Weapon Tier List

ForestWolfForestWolf
First Assault Rep: 2,245
Member+
edited August 1, 2016 in Game Guides
In my opinion with the current state there are precise tiers for weapons, unlockable being definetely lowest. If you compare the free SMG with for example Deathstalker or MPX, you will notice that the unlockable or the free one have either all stats lower or 1 stat 1-2 points higher, while multiple stats 5+ points lower, resulting in far lower weapon stats overall than the weapons you buy for cash. But since you can buy the weapons fairly quick by playing regularly, there is no pay2win involved.

That being said, everyone has his own preferances, so if you disagree with my list, please state your opinion backing up with reasons. On top of that, customizing could be different from what I suggest, since I sometimes focus on improving the strength of the weapon, sometimes on denying the weakness. For example SMGs are best used in close combat where you need movement speed for reaching targets quick and strafing, so I customise only minimal movement speed impact, while on a MG I would slot as much stability as possible to allow longer burst fire and spraying.

I compare fully customised weapons and not their basic forms, because some weapons are actually really close in score in their basic version, but one offering more customisation allows it to achieve higher end score.
Based on frequently used weapons by top players on EU servers, backing up with my own experience, including short reason description, the weapon tiers are:

S Tier Best tier overall, allowing achieving most kills / best outcome in most situations.

SEBURO C-30 - Assault Rifle - Most expensive rifle on the market
The newest addition to the game and as in most cases with new weapons, it directly jumps into S Tier. Not because its new and people don't know to counter it yet, but because new additions are often not correctly balanced. Since the changes to recoil and spread pattern in the OB patch and the hitbox fixes, quick shooting assault rifles and MGs started to take over the majority of kills. C-30 is the best example of having high fire rate making you able to spray over short, medium and even long ranges without the need of slow tap- or burst-fire. Compared to KH-417 the new C-30 has 3 points lower damage (does not matter in most cases since the rifle is 3-shot anyway and with range-CBC it can even 3-shot if you hit into arms/legs by accident), 11 points less accuracy (not really the problem at the moment since the spray pattern of most weapons is really tight), but for that 11 more fire rate and 5 points more in stability, pushing C-30 not only to highest point weapon, but also with current balancing allowing spraying with almost no recoil and hitting enemies insanely accurate, killing in milliseconds.

F-MAS G1 - Assault rifle - Expensive market weapon
F-MAS is one of the newest additions to the weapon arsenal and it definetely got fame all across the servers rather quick. Having same firerate as the quickest shooting SMG EVO it can stuff your enemies with holes much quicker than any other AR while still having rather high damage and accuracy compared to SMGs or some lower tier assault rifles. It fits really good in mid range and is one of the best choices on close range after SMGs. Strangely it feels still fairly accurate on long distance aswell, resulting in still a lot of headshots given with fire bursts. The stability and small spread pattern allow for amazing spraying with F-MAS and supplied by the high fire rate the chance to hit while spraying is amazing.
HakureiiiShanMr_PenguinYewhral

Comments

• ForestWolfForestWolf
    Member+
    edited September 16, 2016
    A Tier Really good weapons allowing universe usage, being outshined only by S Tier.

SEBURO MG -Machine Gun - Most expensive machine gun on the market
    The new SEBURO MG is definetely a heavy power house even if not used by many so far. The damage barrel combined with the optimal range finder push the damage over 50, allowing 2-shot kills from effective range on chest or back hits. The reason why the weapon does not reach the S Tier is because there is still high chance to hit the arms of an enemy making this weapon a 3-shot kill and multiple AR can provide same effect while being more accurate and stable with continuous fire.

SA50 - Sniper rifle - Unlockable (really cheap to buy after unlocking) weapon
    SA50 is a beast on TDM matches and maps with corridors where people tend to clutch. Its half-automatic shooting mechanism allows quick-refire if you miss the first shot, if the first shot didnt kill the enemy or there are multiple enemies coming. It does mostly one shot, only rarely leaving the enemies with few hp to finish. The only sniper you can effectively get a streak.

DEATHSTALKER-EVO - SMG - Expensive market weapon
    EVO has really insane fire rate. Compared to other weapons it still has decent damage per shot and accurancy, while you can customise more stability for more controlled spray. The quick fire rate is also the reason you see so many headshot kills with this weapon - the chance to hit someone in the head while spraying is almost as high as a standing assault rifle shooter (for a certain period of time of course). Since both accuracy and stability are still fair, you can mostly kill people quicker spraying than aiming.

