[Fanfic/Fanart] Unit 6 HQ

Comments

• LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,375
    Administrator
    edited August 30, 2016
    Dandare, your work is simply incredible. The level of detail and care that you put into this is very admirable. Looking forward to seeing Disrespect!

P.S. I was just reading your update above, and I am glad that you are healthy! Health is very important and should be your priority. Glad you are feeling better!
    DandareKawaccino
  • DandareDandare
    First Assault Rep: 3,145
    edited September 2, 2016
    I'm truly happy about your praise support @LumosNXA (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ !!! (PS: No worries, I'll try my best to stay healthy (^_^).... for now (¬‿ ¬) )

It's always extreme fun to see people truly enjoy your work and considering that even you guys like it is heart-warming twice since I expect your standards to be actually rather high (◕3◕)

I must say I was overjoyed with initial reaction of Raziel about her character Fanart and nonetheless happy about Your reaction. I hope Disrespect would like his (*cough* long delayed *cough*) character Fanart. So without further ado :

DISRESPECT

Needless to say: I know his answer about favorite weapon was mostly 'in-game' dictated, but honestly? It does match him ! (so it all worked fine). Unexpectely: despite being iconic , the AK-47 in any variation is actually hard to keep irl truthful. Some of You might also notice I drawn him in electronic visors. Rason for that is dual:
    -It look cool and 'connection aided aiming' is lore friendly forGitS
    -Like all GitS dev staff members I tried to base him as heavily as possible. And darn! No matter how I tried his eyes were.... simply scary @_@ (I know I could go for eye implants, but visor is step cooler XD)

As for a vibroblade katana : we ll know Disrespect loves knife-hugs. So why not give him a new toy? (which goes fine with suave style XD)

PS: Mentioning the style: special thanks to @UrODelA ! As I mentioned earlier: it's second art of Disrespect... 1st was lost. But Togusa like style was awesome theme for this one... with a bit of mix with Umibozu corps style XD

HakureiTarkinUrODelAKawaccinoTerranwolfmegagoastKyleKatarn
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 6,955
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2, 2016
    So awesome! Love it!
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited September 2, 2016
    Venkman
    Venkman said:

So awesome! Love it!
    Glad to hear that ^^ !

Boy, I won't forgive myself missing a livestream and chance for Disrespect's live reaction :(. I was somewhat convinced that the stream would be 3 hours later than it was and thus did not make it in time from work T_T
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,895
    edited September 3, 2016
    Dandare
    Dandare said:

Venkman
    Venkman said:

So awesome! Love it!
    Glad to hear that ^^ !

Boy, I won't forgive myself missing a livestream and chance for Disrespect's live reaction :(. I was somewhat convinced that the stream would be 3 hours later than it was and thus did not make it in time from work T_T
    Disrespect was out sick yesterday though, so you wouldnt be able to see him even if you were on time :(
    Anyway great art, keep em coming xD
    I also really liked your last original operative "Tabitha".
    Really nice character design and a cool backstory about some kind of super soldier that might not even be weird in the GiTS universe!
    Dandare
  • UrODelAUrODelA
    First Assault Rep: 3,300
    edited September 3, 2016
    @Dandare ...WOW! euro TGB ^^ (Tabitha) was great...but the suit ...the sword ...'the Dis': just marvelous!

p.s. i have to ask...is that a 'tactical turtleneck' ? ^^
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited September 3, 2016
    UrODelA
    UrODelA said:

@Dandare ...WOW! euro TGB ^^ (Tabitha) was great...but the suit ...the sword ...'the Dis': just marvelous!

p.s. i have to ask...is that a 'tactical turtleneck' ? ^^

Damn! I did not expect anyone to notice that small "Archer" reference XD - you deserve a reward for that @UrODelA :)

Oh interesting note by the way!

Although all 3 remaining "Unit 6" characters are male, which includes 'veteran character', 'sniper' and 'chief' (yup my very own counterpart of Aramaki :) ) there supposedly will be one more character!

