Supply Drop - OCT. 27, 2016

LumosNXALumosNXA
First Assault Rep: 16,445
Member, Administrator
edited November 1, 2016 in Patch Notes
Greetings, Operatives. In this Supply Drop, we are introducing the Headquarters map to Demolition and TDM. We are also adding a new sniper rifle, new Signature operative skins, player suggestions, and more! Review your Supply Drop below.

MAP
Headquarters – Demolition, Team Deathmatch

We’ve heard your feedback, and we’re finally bringing the Headquarters map into the Demolition and Team Deathmatch rotation! This map has been well loved in our Alpha game mode, Ghost Assault, and we’re happy to bring it to our other game modes. Remember to head over to the forums to leave us your feedback on this map for balancing purposes on each mode!

WEAPON
SR: MM200 – A sniper rifle fitted for specialty rounds. Its effective firing range and accuracy are unsurpassed.

WEAPON SKIN
AK47: STREET SWEEPER – A special skin created by the players from the First Assault Community Summit, July 2016. This skin is not available for purchase.

OPERATIVE SKINS
SAITO: SIGNATURE – Saito's street clothes still have a few key enhancements for unexpected trouble.

MAVEN: SIGNATURE – Maven’s classic outfit was perfect for tropical climates or heated fights.

PLAYER SUGGESTIONS
• Implemented function to select a reason for kicking a player when using Vote Kick option
• Shooting Range can now be entered from the Armory when you have unpurchased attachments equipped
• Weapon damage over 100 is now accurately displayed for all weapons
• On Random Team Deathmatch maps (PSS9, Downtown Dejima, Neon Ruins, and Headquarters), Spawn Protection now lasts a total of 3 seconds. However, if a weapon, grenade, or ability is used, Spawn Protection will immediately be dropped.

SYSTEMS
Chipsets
All Ability Chipset sockets can now be unlocked, for a total of three available sockets. These sockets can be unlocked with TP, and may already be unlocked for players who have accumulated enough TP before this update. We have also removed all negative attributes from Ability Chipsets.

MISCELLANEOUS
• MVP scene added to show the top player of each team before match results
• Adjusted general sight range to include vision haze effect at longer distances
• Multi-language string and UI fixes
• Added new DLC called First Strike Crate
• Tachikoma hacking time in Terminal Conquest reduced to 10 seconds from 20 seconds and damage upon successful hack reduced to 500 from 1000
LaughingFoxPlayer48105DisbreakNSash0Morky2016TarkinArkrevKawaccinoMidlordConeand 6 others.

Comments

• P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,855
    edited October 26, 2016
    • Tachikoma hacking time in Terminal Conquest reduced to 10 seconds from 20 seconds and damage upon successful hack reduced to 500 from 1000
    ^oh sweet hacking was such a pain especially when you died just before completion.
    My other pet peeve is how snowbally tachikomas are in tc but I think this will help a lot.

Spawn protection fix too!

Very cool patch!

And clans and pts being around the corner, this game is really shaping up.
    LivingHell
  • HilliHilli
    First Assault Rep: 2,290
    Member+
    edited October 27, 2016
    I really like the changes that you can equiped all three grenn chips that will focus the abilities, they are the strength of this game all other aspects are not really different to other shooters.
    In the future it woud be awsome when you create more ability chips, for differnt builds so that the abilities can be more and less usefull in difenrent maps and situations and gamemods.
    I dont like that the chips have no debuff the last debuff was very ... and not smart considered, only cooldown reduction meh. I remember there was only two chips by Togusa they had a different debuff and he was the only one I thought what would be better. Create the buffs and debuffs so that the ability is effected by both
    for example Borma: + 20 % regeneration speed / -3 max health.
    A other point is ,the blue chips are useless, because there buff is to low. The job of them is to reduce the requirements that you can ofter use your skill than people with out them and that not happened with them. So they need a upgrade maybe create other they give you a larger buff and a larger debuff too.
    One thing Iprefer is the debuff of the red chips. I think it could be more sense when they give you a debuff on the ability requirements , although the blue give you dubuffs on your physik stats. Players with an active ability have an advantege over guys without always. With this changes will players choose, ofter my ability ready and a bit lower physik stats or better physik stats and much more ability requirements.
  • DisbreakNDisbreakN
    First Assault Rep: 1,100
    edited October 27, 2016
    Good patch thanks but weapons nerfed for balance ? (f2020)
    P4prik4
  • TarkinTarkin
    First Assault Rep: 2,245
    Member+
    edited October 27, 2016
    I thought it's going to be bigger. :P
    BTW Something new about Q&A and dev roadmap?
  • ArkrevArkrev
    First Assault Rep: 1,120
    edited October 27, 2016
    Looks to me like a really good update ! I'm wondering what the MVP scene is ( loss of time / funny thing / best moment ? )
  • KawaccinoKawaccino
    First Assault Rep: 1,660
    Member+
    edited October 27, 2016
    Is there an option to skip the MVP scene (and all the other very boring and useless screens at the end of each match)?
    MorthiluZiPsyCHo
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 4,235
    Member+
    edited October 27, 2016
    LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

