Closed

[CONTEST OVER] Operative Assault Reel Contest

Comments

• BozzMan_BozzMan_
    First Assault Rep: 530
    edited December 4, 2016
    Andu
    Andu said:

@BozzMan_ you have to wait probably till next maintenance if you have replied to Lumos.

and Yeah we are going different directions in our videos. Im taking minimum time spending on video edit (Im playing mostly at weekends because I'm really busy at the week - tired working etc), I wanna to show pure gameplay not effects.
    My youtube playlist: https://youtube.com/watch?v=ftwGmLFfR7Q&list=PLqmLuGpJ1qQzbaGsuJNxqiGah9oLt1TJa

I agree to You that community vote is not the best way - because as you said creating multi account for vote or "asking buddies to vote" not bothering checking videos.
    I actually think a community vote would be the better idea, BUT I do feel you on the "being busy all week" and you're so lucky that you have a decent rig to game on in 1080p, I have a really bad pc i guess thats what I get for having 3 kids back to back, they are very expensive to take care of, BUT i would not trade them for anything in this world. I Just wish that I could afford a PC that would be good for recording high quality possibly even lossless game capture. oh well.
    I should be betting a gtx 1060 and i5 soon, very soon. that way I can at least do some 1080p videos and my vids wont look like crap :)

anyway, the contest was fun regardless.
    maybe we could collaborate on a video sometime @Andu
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 3,885
    Member+
    edited December 4, 2016
    Im playing on i7-2600k, and GTX 550TI so my GFX isnt so good - Im recording vids using HDMI grabber (not using any software that will affect my performance).
    Im sure that current game state is not favoring making impressive gameplays because of netcode, even at my 15ms latency im still getting killed instantly sometimes(appear and shot at the same time less than human could do) by non-saito players. That starts and stops happening during gameplay and is not related to the more pro enemies i meet but change conditions somewhere at servers.
    BozzMan_
  • MrKermitMrKermit
    First Assault Rep: 420
    edited December 4, 2016
    I wish we could use background music. I started making my video and realized halfway through. I said screw it and finished it anyway.

BozzMan_IRequestADuel
  • BozzMan_BozzMan_
    edited December 4, 2016
    MrKermit
    MrKermit said:

I wish we could use background music. I started making my video and realized halfway through. I said screw it and finished it anyway.

they said dont use music for copyright reasons, as long as its non copyright then I think it should be okay. nice video btw. I am actually working on something similar to this right now. just going through my clips and picking out some good ones.
  • BozzMan_BozzMan_
    edited December 4, 2016
    Andu
    Andu said:

Im playing on i7-2600k, and GTX 550TI so my GFX isnt so good - Im recording vids using HDMI grabber (not using any software that will affect my performance).
    Im sure that current game state is not favoring making impressive gameplays because of netcode, even at my 15ms latency im still getting killed instantly sometimes(appear and shot at the same time less than human could do) by non-saito players. That starts and stops happening during gameplay and is not related to the more pro enemies i meet but change conditions somewhere at servers.
    see I don't even have that, i have an i3-4340 and gtx 650. so you're better off than I am :)
  • vraGGvraGG
    First Assault Rep: 450
    Member+
    edited December 4, 2016
    @MrKermit easily the best video in this thread. Can't comment much on the play, though, as it's so heavily edited. That's why it's important to say what we are grading ;)

@BozzMan_ Time to upgrade. You can get 2 year old top-end gfx that still supports shadowplay for ~150eur in EU, what I assume would be ~150$ in US (dont know where you are from), which means you can record 1080p without performance loss. That's a reasonably cheap investment for a hobby. If you were to buy late-ish gear, you can just go for the GPU and CPU combo and you' be easily though in the 500$ range for midrange setup. That's less than a family weekend trip, I guess.

• MrKermitMrKermit
    First Assault Rep: 420
    edited December 4, 2016
    @vraGG Yeah the clips were all what I consider to be pretty good but it was really made to be about the editing and not really the clips. The judging was supposed to be based on "quality, creativity, and aesthetic" which is what I went for.

• LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 15,330
    Administrator
    edited December 5, 2016
    Like stated before, judging is subjective and everyone has different opinions. That is what you are signing up for when you enter a contest.

I do appreciate everyone's feedback; however, contests won't be community vote based as in my experience that leads to cheating and exploiting votes.

I'm gonna go ahead and lock this thread now. Congrats to the winners once again.
    GITS2501
This discussion has been closed.