[Fanfic/Fanart] Unit 6 HQ

Comments

• DandareDandare
    First Assault Rep: 3,145
    edited December 3, 2016
    HELLO PEOPLE!

Sadly once again reporting a little bit ill (common cold or flu I guess). But nonetheless I've managed to bring yet another colored piece! Considering that Orithyia is not part of Unit 6 and that Halloween miss-art was designed to contain more of a cosplay dressed characters: it's 1st time a member of "Unit 6" appears in color! And who is better for that than my most beloved guns'n'violence lover:

Tabitha Giselle Bernadette

Now... due to her lineart containing a literal wall of text and exhausting info on hr background and due to my head being prominently dizzy - I won't put any big text info this time. I do however encourage: comments, questions and discussion of any constructive or encouraging sort !

How You're doing fine, hope You enjoy and Cyaa soon!

PS: only few days before Akumakon announces official tables listing. Keep fingers crossed for me guys ;)
    HakureiKodaiganVenkmanMorky2016LumosNXAUrODelAManiacBatou
  • KodaiganKodaigan
    First Assault Rep: 2,195
    Member+
    edited December 2, 2016
    Ahem. I see boobs, I upvote.

I could give comments, but I ain't sure if they are constructive:
    - The red lines at the lower part of the body look at some parts discontinued (Where you can see a difference in color strength.)
    I don't know either why you stopped at some places to draw the red neon lines.
    - The feet look unproportionized to the upper leg-part. Like, smaller? (I wrote that in italic, because I cannot clearly see if it is too small or not.)
    - Jesus she has a huge rack.
    - The scope of the right weapon, it looks somewhat cut off. (Again, not sure here either.)
    - That line on the right leg just at the hip, looks off, as if she has 2 types of hip-bones.
    - The knife of the weapon on her back (left one) should be a bit longer, in terms of actuality and reality you couldn't stab someone with just a kitchen knife. Well, you could, but not on the battlefield. :x
    - Damn look at those mountains!

Hm....Other than that I got nothing else to say. :o
    Oh Oh! And get well soon, yo!

Hope it helps.

Best Regards
    Koda
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited December 3, 2016
    OH boy, as always very detailed (and thought through) criticism XD

Time to answer:
    -Red lines:
    Apparently this section was designed as an 'inbetween' of separate sections of suit which if flexed would luminescence a rd light but if kept tight would be enclosed by sections. I admit noticing discontinuations in coloring process but I thought it would in fact indicate more as to which sections are tense. Basically most of it consists of an idea that this red light is not really intensive. (hope I'm not writing in gibberish, if so: I blame my slight fever). Truthfully: with no discontinuations it might have looked better indeed...
    -Small feet:
    I know where this confusion might eb rooted. In fact if I'm right it's Tabi's overall anatomy XD. If You compare feet to head or hands (considering perspective) they suddenly... match? But to overall body they still seem small! But if You check further: both her torso and legs seem rather long. And here is the deal:
    Tabi is overall really BIG (no not only there =P ) she is meant to overall be over 190cm tall. In such cases feet admittedly get longer/larger but most females would have them in fact small compared to overall size of the body :)
    -Rack I:
    It's G-cup XD !
    -Well it's true but it's not a scope per say. You see: HRMG (or Handheld Rail Machine Gun) is not a very high prcision weapon on long distance so it's more of an advanced holo-sight system than a scope :)
    -Iliac spined !!!
    Well while I admit once colored the line indicating a rectus femoris muscle is seems bit deep this still should be safe. The 'bulb' you see is actually Anterior superior illac spine known for connecting tensor fasciae latiae muscle with... gluteus maximus. So 2 things we can read here is that: 1 Tabi holds some prominent muscles, 2 Tabi holds some prominent bottom (both true, she''s quite 'hourglass' if You know what I mean XD). Normally we do not see aforementioned spine however. Mainly since those sections of muscles mainly 'hold' other muscles and are not prominent unless someone is muscular. Secondly since muscles would need to be in high tension. I though pose provided including heavy things (no pun intended :P ) was enough.
    -Knifed:
    No excuse here. Longer would in fact really be more reliable in action. I put blame on my aesthetic sense here I guess :/
    -Rack II:
    ~ G-cup, full of JUSTICE XD !!! (well Tabi is big girl in many meanings. Basically partly as fun counterpart to her 'direct boss' Koryou, which is... well.. small xD)

Thanks for insightful comment!
    UrODelA
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,340
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2, 2016
    As always Dandare, great work! Sorry to hear you are a bit under the weather again, hope you get better soon!

