Updates on closure and existing issues (not bugs)

PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
First Assault Rep: 2,245
Administrator, Nexon
edited September 7 in General Chat
I know it's been quiet around here and there have been some issues brought to my attention that I wanted to address.

I'll first start off by saying I don't know why the game is being pulled. Even if I did, I'm not certain I could release that kind of sensitive information. For a lot of you, this closure feels like a crappy break-up where the person leaving won't tell you why they're breaking up with you. They just tell you one day that it's over. </3

1. Golden Opportunity Event Tickets: It's still being worked on (UGH). As you all know, the game is ending and there are a LOT of legalities and minutia being worked over. The event ended right after the closure announcement and as a result, almost all non-essential issues have been halted.

2. Refunds of NX items: It's being worked on, also. Again, legal issues are preventing this from happening much quicker than you and I want.

3. Mass bans in the forums: We've been heavier with the ban hammer lately and it's due to redundant threads, threads about games that aren't GiTS(there's actually a pinned convo to discuss these things), and toxicity. We have very little time together, why do we need all the negativity? Some of you feel sad, upset, hurt, betrayed, and what-have-you, but we're trying to keep the peace and if that means deleting toxic threads, then so be it. That being said, everyone is free to speak on these things in a constructive manner. Just posting 'Nexon f**kin' sucks' is gonna get deleted. Instead, express why you think we suck.

4. Crowdfunding to save the game: I commend everyone's efforts in trying to send emails and raise awareness! As of right now, 9/7/2017 @ 6:15 pm PDT, there are no plans to keep the game going after the closure. Does that mean you all should stop trying to save it? Absolutely not. I will NOT stifle anyone's efforts in trying to do something they believe in. <3

If there are any more major issues you guys have questions about, feel free to post it here or add me as a friend if you wish to ask in private. I'll do my best to answer them as soon and as best I can!
porcofonEinhander2501VenkmanP4prik4ReijiphantomTomekPLCusashornChobeMonaBlackRagnarok013

Comments

• spinningddiscoballspinningddiscoball
    First Assault Rep: 880
    edited September 8
    Do you know if refunds are going to be for DLC aswell as NX spent ?
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited September 8

If all goes accordingly, it's going to be purchased NX and purchases made with NX.
  • spinningddiscoballspinningddiscoball
    First Assault Rep: 880
    edited September 9
    Can you let us know what we need to do when the time arises pleaase
    PuffyHuffDarkside_Hero
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited September 11
    Can you let us know what we need to do when the time arises pleaase

Of course!
  • Blacklotu5Blacklotu5
    First Assault Rep: 420
    edited September 11
    PuffyHuff wrote: »

If all goes accordingly, it's going to be purchased NX and purchases made with NX.

What about the new DLC on Steam that people bought like specificaly the new operitives DLC package for $40 that players purchased to support the game & the devs ? Will we be getting proper Steam refunds for it cuz atm basically anyone woh did pruchase this package was flat out scamed of thei money when some people be it devs & or nexon alrdy knew before hand that the game was going to be "sunset" while this DLC was still being sold to us on Steam.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited September 12
    Blacklotu5 wrote: »

What about the new DLC on Steam that people bought like specificaly the new operitives DLC package for $40 that players purchased to support the game & the devs ? Will we be getting proper Steam refunds for it cuz atm basically anyone woh did pruchase this package was flat out scamed of thei money when some people be it devs & or nexon alrdy knew before hand that the game was going to be "sunset" while this DLC was still being sold to us on Steam.

• MonaBlackMonaBlack
    First Assault Rep: 610
    edited September 14
    I will say thank you for this words. Yes its right what you say that everyone wants to know why. And it hurts much from Nexon that nobody tell why. That will break from many people the trust in nexon i´ll be sure. But for you and all the devs who works so hard for that game i feel more sad. But i be sure we dont let gone our try to safe that game. I know that the campaign can be lose, but than we have made an great expirience.
  • bob492bob492
    First Assault Rep: 755
    edited September 15
    It was great for some time. Then I got a psvr and wandered away, now I come back to see what you guys have done with it, and it's all sad news : (
    Hope the devs get to move on to something awesome.
  • Blacklotu5Blacklotu5
    First Assault Rep: 420
    edited September 15

So any word on weither or not players who purchased Steam DLC especially the Reinforcements Crate or other new DLC since after the 2.0 update on Steam if we will be recieving are money back to our Steam Wallet that were made to help support the 2.0 update or not ?

