Supply Drop - JAN. 26, 2017

LumosNXALumosNXA
First Assault Rep: 16,375
Administrator
edited January 26 in Patch Notes
Greetings, Operatives. In this supply drop, we are introducing a new pistol, a revamped login & reward system, operative and weapon balancing, and various bug fixes! View your full supply drop below.

Please note that we are currently aware of issues when purchasing DLC Crates on Steam. We are working to remedy this soon. Thanks for your patience and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

WEAPON
PIS: SN 5-7 – This sidearm exhibits superior penetrating force due to its small caliber, high-velocity bullets, but is less powerful overall.

SYSTEMS
Revamped Login System and Login Rewards
We have implemented a newly revamped login system and rewards! Login rewards are cumulative instead of consecutive. In addition, login rewards are now fixed items instead of random. Please see our full blog for details: http://playfirstassault.tumblr.com/post/156367895971/

OPERATIVE BALANCE
• Ishikawa’s Cyber Sentry
- Increased Damage: 20 → 30
• Kuro’s EMP
- The location of the enemy affected by the EMP will be indicated for a short time.
- EMP deployment system has been improved so that deploying the EMP is easier.

WEAPON BALANCE
• Changed headshot damage logic for all weapons according to range
- NOTE: We are currently working to release a detailed developer blog explaining the changes, headshot damage values, and headshot damage calculation method. Please be on the lookout!

MISCELLANEOUS
• Removed Ghost Assault mode from Quick Dive and Custom Matches
• Added new DLC Crate called Signature Skin Crate #2 (Maven Signature, Borma Signature, Paz Signature)
• Adjusted Demolition Mode Intel Amount
- 1 Intel per second will be recovered until the Tier 1 Intel amount is reached.
- If you lose due to team elimination without having planted your bomb, 10 Intel will be given.
• Operative Licenses can now be purchased from the Operative Select screen
• The helicopter in the Urban City map now makes sounds when it flies by

BUG FIXES
• Various multi-language strings and UI fixes
• Fixed a bug where being shot at while having a non-fully-automatic weapon equipped and the fire key held down caused the weapon to fire by itself.
• Fixed a bug where hit indicators did not appear on Tachikoma when they were disabled.
• Fixed a bug where the ironsight of 93-SE was slightly misaligned.
• Fixed the invisible collision point at the foot of the ramp in District Ruins facing point E.
• Fixed a bug where aiming down sight with the SEBURO 25 sight attached on the F-MAS caused the model of the scope and gun to disappear.
• Fixed the exploit in the arcade room on the Station map.
• Fixed a bug where the Daily Mission did not gray out once completed.
VenkmanTeeLAnduHakureiSapfiRusMorky2016Player48105

Comments

• TransMutantTransMutant
    First Assault Rep: 530
    edited January 26
    WHY? Why did they remove that funny mode? I don't get it. That was one of the few things that made the game still funny, because it was an alternative and original mode, instead of quick dive: in those matches there's always someone with aimbot. someone from COD with reflexes of a cobra, someone doing bullshit things, someone insulting other people for unknown reason, someone who kills you from nowehere; in Ghost Assault aimbot you couldn't use aimbot (you had to survive, so it was pretty useless), you couldn't shoot people all the time, and you couldn't do bullshit things...oh wait, you could still do that, but at least it was funny. I hate the fact that the players who didn't want to play that mode were stupid 12 years old kids, coming from COD, who wanted only shoot people from afar with OP guns or use aimbots to win easily, and ruin this game for the normal players. Those players don't appreciate originality, they don't appreciate work on something different, they want only another copy of COD where that kind of people wins, because they play 24 hours a day and they have nothing to do.
    PandarkvadorP4prik4
  • SapfiRusSapfiRus
    First Assault Rep: 100
    edited January 26
    Probably not clear, but still I think at least some progress in the balance. Here's another soon I think and aimbot'll clean it then it will be all good.
  • JShengKaiJShengKai
    First Assault Rep: 1,070
    edited January 26
    TransMutant

WHY? Why did they remove that funny mode? I don't get it. That was one of the few things that made the game still funny, because it was an alternative and original mode, instead of quick dive: in those matches there's always someone with aimbot. someone from COD with reflexes of a cobra, someone doing bullshit things, someone insulting other people for unknown reason, someone who kills you from nowehere; in Ghost Assault aimbot you couldn't use aimbot (you had to survive, so it was pretty useless), you couldn't shoot people all the time, and you couldn't do bullshit things...oh wait, you could still do that, but at least it was funny. I hate the fact that the players who didn't want to play that mode were stupid 12 years old kids, coming from COD, who wanted only shoot people from afar with OP guns or use aimbots to win easily, and ruin this game for the normal players. Those players don't appreciate originality, they don't appreciate work on something different, they want only another copy of COD where that kind of people wins, because they play 24 hours a day and they have nothing to do.
    The reason they removed it was probably due to how little it was actually played. Knowing the team behind the game, they're probably working on changing the game mode a bit to make it more appealing, or at least thinking up ways they can better showcase the game to let unfamiliar players know what it's about and how to play it.