It so happens I received today a paid commission for very interesting GitS Universe character with total permission to use it also in an artbook. I would not spoil much for now but she is neither an operative nor corporation worker of any sorts and... lacks cyber-ware!
    UrODelA
  • DandareDandare
    edited September 16, 2016

DIS DRESSRESPECT

They will never know what hit them... XD
    HakureiTerranwolfUrODelAmegagoastKyleKatarn
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,895
    @Dandare
    Did DisDressrespect hunt Tewi down for that dress? :D
    Good one!
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    Hakurei
    Hakurei said:

@Dandare
    Did DisDressrespect hunt Tewi down for that dress? :D
    Good one!
    Probably.
    All things considered he was for sure hired by Reisen if that's the case XD
    Hakurei
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,375
    Administrator
    Hahahaha YES!!
    Dandare
  • TerranwolfTerranwolf
    First Assault Rep: 840
    Member+
    Dandare
    Dandare said:

DIS DRESSRESPECT

(image)

They will never know what hit them... XD
    Lmao, nice
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited September 29, 2016
    Hello everyone!!!

Once again I strike back, and although the male characters are still in design and coloring is still 'being figured out' (Darn Wacom, too many options, too many possibilities @_@ !) I present You something I've mentioned before. This character was in fact commissioned but I love her design so much already that she'll not only be included in artbook (with own full bio) but most possibly appeard on roll-up banner (as long as I get onto artist alley on convention :P ).

So please welcome warmly"

"ORITHYIA"

Being known only by her alias, Orithyia is not directly connected to Unit 6, Japanese Government nor UN and haves a little bit sad backstory to her past.

After 3rd World War in 2015 Japan faced severe economic backlashes despite development of "Japanese Miracle". Like in most of the places around the world: due to major cities being destroyed in nuclear blast and ongoing long time warfare a certain regions of the nation's got neglected to the degree of becoming a cradle of poverty. It is soon enough contrasted in Japan as the still in tact corporations and core government were able to stabilize own income and further development basing it on high-end-technology as main source of trade. To counter it several years later the already nearly abandoned Hashima Island becomes a human dumping point where not necessarily criminal but poor and somewhat unfit for regular society people are being accumulated. Bye the time of after-4th-World-War many of those are merely less fortunate people who were unable to afford cybernetization and were cast out as 'inefficient'. With time the earlier small island with no economic value needs to be artificially enlarged to keep in tact growing population. Same time as it becomes a grey zone with nearly no law enforcement, also shady characters and organization take a root in that place making it even less inhabitable.

At the time of Orithyia's birth the cybernetization is still not considered an actual social requirement so her somehow conservative and reluctant about it parents decide to 'remain fully human' as well as their daughter. Being fairly regular family they are able to make a living for themselves and although not being capable of life of luxury in any way - they have no visible problems either. This however changes dramatically as one day by mere chance Orithyia is struck by tragedy which changes her life forever.

Being merely 6-year-old child which just started going to school she returns home. Although everything is weirdly silent, the still childish girl does not pay it any heed. Entering the main hallway she suddenly gets taken aback into a silent scream as she see floor being dripped in blood with dismembered hand lying on it. Suddenly a weirdly looking man jumps out of the nearby room hearing her collapse on the floor and grabs her taking into nearby room. On way she sees corpse of her father and as the man threatens to hurt her she learns that her mother was hiding in one of the rooms with doors shut down tightly. Being lured out by threats she soon meets equally brutal fate as her husband this time in front of little girl's eyes. Grinning widely the murderer approaches little girl and pats her head with metallic hand still dripping with blood of her parents and then simply leaves. Among all other things the thing that Orithyia remembers the most is that the man was a cyborg.

