Best way to deal with unpleasant players

APOPAPOP
First Assault Rep: 305
edited January 16 in Operatives Helping Operatives
I have around 3 players that have been acting absolutely ridiculous lately and have been voting to kick me from matches for no valid reason. One time was actually within seconds of joining mid match and I hadn't even had time to get to the battle yet. Another time was because the other player didn't like my weapon choice and thought I should be using something different. He tried to vote to kick me three matches in a row until I was no longer on his team. A few times people have gone along and actually kicked me from the match for no valid reason.

However one time I was in a match where the player was typing racist and other unpleasant slurs to every player on both teams. That time the team voted to keep him in game.

I have screenshots of this nonsense. At what point is it harassment? Should I report the players to the developers? out them on gaming social media? Pray to the gods of the interwebs for divine retribution?

It just really irritates me that people feel like they can control how other people play their characters...

Comments

• HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,015
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 17
    Ye kick function abuse is something that is known.
    Best you can do is to send those screenshots to customer support here: https://support-firstassault.nexon.net/hc/en-us
    Although its hard to identify people who silently kick abuse, the ones who are toxic in chat could be punished eventually.
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 4,550
    Member+
    edited January 17
    My advice - if you have NVIDIA Shadowplay - make sure that function is turned on so you can capture moment when somebody is trying to kick you - then you can upload it on youtube and have evidence of abuse.

You can also do the thing that Hakurei said - make screenshoot right after you were selected to be kicked, I prefer at least 2 or more screenshots - on SS there is a date and hour waterprint so support will identify moment that you have been kicked and Im sure support will track the person who started vote kick against you.
  • APOPAPOP
    edited January 17
    It does say "User" proposed to kick in the screenshots so the instigator shouldn't be too hard to ID from that. I'll have to look into the shadowplay. I know some people have been asking me for videos of gameplay anyhow.
    Thanks for the feedback guys!
  • HakureiHakurei
    edited January 17
    "It does say "User" proposed to kick in the screenshots so the instigator shouldn't be too hard to ID from that."
    You only will see the name of the vote starter and unless he also is toxic towards you, i dont know if only kicking someone is actually enough to get a warning.
    But Customer Support is the one deciding that.
  • APOPAPOP
    edited January 17
    This one guy has initiated the vote to kick me at least 7 times now saying that he doesn't like the weapon I'm using and complaining about my play style while calling every other player trash. It's to the point where I came in on his team and dropped out as soon as I saw his name on my team because his nonsense is aggravating to me, but when I quick dived it put me right back onto his team, twice in a row.

Maybe they could initiate an option in the game to avoid certain players? I really hate being on teams with people I have had to report...
    Pandarkvador
  • xD4DamagerxD4Damager
    First Assault Rep: 810
    edited January 18
    Let me tell you one thing ... If you go to capture point and share your devices with a team NOBODY will ever kick you out. I see a lot of players who stay on spawn with sniper rifle. I know that feeling when you braking your back to capture and you see a guy who's camping own spawn with sniper and Motoko/Maven. Mostly those snipers don't care about win/loss they just want to stay behind and get easy kills. Ask yourself do you really help your team to win?
  • PandarkvadorPandarkvador
    First Assault Rep: 960
    edited January 18
    "Mostly those snipers don't care about win/loss they just want to stay behind and get easy kills"

Don't forget those who just want to frag instead of playing objectives, sniper are not the only ones to incriminate.
    And don't forget that snipers protect your back to.

But i agree with you, some players that camp on their position instead of going on the point and it's not the way to win.
    But kicking them every time is not a solution and never lead them to understand, you just have to say "GO" in chat and most of them understand the message.
    ManiacBatou
  • HakureiHakurei
    edited January 18
    "Let me tell you one thing ... If you go to capture point and share your devices with a team NOBODY will ever kick you out."
    @xD4Damager

Or be the best man on your team and get kicked cause you are "cheating" or just too good for the lobby. :p
    Yes.. that happens.
  • xD4DamagerxD4Damager
    edited January 18
    Pandarkvador

"Mostly those snipers don't care about win/loss they just want to stay behind and get easy kills"

Don't forget those who just want to frag instead of playing objectives, sniper are not the only ones to incriminate.
    And don't forget that snipers protect your back to.

