Developer Q&A with Team Waffle

Comments

• P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,120
    edited February 6
    Are you going to revert sniper rifles buff?
    Rather than giving it a buff,

he didn't ask for a buff. you couldn't even buff the snipers more if you wanted to. unless you tacked on a grenade launcher.

he asking for sniper nerfs. can we expect some? aka please revert the 1 shot kill to limbs.

In any case, if you plan on balancing the weapons, then this is a must.
    we are considering an approach that makes characteristics and effectiveness of single-shot firing and consecutive firing more distinct.

I like this in terms of the SA50 whereby the first shot is accurate but spamming m1 lowers the accuracy.
    that said I would like more variety among the sniper rifles.
    Adding varying degrees of muzzle sway would be a nice way to do this.
  • RektifiedRektified
    First Assault Rep: 830
    edited February 8
    LumosNXA wrote: »

Could you tell us more about Memory Cells? What kind of items we will be able to buy in MC Shop?
    MC is a new currency for purchasing items. Items that are obtained as rewards or duplicate items from purchases can be converted into MC currency. Players can purchase MC exclusive items using obtained MC.

So does this mean that I can get MC points instead of getting an evo from the new Pss9 mission cause I already bought it?
    (It would have been nice to get an duplicate evo (like the in the mission called "scorpion evo" (not deathstalker^^)) so that you could change between the same gun with different modes or just to get seo if you already had evo, but I think this wont be the case which is ok.)

Veldrin wrote: »
    And you have always the option to play in custom lobby to learn the maps. If you play against better players its tough but you can get better, too.
    For me i do not like to play against top notch players always, but when on one side 2 hakurei and on other side 2 hakurei its fair lol. I'm more frightend to play against 4 Saitos than 1 Hakurei. :P

In your position I wouldnt underestimate those hakurei that much cause they can even in demo matches easily wipe out the whole team.
    Saitos got nerfed, but were still waiting hakurei´s to get nerfed^^
    Often saitos try to flank enemy team at beginning of the match and try to rush them cause the sensor has only a certain time to get used. Thats why you can counter saitos quite easy if you either group and play defensive(then the saito probably gonna kill only one player and gets killed by second one), prefire much at entrances where saitos might come from or just rush sides where you think saitos wont come from cause those sides are mostly uncovered then. Just try to be aware of where enemies can come from and listen to steps (and dont stay at one uncovered position without moving). Then Saitos wont get advantage of their skill. Those Hakurei player instead are mostly quite unpreditictebly and kill you very fast. So for balancing its indeed the best if you have the same amount of hakurei on both sides to counter each one.

• VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 1,775
    edited February 8
    Will the next operator be male or female?
    We don’t have detailed plans yet, but we are brainstorming ideas for a skill that involves hacking.
    That sounds very interesting. Cant wait to hear more news snippets about it.

But i don't like a gacha system. Gacha is that thing you put lets say a coin into a crate and get a randomly prize. I dont like that. I like how it is right now. You buy with GP that what you want. No Gacha, pls – or did i misunderstand what you meant by Gacha system?
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited February 8
    P4prik4 wrote: »
    We are planning to enhance the characteristics of each character and the chipsets are a part of the plan.

as far as chipsets, throwing this out there: perhaps lowering the power of the chips by like 30% and giving us more chips to equip.
    each chip would cost 30% less however.

5chips just feels constricting to play around with/customize.

maybe you could equip a total of say 10. this would make us a little more powerful in game even though each are 30% less strong.

If TTK is nerfed perhaps this could work more.

since there would be 10 however you would have to add Cap/max stackable values. so you can't stack say more than 5 agile step etc.

The contra points from green chipsets are gone and you can stack red and blue chips. Don’t you think chipsets are powerful enough now? If you need more than five chips you're just not good enough. Train harder and you can go sucessfully through an 1-5 clutch some time sometimes. 10 chips is way too much imho.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited February 8
    LumosNXA wrote: »
    What do you think of TTK as of now, is it too fast?
    We are planning on a direction that could make the trait of each character to stand out more. We are also reviewing to the concept of having stats for each character.

why is this so vague?
    This is why we need a private test server.
    then you wouldn't have to give any definitives just say we plan on testing various lower TTK values on the PTR.

regardless of the character stats the weapons themselves need to be addressed. And imo it would make more sense to hit the weapons first and then add character traits if some are to have faster/shorter ttk than others.

