Recent and Upcoming GITS Book releases

CybernautCybernaut
First Assault Rep: 1,055
edited October 21 in Anime/Manga Chat
Things may be winding down here, but in case anyone's interested there's a new book coming out on November 7th in the US. It's called "Ghost in the Shell README: 1995-2017." I believe it's been available in Japan for a while, so this is just the English translation coming out. The book is supposed to feature interviews, concept art, and behind-the-scenes stories from the films and anime series. Sounds like your average coffee table book, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also in November (the 14th), they're releasing a box set of the 3 deluxe hardcover versions of the manga. These appear to be the same versions that released earlier this year, just packaged together.

A novelization of the live-action film was released in September (not sure why they waited that long). It's by James Swallow, who's done a lot of media tie-in stuff. Another book, simply called "Ghost in the Shell," by Andrew Osmond, looks like it's one of those books that written by a film critic and discusses the making of the film and what they think about it, etc.
VenkmanEinhander2501

Comments

• VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,340
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 23
    Thanks for the info, I think I just found something to add to my Xmas wish list :P
    CybernautEinhander2501
  • Ragnarok013Ragnarok013
    First Assault Rep: 1,020
    edited November 2
    Cybernaut wrote: »
    Things may be winding down here, but in case anyone's interested there's a new book coming out on November 7th in the US. It's called "Ghost in the Shell README: 1995-2017." I believe it's been available in Japan for a while, so this is just the English translation coming out. The book is supposed to feature interviews, concept art, and behind-the-scenes stories from the films and anime series. Sounds like your average coffee table book, but I'm looking forward to it.

Also in November (the 14th), they're releasing a box set of the 3 deluxe hardcover versions of the manga. These appear to be the same versions that released earlier this year, just packaged together.

A novelization of the live-action film was released in September (not sure why they waited that long). It's by James Swallow, who's done a lot of media tie-in stuff. Another book, simply called "Ghost in the Shell," by Andrew Osmond, looks like it's one of those books that written by a film critic and discusses the making of the film and what they think about it, etc.

I picked up the hard cover manga, they're really well done! I've got the new book on pre-order as well.