But i agree with you, some players that camp on their position instead of going on the point and it's not the way to win.
    But kicking them every time is not a solution and never lead them to understand, you just have to say "GO" in chat and most of them understand the message.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Snipers never cover your back!
    - enemy flanking they die first because they can't see a shait looking at 8x scopes
    - sniper spotted an flanking enemy ... he dies, because he switched to pistol and failed against AR/SMG
    - sniper spotted an flanking enemy ... he runs back to spawn and not even bother to send a team message BEHIND or smth

We started 6 vs 7 - competitive match 2 snipers in our team, so basically 4 vs 7. I'm always on the front line to stop enemy team before they get to point ... but NOBODY is on point because our snipers camping from spawn and other two guys cover flanks. We had to go back and obviously we lost.
    By the way one of our snipers had 5 kills in 10 minutes with KD 0.2 and he was 30+ lvl. By that time me and 2 other mates were about 30 kills.
    I suggested to kick this guy and it was upheld by team members because there is no difference between being inactive or have 5 kills camping own spawn.

• xD4DamagerxD4Damager
    edited January 18
    Hakurei
    Hakurei said:

"Let me tell you one thing ... If you go to capture point and share your devices with a team NOBODY will ever kick you out."
    @xD4Damager

Or be the best man on your team and get kicked cause you are "cheating" or just too good for the lobby. :p
    Yes.. that happens.
    Yes, it happens if you played previous game against them so they were pissed off and decides to punish you. Mostly nobody proposes to kick MVP player, so nothing to worry about.
  • APOPAPOP
    edited January 18
    I've been MVP one round and had this guy vote to kick the very next round.
  • PandarkvadorPandarkvador
    First Assault Rep: 960
    edited January 19
    "- enemy flanking they die first because they can't see a shait looking at 8x scopes"
    Depending of the map and the place where sniper is. On some map take a sniper rifle is clearly ridiculous.
    But on other it can be useful for some point (TC district ) but camping if you have no one to kill instead of going on the point is useless.

"- sniper spotted an flanking enemy ... he dies, because he switched to pistol and failed against AR/SMG"
    Sniper don't need to switch to pistol if he have ammo, a sniper rifle one shot anyone at very short range. But sadly the first panic reflex is to switch to pistol.

"- sniper spotted an flanking enemy ... he runs back to spawn and not even bother to send a team message BEHIND or smth "
    I have never seen a message "behind" from anyone, but i am only level 18 then perhaps at higher level.
  • Bittah_CommanderBittah_Commander
    First Assault Rep: 1,860
    edited February 2
    I have never seen a message "behind" from anyone, but i am only level 18 then perhaps at higher level.
    That's what "bh" means; people type that all the time =P
  • LaionidasLaionidas
    First Assault Rep: 1,960
    edited February 14
    APOP wrote: »
    Best way to deal with unpleasant players?

Shoot them moar (>.<)

• Ov3rw4tchOv3rw4tch
    First Assault Rep: 410
    edited March 4
    i am a hybrid sniper and i am offended.
    i play m99d with cbc1 so i can oneshot anyone withing 50m range
    i use pso1 so i can see 6x zoom (i really think stock scope is sueles but i am fairly sure there are many snipers out there in the field who believe stock is bset)
    i know snipers calling "bh" all the time, i think you haven't met us yet.
    spawn campers are always mocked but you know, age doesn't bring wisdom nor wisdom wash away being a £#$@½ bag...

xD4Damager wrote: »
    "Mostly those snipers don't care about win/loss they just want to stay behind and get easy kills"<br />
    <br />
    Don't forget those who just want to frag instead of playing objectives, sniper are not the only ones to incriminate.<br />
    And don't forget that snipers protect your back to.<br />
    <br />
    But i agree with you, some players that camp on their position instead of going on the point and it's not the way to win.<br />
    But kicking them every time is not a solution and never lead them to understand, you just have to say "GO" in chat and most of them understand the message.<br />
    <br />
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________<br />
    <br />
    Snipers never cover your back!<br />
    - enemy flanking they die first because they can't see a shait looking at 8x scopes<br />
    - sniper spotted an flanking enemy ... he dies, because he switched to pistol and failed against AR/SMG<br />
    - sniper spotted an flanking enemy ... he runs back to spawn and not even bother to send a team message BEHIND or smth <br />
    <br />
    We started 6 vs 7 - competitive match 2 snipers in our team, so basically 4 vs 7. I'm always on the front line to stop enemy team before they get to point ... but NOBODY is on point because our snipers camping from spawn and other two guys cover flanks. We had to go back and obviously we lost.<br />
    By the way one of our snipers had 5 kills in 10 minutes with KD 0.2 and he was 30+ lvl. By that time me and 2 other mates were about 30 kills.<br />
    I suggested to kick this guy and it was upheld by team members because there is no difference between being inactive or have 5 kills camping own spawn.