Submit Here - Valentine’s Day Haiku Contest

Comments

• P0L15HFR33KP0L15HFR33K
    First Assault Rep: 100
    edited February 20
    "Nothing speaks greater
    Than five by five six NATO
    Says Ghost to my Shell"

Although I have never watched more than a few episodes of S.A.C., I hypothesize that the Cyborg's "ghost" either refers to the consciousness of the cyber brain or the lack thereof. Throughout Ghost in the Shell and it's other series', the major shows little-to-no emotion and is revered for her combat efficiency, battle strategies, and ability to lead those who serve along side her. An automatic assault rifle is nothing more than a proficient killing machine used to take out the enemy, to the cybernetic eye. But, you have to wonder, with the cyber brain containing parts of the human conscience, do these machines still feel anything human, or are they merely metal and cyber chip upgrades?
  • LyhLyh
    First Assault Rep: 680
    edited February 20
    "Learning to play here
    found my lone love that was near
    now we are a pair"
    -Lyh Flare

It's a love Haiku from me to the game it self ... Call me silly ~
    Here's my contribution to participate in this contest !
    Really appreciating this event, both the poetry and the in-game event as well see you guys and girls in there!
  • FATAILITYFATAILITY
    First Assault Rep: 300
    edited February 20
    "Don't try to snipe me,
    I'll just snipe right back,
    headshots back to back."

Sorry everyone. I know sniping is annoying buuuuttttt, it good.
  • hotwordnerdhotwordnerd
    edited February 20
    Heat vision sees you
    Run from shotgun shell barrage
    Death comes too quickly
  • C3LLC3LL
    edited February 21
    five-seven-five,
    as long as the brain''s alive,
    ghosts will revive.
  • HWimbletonHWimbleton
    First Assault Rep: 200
    edited February 21
    Freshly fallen snow,
    on courtyard cherry blossoms,
    fire echoes throughout.

Was trying to think of something for an entry for the contest and thought about the new map 'Castle'. Remembered seeing the cherry blossoms throughout the map in the live stream last Friday, realizing the click in relation to the scene on the 2nd GIG finale so I got to work! Good luck to everyone!
  • GhostCQCGhostCQC
    edited February 23
    Ready in position
    Breath out squeeze the trigger
    Bullet finds it's mark
  • UlmirthUlmirth
    First Assault Rep: 310
    edited February 23

She sprints deeper in
    Her steps quiet and nimble
    Bang! The heart trembles

This haiku relates to our major pulling off a clutch in a demolition map. I tried to be as objective as possible, leaving out judgement and analysis in how one can perceive her movement subjectively (in the haiku itself), reflecting only as how one can see it in that ‘natural environment’, at that moment of observation. However, as it is a valentine’s haiku, there has to be some sort of feeling that invokes such (love) emotions.

This has always been a contrast which I found surreal yet enchanting. The player is filled with energy and vigour, being the last one on the team alive, yet as she slides from area to area, she doesn’t make a sound in all that haste (due to the major’s ability). It is this contradiction that I wanted to give detail to, which leads to the final line, where after she breaks the silence with bullets, one cannot help, but feel a jolt due the surprise.

Thinking in terms of the perspective of whomever is watching her, or awaiting her (the dead team mates spectating, or the enemy trying to find out her location), it is a natural feeling to be ‘spooked’, or startled when absolute stillness is broken by the loud ringing of gunshots. I wanted to use that ‘astonishment’ as a way of expressing someone’s heart being captured by that contrasting way of movement.
  • PraeliatorPraeliator
    First Assault Rep: 610
    edited February 23
    My bad eyes, I saw
    A sight of the fine lady
    My heart tears apart
  • SyenneSyenne
    First Assault Rep: 310
    edited February 24
    "Launcher is ready
    That sounds like a sudden death
    Rockets win the race"