Soon enough the thing becomes a case known later as 'Nike murderer' case due to serial killer's weird tendency to rip heads and arms of his victims. Meantime however Orithyia due to being left with no actual relatives becomes somehow neglected by society. Due to after war crisis the orphanages deny her entry so she's in fact left for weeks at her parents house with only a weekly visits from curator and well less than enough government cash support. This makes her no different than most beggar children of the time as she is forced to almost entirely live on the streets. During that time an unfortunate coincidence occurs when mob of older children decides to rob her of little food she had received that day and bully her. Unexpectedly Orithyia retaliates and fights back elder children. Once things are about to get bad for her due to their superior number and statures she actually kills one boy on the impulse of self defense. With broken broomstick driven through the heart boy collapses and as other children see now soaked in blood little girl they run away in fear. Same day Orithyia is however found by her curator not even paying mind to herself being covered in blood .

Due to the fact that whole case was mainly caused by negligence of government structures the best efforts are being made to put it under the carpet. Same time psychologists claim that at the point of how scarred is her mind, the girl is dangerous and practically insane. With not many options left it is decided that she is going to be shipped onto Hashima Island despite it being against the official law as she was still a child and no guardian was appointed to follow her. Yet the girl survives. At one point of her teenage life Orithyia is a witness to quite peculiar incident where a man is chased by visibly cybernetized assailant. Somewhat driven to this she follows both and as the man is about to meet his end she interferes with no more than tire iron and actually brutally mutilates the cyborg. This catches attention of quite few islanders including a certain scientist who decides to propose open cooperation. Now well known under her nickname Orithyia receives a state-of-art armor and anti-cyborg-hunt equipment. Soon enough she becomes unofficial queen and idol of Hashima Island's underworld.

Orithyia's personality is cold, no-nonsense type. Coupled with her natural-born-killer talent it's terrifying for most. Same time however she haves a positive moral code and does not do anything outright evil without reasons . Although she does bear very strong hatred for cyborgs and cybernetization in general.

For Unit 6 she is considered the vigilante at best and criminal/terrorist at worst, but there is no denying that she is pretty much one of most influential/powerful forces existing on Hashima Island. Not only due to insane personal proves but also a large following she receives from local people.

In story she is practically deuteragonist and anti-hero. With start similar of that of a 'Batman' she turns out a bit darker and somewhat not entirely just (as would discriminate cyborgs)

Hope You like the new addition to my artbook and sorry for long read :D
    HakureiVenkmanUrODelA
  • KodaiganKodaigan
    First Assault Rep: 2,030
    Member+
    edited September 28, 2016
    Dandare
    Dandare said:

Being known only by alias Orithyia is not directly connected to Unit 6, Japanese Government nor UN and haves a bit of sad backstory to her.
    @Dandare Re-read the first sentence of the Story-Paragraph....just a small thing making the thing sound weird in my head...

• DandareDandare
    edited September 28, 2016
    Kodaigan
    Kodaigan said:

@Dandare Re-read the first sentence of the Story-Paragraph....just a small thing making the thing sound weird in my head...

Sorry, it's more like a beta 'memo' of character's Bio anyway :/

Better?
  • KodaiganKodaigan
    Member+
    Dandare
    Dandare said:

Sorry, it's more like a beta 'memo' of character's Bio anyway :/
    Better?
    Oh, I thought since you write that much it was ment to be somewhat "no errors" project. If so then don't mind me. Thought I should point that out. Nevermind then. :D

Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    Kodaigan
    Kodaigan said:

Oh, I thought since you write that much it was ment to be somewhat "no errors" project. If so then don't mind me. Thought I should point that out. Nevermind then. :D

Ah no worries. Alas this is more of a memo it is meant to be used in end product as reference so any constructive input is welcome ^^

Also please forgive me somewhat archaic form of writing. I read waaay to much high fantasy and old Welsh legends lately >_>
  • KodaiganKodaigan
    Member+
    Dandare
    Dandare said:

Ah no worries. Alas this is more of a memo it is meant to be used in end product as reference so any constructive input is welcome ^^
    Also please forgive me somewhat archaic form of writing. I read waaay to much high fantasy and old Welsh legends lately >_>
    First of all, it's not really constructive feedback, since it doesn't concern the content of the "memo". It's just....a grammar "nasi" thing, as internet junkies would call it these days. (The word with the Z is so much censored, everytime you try to post the word it "disappears"...)