MAVEN: SIGNATURE – Maven’s classic outfit was perfect for alien world climates or samba disco fights.
    I corrected the line.

More seriously, the update sounds very good. Regarding Maven's new skin, that's a joke on why I don't love the new skin; but I don't really hate it. Having a new choice skin for her is appreciated.
    TarkinKawaccino
  • uZiPsyCHouZiPsyCHo
    First Assault Rep: 720
    edited October 27, 2016
    Kawaccino
    Kawaccino said:

Is there an option to skip the MVP scene (and all the other very boring and useless screens at the end of each match)?
    2nd that.
    Kawaccino
  • LivingHellLivingHell
    First Assault Rep: 1,270
    Member+
    edited October 27, 2016
    Great!!!
    Keep your hard work and don't forget about the hacks. Solving our reports is a good starting point.
  • ArcadeAhriArcadeAhri
    First Assault Rep: 480
    edited October 27, 2016
    LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

MAP

PLAYER SUGGESTIONS
    • Implemented function to select a reason for kicking a player when using Vote Kick option
    • Shooting Range can now be entered from the Armory when you have unpurchased attachments equipped
    • On Random Team Deathmatch maps (PSS9, Downtown Dejima, Neon Ruins, and Headquarters), Spawn Protection now lasts a total of 3 seconds. However, if a weapon, grenade, or ability is used, Spawn Protection will immediately be dropped.

SYSTEMS
    Chipsets
    All Ability Chipset sockets can now be unlocked, for a total of three available sockets. These sockets can be unlocked with TP. We have also removed all negative attributes from Ability Chipsets.

MISCELLANEOUS
    • Adjusted general sight range to include vision haze effect at longer distances
    The map in Ghost Assault that is in the mode that no one plays for some reason? (Why is that anyways?)

I like player suggestions update.

Having no negatives on chipsets is going to be really overpowered for some ops when stacking x3 greens. I do not like this. (I'm looking at you Borma with increased duration + heath regen speed + forgot the other one). Chips will have to be tweaked to balance this.

MvP scene not needed, however a KILL CAM would be nice. Please include a short clip when you die of about 3seconds back to show your death. This can be great for accurately telling who's a cheater. (I can't tell you how often I get called one.)

That is all my feedback for now.
  • ZaiNuliZaiNuli
    First Assault Rep: 105
    edited October 27, 2016
    my issue only is for those who already have chips. the chips still have debuffs on them while the ones in shop do not. is the text there but the effect gone? or will we be compensated for the credits spent and the old ones removed? not exactly fair to those whove been playing a while and if low on credits, cant buy the chips.
    Kawaccino
  • ArcadeAhriArcadeAhri
    First Assault Rep: 480
    edited October 27, 2016
    ZaiNuli
    ZaiNuli said:

my issue only is for those who already have chips. the chips still have debuffs on them while the ones in shop do not. is the text there but the effect gone? or will we be compensated for the credits spent and the old ones removed? not exactly fair to those whove been playing a while and if low on credits, cant buy the chips.
    The debuff removed is ONLY for class chips. Not the red/blue ones everyone can use. The answer is no and your class ones were already changed to have the debuff removed.

• FrancTireurCHFrancTireurCH
    First Assault Rep: 1,210
    edited October 27, 2016
    Dont forget to verify steam cache integrity. Update a little unstable. PC side or server side?
  • AoqiAoqi
    First Assault Rep: 500
    edited October 27, 2016
    Okay, for some reason this update ruined the framerate for me. Before the patch I had consistent 140 fps, dipping to 70-80 in intense firefights. Now it's up to 50 fps, dipping to single digits. I know that the saying "literally unplayable" is cliche, but that's my experience now : /
    PC specs:
    Intel Xeon W3540
    R9 280X OC 3GB
    6 GB RAM

This setup handled Witcher 3 on high at constant 1080p/30 fps. There is no reason for this game to be more demanding.

