Comments

• LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,085
    Administrator
    edited September 23, 2016
    SergeiPavlov

Player48105

SergeiPavlov

@Player48105, @Hakurei, do you play through Steam or just the Nexon Launcher?
    Steam. Today i'll have a look at my FPS. Yesterday i didnt activate the MSI Afterburner FPS Overlay...because the game runs smooth and my KDR was really good....there was nothing to troubleshoot. ;)

and again...no single "kill on corner thing" (for almost 3 hours)....that has impressed me most. just luck???
    It just baffles me that you, Hakurei and I guess that a few others are not having issues, while the majority of us have severe problems while playing the game.
    This is what's a bit frustrating for us as well - inconsistency. In any case, thank you guys for the PMs and the info. By the way, if any of you who are experiencing the same issues, could record a video of these things happening, it'll really help us out pinpoint the issue as well.
  • Naia_IXNaia_IX
    First Assault Rep: 610
    edited September 24, 2016
    So having played for a few hours last night,,, it seems EVEN quicker to now die. if you see another player, you either kill or be killed. there is no option of engaging, taking a bit of damage and then nipping back round a corner. The game seems even jerkier and the amount of times i think i've retreated round a corner and then died a split second later was unreal.

I do wish the game play was the focus of updates. There was nothing wrong with the after game reward system so why change it to these new combat badges and implement other quirks that ultimately are unnecessary at the moment.

bob492
  • SergeiPavlovSergeiPavlov
    First Assault Rep: 1,560
    @LumosNXA, yesterday I applied the new WIndows Anniversary Update, uninstalled a bunch of programs and updated my Nvidia drivers to the latest version. I played a few matches in the evening peak hours and my performance was drastically improved. I could still see people teleporting around me and such, but my gun was shooting bullets without hitches (no shooting stutter), activating skills instantly, and my movement was fluid. The experience was very positive in general.

Maybe the issue is software related. Some kind of incompatibility? I will keep testing.

But it's still very odd. None of the programs I uninstalled should have had any impact in the game whatsoever, the new WIndows Anniversary Update has to be manually downloaded, and the new Nvidia drivers are 3 days old...
    [Deleted.]

• bob492bob492
    First Assault Rep: 655
    edited September 25, 2016
    It's getting to the point that if I approach an enemy and aim down on them, I may as well close my eyes after that. It gets jerky and the SC-AR I have been enjoying up until now might get maybe a couple of body hits, but I don't know if I got any headshots at all. Has stability been reduced? It seems to jump around way more than it usedta.

I read the list of weapon changes that were supposed to be in effect, but it certainly feels like there have been other changes made.

The new map seemed ok but I was never able to see an enemy for long before they drilled me, so the lagging maybe wasn't happening to everyone on the server.

-using Steam launcher, no hardware or driver changes recently.

[Edit sometime later]
    Ok so performance started approaching normal again, late at night, so I guess the artifacts I have been struggling with in the last few days are more server related. Are the servers just not able to handle a busy network environment? My ping is usually pretty low on the Aus server, but the game is almost unplayable during the day or early evening. Not going to be popular if you can only play it after midnight.
  • scikscik
    First Assault Rep: 3,505
    Member+
    edited September 25, 2016
    Naia_IX
    Naia_IX said:

So having played for a few hours last night,,, it seems EVEN quicker to now die. if you see another player, you either kill or be killed. there is no option of engaging, taking a bit of damage and then nipping back round a corner. The game seems even jerkier and the amount of times i think i've retreated round a corner and then died a split second later was unreal.

I do wish the game play was the focus of updates. There was nothing wrong with the after game reward system so why change it to these new combat badges and implement other quirks that ultimately are unnecessary at the moment.

To be honest here, Nexon doesn't really have anything to do with actual content, they just get the latest version from Neople and test it for any bugs and maybe provide some of their own feedback. Nexon however is responsible for dealing with netcode (the main issue here), cheating or anything server related.
    Naia_IX
  • Naia_IXNaia_IX
    First Assault Rep: 610
    edited September 26, 2016
    @scik - Thanks for that, I wasn't specifically aiming the whine at Nexon.... just saying that instead of adding more and more quirky items to the updates, the netcode should be the absolute priority. I'm slowly loosing interest in this game due to the unpredictability of the servers.

Playing on saturday, the players at top of leader boards consistently either had stupidly low (5-9ms) pings or stupidly high (60 - 100ms) pings.

I don't know any other game that actually seems to favour someone to have a laggy connection. It seems that they are still able to play smoothly and normally as even though slightly delayed we are moving smoothly to them.... but when the people who have 'normal' (10-25/30 ms) pings encounter them, then it's our screens that jerk and jump ... not the laggy players. either that or they are so used to having a laggy connection they have learnt to adapt.
    edited September 26, 2016
    Naia_IX
    Naia_IX said:

@scik - Thanks for that, I wasn't specifically aiming the whine at Nexon.... just saying that instead of adding more and more quirky items to the updates, the netcode should be the absolute priority. I'm slowly loosing interest in this game due to the unpredictability of the servers.

Playing on saturday, the players at top of leader boards consistently either had stupidly low (5-9ms) pings or stupidly high (60 - 100ms) pings.

I don't know any other game that actually seems to favour someone to have a laggy connection. It seems that they are still able to play smoothly and normally as even though slightly delayed we are moving smoothly to them.... but when the people who have 'normal' (10-25/30 ms) pings encounter them, then it's our screens that jerk and jump ... not the laggy players. either that or they are so used to having a laggy connection they have learnt to adapt.
    High-ping players have a really poor performance, but they have the advantage of Lag Shield. You shoot at them, the server says they were not there, and they don't receive damage.

In the same way there's no game that favours low-end over high-end graphic cards, I find stupid when MM games don't penalize people with bad internet connections, giving an advantage to those that spend their hard-earned money on more bandwidth and better ISP's.
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 3,085
    Member+
    edited September 27, 2016
    Also, about the high ping getting lag shield, I think they may also have shield iron maiden, as some time I get hits and kills when I'm pretty sure my aim wasn't anywhere over their bodies.
  • SchnuffelpuhSchnuffelpuh
    First Assault Rep: 510
    edited September 27, 2016
    "- SEO MPX damage has been increased from 29→30"
    More like the other Way round hm? but more like down to 25 or something, before the update i was able to kill everyone with 4 hits (only dmg barrel) now i cant even 4 hit someone with the +10% dmg attachment.