[Fanfic/Fanart] Unit 6 HQ

Comments

• DandareDandare
    First Assault Rep: 3,095
    edited December 3, 2016
    HELLO PEOPLE!

Sadly once again reporting a little bit ill (common cold or flu I guess). But nonetheless I've managed to bring yet another colored piece! Considering that Orithyia is not part of Unit 6 and that Halloween miss-art was designed to contain more of a cosplay dressed characters: it's 1st time a member of "Unit 6" appears in color! And who is better for that than my most beloved guns'n'violence lover:

Tabitha Giselle Bernadette

Now... due to her lineart containing a literal wall of text and exhausting info on hr background and due to my head being prominently dizzy - I won't put any big text info this time. I do however encourage: comments, questions and discussion of any constructive or encouraging sort !

How You're doing fine, hope You enjoy and Cyaa soon!

PS: only few days before Akumakon announces official tables listing. Keep fingers crossed for me guys ;)
    HakureiKodaiganVenkmanMorky2016LumosNXAUrODelA
  • KodaiganKodaigan
    First Assault Rep: 1,940
    Member+
    edited December 2, 2016
    Ahem. I see boobs, I upvote.

I could give comments, but I ain't sure if they are constructive:
    - The red lines at the lower part of the body look at some parts discontinued (Where you can see a difference in color strength.)
    I don't know either why you stopped at some places to draw the red neon lines.
    - The feet look unproportionized to the upper leg-part. Like, smaller? (I wrote that in italic, because I cannot clearly see if it is too small or not.)
    - Jesus she has a huge rack.
    - The scope of the right weapon, it looks somewhat cut off. (Again, not sure here either.)
    - That line on the right leg just at the hip, looks off, as if she has 2 types of hip-bones.
    - The knife of the weapon on her back (left one) should be a bit longer, in terms of actuality and reality you couldn't stab someone with just a kitchen knife. Well, you could, but not on the battlefield. :x
    - Damn look at those mountains!

Hm....Other than that I got nothing else to say. :o
    Oh Oh! And get well soon, yo!

Hope it helps.

Best Regards
    Koda
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited December 3, 2016
    OH boy, as always very detailed (and thought through) criticism XD

Time to answer:
    -Red lines:
    Apparently this section was designed as an 'inbetween' of separate sections of suit which if flexed would luminescence a rd light but if kept tight would be enclosed by sections. I admit noticing discontinuations in coloring process but I thought it would in fact indicate more as to which sections are tense. Basically most of it consists of an idea that this red light is not really intensive. (hope I'm not writing in gibberish, if so: I blame my slight fever). Truthfully: with no discontinuations it might have looked better indeed...
    -Small feet:
    I know where this confusion might eb rooted. In fact if I'm right it's Tabi's overall anatomy XD. If You compare feet to head or hands (considering perspective) they suddenly... match? But to overall body they still seem small! But if You check further: both her torso and legs seem rather long. And here is the deal:
    Tabi is overall really BIG (no not only there =P ) she is meant to overall be over 190cm tall. In such cases feet admittedly get longer/larger but most females would have them in fact small compared to overall size of the body :)
    -Rack I:
    It's G-cup XD !
    -Well it's true but it's not a scope per say. You see: HRMG (or Handheld Rail Machine Gun) is not a very high prcision weapon on long distance so it's more of an advanced holo-sight system than a scope :)
    -Iliac spined !!!
    Well while I admit once colored the line indicating a rectus femoris muscle is seems bit deep this still should be safe. The 'bulb' you see is actually Anterior superior illac spine known for connecting tensor fasciae latiae muscle with... gluteus maximus. So 2 things we can read here is that: 1 Tabi holds some prominent muscles, 2 Tabi holds some prominent bottom (both true, she''s quite 'hourglass' if You know what I mean XD). Normally we do not see aforementioned spine however. Mainly since those sections of muscles mainly 'hold' other muscles and are not prominent unless someone is muscular. Secondly since muscles would need to be in high tension. I though pose provided including heavy things (no pun intended :P ) was enough.
    -Knifed:
    No excuse here. Longer would in fact really be more reliable in action. I put blame on my aesthetic sense here I guess :/
    -Rack II:
    ~ G-cup, full of JUSTICE XD !!! (well Tabi is big girl in many meanings. Basically partly as fun counterpart to her 'direct boss' Koryou, which is... well.. small xD)

Thanks for insightful comment!
    UrODelA
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 5,655
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2, 2016
    As always Dandare, great work! Sorry to hear you are a bit under the weather again, hope you get better soon!

I can't remember if I asked this before, but how are you getting your art digital? Are you drawing by hand and then scanning in? How do you paint them? If you are using Illustrator at all I can give you some tips, though you probably already know most of them.
    Dandare
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 7,270
    edited December 2, 2016
    THAT is the kind of justice i like to see!
    Hope you get a nice table at Akumakon !
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited December 5, 2016
    As always thanks for the support, and special thanks for the wishes of coming back to health ^^; . To be on a safe site of halth I won't be coming to work on Monday but I feel good enough to get there day after. Meantime I was not idly laying around and on request of gallery follower and commissioner of Orithyia I've prepared something special! Basically I was asked to create a simple gradient background wallpaper of Orithyia, but since I've had bit of free time and all the .xcf I could need... why not put all images in gradient wallpapers =) ?

Hope You guys like them and maaaybe even someone will put one on their PC :3?
    Also sorry for this sudden competition @Ghostazarashi but we all know your's are way more chic. And I know I really wait for Tachikoma one XD

PS: HOLY GUACAMOLE ! Lumos did Like my post!? *sound of refilled motivation*
    KyleKatarnGhostazarashiVenkmanHakureiUrODelAMorky2016
  • GhostazarashiGhostazarashi
    First Assault Rep: 890
    edited December 4, 2016
    Really awesome art, Danda. I really like Gashadokuro, it looks so damn badass.

Orithyia is my new bae, after Maven of course xD. But, MOAR PURPLE.

Anyway, your work really is good quality, keep it up. The Tachikoma one is in the making as I'm speeding my work with more quality, can't let you get all the fame eh?

xD
    Dandare
  • DandareDandare
    edited December 16, 2016

"HEY HEY!
    HEY HEY HEY!
    REPORTING FOR ACTION!"

Hello people! how do You do? Cause I'm definitely doing better than before recently. Besides the new Tachikoma being finished (Wallpaper version coming soon ;)) I have some great news to share! I officially got a table at Artist Alley of Akumakon convention :D ! I'll try my best to promote both: my shabby skills and our beloved game and community! Much to be done before that but I surely have some fine motivation now to back me up, even if it costs me a few all-nighters, so expect more things to appear in demi-rapid succession (mostly coloring of older arts, yes also more detailed Lumos & Raziel in my design of operative outfits from old linearts :D )
    KodaiganHakureiVenkmanxochildUrODelAMorky2016KyleKatarn
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 5,655
    edited December 16, 2016
    @Dandare Congrats on getting a table! That's so awesome! Take pictures and such! Hope you have a great con and maybe get some commission work too! ;)

Love the tachi by the way, I'm sure @Xochild will be very happy about finally having one. :P
    Dandarexochild
  • xochildxochild
    First Assault Rep: 3,225
    edited December 17, 2016
    Venkman
    Venkman said:

Love the tachi by the way, I'm sure @Xochild will be very happy about finally having one. :P
    Hm...it's almost as if you know me too well.......... xD

Awesome job!
    DandareVenkman