I doubt it'll be gone for too long, as it was a very unique and fun game mode for a lot of people (if not also somewhat stressful - .-;), it just wasn't very well "advertised" in my opinion, leaving to players not having interest in it, not knowing how to play it, or just plain not knowing it even existed.
  • noppnopp
    First Assault Rep: 1,580
    edited January 26
    • Adjusted Demolition Mode Intel Amount
    - 1 Intel per second will be recovered until the Tier 1 Intel amount is reached.

this changes are nonsense
    Rektified
  • mutronixmutronix
    First Assault Rep: 1,165
    edited January 26
    >WHY? Why did they remove that funny mode? I don't get it

I think it's a part of maintance proccess. They already did it before christmas event.
  • SteveDinoSteveDino
    First Assault Rep: 1,755
    Member+
    edited January 26
    Definitely a fan of the increased sentry damage. :D
    Player48105
  • wauhtiwauhti
    First Assault Rep: 410
    edited January 26
    Ishikawa buff was good! Now turret won't feel a toy and actually killing some enemies
    Player48105
  • voidInTheShellvoidInTheShell
    First Assault Rep: 750
    edited January 26
    I don't get the stats on a new pistol, compared to default seburo m5 it has + 1 stability for - 4 accuracy.

Btw, tactical reload animation looks weird on all pistols with magazines, except 93-se, the animation is like full reload only a bit faster. And why revolvers have different reload animation time for full and tactical, it doesn't make sense to me.
    Well, its most likely for balance, but I think that difference in pistol reload animation time has no practical influence on balance. In fact considering pistols' construction, only 93-se should have slightly longer full reload than tactical reload.
    Rektified
  • TransMutantTransMutant
    edited January 26
    " wrote:
    The reason they removed it was probably due to how little it was actually played. Knowing the team behind the game, they're probably working on changing the game mode a bit to make it more appealing, or at least thinking up ways they can better showcase the game to let unfamiliar players know what it's about and how to play it.<br />
    <br />
    I doubt it'll be gone for too long, as it was a very unique and fun game mode for a lot of people (if not also somewhat stressful - .-;), it just wasn't very well "advertised" in my opinion, leaving to players not having interest in it, not knowing how to play it, or just plain not knowing it even existed.

Infact I played with people when Ghost Assault was needed to complete an event, and when I said that was a funny game, do you know how they answered me?
    "Eurgh, this game is difficult, I hate this, I prefer the other mode!" - Kiddo number 1
    "Pfff, this is boring, we're losing, I prefer the other mode!" - Kiddo number 2
    "I don't understand this one, I prefer the other mode!" - Kiddo number 3

Yeah, people don't understand a game like hide & seek, or they find Ghost Assault too hard because they don't want to hide or seek enemies, but only shoot, or they are simply losing so they prefer the other mode; if only people TRIED to play that mode, TRIED to give the developers opinion on how to improve that mode (it wasn't perfect, I saw some bugs and some mechanics were too strict) maybe something good could have been come out, but no, it was better ditch that, come back to spawn camp the enemy in TD maps or aimbot some morons who instead play by the rules. I chose this game not because it was an FPS, but because it was Ghost In The Shell, a game based on the actual anime/manga; but until now this seems only a more unfair, f***ed up version of Call of Duty with spawn campers, aimbot hackers and stupid kids.
    Also, I saw a video on YouTube that made in comparison this game with NeoTokyo, a mod for a game I don't remember, and the maps here are not exactly what I would say 'cyber' or 'neo': I mean, where's Neo Tokyo? Where are the futuristic buildings with neon lights? Where is the Tachikoma deposit? I see only a Industry tileset with nothing particular original (every game have that), the Streets (I saw that type of map in TimeSplitters 2, a game for PS2 of 2002, and it was even better than this one), an Airport (where are the futuristic airplanes? helicopters? and why there's a part with Tachikoma in repair?).
    Pandarkvador
  • TransMutantTransMutant
    edited January 26
    • Operative Licenses can now be purchased from the Operative Select screen
    Ok, but when I try to buy it, it says I need GP, and then next to the GP price there's the NX-C and NX-P, so what does it mean? Can I buy it only with GP or I must pay even with NX? Or NX-C and NX-P are only other ways to get licenses?
    edited January 26
    You can buy Operative Licenses with only GP
  • RektifiedRektified
    First Assault Rep: 1,150
    edited February 8
    deleted.
  • noppnopp
    First Assault Rep: 1,580
    edited January 28
    Im not sure if this is connected to this bug fix
    • Fixed a bug where the Daily Mission did not gray out once completed.
    but it is stated that daily missions like "kills" and "headshots" and probably "use skill" are dedicated to quick dive only by text, I didnt tried private lobbies.

