Unexpected crash during map loading

AesgarielAesgariel
First Assault Rep: 500
edited February 20, 2016 in Bug Reporting
I was playing this game since the second closed beta. It was less or more stable, but I was able to play for around an hour or longer without any major issues. But then Nexon decided to put the game on Steam Early Access... Since that day I have problems with stability. The crashes appears especially often when loading a map. After that I am getting this sort of window, saying: "Sorry for disrupting your game! The client has crashed unexpectedly. We would like to collect an anonymous error log to help identify and correct the issue in the future. Would you like to submit an error log now?" After clicking "yes" on the box below, the screen goes black and freezes in this state. I was sending these reports often and I thought that it may help devs to patch this, but the problem stays the same. Why is it happening? Is it caused by Steam servers unable to cooperate with Nexon Launcher players? Or because I don't have 64 bit Windows installed?

Comments

• MrMonochromeMrMonochrome
    First Assault Rep: 1,300
    edited February 20, 2016
    Aesgariel
    Aesgariel said:

I was playing this game since the second closed beta. It was less or more stable, but I was able to play for around an hour or longer without any major issues. But then Nexon decided to put the game on Steam Early Access... Since that day I have problems with stability. The crashes appears especially often when loading a map. After that I am getting this sort of window, saying: "Sorry for disrupting your game! The client has crashed unexpectedly. We would like to collect an anonymous error log to help identify and correct the issue in the future. Would you like to submit an error log now?" After clicking "yes" on the box below, the screen goes black and freezes in this state. I was sending these reports often and I thought that it may help devs to patch this, but the problem stays the same. Why is it happening? Is it caused by Steam servers unable to cooperate with Nexon Launcher players? Or because I don't have 64 bit Windows installed?
    I would suggest checking the "Game News" section for any issues or update info here http://forums.firstassault.nexon.net/categories/official-news. Also wouldn't hurt to do a forum search for anything related to "game" or "crash" as several other players had crashing issues and found solutions. Try running the game/launcher as admin and/or running the launcher in English language.

• NXPanicNXPanic
    First Assault Rep: 1,350
    Member, Moderator, Nexon
    Aesgariel
    Aesgariel said:

Hi Aesgariel,

Have you tried to 'Repair' the game installation trough the Launcher? Also, like the Operative @MrMonochrome suggested, try to run the game as administrator and running the game in English language :).
  • AesgarielAesgariel
    NXPanic
    NXPanic said:

Hi Aesgariel,

Have you tried to 'Repair' the game installation trough the Launcher? Also, like the Operative @MrMonochrome suggested, try to run the game as administrator and running the game in English language :).
    It helped with nothing. The problem stays the same. How big is the chance that this all occurs, because I have not installed 64bit Windows 7 on my computer?
    edited March 3, 2016
    Aesgariel
    Aesgariel said:

It helped with nothing. The problem stays the same. How big is the chance that this all occurs, because I have not installed 64bit Windows 7 on my computer?

@Aesgariel
    If your computer has more then 3GB of memory in it you should be running 64-bit and not 32, as 32-bit won't use more then 3.5GB of your system's memory, other then that reason they're exactly the same sans some extra security features and such not in the 32-bit version. I myself bought and play the game through Steam not the Nexon launcher and I haven't had a single issue opposed to all the others who have using the launcher. Could you possibly post a screenshot of the error message asking if you want to send a log in?

Also having the following installed and any other Windows Updates always helps too.
  • AesgarielAesgariel
    MrMonochrome

Aesgariel
    Aesgariel said:

@Aesgariel
    If your computer has more then 3GB of memory in it you should be running 64-bit and not 32, as 32-bit won't use more then 3.5GB of your system's memory, other then that reason they're exactly the same sans some extra security features and such not in the 32-bit version. I myself bought and play the game through Steam not the Nexon launcher and I haven't had a single issue opposed to all the others who have using the launcher. Could you possibly post a screenshot of the error message asking if you want to send a log in?

Also having the following installed and any other Windows Updates always helps too.

Still the same love is occuring, even after installing things from Your list. The things like that crash weren't happening during Closed Beta Testing, though.
  • TylerCTylerC
    First Assault Rep: 2,735
    It could be nice if you can post a video or details of the crash logs.

Have you tried of updating the graphic drivers ?

