Planned Features 10/21 UPDATE

Comments

• LouiselotteLouiselotte
    First Assault Rep: 6,550
    edited August 20, 2016
    I'm betting on P90 soon, maybe this week. Someone asked about it on stream and Lumos did her signature "oooh" which means it's coming soonish. Also I'm not going to update the list for those since the update is coming next week and most of them are covered by another (albeit vague) listing.
  • W7D2K5W7D2K5
    First Assault Rep: 530
    edited August 20, 2016
    IMO They should priorities testing weapon before buying for new players. If my memory serves me right when I first start the game I didn't have money for market weapons until level 7 and I have hard time choosing my weapon. For the long term player have problem with game has not enough weapon right now but for beginners there is actually plenty of weapon for choosing. As right now I can grind 15 to 20k GP in one day with the rewards and all but If I start from 0 GP to buy new weapon I need to play 15 days and need as much GP as for the attachments. If I have that option when I first start the game I could have choose what weapon should I buy first and which attachments should I priorities first. I would have goal to play the game. I think there should be more unlockable weapons and attachments.

Another suggestion for beginners is level capped rooms. Maybe 1-5 or 1-10 so they don't feel overwhelmed by the high level players, learned the game mechanics, map layouts and so. I think clashing with high level players without knowing anything about the game is turn off for new players.

DrFrankenStein
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 3,260
    Member+
    edited August 21, 2016
    Louiselotte

I'm betting on P90 soon, maybe this week. Someone asked about it on stream and Lumos did her signature "oooh" which means it's coming soonish. Also I'm not going to update the list for those since the update is coming next week and most of them are covered by another (albeit vague) listing.
    The P90 was mentioned as one of them by Disrespect.

Also, KH-417 and its new skin will be free, though he didn't explain how yet.
  • TheTurkishMooseTheTurkishMoose
    First Assault Rep: 305
    edited September 9, 2016
    So here's some of my suggestions, coupled with some others in the thread just to highlight them again:

- Not rewarding enough: A lovely game that isn't rewarding. If you plan to lock stuff and make people buy stuff, don't just use it as an instrument to pressure people into playing your game as much as possible. I like the game-play, not grinding for ages to get stuff. I don't want to play everyday for hours just to purchase a gun or an attachment.

- Cooking grenades: The amount of times I've tried to peak around a corner and toss a nade, only to have it bounce of the wall in front of me merits the much needed addition of cooking a grenade!

- Toggle sprint: Pressing the sprint key once will keep your character sprinting until the W button is released. I prefer to play like this rather than holding the shift button down. You could make it dynamic. If the shift button is held for more than one second, make it so that when the button is released, the sprinting stops. If the shift button is only tapped, then the sprinting stops only when the W key is released.

- Deaths, no K/D ratio: I know why the Devs chose to show "K/D ratio" instead of deaths and kill separately - it is less likely to dis-encourage poor players as they cannot see exactly how bad they are doing. I however would like to know but there is no way for me to find out. Perhaps you could add a game-play option allowing us to see Kills and Deaths in stead of K/D but leave the K/D ratio as the default selection for new players.

- Points for surviving in Ghost Assault: This is an important one! When you survive an entire round of Ghost Assault, you should be rewarded with mega points. Instead, you're rewarded with absolutely nothing! That should be the most rewarding thing of all, right?

- Ensure challenges reward effort, not luck: There is currently an event challenge called "Two birds with one stone" where the player must kill 3 enemies with one grenade... twice! Firstly, that would be killing three birds with one stone! Secondly, that can only be achieved by luck and barely by skill. It's the last challenge of the five I need to achieve and I feel a bit robbed by the fact that I need to rely on Luck and brainless players to bundle together for me.

- Mute Tachikoma: Add the option to mute the Tachikoma. I don't play this game because I like anime, I play it because I like FPS games and this one is great! But when I hear the voice of a Tachikoma, it kills the experience for me. Just adding the simple option to mute the Tachikoma would greatly improve the experience for me and other like-minded players.

- Add more value to the sale price of upgrades: I don't ever use the physical ability upgrades but feel disappointed when the sale price is only 100GP. Some of the upgrades are 1000GP but I think the prices should be re-evaluated. 1000GP (or at least 500GP) for low end upgrades and 5000GP (or at least 2500GP)for high end upgrades

- Sell weapons and mods: if you can buy it from a store, you should be a able to sell it too! of course, it would be at a lower price but this feature would greatly benefit everyone.

- Choose what you unlock: I don't like having to unlock scopes and silences and barrels just because I want a specific grip. Would be nice if you could choose exactly what you wanted to unlock. Maybe you can and I don't know how to do it!

- Custom game mutators: What's the point of making custom game-modes if you can't customise the game play? Head shots only. snipers only, no heat-vision, longer re-spawn delay, less/ more health. Of course, the con here would be that people would not be able to earn XP or GP and ranked servers will be less populated as people would be playing custom games over ranked ones.

- instant melee: if an enemy is suddenly in my face, and option to execute or melee should be present. It's annoying to have to press the 3 key just to melee someone. By that time, they've already jumped around like a maniac and shot me in the face.

- Disable in-game music, not BGM (menu, lobby e.c.t): I like to hear foot-steps, not music. But I also like to be entertained whilst I'm waiting for a game or shopping. Two separate sound options for BGM and in-game music would be great!

-Map editor?: This would take the game to another level for me. I'm a level-designer myself and would love to create environments for this game. An ambitious suggestion that I would love to see some day!