I can't remember if I asked this before, but how are you getting your art digital? Are you drawing by hand and then scanning in? How do you paint them? If you are using Illustrator at all I can give you some tips, though you probably already know most of them.
    Dandare
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,480
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2, 2016
    THAT is the kind of justice i like to see!
    Hope you get a nice table at Akumakon !
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited December 5, 2016
    As always thanks for the support, and special thanks for the wishes of coming back to health ^^; . To be on a safe site of halth I won't be coming to work on Monday but I feel good enough to get there day after. Meantime I was not idly laying around and on request of gallery follower and commissioner of Orithyia I've prepared something special! Basically I was asked to create a simple gradient background wallpaper of Orithyia, but since I've had bit of free time and all the .xcf I could need... why not put all images in gradient wallpapers =) ?

Hope You guys like them and maaaybe even someone will put one on their PC :3?
    Also sorry for this sudden competition @Ghostazarashi but we all know your's are way more chic. And I know I really wait for Tachikoma one XD

PS: HOLY GUACAMOLE ! Lumos did Like my post!? *sound of refilled motivation*
    KyleKatarnGhostazarashiVenkmanHakureiUrODelAMorky2016
  • GhostazarashiGhostazarashi
    First Assault Rep: 890
    edited December 4, 2016
    Really awesome art, Danda. I really like Gashadokuro, it looks so damn badass.

Orithyia is my new bae, after Maven of course xD. But, MOAR PURPLE.

Anyway, your work really is good quality, keep it up. The Tachikoma one is in the making as I'm speeding my work with more quality, can't let you get all the fame eh?

xD
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited December 16, 2016

"HEY HEY!
    HEY HEY HEY!
    REPORTING FOR ACTION!"

Hello people! how do You do? Cause I'm definitely doing better than before recently. Besides the new Tachikoma being finished (Wallpaper version coming soon ;)) I have some great news to share! I officially got a table at Artist Alley of Akumakon convention :D ! I'll try my best to promote both: my shabby skills and our beloved game and community! Much to be done before that but I surely have some fine motivation now to back me up, even if it costs me a few all-nighters, so expect more things to appear in demi-rapid succession (mostly coloring of older arts, yes also more detailed Lumos & Raziel in my design of operative outfits from old linearts :D )
    KodaiganHakureiVenkmanxochildUrODelAMorky2016KyleKatarn
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited December 16, 2016
    @Dandare Congrats on getting a table! That's so awesome! Take pictures and such! Hope you have a great con and maybe get some commission work too! ;)

Love the tachi by the way, I'm sure @Xochild will be very happy about finally having one. :P
    Dandarexochild
  • xochildxochild
    First Assault Rep: 3,725
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 17, 2016
    Venkman
    Venkman said:

Love the tachi by the way, I'm sure @Xochild will be very happy about finally having one. :P
    Hm...it's almost as if you know me too well.......... xD

Awesome job!
    DandareVenkman
  • DandareDandare
    edited December 22, 2016
    Keeping up the promise I use every free moment to prepare for printing order (or try to finish some commissions XD)

In that theme, say hello to:

RAZIEL

I really hop Raz will like it and let's treat it as an early Christmas present :) ? Also: MP7!!! The best audio format: 950 RPM with 735 m/s XD

More to come soon XD !
    Morky2016VenkmanHakureiUrODelA
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited December 22, 2016
    Merry Christmas @Dandare!
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited February 1
    <center><h1><b>I'm BACK!</b></h1></center>

Well after rather prolonged absence I'm ready to revive my shabby doodlish fanfic x fanart topic!

