NX Skins Removal from Market

Comments

• mutronixmutronix
    First Assault Rep: 1,045
    edited March 2
    I hope it won't be a gambling mechanic like in Dota/CS:GO when you buy a chest for real money and then randomly get a stuff from it.
  • MorthilMorthil
    First Assault Rep: 1,370
    edited March 2
    It's like you're asking us to buy cosmetic items before 8th March when we don't even know if it's more worth it now or after the planned maintenance. And who wants this update? It seems a greedy mechanic (and we all know it is! All NX games have such items drop system). GITS community clearly asked for major bug fixing, none really care about skins or similar, expecially if servers crash twice a week or netcode sucks.

I'm done. I'm really tired of all of this.
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 1,145
    edited March 2
    I made a little calculation. If you even not bought any of the skins (character&weapons) from anywhere, you need aproximately 250.000 NX coins in total. So good luck with that in the next month if you are suffering from the currency differences like me :D Which is everything is freakin' ridiculously expensive to me :(
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 5,655
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2
    Morthil
    It's like you're asking us to buy cosmetic items before 8th March when we don't even know if it's more worth it now or after the planned maintenance. And who wants this update? It seems a greedy mechanic (and we all know it is! All NX games have such items drop system). GITS community clearly asked for major bug fixing, none really care about skins or similar, expecially if servers crash twice a week or netcode sucks.

I'm done. I'm really tired of all of this.
    I HIGHLY stress waiting for more information before people start crucifying others. Your concern is heard, but unfounded at this point, we don't know anything more than what Lumos posted. And to be honest, my guess is this system would function like most modern day games that have cosmetic elements to them. So..... considering that is more or less a "standard" now in games, I don't understand why this particular instance deserves such an uproar. Blizzard seems to be doing just fine with it in OW, TF2 has something similar, but technically it even uses items that change game mechanics in crates. That is more game changing than this.

About bugs and such... Understand that game development has many facets to it. Some are technical, some are cosmetic. Patches happen when a development team is ready, or feels ready, to release them. We have NO control over any of this. Getting very upset and rage posting in response to 1 post about a patch with out even getting more detail about it or even playing the patch (since it has yet to be released) does nothing but generate and breed angst. Not only for you, but for others in the community.

Keep in mind two things Lumos said:
    "hundreds of items" - HUNDREDS guys.... one more time... HUNDREDS, that's a lot. If anything, that should show that there has been a lot of work going on in the background that we don't know about (including and not including cosmetic stuff). Let's be optimistic about what they could be.

"This is just one of many exciting features and systems that will be added to the game in the coming months" - Key words here, ONE OF MANY, and FEATURES AND SYSTEMS. Sounds like there is a lot coming very soon... My guess is that this would have to do more with the technical side of the game. So again, ... be patient and stay positive!
    JShengKaiKawaccino
  • LyhLyh
    First Assault Rep: 680
    edited March 2
    Venkman
    BaronKrause
    So your replacing the ability to buy what you want with a gambling GATCHA only system where you only get random items, knowing that a small handful of people will gamble till they get what they want.

If that's the case then your spinning a horrible scummy move as an exciting change.
    Let's wait for more details before we start making presumptions.
    Still not hard to agree with BaronKrause :c what if it's going to get like csgo, or tf2, or KF2, or any other Gatcha related loot .3.

• BaronKrauseBaronKrause
    First Assault Rep: 1,150
    edited March 2
    Venkman, if they ARE going down a GATCHA only route like it sounds from the info they chose to hype then they need to know now and loudly how bad that is. Others need to be made aware of this too. This change would be absolutely horrible for the customers.

GATCHA style games are just whale traps.

LOL, DOTA2, TF2 all let you buy what you want. You can gamble on crates as well, but that is just an additional method. Plus you can buy items from other players.
    Sure, other games use GATCHA only for items and those games are scammy garbage.

If they want people to not mess up their hype train that they are trying to build with that info release they need to atleast assure us it won't be a gambling only system. Giving the benefit of the doubt won't benefit players at all in this situation.
    Morthil
  • DoctorKoolManDoctorKoolMan
    First Assault Rep: 100
    edited March 2
    Gamers dont like p2w or rng gambling. Dont do these two things and you have a happy playerbase

There are tons of other methods to monetize your game before stepping into this should-be illegal territory of underage online gambling

Lost my future dollars that is for sure
  • mutronixmutronix
    First Assault Rep: 1,045
    edited March 2
    BaronKrause

LOL, DOTA2, TF2 all let you buy what you want. You can gamble on crates as well, but that is just an additional method. Plus you can buy items from other players.
    Sure, other games use GATCHA only for items and those games are scammy garbage.
    I'm afraid you're not familiar with Dota 2 system. You can't buy an extremely rare drops from the game store directly. That's why it's called extremely rare drop :) Of course you can buy it on community market for $1300-38000 if you wasn't lucky after opening 100500 chests xD
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 5,655
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 2
    Any system that rewards items that change the game randomly are not ideal. I agree, but when it comes to cosmetic stuff... I have no problem. After all, its how your character looks, not how they perform, how well you do or what advantages you have is still all on you.

I understand the concerns, but I just don't see this being a big deal if all it is doing is effecting cosmetics, and again, we don't have all the info.
    Kawaccino
  • BaronKrauseBaronKrause
    First Assault Rep: 1,150
    edited March 2
    Cosmetics are a major part of this game. Were all playing this and not the honed over 20 years CS franchise because we like this games aesthetic.

Without this games cosmetic look most of us wouldn't play this. Losing out getting to pick and purchase our looks in favor of a anti average player gambling system makes this games system step down from the likes of LoLs system and enter the ring with every other garbage fire FTP game that pops up on mobile devices lately.