We are definitely planning on balancing the weapons in the near future.

As for character stats - we have a huuuge revamp of the operatives coming soon-ish, can't give away any info on this yet. ;-)

Just dont f*** up with Maven ;)
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited February 8
    Are you going to revert sniper rifles buff?
    Rather than giving it a buff,

he didn't ask for a buff. you couldn't even buff the snipers more if you wanted to. unless you tacked on a grenade launcher.

he asking for sniper nerfs. can we expect some? aka please revert the 1 shot kill to limbs.

In any case, if you plan on balancing the weapons, then this is a must.
    we are considering an approach that makes characteristics and effectiveness of single-shot firing and consecutive firing more distinct.

I like this in terms of the SA50 whereby the first shot is accurate but spamming m1 lowers the accuracy.
    that said I would like more variety among the sniper rifles.
    Adding varying degrees of muzzle sway would be a nice way to do this.

The only thing what's overpowerd is the ability to noscope-kill. I would increase the random spray for noscope shots a bit. But everything else i'd let untouched.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    edited February 8
    Rektified wrote: »

And you have always the option to play in custom lobby to learn the maps. If you play against better players its tough but you can get better, too.
    For me i do not like to play against top notch players always, but when on one side 2 hakurei and on other side 2 hakurei its fair lol. I'm more frightend to play against 4 Saitos than 1 Hakurei. :P

In your position I wouldnt underestimate those hakurei that much cause they can even in demo matches easily wipe out the whole team.
    Saitos got nerfed, but were still waiting hakurei´s to get nerfed^^
    Often saitos try to flank enemy team at beginning of the match and try to rush them cause the sensor has only a certain time to get used. Thats why you can counter saitos quite easy if you either group and play defensive(then the saito probably gonna kill only one player and gets killed by second one), prefire much at entrances where saitos might come from or just rush sides where you think saitos wont come from cause those sides are mostly uncovered then. Just try to be aware of where enemies can come from and listen to steps (and dont stay at one uncovered position without moving). Then Saitos wont get advantage of their skill. Those Hakurei player instead are mostly quite unpreditictebly and kill you very fast. So for balancing its indeed the best if you have the same amount of hakurei on both sides to counter each one.

Wow. Chill a bit! I think we all know Hakurei is no unknown random dude. It just was a joke, since i watch his videos from time to time, so i know what he is able to do. Aand i played against (mostly) or luckily with him 4-5 times. I know from 10 times he would possibly destroy me 7 times. and the other three times he is playing lazy and i have a very good day ;)

About the Saitos: I appreciate your tips, but i already know this. I just said this because i dont like them not because i cant handle them. They (the good ones) are annoying sometimes but with focused mind managable.

• P4prik4P4prik4
    edited February 8
    The only thing what's overpowerd is the ability to noscope-kill. I would increase the random spray for noscope shots a bit. But everything else i'd let untouched.

Right now the snipers aren't overpowered. because we have yet to increase TTK length... then something will have to be done about them.

if we are to balance weapons around the way snipers are right now, might as well keep things the way they are.

like I said keep a high stakes option for people who like things as they are. but I don't see this game going very far attracting new players, or becoming competitive if TTK remains the way it is.
  • TarkinTarkin
    Member+
    edited February 14
    What you wanted to achieve with Daily Rewards change? I'm getting Kuro's chipsets from DAY 10 reward, but I don't have this character. It is intentional?
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,055
    Administrator
    edited February 27
    Here are the next batch of answers! :-)

What style of gameplay did you intend the game to be when you first designed it? Did you want a fast, twitch-shooter or a slower, more tactical shooter?
    We determined that the combat tempo would change depending on the mode. The fast combat tempo in respawn modes like TC and TDM is what makes them fun, while you experience a slower tempo in DM modes where more cautious battles play out. We believe that players are appropriately utilizing these different combat tempos. Our dev team will make continued efforts to help create more diverse combat styles.

What are the 'Memory Cells' currency for?
    It is an upcoming currency obtained by selling duplicate items you don't need that you then use to purchase items.

Will there be a way to allow enemies to see operative skins or some kind of way to 'show off' your skin? Because at the moment you can only display them to your teammates
    We are currently developing a system where the current character and skins in use are displayed to both allies and enemies. It will be implemented soon.