Second of all, you type out better things than I would ever do. I could give out a very young text of mine I tried doing once. (But it would go to offtopic, since it doesn't involve anything of GitS). Reading that you come to realize, that I love dramatic scenes, going to the conclusion of me being a Micheal Bay Version 5.3 (with less explosions). Bad in story and content but somewhat badass in "explosive content". It was bad. That it what I am trying to say. If I read it again I cringe over my own "fantasy". So yeah, I cannot really give any good feedback to stories. xD
    Nothing for me to forgive here.

And lastly, is it me or does ORITHYIA have similarities to Hana Song?....It appears to me as if that would be the big sister of hers.

Best Regards
    Koda

Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    Hmm... hard to say. I did not play Overwatch yet and dunno 2 cents about it's lore sadly (had to google Hana Song to know who it might be ^^; )

And don't be hard on yourself. Seems like you actually like my initial character bio so... thanks for liking? I personally was worried about how dark (even for GitS) it is and whether Lumos would be angry about it. Did not put even tiny bits which I deemed "too graphic". If I were to state personality and face scarring inspiration I would say Balalaika from "Black Lagoon" and if I were to state fighting style and tactics I would say it's somewhat brew between Walter Cum Dornez ("Hellsing"/"Hellsing Ultimate"), Alphard Al Sheya ("Canaan") and Stalker ("Batman Beyond"). Basically 'never chase her' guerrilla style fighter with very high direct combat capabilities and mind for some nasty traps :)

Most of all: thanks for interaction and interest in my little project =D
  • KodaiganKodaigan
    Member+
    Dandare
    Dandare said:

Hmm... hard to say. I did not play Overwatch yet and dunno 2 cents about it's lore sadly (had to google Hana Song to know who it might be ^^; )

And don't be hard on yourself. Seems like you actually like my initial character bio so... thanks for liking? I personally was worried about how dark (even for GitS) it is and whether Lumos would be angry about it. Did not put even tiny bits which I deemed "too graphic". If I were to state personality and face scarring inspiration I would say Balalaika from "Black Lagoon" and if I were to state fighting style and tactics I would say it's somewhat brew between Walter Cum Dornez ("Hellsing"/"Hellsing Ultimate"), Alphard Al Sheya ("Canaan") and Stalker ("Batman Beyond"). Basically 'never chase her' guerrilla style fighter with very high direct combat capabilities and mind for some nasty traps :)

Most of all: thanks for interaction and interest in my little project =D
    Well, the more you know the better.~ (Not implying that a similar character is incoming since you saw a new "interesting" character) Kekekeke.....
    No worries, I am not forcing things on you because you don't know OW. Hell, I don't know The Witcher. I have the first two games, but I never played any of them. Nobody is entitled to play 100% every existing game. That's impossible. You would be stuck to Mr. Chair.

Don't worry. I am not good with stories. But I have......"some characters" in mind I'd like to finalize on paper. That's something for later.

You should not be scared of putting tiny bits of "too graphic" because you can check on the Character Sketches, that they also show some sort of skin and....alot more voluptuous than ingame. And if it is, you could ask advice from any volunteer or directly from Lumos, of the Picture is not too much. That's one way to solve it.
    Generally this is a japanese-house game were women usually are hot as hell. Some Animes are not fan service I know....Let's just agree that Japan is the sort to be weird for us/me.

Heh.....did you just?...Did you just steal Kapkans' idea of philosophy? :D

Oi! Just because I didn't vote, doesn't mean I don't like it. :O

Best Regards
    Koda