Has anyone else had that problem? XD
    nooitzben
  • DrMashiritoDrMashirito
    First Assault Rep: 300
    edited February 25
    Rebooting our fate,
    guns to whisper for revenge
    again undressed

My haiku deeply tries to paint with that words, the process that goes from dying a hundred times, the great awake as a prelude of the improved revenge promises,, cause after saying someone is a hacker, you sure decided driven by the rage "game mode and map changed, so I should change my angel of mercy set up to ensure they will allow the glorious sun to pass through all the wholes my whisperers will yell at them, and then again, is when you realize, that once game mode and map is closed, there are a small group of seconds remaining insurgent blocking you to change a weapon or the operative, so you know that all that acrobatic movements you masterplanned to kill the enemy won't happen cause you feel naked with the wrong wepons handled by the wrong operative. So that is what triggers the BIG QUESTION that humanity revealed as it's first form of identifying new gods to pray and demons to share----(bleep not again, WHYYYY!!?)

Sorry if I couldn't get the deepness level the proposal was making to us, a bunch of gamers that just know a few words llike, bleep, bleep, hacker, camper, noob, gg, and wp .I had other idea about Batou and his twisted arm, but it resulted a bit unpleasant once the picture was installed on the beta haiku reading volunteer's brain,. Said that, wanna ask devs,, leave some seconds to set up weapons once in the matrix, before the match starts,

As proof of work, I can be confident to recommend to say this verses to fiance if getting dumped desire excels over all
  • nooitzbennooitzben
    First Assault Rep: 780
    edited February 26
    Alone in demo
    Bomb planted with clock ticking
    Skill sync for more time?

Sometimes it just sucks being last person left in demo and enemy has planted bomb. Would be nice if there was an operative that could skill sync for more time on clock for demo. Demolition can be frustrating to play.

Love is in the air
    Cyborgs are beautiful too
    Motoko is bae

Here's my 2nd haiku not sure if it counts but just wanted to make one more related to Valentine's day. It's a bit corny but its not too bad :) I believe we can only use one haiku for the contest so I'll go with my 2nd one I've posted. I'll just think of the first one as a for fun one I made.
  • NobodyNobodyNobodyNobody
    First Assault Rep: 1,135
    edited February 27
    "But," you once asked me,
    "Can you fold a paper crane?"
    Now, too late, I can.

In-universe, this would be written by Motoko, in remembrance of "the first boy she ever loved" (subplot taken from 2nd Gig).
  • spectaclesspectacles
    First Assault Rep: 420
    edited February 27
    Major clad in pink
    Forgets terminals and bombs
    Captures hearts instead

Even the Major needs some vacation, and what better use for that annual leave than to don her pink Valentine's outfit and spread the message of love?

This was a bit of a last-minute entry, but it's Valentine's Day for me every single day so my romantic, haiku-penning heart is still beating loud and clear.
    So loud, in fact, that last week's stream inspired me to write one for the new dynamic duo, Disrespect and puffyhuff. (The one above is my submission :3)

For those dreary days
    When you can't hit a barn door
    "Sweetest Black Desire"
    TricanumNobodyNobody
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,085
    Administrator
    edited February 28
    Thank you all for your entries! 14 pages of haikus to sift through...this will take some time to judge! So happy that so many of you decided to join the contest! :-)
    VenkmanJShengKaiOhBoyItsDankHWimbletonRosecraftLyhTelésforo441ALightbringerFightMeowIkonsand 4 others.
  • LumosNXALumosNXA
    First Assault Rep: 16,085
    Administrator
    edited March 21
    Apologies for the wait, Operatives. There were so many haikus to go through! Unfortunately, not everyone qualified because they did not adhere to the 5-7-5 rule. Those who did will find a PM from me in their inbox so that I can send you the 30k GP participation prize.

And now....

I am excited to announce our winners!!!!! *drumroll please* .....

1) JShengKai
    Heart caged in metal
    But the soul wanders freely
    A ghost in the shell

2) Rosecraft
    Silent Shifted Rain,
    Hacking Crime in Neon Frames,
    First Assault by Name

3) Aspality
    Yearning and lonely
    A ghost with no shell, searching
    For the perfect skin

4) Ic0n0clast
    Oh Light Machine Gun,
    Endless torrent of hot lead,
    Seburo brings Death

5) Becon
    Spawn in front of me
    I aim to obtain your heart
    You take mine instead

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNERS!!!! Thank you to all who participated. We'll have more contests soon!
    TarkinRosecraftJShengKaiiiShanVenkmanHakureiWootwootBeconRandomPainProgramCade
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 6,225
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 22
    Congrats guys! Great submissions!
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 1,765
    edited March 23
    Gratz to the winners. I still don't get my 30k gp and 2 days passed, I messaged Lumos in the forum, discord, made a mention... Have no idea what to do :(
  • MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 3,085
    Member+
    edited March 23
    Almalexion wrote: »
    Gratz to the winners. I still don't get my 30k gp and 2 days passed, I messaged Lumos in the forum, discord, made a mention... Have no idea what to do :(

Give it time. When I won the YT raffle it got two or three days to get it in my inbox. Also consider there are many participants, so it may take longer depending on other work loads they have. More so since the update seems to be having a delay (I saw a post past friday saying it will come "next week with the usual maintenance", which means it should've come yesterday or today.
    AlmalexionBecon