I purchased new DLC threw Steam not with NX so I'd expect to be refunded that purchase on Steam not with NX.
    Ragnarok013
  • Ragnarok013Ragnarok013
    First Assault Rep: 995
    edited September 15
    4. Crowdfunding to save the game: I commend everyone's efforts in trying to send emails and raise awareness! As of right now, 9/7/2017 @ 6:15 pm PDT, there are no plans to keep the game going after the closure. Does that mean you all should stop trying to save it? Absolutely not. I will NOT stifle anyone's efforts in trying to do something they believe in. <3

If there are any more major issues you guys have questions about, feel free to post it here or add me as a friend if you wish to ask in private. I'll do my best to answer them as soon and as best I can!
    Thank you for the communication @PuffyHuff;14188, it's really appreciated - especially with the large amount of silence that we've seen after NA sunset announcement. I understand about financial business decisions, however has Nexon ever considered rolling the game back to 1.0 (with the new Operatives and maps) to see if players come back instead of just throwing their arms up and shutting everything down since 2.0 was rejected? Now's the time to try it before the GiTS infrastructure is shut down. Based on the large volume of post 2.0 feedback both here and on Steam it was the class system, weapon\grenade restrictions, and TDM changes are what overwhelmingly drove the player base away. Logic would dictate that if you removed those objectionable items and advertised that those changes are removed that the game would truly have a "Renewal", heck call it Operation Phoenix to give it a new start.
    avarakeWootwootPuffyHuffCusashorn
  • CusashornCusashorn
    First Assault Rep: 6,980
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 19

Thank you for the communication @PuffyHuff;14188, it's really appreciated - especially with the large amount of silence that we've seen after NA sunset announcement. I understand about financial business decisions, however has Nexon ever considered rolling the game back to 1.0 (with the new Operatives and maps) to see if players come back instead of just throwing their arms up and shutting everything down since 2.0 was rejected? Now's the time to try it before the GiTS infrastructure is shut down. Based on the large volume of post 2.0 feedback both here and on Steam it was the class system, weapon\grenade restrictions, and TDM changes are what overwhelmingly drove the player base away. Logic would dictate that if you removed those objectionable items and advertised that those changes are removed that the game would truly have a "Renewal", heck call it Operation Phoenix to give it a new start.

With how long it took the developers to work and implement 2.0 in the first place (well over half a year from the initial announcement), I doubt they have the ability to just change everything back (but keep the additional characters) in the 2 full months this game has left. This North American version of the game is currently running on a skeleton crew, with Predictable, Disrespect, Lumos, and a few others already moved onto other games.
  • Ragnarok013Ragnarok013
    First Assault Rep: 995
    edited September 19
    Cusashorn wrote: »

With how long it took the developers to work and implement 2.0 in the first place (well over half a year from the initial announcement), I doubt they have the ability to just change everything back (but keep the additional characters) in the 2 full months this game has left. This North American version of the game is currently running on a skeleton crew, with Predictable, Disrespect, Lumos, and a few others already moved onto other games.

I'm willing to just accept just a roll back to 1.0 without new maps and operatives in order to show that the community would return. If that happens then Nexon could work on bringing the new operatives and maps into 1.0 when the see that they players would come back. That order of events would minimize the financial risk to Nexon while giving us a chance to save the game..
    avarake
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 5,225
    Member+
    edited October 8
    I noticed new gun were applied to the game - but no info about that.
    Did I missed anything else?
    I found also everything for 1 GP including non mc shop skins.
  • PuffyHuffPuffyHuff
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited October 9
    I'll see if I can get some stats on that for ya. ^^

Andu wrote: »

• CusashornCusashorn
    First Assault Rep: 6,980
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 12
    I'll see if I can get some stats on that for ya. ^^

Andu wrote: »

I think he means the 3rd PDW weapon that was added for the Support class characters.