Game problems with recording software

MidlordMidlord
First Assault Rep: 4,245
Member+
edited March 4 in Operatives Helping Operatives
Some times I've had longuish freezes. They've happened only while running either OBS or Radeon Relive. I have the suspicion there may be something with the game, perhaps the NGS? (I hope not, but considering OBS can choose to pick the image from an app and ignore other windows on top, which I use, got the idea) that may have some kind of clash with screen recording software and some times cause the freezes. They're rare, not frequent, but happen.

Comments

• nooitzbennooitzben
    First Assault Rep: 780
    edited March 4
    I've always use OBS to record my gameplay thought Twitch.tv and I haven't have much problems. OBS or the game may freeze for a bit at start up but after that I haven't experienced any serious problems yet.
  • AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 2,230
    edited March 6
    Game also needs ShadowPlay support which is for me it's the far best recording software. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it says 'game is not supported'. And for twitch too. My records with it are allways clean as an unused toilet paper !
    As for freezes, recording softwares mostly prepares some of the partials of the HDD for saving the recordings befor the start of the recording. This most of the times causes a short bursting freezes. So It's not about the game but the softwares itself. So using an external hdd maybe helps which I didn't tested it yet. Or maybe saving it on SSD which I'm not preferin' that. SSD is mostly useable for windows. They mostly have short lifespan sadly...
    I don't get any weird stucks or so much fps drops with it unlike OBS... And I am currently researchin' with the virtual audio cables for seperatin' the chrome/youtube music, any voice coms from discord/ts or any other com programs and ingame sounds for ingame sound only recording with ShadowPlay !
    So any help with it is really appreciated and results and ways will be documented in here in another topic in the near future ! Helpers names will be posted in it too !
    Midlord
  • MidlordMidlord
    Member+
    edited March 7
    Ok, thanks. I will be testing things.

Here's one example I recorded successfuly of such freeze.

• AlmalexionAlmalexion
    First Assault Rep: 2,230
    edited March 7
    Himm... I see... Your system specs looks enaugh for recording... From the video, It looks like game is allways continues to you without freezes, but somehow, program forgots to record that missing segment. So this is definitely something about the recording program... I am using shadowplay for quick capture and never had any problems like that which my computer is not so much high end anymore... I am not tried OBS because sometimes it causes some fps issues for me...
    Ok here's my currently 2 advices.
    Upgrade your video codecs to the latest or download the latest video codecs. Recording programs also uses codecs too. Maybe it helps.
    Use the optimal settings for OBS which is everyone on the internet suggests in their videos or forums. Try to record in low resolutions first, then slowly make settings higher untill you'll find the top settings for your PC. What I prefer is let the program record with your ingame settings (resolution & such) and don't let it convert anything... Which this is something I like from shadowplay. It allways gives me high quality and low mb videos...
  • MidlordMidlord
    Member+
    edited March 8
    I've played some matches this evening without recording software active and I still had some freezes, though none as bad as the shown above, all pretty small but enough to be annoying.