Supply Drop - SEPT. 22, 2016

Comments

• ForestWolfForestWolf
    First Assault Rep: 2,715
    Member+
    edited September 22, 2016
    SergeiPavlov

ForestWolf

Now Lumy, post us ALL the changes made in this patch.
    You absolutely destroyed the performance for me! Before this drop I played with constant 120 frames and drops to around 40-60 (for example when killing enemies). Now I play on 40-60 frames with drops to 20...
    Minilags everywhere: on spawning, on killing an enemy (disregarding the missions), on headshots, on dying, on skill sync, ON ANY ACTION my frames drop from 60 to 20-30...insane.
    This is my experience, and everyone else I was playing with.
    I told them to take out the calculations out of the matches as much as possible. What do they do? They implement new shiny different icons on kills, more calculations in combat and more hidden stuff running in the background overloading their own engine.
    SergeiPavlov
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,445
    Member, Administrator
    @ForestWolf @SergeiPavlov

Forest- sounds like performance issues. Send me your specs through PM, what maps/modes/etc
    Sergei-Please send me in detail what you're experiencing through PM.

Thanks!
  • DarKardinalDarKardinal
    First Assault Rep: 915
    So, this is what I've noticed so far.

1. Bullets are fired more slowly now, making most guns but the store bought MG's useless.
    2. It now takes more bullets to kill a single enemy (almost a full mag). This is either gun damage reduction or health increases.
    3. Hitboxes have been changed. Headshots are now based on luck- used to be at least a third of kills were headshots (20-30 kills avg). Now maybe 3-4 headshots per match if lucky.
    4. Grenades explode almost as soon as they hit the ground. No delay at all.
    5. Seems like the after-match point system has been revamped to give out fewer rewards.
    6. Game hangs on loading screen- 1 match will already be over before I'm synced in. This is with 14 ms ping. This was an issue since last update- now it's even worse since almost every match is like this.
    7. Aramaki and other mission personnel are speaking in another language from time to time (Korean maybe?).
    8. Game seems to move at a slow pace. Not only does it take more time for hits/kills to register, but pace itself is slower. Characters also seem to move slower.
    9. TC respawns take longer - this is noticeable when whole team is waiting to respawn. Enemy filled half the bar and capped terminal, before anyone respawned (this was a new terminal without the 2x or 3x boost).
    10. Intermittent lag spikes and performance drops - similar to @ForestWolf

Anyone notice a change to the Kusanagi models? They seem different somehow.

Will play some more to see what else has been changed.

bob492
  • SergeiPavlovSergeiPavlov
    First Assault Rep: 1,600
    LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

@ForestWolf @SergeiPavlov

Forest- sounds like performance issues. Send me your specs through PM, what maps/modes/etc
    Sergei-Please send me in detail what you're experiencing through PM.

Thanks!
    Done. Let me know what else I can do to help.
    DarKardinal

1. Bullets are fired more slowly now, making most guns but the store bought MG's useless.
    2. It now takes more bullets to kill a single enemy (almost a full mag). This is either gun damage reduction or health increases.
    3. Hitboxes have been changed. Headshots are now based on luck- used to be at least a third of kills were headshots (20-30 kills avg). Now maybe 3-4 headshots per match if lucky.
    5. Seems like the after-match point system has been revamped to give out fewer rewards.
    6. Game hangs on loading screen- 1 match will already be over before I'm synced in. This is with 14 ms ping. This was an issue since last update- now it's even worse since almost every match is like this.
    7. Aramaki and other mission personnel are speaking in another language from time to time (Korean maybe?).
    8. Game seems to move at a slow pace. Not only does it take more time for hits/kills to register, but pace itself is slower. Characters also seem to move slower.
    9. TC respawns take longer - this is noticeable when whole team is waiting to respawn. Enemy filled half the bar and capped terminal, before anyone respawned (this was a new terminal without the 2x or 3x boost).
    10. Intermittent lag spikes and performance drops - similar to @ForestWolf

Thanks for the report, @DarkKardinal. Keep them coming.

Damage hasn't been reduced, health increased, or hitboxes modified.

I am 99.9% sure the problem is network related: bad netcoding and server saturation leading to massive packet loss.

The question that comes to my mind, once and again, is: Does the game have the server capacity to handle the current player population? And, are servers up to the required specifications for gaming?
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,480
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    DarKardinal

The team is aware of this, it happens randomly it seems...

10. Intermittent lag spikes and performance drops
    Only noticed a bit of latency here and there but nothing consistent or big

Its weird seeing all these problems popping up for some people (and yes i believe you guys).
    Myself havent seen or noticed the crossed points.
    I might be extremely lucky :/?
    @Hakurei, could you share your PC specs?

I also suspect your extremely low ping may be related to your exceptional case. BTW, are you still getting 6ms today, or do you have a different value tonight?
  • HakureiHakurei
    SergeiPavlov

I also suspect your extremely low ping may be related to your exceptional case. BTW, are you still getting 6ms today, or do you have a different value tonight?
    Yep still rocking that 6ms on EUW and EUE.
    Specs: 1800MHz DDR3 8GB RAM, MSI 970 GTX (tiny amount overclock), i5 -4690K stock (im bad), game on a SSD, Windows 10 64 bit.
  • DarKardinalDarKardinal
    First Assault Rep: 915
    SergeiPavlov

Thanks for the report, @DarkKardinal. Keep them coming.