Any advice how to tweak settings or maybe mess with CPU affinity?
  • PrymalPaynPrymalPayn
    First Assault Rep: 1,595
    edited October 28, 2016
    How to get the new AK skin please?

• AoqiAoqi
    First Assault Rep: 500
    edited October 28, 2016
    PrymalPayn

How to get the new AK skin please?

It's event only, so just watch the official stream and maybe you'll get lucky. At least that's what I remember @LumosNXA saying on the stream.

And about performance issues: seems like this patch somehow messed up CPU load balancing a bit. Setting the affinity to 2 cores/threads (other than the first) and then back to all cores seem to fix it, but unfortunately it has to be done manually every time :(

• EoxXenonEoxXenon
    First Assault Rep: 950
    edited October 28, 2016
    "Its effective firing range and accuracy are unsurpassed".
    Right, never saw effective range that bad on a sniper rifle. Unless they messed with the damage decay a tad, this new sniper is just visual fodder (not that it doens't look cool, but I already have the M99D for that, which is better).
  • Vacc1nationVacc1nation
    First Assault Rep: 490
    Member+
    edited October 28, 2016
    LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

Greetings, Operatives. In this Supply Drop, we are introducing the Headquarters map to Demolition and TDM. We are also adding a new sniper rifle, new Signature operative skins, player suggestions, and more! Review your Supply Drop below.

MAP

We’ve heard your feedback, and we’re finally bringing the Headquarters map into the Demolition and Team Deathmatch rotation! This map has been well loved in our Alpha game mode, Ghost Assault, and we’re happy to bring it to our other game modes. Remember to head over to the forums to leave us your feedback on this map for balancing purposes on each mode!

WEAPON
    SR: MM200 – A sniper rifle fitted for specialty rounds. Its effective firing range and accuracy are unsurpassed.

WEAPON SKIN
    AK47: STREET SWEEPER – A special skin created by the players from the First Assault Community Summit, July 2016. This skin is not available for purchase.

OPERATIVE SKINS
    SAITO: SIGNATURE – Saito's street clothes still have a few key enhancements for unexpected trouble.

MAVEN: SIGNATURE – Maven’s classic outfit was perfect for tropical climates or heated fights.

PLAYER SUGGESTIONS

SYSTEMS
    Chipsets
    All Ability Chipset sockets can now be unlocked, for a total of three available sockets. These sockets can be unlocked with TP. We have also removed all negative attributes from Ability Chipsets.

MISCELLANEOUS
    First off Headquarters as a Demo map... LOVE IT.
    It's design and layout is way better than Station, Station had NO mid and the entry points to it were very defense sided
    Headquarters however the entry points are very well design it's not so defense nor attack sided but it has a mid which actually is about a 2 way mid lane where I'm expecting most gun fights to take place, it's easy to flank in so watch your back! A bomb site is definitely the best to rush and protect IMO (I'm a long to mid range player).

Station needs to be worked way more on as a demo map <
    Fix the ENTRY points and add in a mid lane

Major FPS drops ingame lately because of the update <
    The haze effect from afar is abit ridiculous and needs to be taken out, people look like they're camo from far distances when they're not and it's hard too see (I play in LOW settings just for a smoother gameplay and I use a 3.4x scope. )

NETCODE ISSUES ANY NEWS? HELLLLLOOO! < < <

F2020 NEEDS i repeat NEEDS to be rebalanced and I even think the SA50 (IMO) is abit OP for an SR <

TDM <
    I don't play TDM at all but the spawns seem interesting I don't thnk this is a way too fix it but we'll see how it plays out

Team Line up at the end is nice but PLEASE fix it abit... GFX wise it looks plain add in some cool background and stuff and the MVP is dope as hell

That's about it in regards to this update... oh and that new AK skin? come to mama.
  • SchnuffelpuhSchnuffelpuh
    First Assault Rep: 510
    edited October 28, 2016
    I just played Ghost Assault with a premade 3 times.. still stuck at 2/3.. dived in another and still at 2/3 even tho i played 4 games :/

€: just restarted and now i got the quest.. but i logged out with 52k GP and now i have 34kGP... why?
  • MorthilMorthil
    First Assault Rep: 1,370
    edited October 28, 2016
    Schnuffelpuh

I just played Ghost Assault with a premade 3 times.. still stuck at 2/3.. dived in another and still at 2/3 even tho i played 4 games :/

€: just restarted and now i got the quest.. but i logged out with 52k GP and now i have 34kGP... why?
    http://forums.firstassault.nexon.net/discussion/4743/issue-database-server-issues#latest
    Venkman