Supply Drop - SEPT. 22, 2016

LumosNXALumosNXA
First Assault Rep: 16,445
Member, Administrator
edited September 21, 2016 in Patch Notes
Greetings, Operatives. In this Supply Drop, we are introducing a new prototype map for you to test out for the next two weeks, called Train Station. We are also adding a new assault rifle, a weapon skin, operative chipsets for Kuro, weapon balancing, and more! Review your Supply Drop below.

MAP
Train Station – Demolition

Our third prototype map has arrived, and this time it’s for all of our Demolition lovers. The Train Station map is full of cover spots for extra stealth and ambush opportunities. Try strategizing with your team and take advantage of the corridors and connected rooms using tactical gameplay. Remember, your feedback during the prototype phase is crucial and we would love to hear your thoughts as you play and explore the map. Please head to our forums to leave us your feedback and suggestions!

WEAPON
AR: F2020 – A bullpup assault rifle with a long barrel for increased accuracy.

WEAPON SKIN
SEO MPX: DESERT – A digital pattern for work in arid conflict zones.

WEAPON SIGHTS
QUICK POINT S1 – Now available for the M4A1, K22, AK 47, ACR1-G2, S25-R. SC-AR 45, KH-417, F-MAS G1, Seburo C-30

ABILITY CHIPSETS
KURO: EMP DELIVERY – EMP placement distance: +100%, Skill cooldown: +20%

KURO: EMP SHOCK – EMP damage increase: +200%, Skill cooldown +20%

KURO: EMP SPARK – EMP detonation time: -50%, Skill cooldown: +20%

WEAPON BALANCE
SMG
- KRIS-SV accuracy has been increased from 50→ 55
- SEO MPX damage has been increased from 29→30
AR
- ACR1-G2 stability has been increased from 49→ 52
- S25-R damage has been increased from 32→ 33 and stability has been increased from 48→ 51
SR
- Adjusted body damage value from 90% damage to 95% damage
- Adjusted arm/leg damage value from 80% damage to 85% damage
SG
- 870-ICS effective range has been decreased from 10m→ 8m
- USS 12 effective range has been decreased from 8m→ 7m

SYSTEMS
Shooting Range
We’ve been keeping an eye on your feedback as the game has progressed, and one of the top suggestions we have seen is being able to test out weapons before purchasing them. We want you to be able to spend your hard earned GP on weapons that you enjoy using. We are excited to announce that the Shooting Range is now open for all weapons in the Market, allowing you to test before purchasing! Dive in and let us know what you think of this new feature.

Spawn Protection
Reduced from 6 to 5 seconds. However, only the first 3 seconds are guaranteed. If a weapon or ability is used during the last 2 seconds, Spawn Protection will be immediately dropped.

MISCELLANEOUS
• Various multi-language strings and UI fixes
• Added notice that Shooting Range cannot be entered while in match lobby
• Removed enemy name tag displayed behind Maven’s Therm-Optic Barrier and smoke from Smokebomb grenades
ALightbringerTarkinLouiselotteAim2gDeDarkstar

Comments

• ALightbringerALightbringer
    First Assault Rep: 835
    edited September 22, 2016
    Thanks,we all appriciate the great job....i cannot wait to jump in and try the new map myself,as for the weapon,i belive i may pass that....oh wait,no,i will test it out-Thank you for adding the testing feature,we needed it badly....

Perhaps we could see new melee next?...one can hope,no? D: ....ahh telescopic baton.....*drooling*...anyway,thanks again,and could we get some info for general ideas for the future.....perhaps tachikoma related.....*cough* sorry,im yet again getting ahead of myself....that comment was ment as a thanks,dammit....

...Sigh,just me been me,Thanks,and i cannot wait to see what you have in store!
    Tarkin
  • TarkinTarkin
    First Assault Rep: 2,245
    Member+
    edited September 21, 2016
    LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

• Removed enemy name tag displayed behind Maven’s Therm-Optic Barrier and smoke from Smokebomb grenades
    Oh boy, I reported this in december, I'm very glad to see this change. :D
    ALightbringer
  • scikscik
    First Assault Rep: 3,505
    Member+
    Are netcode fixes not part of this patch? If not will they be coming in a later patch some time soon?

P.S I love that you've buffed the S25-R, my favourite AR to use :3
    ALightbringer
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,445
    Member, Administrator
    scik
    scik said:

Are netcode fixes not part of this patch? If not will they be coming in a later patch some time soon?

Unfortunately no, further testing needs to be done. Hopefully next month.
    ALightbringer
  • SergeiPavlovSergeiPavlov
    First Assault Rep: 1,600
    Really disappointed with Kuro's Chipsets.

As I predicted here, the team has decided to give him over-powered Chipsets instead of fixing the base Ability. Now everyone playing Kuro will be forced to use one of his Ability Chipsets, something that's not required with any other character.
    Player48105ALightbringer
  • ForestWolfForestWolf
    First Assault Rep: 2,715
    Member+
    Thanks for the patch notes, Lumy.
    Seems like a good balance inside the drop between new content, weapon balancing and bug fixes. Its sad the netcode fix didnt get ready on time, but better you do it one time right than throw a quick and dirty fix that introduces more problems than it fixes.

