[CONTEST OVER] Holiday Card Creative Contest

Comments

• GrymtGrymt
    First Assault Rep: 430
    edited January 1
    Hi !
    Here is my entry for this cool contest :p
    http://imgur.com/eISUckI

I hope you like it, and goodluck for everyone !

Oh and Happy new year :D
    HakureiReijiphantom
  • pandahxlicpandahxlic
    edited January 1
    @Skarborr

Such an interesting comment here, well, first of all, I like your entry, for someone who isn't fully experienced in the matter, you did it really well, Plus the card motive is really creative c: . You should really start polishing your skills.

Well, about the working progress, First, I looked for references, a lot, and made my own drawing references, so I would know how everything worked, then I took it to Autodesk Maya, that is the most common 3D tool, (I personally like C4D, but If you do not want to spend money you can use Blender, I guess it's available for Steam, All of the programs are really similar).
    It took me like about 3 days in a regular workflow, I can't tell you an exact quantity of hours because I don't really know. After I was done with the model, I exported it into Sketchfab (https://sketchfab.com/models/83f004e97e3345958a4974436baf6dcf, the model), that has a PBR implemented (It's like a real-time rendering, that's soooo cool), and that was it.

Okay, I'm studying Animation, so I can tell you from my point of view, that it's really harsh sometimes, at the start it's frustrating actually, and it consumes you, but if you are really passionate and you really love this, as you gain more and more experience and you start mastering it, you get addicted and nothing stops you. You want to spend every minute modelling, rendering, illuminating, making "cool" stuffs, and improving even more.
    Also, you need to be always open to new information, watching tutorials, questioning what everything is for, and how things are done, is the key (take it as an advice, that's how it works for me)
    Skarborr
  • SkarborrSkarborr
    First Assault Rep: 540
    edited January 2
    @pandahxlic
    Thanks for the reply, I'm always interested in other people's work who are more experienced than me. c:
    By the way do you know a good website to get textures from (currently I'm getting them from textures.com/GGtextures.com), because that's the biggest problem I usually have.
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,085
    Administrator
    edited January 4
    Amazing work, guys! Thanks for submitting - we'll get to judging this week!
    GrymtSkarborr
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,085
    Administrator
    edited January 5
    Winners for the Holiday Card Creative Contest have been chosen!

A huge congratulations to....

1st place: Komina
    2nd place: Skarborr
    3rd place: pandahxlic
    4th place: Grymt
    5th place: Ahmera

Thanks to all for participating and stay tuned for the next contest! <3
  • GrymtGrymt
    edited January 6
    Congratulations to all of you !

Cu in next contest :D
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 6,225
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 6
    Congrats everyone! Great Job!
  • illegalfreqillegalfreq
    First Assault Rep: 860
    edited January 9
    Congrats everyone, I checked all the cards and I really like them! :)