[NOTICE] NX Skins Removal from Market

Comments

• AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 2,120
    edited March 3
    I agree with BaronKrause, I agree with buy whatever you want and gamble if you want route ! What actually people liked about this game first is be able to choose whatever you want. Only gamble for only 1 stuff is turning it to the garbage route.
    Also any kind of gambling is a Sin (if it involves real money) which is something I never gonna do.
    What I am ok is monthly payment or buying monthly money boost item (Section 9 Pass). If I like a skin, why shouldn't I buy that ? Or combo packages like DLCs... Why shouldn't I buy them too (which I have all of the current ones). So tell me ? Why should I buy a crate which have a chance that something very ugly thing and something I don't want is gonna pops up and wastes my money ? Do you prefer to buy something like that in real life or like to check the shop and pick something you like ?
    There are so many awesome ways to make money with this game, but gambling route is only a garbage route which there are so many worst examples about that in the gaming market. And It only works to irritate or scare some gamers who only likes to spend some time like me. But best route is the following the best and succesfull examples which most of them doesn't include gambling on anything... And I checked the most wanted things lists around the forum and this thing is not in any of the topics or suggested by the players so this is something people doesn't want !
    porcofon
  • iiShaniiShan
    First Assault Rep: 4,330
    edited March 3
    I think this is all a bit silly. Cosmetics aren't a huge enough deal to start complaining about them being RNG.
    Do skins effect your aim and survival skills guys? Not me, I see skins as a side thing to support the team for their work, not a major selling point.
    I actually have a friend who refuses to play CSGO without a $350 knife which I find truly sad. Skins do not equal skill.

On that note, I won't completely defend this switch from choosing your skins to RNG based solely on the MC shop being a bit of a mystery.
    Hopefully the MC shop will not be an issue. And with the track record of this dev team, I personally trust them to do the right thing.
    I once asked Disrespect on a stream almost a year ago about the chance of this ever being P2W and he assured that as long as he was there, it wouldn't go that way.
    So until then, I have no reason to assume they're up to anything greedy.
    KawaccinoVenkman
  • KawaccinoKawaccino
    First Assault Rep: 1,650
    Member+
    edited March 3
    Cosmetics are a major part of this game. Were all playing this and not the honed over 20 years CS franchise because we like this games aesthetic.

Without this games cosmetic look most of us wouldn't play this. Losing out getting to pick and purchase our looks in favor of a anti average player gambling system makes this games system step down from the likes of LoLs system and enter the ring with every other garbage fire FTP game that pops up on mobile devices lately.

Are you ... serious? Really? You wouldn't play the game if you didn't have the cosmetcis option? Then maybe you should go play Style Savvy, it's all about cosmetics. No, for real, playing a FPS game bacause of the cosmetics option, it's ... yeah, no, I don't get it.
  • BaronKrauseBaronKrause
    First Assault Rep: 1,150
    edited March 3
    Kawaccino wrote: »
    Cosmetics are a major part of this game. Were all playing this and not the honed over 20 years CS franchise because we like this games aesthetic.

Without this games cosmetic look most of us wouldn't play this. Losing out getting to pick and purchase our looks in favor of a anti average player gambling system makes this games system step down from the likes of LoLs system and enter the ring with every other garbage fire FTP game that pops up on mobile devices lately.

Are you ... serious? Really? You wouldn't play the game if you didn't have the cosmetcis option? Then maybe you should go play Style Savvy, it's all about cosmetics. No, for real, playing a FPS game bacause of the cosmetics option, it's ... yeah, no, I don't get it.

Well, that certainly is one interesting, yet wrong interpretation of what I said. Im saying that I and most others wouldn't play this game if it didn't have the aesthetic of Ghost in The Shell, I was pointing out that the aesthetic/cosmetic aspect of this game shouldn't be downplayed . Without it, there would be better games to play in the genre, if you just care about the mechanics you would be much better served playing something like CS.
  • FrosthowlFrosthowl
    First Assault Rep: 695
    edited March 3
    Overwatch uses this system for the most part and it's fine, none of us really know *exactly* how this is going to work yet... so just shut up and see. Yes feedback is important, but we're three weeks out or so, bitching isn't going to change anything... it's happening whether we want it to or not. See what it's like, complain then.
  • FrosthowlFrosthowl
    First Assault Rep: 695
    edited March 3
    Gamers dont like p2w or rng gambling. Dont do these two things and you have a happy playerbase

There are tons of other methods to monetize your game before stepping into this should-be illegal territory of underage online gambling

Lost my future dollars that is for sure

They don't, huh? Then why do hundreds of thousands, if not millions of gamers fuel this type of market? Then why is it effective and popular? Lmao... because you're wrong xD.

