Developer Q&A with Team Waffle

Comments

• StartakerStartaker
    First Assault Rep: 925
    edited November 2, 2016
    Hi Team Waffle,
    most issues were addressed already so I will contribute just with character design questions.

1) Is it possible that we will be able to customize/choose our "enemy" (bad guy) look in the future?
    Like a skin that other team can see so they can say: "Damn that Startaker I just shot down looked hella cool." Possibility to choose from those you have on different maps would be pretty sweet too.

2) About Maven signature outfit.
    There is not much her in dossier - except that she participated in guerilla warfare in South America.
    The freelance mercenary vibe is exactly what most people are looking for when picking Maven up based on her description. ( @feralknight had great fanart of her). Personally I would like to see her more as ex-military who helped train South American guerillas. The look I would love to see is with military coat and perhaps a barret.
    Something along these lines should fit better than skimpy american football dress.

TarkinCyBeR_JunkyManiacBatouVeldrin
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,855
    edited November 2, 2016
    Scik touched on this above, I just experienced how annoying this is again in game, figured I'd add the following

Its annoying having to change sensitivity everytime you want to change weapon with different sights. Please add this huge quality of life fix:
    http://forums.firstassault.nexon.net/discussion/comment/24432/#Comment_24432
    add more calibration sliders in the option menu. one for each zoom type:.default, 1.4, 2.0 , 3.4 , 4.5, and 8. All locked to default unless specified otherwise.
    Its a lot but one way around it. Everytime you ads it would use the sensitivity that corresponds to the sight you have.
    In the menu you would expand the section to see the rest of the options like a drop down menu.
  • AdyosAdyos
    First Assault Rep: 200
    Member+
    edited November 2, 2016
    Will we see possible pistol attachments in the future?
    Much like automatic attachments, grips, sights, suppressors and so on.
  • xochildxochild
    First Assault Rep: 3,725
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2, 2016
    The original trailer for the game (when it was still called First Connection Online) showed the Major in front of what looked like a Fuchikoma uncloaking its therm-optic camo. When and if we do, will we get to see Fuchikomas introduced into the game?
    TarkinCyBeR_Junky
  • LouiselotteLouiselotte
    First Assault Rep: 6,610
    edited November 2, 2016
    Hey there!

Piggy backing off of some other questions, the game is advertised with several mechas that aren't currently in the game (such as the arm suit). Are we going to be seeing them in game to some capacity?
    CyBeR_Junky
  • bob492bob492
    First Assault Rep: 755
    edited November 3, 2016
    Do any of your developers know how to reduce the volume or remove the sound altogether, from the video clip on the dive menu?
  • StartakerStartaker
    First Assault Rep: 925
    edited November 4, 2016
    bob492
    bob492 said:

Do any of your developers know how to reduce the volume or remove the sound altogether, from the video clip on the dive menu?
    In the lower right corner of the clip there is half tranparent sound icon. Click it and you will mute the clip.
    Hope it helps.
  • GhostazarashiGhostazarashi
    First Assault Rep: 890
    edited November 4, 2016
    So I had always been wondering about the symbols that appear on your hand when you activate your skill. Your skill is in the middle and on each side there symbol of the seeker drone skill and what seems to be a heart rate chart on the other side.

So my question is, does this 'heart rate chart' symbol imply that there is a possible new operative with a new skill -presumably a revive-type one, similar to the one in Ghost Assault mode, or does it stand for something else?
  • deusex2deusex2
    First Assault Rep: 525
    edited November 4, 2016
    Yeah, I got a question... When the frag do the devs plan to fix their damn crap of servers? Coz you know-everything lags, be that chat or goddamn respawn
    CyBeR_JunkyDnutt20x6
  • darkbloo0ddarkbloo0d
    First Assault Rep: 200
    edited November 4, 2016
    just fix netcode and hitreg.
  • scikscik
    First Assault Rep: 3,505
    Member+
    edited November 4, 2016
    People, these questions are to be directed to NEOPLE. All these questions regarding netcode is to be directed to NEXON, this is the wrong thread to post this. Not to mention that the guys at Nexon have repeated over and over again that they are aware of the situation and they are fixing it.
  • PraeliatorPraeliator
    First Assault Rep: 610
    edited November 4, 2016
    Will there be a fix on the Screen FX for ultrawide monitor users? Right now, it's only configured for widescreen monitors but not ultrawide monitors. The game is rendering properly on ultrawide monitors but the Screen FX is displayed as though it's on a widescreen.

Will the Umibozu enemies appear in future patches?
    Startaker
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,445
    Member, Administrator
    edited November 4, 2016
    Thanks guys - over 100 questions so far, wow!

Cutting off the questions here for now - sending all of the questions above this comment to Neople/Team Waffle!
    HakureiGhostazarashiStartakerTarkin
  • LAMBDA471LAMBDA471
    First Assault Rep: 8,550
    Member+
    edited November 4, 2016
    Will we ever get the ability to disable chat in-game?
    This will be the best answer to flaming/trolling.
    Dnutt20x6
  • scikscik
    First Assault Rep: 3,505
    Member+
    edited November 5, 2016
    LAMBDA471
    LAMBDA471 said:

I wouldn't want to disable chat completely but at least give up a 'mute' option so we won't be able to see messages from a specific player.
  • LAMBDA471LAMBDA471
    First Assault Rep: 8,550
    Member+
    edited November 5, 2016
    scik
    scik said:

LAMBDA471
    LAMBDA471 said:

I wouldn't want to disable chat completely but at least give up a 'mute' option so we won't be able to see messages from a specific player.
    Either way works. If someone wants their chat disabled, they can do that, whoever doesn't - won't.
  • TarkinTarkin
    First Assault Rep: 2,245
    Member+
    edited November 5, 2016
    @LumosNXA All answers will be in one post?
  • tirafesitirafesi
    First Assault Rep: 1,275
    edited November 6, 2016
    scik
    scik said:

LAMBDA471
    LAMBDA471 said:

Esc > Mute > Choose player
    The option already exists :)

• TarkinTarkin
    First Assault Rep: 2,245
    Member+
    edited November 6, 2016
    tirafesi
    tirafesi said:

IIRC, if you chose this option, you will mute this player's voice. And as we know, voice chat is not implemented yet. Can anyone confirm this?

• HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,480
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 6, 2016
    Tarkin
    Tarkin said:

tirafesi
    tirafesi said:

IIRC, if you chose this option, you will mute this player's voice. And as we know, voice chat is not implemented yet. Can anyone confirm this?

Yep, current mute is actually voice mute only and has no function atm.
    (I did forward the need for a text chat mute instead recently )
    Veldrin