K22 - Assault Rifle - Cheaper (compared to other AR) market weapon
    This rifle makes it into A tier for its universality. Compared to KH-417 it has -4 points of damage, that is fairly big difference, has same accuracy, but having +5 stability more on top of +8 fire rate makes it actually really well mid-range and close combat assault rifle. With the fire rate and stability you can fairly easy spray targets down aswell fire long bursts on mid range. Due to its low damage compared to S Tier Assault Rifles, long range is not the best, but otherwise you will be doing really well with this rifle.

iiShan
  • ForestWolfForestWolf
    Member+
    B Tier Finding a player topping the score board with these weapons is a rare case, even if still possible.

P-90S1 - SMG - Expensive market weapon
    The P90 in FA is just like in any other shooter having this weapon - a spray and pray type. 50 shots allow you to run and gun for multiple seconds while not caring for running low on ammo, the high fire rate and low recoil allow for frequent headshots and low TTK overall. It is still getting outclasses in current meta by other quick firing weapons like F-MAS and Deathstalker (providing more damage, accuracy and stability at same fire rate), but is still a good alternative to them at same time.

UMP-45S1 - SMG - Cheap market weapon (compared to other SMGs)
    The UMP tops the SMG list with its damage and accuracy, making it an alternative to assault rifles. Having +4 damage, +6 accuracy and +1 stability more, aswell 5 maximum range makes UMP the best choice for mid range SMG. Its accuracy is still too low for long distance, while the low fire rate (compared to other SMGs and some ARs) makes it also lack in close combat quarters. Suggested use would be for capturing points in TC, since mostly they have mid range open sides which you have to cover while sitting duck at the point.

SEBURO-SR - Sniper Rifle - Most expensive sniper rifle on market
    SEBURO SR has the advantage of a higher range and little bit more fire rate than the CM. It still does not reach the potential fire rate SA-50 provides and is more suited for camping/long range sniping style.

M99D - Sniper Rifle - Expensive market weapon
    The M99D has as it seems the lowest return of fire rate, resulting in slow fire rate overall, but having still high range, the possibility to one-shot with only a damage barrel on up to effective range aswell the damage to one-shot nano-gel users by attaching the CBC-1 on it, places it in a good spot. The 10 shots fitting in the magazine by default provide you enough opportunity even if you failed a shot or two, in most games you wont survive long enough to fire all 10 bullets meaning you basically dont need to reload with this sniper.

MG36-A - Machine Gun - Expensive market weapon
    The MG36 does perform actually really well on mid range. Having 48 damage makes it 3-shot even buffed Borma agents. Focusing on stability in customisation allows it to reach a decent amount of 51, combined with high fire rate of 73 it swallows players on mass in mid range. This weapon is insanely good for providing covering fire while mates switching position or if you expect a rush to a point in TC or bomb plant in demo. The long range is a russian roulette, while in close quarter it loses to most SMGs because of low accuracy (SMGs will headshot and disturb your aiming more). L86-SEO still provides more accurate and with that more deadly firing.

M4A1 - Assault Rifle - Free starting weapon
    M4A1 even though having lower stats than higher tier assault rifles, seems to have fair advantage in accuracy over other ARs. After multiple players described the advantages of M4 and I have noticed a fair amount of players successfully using it, I decided to move it to Tier B. In my personal experience the stats and performance of other high tier rifles outshine the M4 by decent amount, but for a headshot player like some pros are, its accuracy and low spread would be great.

L86-SEO - Machine Gun - Expensive market weapon
    The recently added SEO is an alternative to the M36, having slightly less damage and fire rate but adding more accuracy and stability for longer firing and better exchange at distance. High magazine allows for less reloading that combined with accurate fire burst is deadly on range.

KH-417 - Assault rifle - Expensive market weapon
    KH is the alternative to the AK when it comes to rifles. Fully customised it has only -1 damage and -3 accuracy less than the AK47, but for that it wins with +3 on stability and +2 on fire rate, resulting in 1 points overall higher. It is true, that the AK mostly wins on long range, but since the maps barely have strict range used spots, it pays off to be able to perform in mid and close combat better. Both winning stats allow you to fire longer bursts on mid range and even spray fairly good on short distance.