What do you have planned for the Tachikoma system?
    The 1st phase of the Tachikoma Mount Mode (or mount maps) and Tachikoma parts customization system have been completed, and we are currently working on reinforcements/improvements.

I personally feel that the bomb sound is too loud in demolition, you can hear it from quite far away. What do you think about this?
    Currently, the location where the bomb was planted is not displayed immediately, but only once an enemy gets near the bomb location or after a set time. The sound is only a mechanism to inform the status of the bomb, so we believe that there aren't any significant issues with it at the moment.

Will there only be two grenade slots available? Will we be able to see extra slots in the future? Following up, what other types of grenades are going to be added in the future?
    We plan to develop various types of throwing weapons to equip on the 2 slots. We have no plans to expand the number of slots.

Are there plans on adding more achievements?
    As new contents and systems are added, we will continue to add appropriate relevant achievements.

Will there be better rewards for higher ranks because so far we just keep getting 20k and 20k?
    We do have plans to enhance that, and are thinking over proper reward levels.

Some weapon attachments are pretty useless, like the bipod for snipers or any accuracy attachment for snipers. Have you thought about making these attachments more beneficial?
    Attachments were designed to be optional additions, not essential elements. We hope this will lead not to standardized modifications, but to players selecting attachments tailored to each of their tastes. We will, of course, proactively address balance issues.

Regarding map design, will there be more opportunities to shoot through certain material?
    There are currently areas where penetration shots have been partly applied. For our maps in development, we are utilizing destructible objects and environmental objects more actively.

Also regarding map design, will there more types of maps where there are multiple floors like a hotel, or an office complex?
    We are currently designing a map with a slightly complicated structure.

Are there any core features regarding gameplay mechanics that are going to be added in the future?
    There will be a lot of changes to the character system - but we can't give away too many details at the moment!

Although this is still being developed, what style of PVE are you trying to go for? More story-oriented or more of a game-mode?
    We are currently developing it as a mode with a touch of story + defense (coop gameplay base).

Do you think of this game's future to be 'competitive'? If so, what sort of 'competitive' style game modes are you planning on adding?
    The competitive element will not be too different from those in other games; however, we will have different competitive modes for individuals and clans. We believe that team play issues arising from the individual competitive mode will be resolved in the clan competitive mode.

What do you think on the customizing of operatives at the moment? Is it sufficient enough or do you plan on adding additional features?
    Operative customization is one of the systems that will be going through a big change. The large direction of the change is that you will feel obvious effects upon equipping chipsets. We anticipate that this will be able to present the necessity of the operative modification system and its characteristic diversity.

Do you think it was a good decision to make when you decided that Ability chipsets no longer had negative attributes?
    The negative attributes of ability chipsets were not removed just because of the effects themselves, but due to issues of the body modification system itself (such as the effectiveness of the actual chipsets, system for equipping duplicates, etc.). We are aware of such issues and are continuously making development efforts to create a modification system that is helpful to players

Regarding the movement system, will there be different types of 'vaulting' style animations.
    We are currently developing a dynamic movement system.

Have you considered adding customization for pistols and secondary weapons?
    We are only planning to provide skin changes.

What are your takes on the melee system? Do you feel that insta-killing is a good idea?
    With the big risk, comes a good assessment of the satisfaction with success. Additionally, we are developing an additional system related to melee attacks.

What do you feel about the current movement system, do you feel that it's fluid? Does it feel GitS? Following up, do you feel that the gameplay feels like GitS, does it bring that atmosphere whenever you play the game?
    We are aware that not only the movement system, but also the GitS elements are currently lacking. Just as we did in the early phases of development, we are putting a lot of thought into resolving the question of 'IP and gameplay element satisfaction.'
    Though we proceeded with development with a central focus on gameplay factors (shooting) during the early development of the game, we are now weaving in IP elements more proactively into the systems we are currently developing.

How are decisions made on big things such as weapon rebalance, operative rebalance decided?
    We actively utilize our player community and game play data analysis. When balance related issues arise, we analyze the data for that issue and investigate the validity of it.
    Then, we discuss the necessity of the balance adjustment, test the direction of the adjustment, and proceed with the update. Then after that, we check on the stability of the balance adjustment again through follow-up studies.
    Tarkin