Damage hasn't been reduced, health increased, or hitboxes modified.

I am 99.9% sure the problem is network related: bad netcoding and server saturation leading to massive packet loss.

The question that comes to my mind, once and again, is: Does the game have the server capacity to handle the current player population? And, are servers up to the required specifications for gaming?
    Game was better before the patch for me.

You said that damage , health & hit haven't been changed. It could have been unintentional. I've personally seen a single patch undo 2 years worth of patches and system overhauls. It's not uncommon. Though I agree, at least in part, that there are some serious network issues.

Anyways, I played some more.

1. Noticed that if I remove all attachments it makes all weapons more accurate/deadly. With barebones I can get more headshots, use less bullets to kill, etc. Tested on most ARs and SMGs. Have yet to try MG and SR. Something is definitely wrong and I don't think it's fully network issues.

2. Korean voice confirmed. I noticed it at the end of every TC round.

3. People with low ping (matching my 14-15 ms) are teleporting due to lag. Serious network problem here. Additionally some people are playing constantly with 260-1000 ping versus their normal 20-40.

4. People are also joining with 600,000+ ping. This was an issue before this patch.

5. New gun has very high rate of fire. F2020 can out gun the fastest of SMGs.

That's it for now.

EDIT: People are also having trouble with the commands (ex. charge, capture the terminal, etc.). They aren't spamming, it keeps activating and loops. So every other line will be the command "I'm capturing terminal".
    SergeiPavlov
    Hakurei
    Hakurei said:

SergeiPavlov

Yep still rocking that 6ms on EUW and EUE.
    Specs: 1800MHz DDR3 8GB RAM, MSI 970 GTX (tiny amount overclock), i5 -4690K stock (im bad), game on a SSD, Windows 10 64 bit.
    It's definitely something to do with your ping. I don't know. Your PC specs can't explain why you get consistent performance.
  • Player48105Player48105
    First Assault Rep: 2,710
    Curious...yesterday i've played 2 or 3 hours on West EU and i noticed no problems. No lags, no netcode related (!!!) problems...it was pure fun for me.

There's only one thing. I started with a ping of 45 ms which is a bad value for me. But after one or two matches I got my old ping times back (30-35).
    Player48105

Curious...yesterday i've played 2 or 3 hours on West EU and i noticed no problems. No lags, no netcode related (!!!) problems...it was pure fun for me.

There's only one thing. I started with a ping of 45 ms which is a bad value for me. But after one or two matches I got my old ping times back (30-35).
    @Player48105, @Hakurei, do you play through Steam or just the Nexon Launcher?
  • Player48105Player48105
    First Assault Rep: 2,710
    SergeiPavlov

Steam. Today i'll have a look at my FPS. Yesterday i didnt activate the MSI Afterburner FPS Overlay...because the game runs smooth and my KDR was really good....there was nothing to troubleshoot. ;)

and again...no single "kill on corner thing" (for almost 3 hours)....that has impressed me most. just luck???
    Player48105

SergeiPavlov

Steam. Today i'll have a look at my FPS. Yesterday i didnt activate the MSI Afterburner FPS Overlay...because the game runs smooth and my KDR was really good....there was nothing to troubleshoot. ;)

and again...no single "kill on corner thing" (for almost 3 hours)....that has impressed me most. just luck???
    It just baffles me that you, Hakurei and I guess that a few others are not having issues, while the majority of us have severe problems while playing the game.
  • HakureiHakurei
    edited September 23, 2016
    SergeiPavlov

Player48105

Steam Launcher :)
  • Naia_IXNaia_IX
    First Assault Rep: 610
    am looking forward to playing through this update properly this evening , so glad there is going to be new demo map and they've slightly buffed the SEO-MpX.
    will report back any issues noticed :)
  • VreeeVreee
    First Assault Rep: 875
    I've spotted one issue so far: you can test weapons and attachments from the market all you like but if you have the weapon already you cant test it with different attachments in shooting range
  • RyadaRyada
    First Assault Rep: 1,555
    Member+
    flyklm
    flyklm said:

LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

SR
    - Adjusted body damage value from 90% damage to 95% damage
    - Adjusted arm/leg damage value from 80% damage to 85% damage
    Can someone explain this?
    Snipers do more damage no matter where you hit.
  • CyBeR_JunkyCyBeR_Junky
    First Assault Rep: 1,265
    Yet agen more bugs & no hotfixing , bad supported game :-(
  • flyklmflyklm
    First Assault Rep: 550
    Ryada
    Ryada said:

flyklm
    flyklm said:

LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

SR
    - Adjusted body damage value from 90% damage to 95% damage
    - Adjusted arm/leg damage value from 80% damage to 85% damage
    Can someone explain this?
    Snipers do more damage no matter where you hit.
    Yeye, I get it, but.. why? Didn't see anyone complaining about snipers being UP. Also, I thought chestshot at optimal range inflicts 100 damage and not 90 or 95.