Sound glitch

HodorrHodorr
First Assault Rep: 1,110
edited March 3 in Bug Reporting
Hello there,

I would like to report 2 bugs wich are super boring, and being used by alot of players.

First one is while you're starting to plant a bomb, then you stop, the enemy can still hear you planting a bomb even after you've stopped the planting animation.
So players are abusing it to lure enemies in a way that is not supposed to be.

Second sound glitch I've been dealing with is while someone is running, holding shift or whatever is his running keybind, and taping W to go forward.
The result is that he's making no sound while he's kind of running, so he can silently move faster than if he was crouched.
When you can actually watch a team mate doing this, even the running visual animation is glitched, showing that something is really wrong here, and shouldn't be used that way.

Comments

• HodorrHodorr
    edited March 4
    After some researches on your forum(wich tooks me 45mns-1h ><*), I've found some post 1 year old talking about the same sprint bug sound issues(http://forums.firstassault.nexon.net/discussion/2158/silent-sprinting-bug/p1), and I guess I could probably find the same posts about the planting sound bug.

The staff answer was "We are aware of this issue and the devs are working hard to fix it." and "we understand that is it s a very serious issue, it is one of our top priorities to fix right now", well let's talk seriously about it please, cause it's been one year now, and this is still some major issues to me not fixed yet.

Could we have some updates about it please?
  • NobodyNobodyNobodyNobody
    First Assault Rep: 1,170
    edited March 5
    The silent sprinting you linked was actually fixed a while back. It relied on alternating the A and D keys. What you describe sounds like a similar bug, probably with a similar but currently unimplemented fix.
  • HodorrHodorr
    edited March 5
    It is actually the exact same bug, obtained by an other way wich could have been tested and fixed at the same time.
    Those two bugs are known and used by alot of veteran players in GiTS and i'm really surprised that no one complain about.
    Let's hope now for a quick staff answer!
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,080
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 5
    Its not the same silent run bug, the silent bug in that topic 1 year ago was fixed a long time ago.
    I also havent seen or noticed this "new" silent walk method. Any RECENT videos showing this?

• HodorrHodorr
    edited March 5
    My net actually doesn't allow me to upload myself some videos, but it is really easy to replicate, as I said, you just have to hold shift, then repeatedly tap W to go forward.

I'll be happy to make a private room with you so you can record/experience it.

IGN is MjrMokoto
  • HodorrHodorr
    edited March 19
    Any update on the situation?
    Should i report the players using this run sound glitch?
  • HakureiHakurei
    First Assault Rep: 8,080
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited March 19
    Sorry, i forgot to post back here.
    Although i couldnt perfectly reproduce it, i could see that a correct timing on the method you told me indeed makes you footsteps miss most (if not all) sound.
    I forwarded it to support.
    Thanks!