I don't think 64bits system is a must for the game, but being limited to 3gb maybe is. Try primocache (trial version) to see if that makes it better, it has a function to "unlock" the "hidden" ram in your 32bit system so you can use it.
    edited March 7, 2016
    @Aesgariel

Have you tried the following? Also if you could post a screenshot or video of the crash or anything related to the crash would also help.

Run game.exe as admin and the Nexon Launcher - If using the Nexon Launcher and not Steam
    Running the Nexon Launcher in English or the game itself
    Repaired the installation using the Nexon Launcher repair button (Cog Wheel)
    Verified the game cache if running from Steam
    Updated video drivers
    Installed Windows Updates
    Backing up and then deleting option.ini in data folder
    Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game

Side Note: Using a memory manager or program that creates a cache to increase system memory beyond what an OSes limitations are doesn't help improve the system performance. It's better to just use 64-bit if you plan on using more then 3 or 3.5 GB. No offense.
  • HarisanyuHarisanyu
    First Assault Rep: 100
    edited April 8
    I'm having the same problem.It comes up when i finish a game mostly.Im getting sick of it.Any solutions????
  • porcofonporcofon
    First Assault Rep: 2,285
    edited April 8
    Immediately after the Apr 6th scheduled maintenance, the game started to crash during map loading. I was not paying attention if is on the same map. Last time tho was loading TC Cyber Ward. Also, after each crash, I did file integrity verification and every time 7 to 2 files failed to validate.
    BrJgs3f.png
    x1s1qAO.png
  • porcofonporcofon
    edited April 8
    And a new one during game exit, because after more than 3 matches I have to restart. Otherways I'm lagging like sh##t.
    GBA9tJC.png
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 6,955
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 10
    @porcofon thank you for posting this, passing to the team, though they already have this thread. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you updated your OS?
  • porcofonporcofon
    edited April 10
    Venkman wrote: »
    @porcofon thank you for posting this, passing to the team, though they already have this thread. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you updated your OS?

21.03.2017 & it looks like I'm up to date.
    L.E. Did a check. Maybe the new Nvidia drivers as I installed the latest version also on 6th
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited April 10
    Ok, thank you for double checking on that. I have passed this to the team, as mentioned. Sorry to say, I'm not sure what to do at the moment. The only other temporary fix I can think of is trying to play via the Nexon launcher to see if that fixes your issue? I know that isn't ideal, sorry.
  • porcofonporcofon
    edited April 10
    And, as we speak, I got a new fresh one :D
    Cd95xxO.png
    7X9dZl5.png

This is the crash report:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: GAME.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 58d20be8
    Hang Signature: dc14
    Hang Type: 0
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1048
    Additional Hang Signature 1: dc146825e34f6aec933c8aa7f7f35751
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 4b6a
    Additional Hang Signature 3: 4b6a3c627ebda063192ede70b47073e0
    Additional Hang Signature 4: dc14
    Additional Hang Signature 5: dc146825e34f6aec933c8aa7f7f35751
    Additional Hang Signature 6: 4b6a
    Additional Hang Signature 7: 4b6a3c627ebda063192ede70b47073e0

I have a second account with a lower exp level for playing with my daughter. That one is on Nexon launcher. Never got a crash on that.
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited April 10
    Hmmm, ok, do you play on both accounts on the same computer? Wondering if perhaps there is an issue that both are running fairly frequently? Not sure. Thank you for the crash report, that is a huge help to the team.
  • porcofonporcofon
    edited April 10
    Yeap! both on the same PC (as this PC is for gaming only), but this errors appeared only after the update of both game and Nvidia drivers from April 6th. I use quite rare the Nexon launcher as my daughter stays more in ballet class than in front of her laptop :)
    But, after every crash on Steam, file verification reported 2 or 7 files to be damaged. So I assume that either the update of the game have some sort of incompatibility with my pc, or the new Nv drivers are buggy.
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited April 10
    I'm thinking it is probably the drivers, but yea I honestly don't know. Unfortunately we just collect and pass the info to the DEV team, so if we hear anything I will let you know.
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited April 10
    P.S. your an awesome Dad (or Mom) for getting your daughter info gaming and GITS!
  • porcofonporcofon
    edited April 10
    Ty! I'll roll back to the previous driver version to eliminate that possibility. :))
    L.E. Five or six games played and I was forced to exit due to excessive frame loss. Crash @ exit, again. Verified files, 4 failed to validate.
    IVZzods.png

• porcofonporcofon
    edited April 10
    Venkman wrote: »
    P.S. your an awesome Dad (or Mom) for getting your daughter info gaming and GITS!
    Ty!