SEO MPX - SMG - Expensive market weapon
    The MPX has really decent damage for an SMG, while being not too low on other stats. Compared to the S Tier EVO the MPX has +2 damage points more, but loses -1 point in accuracy, -1 in stability and -5 in fire rate, making it pretty much best definition of "spray and pray" weapon. If you hit - you do a lot of damage, but there are less chances overall to hit than with EVO. Still, a lot of top tier players using MPX for the higher damage since if you can handle the lower aiming stats and want to conserve ammo, it is a better choice than EVO.
    iiShan
  • ForestWolfForestWolf
    Member+
    C Tier Its actually hard to find weapons fitting this category, since they perform well only in rare cases, but at least they are not complete trash.

SEBURO-C26A - SMG - Most expensive market SMG
    Compared by all stats and weapon behaviour the new SEBURO SMG is simply a downgraded version of Deathstalker EVO.

AK47 - Assault Rifle - Expensive market weapon
    It has the highest damage and accuracy among all medium ranged (AR+SMG) rifles. Customizing the AK47 to increase its strength creates the most lethal weapon on range after the one-shot sniper rifles, aswell being very accurate and deadly on medium range. Customizing stability (mainly grip + bipod) allows it to perform better in close combat, but the AK still gets outperformed there by weapons for short range. At the moment the highest damage and accuracy is not much worth since other ARs can hit as accurate over most ranges and 3-shot just as the AK.

MP-V5A - SMG - Free starting weapon.
    The first SMG provides a decent fire rate while still allowing headshots spraying. Its a fine alternative to higher tier SMGs but dont expect too much.

CM2010 - Sniper Rifle - Expensive market weapon
    CM2010 provides one-shot capability while still being handled really quick and allows fairly well performed quick scoping / flink shots. Fortunately sniper rifles in FA still get countered by sprinters or drones, aswell only low amount of good spots on current maps, but if they implement bigger maps or longer distances, this sniper rifle will be definetely causing some rage.

870-ICS - Shotgun - Unlockable (really cheap to buy after unlocking) weapon
    This is the highest shotgun in the list simply because shotguns are so limited in their use. You will perform well only in close combat quarters, aswell you need to exactly hit the target to one-shot them at perfect range. If you miss one single shot you are mostly dead against good players having an SMG or decent AR or with customised MG. The ICS can be used well in camping for example on/behind bomb spots in demolition since they are covered from the sides, so that enemies wont see you till they come close.

M249-G4 - Machine Gun - Unlockable (really cheap to buy after unlocking) weapon
    The alternative machine gun M249 can have its uses for suppresive fire on rushers, covering position switches and similar situations, but gets outshined by the other MGs.

S25-R - Assault Rifle - Expensive market weapon
    The advantages of S25 are not directly noticable - almost highest fire rate of all weapons while still decent accuracy. The low stability and damage make it not such strong concurrent to SMGs instead of assault rifles. The prefered use is definetely mid and close range. Unfortunetely you can't slot a bipod for more stability, so you either go for SMG alternative with movespeed or slot as much stability as allowed for mid range.

L118A-S1b - Sniper rifle - Free from the start
    With the new attachments and a damage barrel this sniper rifle can one-shot, even though CM2010 and CA-50 still provide other advantages.
    iiShan
  • ForestWolfForestWolf
    Member+
    edited August 8, 2016
    D Tier Can't find any reasons to use any of these weapons. Dont bother working on these weapon, simply compare stats as suggested.

MP5K-S3 - SMG - Unlockable (really cheap to buy after unlocking) weapon
    Compared to the higher Tier MPX the MP5 has -3 damage less, -5 stability less, but performs a bit better in accuracy having +6 more and sprays a bit quicker with +2 more, but with this low stability making it harder to hit spraying. The low damage compared to most other weapons makes it also not so effective. Being unlockable though makes it more easier to receive and more popular.
    ACR1-G2 - Assault rifle - Medium priced (compared to other AR) weapon
    Simply compare it to K22 from Tier A...it has EVERYTHING LOWER, so no reason at all to use this weapon.
    KRIS-SV - SMG - Cheapest SMG in the market.
    Same attack rate and stability as EVO, but...-6m lower distance and damage aswell accuracy lower, so why bothering.
    KSG-G1 - Shotgun - Expensive market weapon
    Lowest fire rate, one-shots only in the face.
    SC-AR 45 - Assault rifle - Unlockable (really cheap to buy after unlocking) weapon
    Top tiers are better in everything. Enough said.
    USS 12 - Shotgun - Medium priced market weapon
    Top tiers are better in everything. Enough said.
    iiShanLivingHell
  • LAMBDA471LAMBDA471
    First Assault Rep: 8,550
    Member+
    edited June 14, 2016
    I'm still having doubts on which main AR I should use, the KH and AK feel a lot the same, but somehow the AK seems more accurate. The K22 and ACR are the other two that I've played with the ACR becoming really weak with the update that changed accuracy.
    I'd say the strongest ARs right now are the M4 and AK; the strongest SMGs are the EVO and the unlockable MP5, as for the other types, I don't know jack about them.

