Closed

[CONTEST OVER] Operative Assault Reel Contest

Comments

• sayatakagisayatakagi
    First Assault Rep: 1,730
    edited December 1, 2016
    ign: sayatakagi

pls watch in 1080p youtube destroyed the quality.

• BozzMan_BozzMan_
    First Assault Rep: 530
    edited December 1, 2016
    first video I have ever made. hope you guys enjoy it.

ign : BozzMan

xyUNKNOWN
  • LouiselotteLouiselotte
    First Assault Rep: 6,610
    edited December 1, 2016
    Sad that I didn't have the time to make one, but there are some great submissions here!
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,445
    Member, Administrator
    edited December 1, 2016
    Submissions are now closed. Thank you guys for your hard work! Can't wait to watch through all of these amazing videos!
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    Member, Administrator
    edited December 2, 2016
    I am very excited to announce our five winners for the Operative Assault Reel Contest!

1st Place: Andu -

2nd Place: IRequestADuel -

3rd Place: JadeSpider -

4th Place: Sayatakagi -

5th Place: BozzMan_ -

Congratulations to our winners, and great work to everyone who entered!

Be on the look out for our December Holiday Contest, coming soon!
    IRequestADuelTarkin
  • BozzMan_BozzMan_
    edited December 2, 2016
    LumosNXA
    LumosNXA said:

I am very excited to announce our five winners for the Operative Assault Reel Contest!

1st Place: Andu -

2nd Place: IRequestADuel -

3rd Place: JadeSpider -

4th Place: Sayatakagi -

5th Place: BozzMan_ -

Congratulations to our winners, and great work to everyone who entered!

Be on the look out for our December Holiday Contest, coming soon!
    Just as another person in the halloween event stated, I probably wont be entering any more contests on this forum.
    strictly because I feel as if the judgments made were unfair.
    now I am not saying that my video was the best, BUT
    the contest was supposed to be judged based on "- Judging will be based on quality, creativity, and aesthetic."
    the first place winner, I am not saying the video is bad, but it definitely lacked creativity.
    I feel like the judgments were based off kill streaks instead of the original "- Judging will be based on quality, creativity, and aesthetic."
    that is just my opinion.
    ALSO i know that i will probably be flamed for this post being called a sore loser, or whatever.
    that being said. I do appreciate the prize, actually I appreciate even getting a prize at all.
    IRequestADuelPrymalPayn
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    Member, Administrator
    edited December 2, 2016
    Well, to counter your argument, creativity is subjective, and entering any type of creative contest subjects you to a wide array of opinions.I suppose the team enjoyed the quick and simple edits of the first video, plus how they felt it illustrated "best moments" very well. We really enjoyed all of the videos, honestly.

But, I am sorry that you feel that way, and perhaps you will change your mind in the future for other contests. Thanks for participating.
    IRequestADuel
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,470
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2, 2016
    Gratz to the winners! o/
  • TylerCTylerC
    First Assault Rep: 2,820
    edited December 2, 2016
    Gratz, I didn't even noticed this event until now xD, nice prices, I hope devs keep doing this events.
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 5,225
    Member+
    edited December 3, 2016
    Thank you ;) I've had about 100h gameplays, that was quite difficult to pick only 2 minutes - I was fighting with quality and few software for video montage. So I picked moments I remembered well, and some good old moments from my very first gameplays.

You guys did also have done very nice videos, I realy enjoyed watching all of you vids especially @Sayatakagi , @JadeSpider , and @fran653 with many amazing actions and nice aiming ;)

Thank You and gratz
  • illegalfreqillegalfreq
    First Assault Rep: 1,045
    edited December 3, 2016
    Congratulations to all the winners and all who took part in the contest! One thing is the most important: keep playing with this fantastic game and don't let it down! See you online! Peace!
  • PrymalPaynPrymalPayn
    First Assault Rep: 1,595
    edited December 3, 2016
    Biased. Just like last week assault of the week that was a 5 kill clutch base camping. I'm done with contests where staff gets to choose. I have no idea why the community does get to vote.
    Grats to all winners none the less.Keep up the great work.
  • IRequestADuelIRequestADuel
    First Assault Rep: 550
    edited December 3, 2016
    @BozzMan I feel ya
  • AnduAndu
    Member+
    edited December 3, 2016
    @PrymalPayn - we did not have assault of the week post last week I also posted my vid. But that demo 1v5 was actually realy nice. She was attacker and she was under pressure of time. She decided to stay and take down seeking enemies.

