 2,700
    edited August 21
    Guess I'll know better than giving Nexon another dime!
    LHNtrumpetBRRagnarok013doctorPepper
  • Dark_KnightDark_Knight
    First Assault Rep: 380
    edited August 21
    sad my friend
    24 H game play and just started to understand game basiscs last week , we are few users , servers are actually empty but really sad my friend
    DarkNoir
  • CusashornCusashorn
    First Assault Rep: 6,990
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 21
    *A loud "NOOOOOOOOOO!" can be heard from central Wisconsin*

I am sad that this game, based off my favorite series of all time, is coming to a close. I'M the most devoted GITS fan you'll ever meet, and it was a dream come true to become a forum mod and work on this game in my own way.

Well, if the game is going to end, then I say let us enjoy the cosmetics in the game. Give access to all the legendary skins.
    DharionAnduDark_KnightporcofonPuffyHuffHakureiVenkmanLHNtrumpetBRLysiriaRagnarok013and 5 others.
  • DharionDharion
    First Assault Rep: 1,520
    edited August 21
    Cusashorn wrote: »
    *A loud "NOOOOOOOOOO!" can be heard from central Wisconsin*

I am sad that this game, based off my favorite series of all time, is coming to a close. I'M the most devoted GITS fan you'll ever meet, and it was a dream come true to become a forum mod and work on this game in my own way.

Well, if the game is going to end, then I say let us enjoy the cosmetics in the game. Give access to all the legendary skins.

Haha, free access to everything.. i wouldnt say no to that.. rather see us getting 1.0 back for the last run though. :p both maybe? :D
    Ragnarok013
  • PlayBoyManPlayBoyMan
    First Assault Rep: 1,160
    edited August 21
    I'm going to miss this game. It was crazy fun. It renewed my love for the movies and the TV show all over again.
    FrancTireurCHDarkNoir
  • Negative69Negative69
    First Assault Rep: 420
    edited August 21
    Man..when I've started to get used to 2.0..now you close it...Fucked us big time..
    DarkNoirdoctorPepper
  • slabuaslabua
    First Assault Rep: 620
    edited August 21
    Why mentioning North and South America, Europe, and the Oceania regions? Does it mean there are others that are going to stay up?
    Dark_KnightItsTime4WoopLHNtrumpetBR
  • SeverrenSeverren
    First Assault Rep: 650
    edited August 21
    Dang it. I enjoyed this while it lasted though I wasn't on much. Was in since the closed beta did the operative early access pack in 12/19/2015
    Hopefully someone can pick this up and turn it to a PVE experience someday.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited August 21
    Andu wrote: »
    @Predictable - If you seriously close that game I wont play any nexon games anymore because I cant trust you since youre closing another game very shortly after starting.
    And I guess there are many players who agree with me. No point in playing games hosted by company like yours who give up so quickly.

Predictable is simply delivering a message. He's doing his job and it's not okay to blame him for something that's completely out of his hands.
    This goes for EVERYONE here. Vent, be angry, share feelings, but do not make accusations and place the blame on mods and CMs, or GMs.
    porcofonVenkmanVeldrinLysiriaRagnarok013LHNtrumpetBR
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited August 21
    slabua wrote: »
    Why mentioning North and South America, Europe, and the Oceania regions? Does it mean there are others that are going to stay up?

All of those regions were mentioned for clarity. Being that it's published by NX North America, some might assume the ONLY the North American server was going to be retired.
    Thanks for asking, I'm sure some other might have the same concern ^^
  • porcofonporcofon
    First Assault Rep: 3,020
    edited August 21
    As I said on Discord, THANK YOU for almost one year of fun! <3
    PuffyHuffLHNtrumpetBRDarkNoir