@SergeiPavlov: you are right that kuro gets forced to use the chips now, but we have to wait and test how strong the EMP Delivery and EMP Spark gonna be. Might be its that strong that it balances out the locked chip.
    ALightbringer
    I also find disheartening to see such a scarce amount of content and fixes for a patch in the Beta stage of development.

Compare it to this, another F2P game with only a slightly bigger player-base.

And if you want to cry, compare it to the last patch for Elite Dangerous, which is not the most played game in the world, either.
    ALightbringer
    ForestWolf

Seems like a good balance inside the drop between new content, weapon balancing and bug fixes. Its sad the netcode fix didnt get ready on time, but better you do it one time right than throw a quick and dirty fix that introduces more problems than it fixes.

@SergeiPavlov: you are right that kuro gets forced to use the chips now, but we have to wait and test how strong the EMP Delivery and EMP Spark gonna be. Might be its that strong that it balances out the locked chip.
    If they are using the chipsets to test the waters and see what works and what doesn't, that could be a good idea, as long as they fix the Ability itself later.
    ALightbringer
  • scikscik
    First Assault Rep: 3,505
    Member+
    SergeiPavlov

ForestWolf

If they are using the chipsets to test the waters and see what works and what doesn't, that could be a good idea, as long as they fix the Ability itself later.
    Well they have said that the current chipsets are in beta and are subject to changes, so hopefully what you've said is true and this is just a test because those chipsets on their own are plain OP; there's no penalty for using them.
    ALightbringerSergeiPavlov
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,310
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Thank you for the update! Looking forward to some new stuff, can't wait to start TESTING and giving FEEDBACK to the team!
  • fkss3577fkss3577
    First Assault Rep: 520
    Very nice patch, thanks a lot for the new map, weap and the shooting range. Now we should be able to spend our GP more wisely.

However, i think the majority of the playerbase would be grateful for a resell option. Are you guys planning on implementing that in the near future? The shooting range sure helps in deciding which guns to buy in the future, but we should be able to resell guns we bought before the implementation of the shooting range.

Thanks a lot, keep up the good work :D
  • DeDarkstarDeDarkstar
    First Assault Rep: 615
    nice update but i have one question
    did the Dev. Team improved the hitboxes ?

and i think the F2000 is a wrong idea cause the game needs more Grenades, Knifes, Pistols of corse and SG or SR are needed too ^^

at this moment we have enougth AR´s ^^
  • KaldrKaldr
    First Assault Rep: 200
    The ability to test Market weapons on the Shooting Range is great, I really appreciate this feature. Is there any intention to have the same feature for Armory weapons? Specifically when you are adding unpurchased weapon mods to a gun that you own you can't test it in the Shooting Range. Feels weird being able to test out every mod on a Market gun that you don't own and not being able to do the same with your Armory guns.

As for the rest of the patch, I look forward to playing the new map and seeing how the new weapon balance plays out.

Keep up the good work.
    I've been playing for one hour and there are plenty more changes than those in the patch notes.

Why haven't they been reported?

Is it a problem with the translation? If the team can't relay this type of information in time to be translated, I'd rather have it in Korean and use Google Translate.
    TarkinJiisuki
    LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

scik
    scik said:

Unfortunately no, further testing needs to be done. Hopefully next month.
    @LumosNXA, the game is in a state of steady decline. Look at the Steam charts.

I am not sure the team has one month (and then, only "hopefully") to fix this.

The game is unplayable this evening. The chat is on fire with people saying they are going to uninstall.

I hope you understand how serious the situation is.
    fkss3577
  • Player48105Player48105
    First Assault Rep: 2,710
    new map is awsome! i love it so much (normally i play TC). much better than last new maps.
  • flyklmflyklm
    First Assault Rep: 550
    LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

SR
    - Adjusted body damage value from 90% damage to 95% damage
    - Adjusted arm/leg damage value from 80% damage to 85% damage
    Can someone explain this?
  • ForestWolfForestWolf
    First Assault Rep: 2,715
    Member+
    Now Lumy, post us ALL the changes made in this patch.
    You absolutely destroyed the performance for me! Before this drop I played with constant 120 frames and drops to around 40-60 (for example when killing enemies). Now I play on 40-60 frames with drops to 20...
    Minilags everywhere: on spawning, on killing an enemy (disregarding the missions), on headshots, on dying, on skill sync, ON ANY ACTION my frames drop from 60 to 20-30...insane.
    SergeiPavlov
  • TarkinTarkin
    First Assault Rep: 2,245
    Member+
    Yeah, patch log seems kinda uncompleted. I noticed new icons for battle performance and changed Operator's voice lines for termo-optic camo.
    ForestWolf

Now Lumy, post us ALL the changes made in this patch.
    You absolutely destroyed the performance for me! Before this drop I played with constant 120 frames and drops to around 40-60 (for example when killing enemies). Now I play on 40-60 frames with drops to 20...
    Minilags everywhere: on spawning, on killing an enemy (disregarding the missions), on headshots, on dying, on skill sync, ON ANY ACTION my frames drop from 60 to 20-30...insane.
    This is my experience, and everyone else I was playing with.