Some of You following Discord might've seen me appear to chat bit from time to time and know as to how the artsy things continued. The biggest downfall was me not being able to finish artbook sketches and lore edits etc... so artbook is still widely in progress and we still did not seen 3 members of "Unit 6" as well as many pieces of their gear. but let us begin with catch up! Some of the much earlier inked linearts did receive their deserved coloring. So let's begin with probably most awaited:
    LUMOS
    Lumiday7.png

In my own design of operative suit. Bit greenish. I've planned them s something that was designed based on IV WW uniforms used in jungle warfare. I though idea might be cool and add a bit variety. Like most cases: it was heavily inspired by in game pieces. And also MATEBA !!! Classics are best :). We can imagine now Lumos as field officer operative with Mateba s her officer gun blazing through some IV WW region ruins with mutated jungle flora... and possibly fauna *wink wink*

Then:
    NORIKO
    Progress_5.png

Most was said about her in her initial bio. Carrying 'rather light' but 'packing punch' weaponry she's meant for hunt and seek role in 'battlefield'. Though I admit she's prolly most shining in cyber-warfare. There is still much to be said about her on that note, like the children experimentation results involving her and something I would call for now "Emergent Algorithm DID" ;)
    KORYOU
    Progress7.png

Miss field commanding officer. Much more to be said about her. I admit the continued thought notion that making her loli-like was something I considered fun. Especially since she's meant to be CQC expert and when we put aside things like "mass" or "output of physical strength" in quite many cases small frame might be extreme asset in fight (only big downside is 'range' of someones actions/attacks). And cybernetization does allow us to put aside mass and strength factors A LOT. Also: who would expect hr to be dangerous up close? 1 sec ignorance: it's worth a loss in hands of expert XD. Same psychological play was already at work in some sci-fi classics like "Screamers"

That's it for now ! I'll be posting soon the full report on convention endeavor and list of 'what's next' and I really hope you guys will like it ^^!

Cyaa soon!

EDIT: Sadly as You guys can see - the bbcode still does not work on forum's new posts... thus neither headers nor pics show properly T_T
    EDIT2: The images work!!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧..... sadly headers I like to use so much still seem out of hand but well, whatever. I'm super glad that I can once more post images and soon update things further. Hope Y'all are happy about that as well :D
    VenkmanUrODelAManiacBatou
  • UrODelAUrODelA
    First Assault Rep: 3,310
    edited January 30
    @Dandare well, from your sneak peek on the carpet to that whole booth with banner & everything: mad skillz! ^^

...and yeah, lookin forward to some more jungle warfare ( Rangers lead the way!); but you have to bring in a 'CHOPPA' ...pretty please! ^^

addendum

...Screamers was ahead of it's time
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited February 2
    Thanks for continuous support UrODelA :D !

And I am happy to see you're also coming by Venkman.

As You all know over week ago I was joining in on Akumakon as one of invited artists. Most of You saw it but the stall looked more or less like:
    C3aMGuzWMAEwZzR.jpg:large

While it received quite few praises from committee - it was not much popular. Strangely enough I'm worried about Furries outdoing regular manga arts at Irish conventions. But no much on this topic... it's... personal vendetta ;)

The event was utterly fun and I had a good time there mostly due to very good organization of all that was happening, Artist Alley included. The dead end result was however:
    16 posters sold
    2 bags sold
    1 commission (on Groot XD)

On social side of things I must say that for unknown reasons western Ireland is much less aware or fond of Sci-fi anime genres and while hype over certain game with initials O.W. was all too present - most people did not know about Ghost in the Shell in general or (which dumbfounded me) even idea of mecha (in terms of Landmates and Powersuits of GitS lore).

So 3 things important to come!

All in all I have MUCH merchandise in terms of posters and currently gather info from my pro friends (and Akumakon art director ;) ) about opening an internet shop with posters and bags :D. So if anyone of You would like to have Lumos Operative poster or Bag with Tachikoma shouting "HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY! " then it'll be here! The pricing wil most probably be the same as one I used in convention (2EU on A3 poster and 7EU on cotton bag - bags are pricey to make T_T). And surely if idea launches well enough more will come.