• BaronKrauseBaronKrause
    First Assault Rep: 1,150
    edited March 3
    Frosthowl wrote: »
    Gamers dont like p2w or rng gambling. Dont do these two things and you have a happy playerbase

There are tons of other methods to monetize your game before stepping into this should-be illegal territory of underage online gambling

Lost my future dollars that is for sure

They don't, huh? Then why do hundreds of thousands, if not millions of gamers fuel this type of market? Then why is it effective and popular? Lmao... because you're wrong xD.
    Those games are monetized almost exclusively by a very very small percentage of players, and those players spend usually thousands of dollars while everyone else just leaches. It's a whale hunting system instead of a DLC like micro transaction system. People don't "like" it, but since they aren't paying they can't really complain, and it seems like its popular because its free (but almost everyone isn't actually a "customer"). And once the handful of whales move on they close down the servers, or as it will be put "discontinue service".
  • Clayman8Clayman8
    First Assault Rep: 1,025
    edited March 3
    Kawaccino wrote: »

I might've missed something but...what "cosmetics"?
    A few weapon skins and character outfits are a "major part" for you? Guess i must've missed those parts over the fun mechanics, the perks and character skills and the cool maps as well as all the guns available...

Edit-> ok nvm, page wasnt fully loaded and i missed your next comment. True i am biased to playing GITS over CS or any other "ftp" shooter out here, mostly cause of the GitS looks (and Tachis) but i dont think skins weight in as much as the other parts of the game that mark it different over the rest.
  • ReijiphantomReijiphantom
    First Assault Rep: 5,165
    edited March 3
    A game has to make money. It’s nice if people enjoy playing it and everything, but that is not the only goal of the enterprise You invest in something and expect to see something in return. That's not cold or heartless, it's business. If a game is free to play, that means the money has to come from someplace else. I'm glad to see that most people here seem to understand that, but I mention it because a lot of other people I've spoken to so far don't seem to get it. So far they've sold a couple of skins and DLC packages for a few bucks a piece. For an individual player it may seem like a lot of money sometimes (I've been a broke student as well, I know how it feels), but in the big picture it's really not good enough.

So they need to find a way that motivates people to spend enough money on this game to make it worth their while. One way would be to sell better weapons for real money only. It's a route that many games have taken and I'm sure it works fine until the game finally breaks down. There's plenty of people that will spend that 350$ on a knife if it means they can feel like better players. That system is what we like to call Pay2Win. I, for one, am really glad that this is not the way that First Assault is going.

So if you don't want to influence the gameplay, the only thing you have left to sell is cosmetics. Fun for people who like to support the game, yet it doesn't influence the gameplay in any way. Great. Also means that there will be far less people interested in actually buying them. After all, it's not necessary. So a certain percentage of the playerbase will spend a few dollars on the skin they like (some more than others) and that's the end of it. Once again, that’s simply not good enough.

Enter RNG. Is it a perfect system? Of course not. But if you are determined to keep your game free to play you need to pull the money from somewhere. Lotteries do the trick. I will refer back to what Venkman said so far, we just don't know how it'll work yet, but the point is that it stimulates people to consistently spend small amounts of money to get something they want, without influencing the balance of the game. That way they get a bit of consistency in the cash flow, keep the investors happy and the game free to play.
    Don't like gambling/lotteries? Fair enough. Enjoy playing the rest of the game without that specific outfit or paint job. A game you don't have to pay anything for and won't screw you over for not paying anything for it. Look in the eye of that other soldier with the skin you wish you had and shoot the crap out of them.

I'm not saying this as a mod trying to defend Nexon. I'm saying this as a player who really likes this game and understands that even though all of us like things to come for free, the world just doesn't work like that. They chose a certain business model, let's see how it works out before we start calling foul.
    iiShanspectaclesClayman8MidlordVenkmanPlayer48105ManiacBatou
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 4,740
    Member+
    edited March 4
    Ok if we are going to get random item from box then dont make its price so high because nobody want to pay same amount of nx for that they could buy fixed item not random.

I think its going to be: Buy NX -> buy crate -> wrong item -> sell item to gain MC, buy crate for NC -> wrong item -> sell item to gain MC, you have now enough item to buy crate by using your MC -> wrong item - > sell to gain MC.
    I call it wasting money 2Win
    But I dont care unless they put to the reward list any boosters that will give advantage to the non NX players.
  • VeldrinVeldrin
    First Assault Rep: 2,700
    edited March 6
    There are not that many skins so i assume they put other stuff we don't want to see in a random crate aswell. But even if not, I don't like rolling a dice. But perhaps you surprise me and my worries are ungrounded. The only thing i dont like is the skin preview. I remember when i bought the Desert skin for Maven and was in a negative way surprised as it turns out the skin contains a bandana on Maven's mouth with a skull drawn on it. I still find this looks silly and the market preview IS MISLEADING till today. So i know you won't give us a version without bandana, but PLEASE change the preview image.