I usually have my loadouts like this:

F1: as SMG as it can be one: EVO or MPX (maybe one of the MP5s for the sake of variety)
    F2: SMG/AR hybrid: S25 or UMP, so far there doesn't seem to be any other hybrid that I know of
    F3: Heavy AR: KH, AK, maybe K22, ACR or M4 for the sake of fun.

My top weapons right now are:
    EVO, S25, AK, the rest of the ones I listed are all fully modded and fun to use, but they are a hit and miss - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Like the UMP for example - sometimes it does wonders, sometimes it gets me killed in the most awful of ways.

I have hopes that eventually all weapons will be balanced out and will motivate players to use every single one of them, but so far the most common and popular weapons I've seen in game are:
    - all the unlockables
    - AK, K22; KH was popular upon release, but quickly descended into the shadows, S25 was a beast when it was released, but after the update, it's no longer popular as it got so nerfed, people are are barely using it, the ACR was never popular, but after the update it's probably the worst AR
    - EVO; MPX shares the same fate as the S25; the Kriss Vector was never popular, I can even count the people I've seen with it on one hand... and that was over the course of 6 months!
    - the LMGs... I really don't pay attention to those as I never played them and I'm not interested in their playstyle
    - the snipers... I also don't play those, but I've seen mostly the starting sniper and the semi one that I keep saying it needs to be nerfed to two-shot kills, but no one listens

Overall, I still can't put my finger on a single favorite weapon, I constantly switch over all of my purchased ones and I still can't decide. ACR used to be my favorite one, now I just feel so sorry for it, I sometimes bring it into battle trying to convince myself it's not as bad as it is. In the end, I'm waiting for new ones to test out, namely Seburo weapons, I have this (probably) false belief that once I get my hands on one of those, I won't let go, but that probably won't happen as it will turn out to be just like the rest. :D
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,455
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 14, 2016
    i disagree a bit with your rating method. You only look at the raw stats, but in reality the guns differ in spray patter and handling.
    Multiple players, including me, are thinking about "hidden" stats. There are reports that the M4 is actually better in strafe firing (less bloom) than guns like the AK47, which shines if you are stationary.

Im just saying that there is more than just the stats to come to a conclusion how good the weapon is. + personal preference and skill plays a big role too.

I do agree that the AK47, EVO and MPX belong high on the list.
    LAMBDA471Player48105iiShanSlipperySnailMidlordxochildPrismriverLordLolikZhaephgomatus1998c9and 4 others.
  • MiyakoProductionsMiyakoProductions
    First Assault Rep: 2,565
    edited June 14, 2016
    I plan to make some videos over the weekend and graphs of the spray patterns. I don't have every gun yet so I can't test everything but will test what I have. Personally I find the best performance for the guns to be without any mods at all, other than an optic out of preference for having a 2x zoom.
  • GnGBnGGnGBnG
    First Assault Rep: 865
    edited June 14, 2016
    what Hakurei said.
  • Player48105Player48105
    First Assault Rep: 2,675
    edited June 15, 2016
    All in all a good overview...but i think your opinion depends very much on your playstyle.

AK for instance...ok, i agree...this is one of the best weapons. But for me this weapon is a medium to long range weapon only and should be tuned for accuracy+range and not stability. but this assumes a different playstyle. Or UMP...in my eyes a really good weapon for a moderate aggressive playstyle on medium and long range maps (TC/TDM) because of the AR-like accuracy+range and SMG-like movement speed.

Nearly every weapon needs his own personal playstyle. Imho in First Assault you should mainly choose the weapon that suits your playstyle for different game modes...based on the untuned basic stats. There is no All-in-one-Solution for TC, TDM & DEMO. If you have find your primary weapons you can finetune the stats to push their basic "felt" advantages..."the hidden stats" like Hakuraid said.

In Summary to that everyone has its own favorite weapon.
    VenZhaeph
  • GnGBnGGnGBnG
    First Assault Rep: 865
    edited June 15, 2016
    and that's why there are 3 loadouts; 1 rifle (long range) , 1 smg (short range), 1 role-based weapon - shotgun, LMG, sniper.