As some of You know the artbook with lore and all things fanfic is still very much under construction. There is bunch of raw sketches. For instance we'll (finally ) meet soon male members of Unit 6 and Disrespect art is in queue for coloring :) (both versions of it XD). But if you're not all that keen on GAR things like that I still will provide two other interesting things as: lore-containing weapon and gear schemes are planned for soon future and faceworks (the sets of examples of facial expressions) of already known Unit 6 members. I also plan on creating Maven, Batou and/or Motoko arts... alas I already might tell I HATE riding on fandom like that. I I mean by that that while Maven is fine for fanarting - I dislike making own version of already extremely popular characters since I feel guilt for them being popular not for quality and at time not even for the 'characters' they show but for sheer popularity of their 'icon' :/. Sorry for this personal rant.

I am going Twitch! It was mentioned... over 2 months ago? Well I will be trying my best to join 'Twitch Creative' community to show how I am making those terrible doodles of mine :P. Some asked for it and there is a dim hope that also some of my gallery followers will join in on watch - and while there will be 1 other artsy project going on (as well as things like commissions) There will be much GitS things to be seen there.

ADD+ ULTRA!!!

I probably could and would make some community contest of sorts where to prices y shabby posters and bags could be added. It would be a real craic if Lumos could join in on Jury we would make it 'joint contest' and some in-game skins or other rewards will be included. If You guys are keen on this idea I might dwell upon it a bit and propose some ideas as to how execute it to make it fun. But if YOU GUYS have any ideas for fun GitS or GitS:FA themed contest please share :D! All is up in the air for now and I would love to see it take some shape :)
    UrODelA
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited February 2
    Awesome booth Dandare! Wow your prints and posters look great! You have shirts too? That's super cool! Sorry the furries got more attention than you, that is a down right shame. Silly furries :( I guess it's more of a trend at the moment than cyberpunk stuff, but that's ok, wait till the movie comes out! I bet once the new GITS movie comes out, people will be going bananas over sexy cyberpunk ladies ;)

I would love to have a contest with the community! I got slightly confused however, would you have your art as some of the prizes? It would be cool to do a community coloring contest of your art! If you are ok with that of course. You could post outlined characters that people could print out and color! I only suggest that because not everyone is super creative, but anyone can color! :)

Glad you are doing well, and I can't wait for your twitch channel, I will subscribe right away!
    DandareUrODelA
  • UrODelAUrODelA
    First Assault Rep: 3,310
    edited February 3
    @Dandare ...interesting thoughts through and through; especially the fact, that we share our 'interests' most likely in a 'bubble' of like-minded, already knowing hepcats ^^
    maybe after the release of the GitS LAM you will notice a spike in conversations about your artwork and projects. hopefully i can find some time to be present, when you step up to be the 'Bob Ross' of this community; happy little spidertanks and all! ^^

@Venkman ...oh, yes please! adult coloring books are a thing, even getting a more prominent role in the book market.
    DandareVenkman
  • DandareDandare
    edited February 15
    VALENTINES ARE OVER!!!

I hope we avoided too many casualties. With a bit of delay I bring promised GitS:FA themed short-comic. . And how was that day? Got any event related contents? :)

I HOPE YOU ENJOY!

being-amp-quot-competitive-amp-quot_o_7112563.jpg
    VenkmanHakureiKyleKatarnUrODelA
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited February 15
    Haha very cute @Dandare Happy Belated Valentines!
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited February 20
    Time for a thing which (as everything regarding me lately) is long due. I hope it'll lure back @Ghostazarashi and possibly @Kylekatarn . The long promissed :

VIRGIN KILLER SWEATER MAVEN!

tbd4pm.jpg

As always I ask forgiveness for my shabby style :P

Stil though: Maven is real fun character. She was also 1st one I actually choose as operative in game and she can be a true nightmare as a sniper on some maps. Not mention her sexappeal being a match to Major herself :) . Personally I find her Vanilla look most appealing. Bit tomboish short-cut hair and ebony skin make a nice refreshing balance. I sometimes wish to know the level of her cybernetization as well :3

Even so: approach with caution! (and be wary of weird solid light walls :P )
    GhostazarashiHakureiMorky2016KyleKatarnxochildUrODelAManiacBatou