That's all for now, thanks for reading!
    Deltree
  • hotmatrixxhotmatrixx
    First Assault Rep: 1,460
    edited September 12, 2016
    - Disable in-game music, not BGM (menu, lobby e.c.t): I like to hear foot-steps, not music. But I also like to be entertained whilst I'm waiting for a game or shopping. Two separate sound options for BGM and in-game music would be great!
    I wholeheartedly agree; and I have specifically requested of the DEMO BOMB PLANTED music to be muted.
    - Sell weapons and mods: if you can buy it from a store, you should be a able to sell it too! of course, it would be at a lower price but this feature would greatly benefit everyone.

I think the whole comminity +1 this; along with being able to try before you buy a weapon.
    - Ensure challenges reward effort, not luck: There is currently an event challenge called "Two birds with one stone" where the player must kill 3 enemies with one grenade... twice! Firstly, that would be killing three birds with one stone! Secondly, that can only be achieved by luck and barely by skill. It's the last challenge of the five I need to achieve and I feel a bit robbed by the fact that I need to rely on Luck and brainless players to bundle together for me.
    Agreed.
    - Toggle sprint: Pressing the sprint key once will keep your character sprinting until the W button is released. I prefer to play like this rather than holding the shift button down. You could make it dynamic. If the shift button is held for more than one second, make it so that when the button is released, the sprinting stops. If the shift button is only tapped, then the sprinting stops only when the W key is released.
    I've thought I might actuyally like the ability to toggle walking on/off myself.
    -Map editor?: This would take the game to another level for me. I'm a level-designer myself and would love to create environments for this game. An ambitious suggestion that I would love to see some day!
    maybe we'd see a better Urban City?
    - Points for surviving in Ghost Assault: This is an important one! When you survive an entire round of Ghost Assault, you should be rewarded with mega points. Instead, you're rewarded with absolutely nothing! That should be the most rewarding thing of all, right?
    Who even plays that?
  • LouiselotteLouiselotte
    edited September 12, 2016
    Thanks guys. This topic is meant PURELY to inform people of the features which the developers are working on or have plans for. If you would like to request new features/changes, then you're going to want to move it to a new thread. Currently, they are focusing on netcode issues and such to ensure more stable gameplay.
  • DarkfreedomDarkfreedom
    First Assault Rep: 1,020
    edited September 23, 2016
    Arm suit mechas? Like the Black Military ones from season 2?
  • lDarkllArglDarkllArg
    First Assault Rep: 300
    edited September 27, 2016
    I would love if the friend list feature is activated in South America server,
    It isn't possible to dive in play quick play with friends because of the lack of that feature.
  • MadRishiMadRishi
    First Assault Rep: 220
    edited November 6, 2016
    What about maps based on anime movies or series? Just suggest
  • Sash0Sash0
    First Assault Rep: 1,385
    edited November 7, 2016
    Louiselotte

- The bomb site indicators in DEMO mode are getting adjustments to be less intrusive
    Speaking of which. Terminal way-point are also great place to hide behind, by climbing on top of the terminal. The character remain well hidden behind the letter marker.
    In my opinion player should not be able climb on.

i.imgur.com/AXhnIU6.gifv
    Chobe
  • RiesuRiesu
    First Assault Rep: 840
    Member+
    edited November 9, 2016
    I'd love to see a Domination type game mode in the furutre.
    Domination = Similar to Terminal Conquest but there are multiple objectives that you need to hold in order to win. Each objective gives you 1 point and you need a total of 100 points in order to win. So, the more objectives you hold, the more points you get and the sooner the game ends.

This is just my suggestion for hopefully a future game mode.
    hotmatrixx
  • LouiselotteLouiselotte
    edited November 9, 2016
    Guys, this is the tread where I wrote up features that have been talked about by the devs. You're going to want to make new threads with any suggestions that you have.
    Venkmanhotmatrixx
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 3,660
    edited January 2
    This is nice to see after being gone so long
    Thanks for the post, Louiselotte!
  • mutronixmutronix
    First Assault Rep: 1,155
    edited January 11
    - Tachikoma customization will expand to have more features, and parts will cost GP in the market

I think it's better to make it unlockable and free than cost GP. It would be more fun to gain some sort of Tachikoma points for using it or geting Tachikoma kills. But make it a bit faster than unlocking attachments for guns.
    Veldrinhotmatrixx
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 1,950
    edited January 17
    A mission based pvp would be nice, like the first unreal tournament style. I really miss those game mods and not many game have that kind of thing and it really suits this game !

One side tries to complete objective and other side tries to defend objective/prevent the other team. A Scenario Maps ! Mix objectives like hostage rescue, bomb the wall, capture the point, defend something like that, anything you can imagine in a single map ! Linear map styles that feels like a real team game ! We really need that mod !
    Venkman
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 2,150
    edited January 22
    They said in the stream that SMG and AR will become a more feelable split between playstyles. But what about the UMP. Status Quo the UMP is between SMG and AR. I just frightened if the UMP will lose it's status as Pseudo-Assault-Rifle. If this will come the UMP could become underpowered, except they differ the alterations between UMP and other SMGs. If they alterate UMP like all other SMGs the UMP will loss it's niché as Pseudo-AR and will only be a lazy slow SMG and because of that loss everything.
  • TeeLTeeL
    First Assault Rep: 555
    edited January 27
    Nice thread. Any chance the OP could be updated?
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 3,260
    Member+
    edited January 28
    F2020 will be nerfed in February.
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 1,950
    edited January 31
    One thing should be added on the list is Clan System, they said dev's workin' on it in the latest streaming. Also korea/japan game have that system already I guess...
    TeeL
  • TeeLTeeL
    First Assault Rep: 555
    edited January 31
    Almalexion wrote: »
    One thing should be added on the list is Clan System, they said dev's workin' on it in the latest streaming. Also korea/japan game have that system already I guess...

Is that a system that might allow more than 3 freinds to join a group then? :D