How it was, it was possible to finish them in lobbies (screenshot of bugged c30 with 50 bullets :O which I didnt posted).
    aPXO5Pj.jpg

And now:
    XtjlTta.jpg
  • mutronixmutronix
    First Assault Rep: 1,165
    edited January 28
    >I think that I would be better to achieve higher TTK with higher recoil for all guns or some accuracy penalty if spraying more then 5 bullets at once

It makes no sense. If you spray more than 5 bullets at once and enemy is still alive then your TTK is already close to infinity.
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 3,675
    Member+
    edited January 28
    @Rektified: They haven't nerfed the F2020 yet as Disrespect said in the stream, though I thought they had changed something as I had taken it hinking they might and used it better than before (I sucked big with the F2020).
    Regarding the headshot, I can understand your point, but I'm for that change and I wish they did also with the ARs. Lately I've started to get really pissed off at how many headshots I was receiving. Like 90% of my deaths were headshots, it was getting to feel ridiculous. Also, from my playing with the SMGs, that change isn't that bad, I still got similar amount of headshots as before (from reasonably short ranges, i.e. from plant to A entry ramp in PSS9).
  • RektifiedRektified
    First Assault Rep: 1,150
    edited January 29
    Yes, there I probably misunderstood something. Dont know why, but when I tryed it after update in shop on shooting range, it felt little bit like there was something changed. But I have again tested it yesterday and it was then back like it was before. Probably its due to my bugged game (need always to repair installation and download up to 20 after I quit the game) or it was just my missing feeling to recoil, since I didnt played for some time.
    After playing some rounds I probably can accept the new changes they made to hs multiplier. ARs still can hs on long range quite well. The only thing I m still angry about is that the changes to the multiplier appear with ARs on midrange (after 30 m with most ARs, which is ok) but at SMGs already after their are out of range (15 m for most SMGs) which is still totally not ok. It would be nice if they also would get the low multiplier after mid range (25m for most SMGs) cause damagedrop is still high for SMGs and the most of them also wont onehit hs after 18m. Cause now its working so that its onehit up 15m, then you have 1 or 2 meter where its 2 hit and after those 2 meters its already 3 hit.
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 6,955
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 30
    Remember, most of the changes (like head shot damage) are coming from the very loud voices of the community...
    Midlord
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 3,675
    Member+
    edited January 31
    Indeed, which remembers a chat line I've heard today...

"Heat sensor is OP now". Uuuhhhmmm...
    Venkman
    edited January 31
    I'd like to have ghost assault as 4th mode in quick dive.
    OverKing53
  • P4prik4P4prik4
    First Assault Rep: 2,435
    edited February 7
    Venkman wrote: »
    Remember, most of the changes (like head shot damage) are coming from the very loud voices of the community...

It shouldn't be about who has the loudest voice, it should be about what makes sense and is good game design.
    Atm the way HS is, it generates a lot of cheese plays, these are frustrating and is one more reason to want to uninstall.

before i continue note:
    I have proposed keeping a hardcore mode for people who like the high stakes game.
    this way everyone gets their way.
    they would have to add custom game rewards though for people who exclusively play like this.

the game puts way too much emphasis on planning your kill ahead of time so you get a leg up with abilities. as opposed to consistent aiming and good reflex. the TTK is just too fast for anyone to react in time to many scenarios one faces in this game.
    Abilities ought to be there to help but not be the end all be all. so making TTK longer helps put more emphasis on the actual gun fights and give players a chance to decide whether to fight or flight.

LumosNXA wrote: »
    WEAPON BALANCE
    • Changed headshot damage logic for all weapons according to range

^this is vague i would like exact numbers.
    I didn't expect much from this, in fact didn't even realize it was implemented in game yet. HS still as op as ever. Why? this change only effects the very few instances where you had 100% hp and got hs from the very first bullet.
    headshot still does too much damage.

I've suggested adding more graze if headshot, or even disrupt vision , and slow enemy more.
    the damage could then be reduced to the same as the value for chest shots.
    or changing the headshot hitbox to having a core section and outter. core does more dmg than outter.

but we need a PTS to test these types of things.
    Even I who make these suggestion cannot say for certain that i'll like them. Gotta test them first to really know.
    qophyn