Your vid was nice but you did not covered the chat at the begining when somebody typed f word on chat at your vid or something - you could probably won but you have not followed the all of the rules(in that case PG-13). I focussed on following the rules at first, then on content and quality of vid. Dont worry there will be more events in the future, and gratz for winning at yesterday's livestream ;)
  • sayatakagisayatakagi
    First Assault Rep: 1,730
    edited December 3, 2016
    congratz everyone and bozzman i do like your video more then mine so keep up the good work and hope to see you soon and all the rest in another contest.
  • fran653fran653
    First Assault Rep: 710
    Member+
    edited December 3, 2016
    Gratz to the winners, keep up the good work!
  • vraGGvraGG
    First Assault Rep: 450
    Member+
    edited December 3, 2016
    Gratts.

Too bad we were really restricted to two minutes, so I guess my submission was too long.

Ah well, I thought 1080p@60fps was the benchmark for submission and I still had the chance, since some people didn't make it properly, but I guess people can deal with cinematic® experience. Personally, I can't :) Also I should probably have added some of the visual nonsense, but I am really not much about that either - since the contest was about frags and raw footage.

All in all - nice to have competitions, but I feel like I'm not equiped to do it (I don't have same values). Thanks for the contest and again, gratts to the winers.
  • PrymalPaynPrymalPayn
    First Assault Rep: 1,595
    edited December 3, 2016
    Andu
    Andu said:

@PrymalPayn - we did not have assault of the week post last week I also posted my vid. But that demo 1v5 was actually realy nice. She was attacker and she was under pressure of time. She decided to stay and take down seeking enemies.

Your vid was nice but you did not covered the chat at the begining when somebody typed f word on chat at your vid or something - you could probably won but you have not followed the all of the rules(in that case PG-13). I focussed on following the rules at first, then on content and quality of vid. Dont worry there will be more events in the future, and gratz for winning at yesterday's livestream ;)
    Wowow you are making this about me when there isn't absolutely nothing they can give me in events.

forum
    image upload with preview

Was for the sake of it. And like I said until it is a community vote I will not participate. No more buddies or well seen members of the community by staff winning stuff. Enjoy your dlc :3

BozzMan_
  • BozzMan_BozzMan_
    edited December 4, 2016
    PrymalPayn

Andu
    Andu said:

Wowow you are making this about me when there isn't absolutely nothing they can give me in events.

forum
    image upload with preview

Was for the sake of it. And like I said until it is a community vote I will not participate. No more buddies or well seen members of the community by staff winning stuff. Enjoy your dlc :3

I would also like for it to be a community vote.
    BUT the only problem with it being a community vote is that anyone could just go make a bunch of accounts and vote on their entry to win.
    so technically either way is bad judgement seeing how biased the staff is.

especially when they say the contest was going to be JUDGED ON CREATIVITY, AESTHETIC, AND QUALITY THEN turn around and judge it based on streaks/skill.
    I thought it was being judged based off creativity so the less skilled played don't feel left out of the competition, guess that isn't the case.

BUT of course the reply that I get stating "they felt it illustrated best moments very well" basically says(or at least this is how I felt at the time about it, maybe you guys felt this way as well. idk.) that the contest was judged on skill and not creativity because not everyone's "best moments" are going to be fantastic(which judging the contest based on CREATIVITY, QUALITY, AND AESTHETIC etc is KEY HERE, to give EVERYONE a chance at winning and not just the best players).

I guess I am really not surprised when it comes to staff being biased and judging the contests on completely different factors than originally intended or stated. Kind of the same thing as false advertising.
    what a shame.

also, staff... quick question. how long will it be until we get our prize's for the contest? I still have yet to receive my GP.

Time to get back to video editing, even though I didn't win this still inspires me to make better videos especially seeing as that was my first edit ever.
    if you guys want to stay updated with my progress then sub to me on youtube, it wont be frequent videos as I am still learning a lot of things about editing, but I do plan on taking this editing thing seriously and getting really good at it.
    my youtube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UCPKJrXqbM-_FLvaDl5VsyKQ
    Andu
  • AnduAndu
    Member+
    edited December 4, 2016
    @BozzMan_ you have to wait probably till next maintenance if you have replied to Lumos.

and Yeah we are going different directions in our videos. Im taking minimum time spending on video edit (Im playing mostly at weekends because I'm really busy at the week - tired working etc), I wanna to show pure gameplay not effects.
    My youtube playlist: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ftwGmLFfR7Q&list=PLqmLuGpJ1qQzbaGsuJNxqiGah9oLt1TJa

I agree to You that community vote is not the best way - because as you said creating multi account for vote or "asking buddies to vote" not bothering checking videos.
This discussion has been closed.