Weapon movementspeed stats?

USAINBOLTUSAINBOLT
First Assault Rep: 1,485
edited April 16 in General Chat
Do you move as fast with knife as you do with shotgun/smg/pistol?

Also not sure why knife even exists since pistol is better in every situation.

Comments

• MidlordMidlord
    First Assault Rep: 4,245
    Member+
    edited April 16
    I think shotguns and SMG same as pistol (though once I had the feeling shotguns marginally faster) . ARs with -3dmg +10 movement are as fast.
    P4prik4
  • USAINBOLTUSAINBOLT
    edited April 16
    Midlord wrote: »
    I think shotguns and SMG same as pistol (though once I had the feeling shotguns marginally faster)

yeah they feel about the same but there could be a +-1 difference

i guess nobody has datamined or asked the devs about it then
  • AnduAndu
    First Assault Rep: 5,225
    Member+
    edited April 16
    Shotguns seems to be as fast as knife, at least few months ago. Even with accuracy laser that -1 is same fast as knife. At least I was comparing to the guys who run with knife and his speed was same as mine
  • VenkmanVenkman
    First Assault Rep: 7,340
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 17
    Knife/pistol/grenade running is the same speed. That is pretty common knowledge, the movement speed will change with all other weapons equipped, which will also be modified by the attachments you have on a weapon.
  • USAINBOLTUSAINBOLT
    edited April 17
    Venkman wrote: »
    Knife/pistol/grenade running is the same speed. That is pretty common knowledge

"pretty common knowledge" isn't enough, devs could always put all the relevant stats like base movement speed or time-to-ADS into the actual game so players won't have always have to guess what does what
    the movement speed will change with all other weapons equipped

changes how much?
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited April 17
    There may not be a listing of "base overall movement speed" anywhere on a gun, but that isn't very common in games. Usually it is assumed lighter weapons (smg) are faster to move with than heavier weapons (lmg).

However, any change that occurs to stats from modifications made to a weapon are indeed shown in the modded area once you go into the weapon itself. Each mod attachment gives stat changes that will occur (including movement speed & aim time) if you were to equip it. But once it is applied to the weapon, you also get an overall summary of all the changes in the modded area of the stats. The image I posted has those (movement and aiming time) outlined in red.

The only thing the game doesn't tell you is that having a grenade out, a knife out, or a pistol out (only) puts you at the fastest "basic" movement speed, which really makes sense, because they are the lightest weapon/gear. The info is there, but you are probably expecting it in a different place. Also, some weapon descriptions say in the little blurb about the weapon if they may hinder movement and such.

[img][/img]D1WXCDC.jpg
  • Bittah_CommanderBittah_Commander
    First Assault Rep: 1,870
    edited April 18
    The problem is that only relative movement speeds are given (such as -5 in your image) and you never know to what absolute value the given value is relative. Sure, the difference in movement speeds between different classes can be guessed (it's indeed obvious that an SMG would be faster than an AR), but different weapons from the same class give different movement speeds from one another as well and there's no practical way to figure those out (and I don't call taking out a stopwatch to measure the speeds of all weapons with very practical).
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited April 18
    I mean, you are correct, and I get what you are saying, but I am having trouble understanding why knowing what the base movement speed value is important, or even needed.

Right now, this is how I view it:
    • Run speed = X (for all characters)
    • Barrel attachment = X - 5
    • Barrel attachment + Bipod = X - 10

Yes, not knowing what X is makes "-5" or "-10" seem relative, but I'm not sure it matters if all characters have the same basic movement speed (which they do). Most games don't give a moment speed (especially FPS'), so I am curious as to why this is important or an issue.
    but different weapons from the same class give different movement speeds from one another as well

I do not know if that is true, I will inquire and let you know. As far as I am aware, the movement speed is broken down by class of the weapon, not within the subclass of the weapons. Meaning, as far as I am aware, all SMGs give X1 movement speed (where X is basic character movement speed), and LMGs give you X2 movement speed. Only when you start to modify a weapon do you have more variance in the movement speed ( X1 - 5 or X2 -10 ). Again, I am not sure that is how it works, but I will find out and let you all know. :)
    Bittah_Commander
  • Bittah_CommanderBittah_Commander
    First Assault Rep: 1,870
    edited April 18
    I assumed there was variance in movement speeds for weapons of the same class, but it would indeed be nice to have an official word on that. I'll leave the inquiry up to you then :p
  • VenkmanVenkman
    edited April 20
    I have asked but not heard back yet. :) As soon as I get any info I will be more than happy to share.
    Bittah_Commander
  • The_MythMakerThe_MythMaker
    First Assault Rep: 765
    edited May 2
    From my own testing:

Knife/Pistol/Grenade is fastest

SMG/Shotgun is second

AR is third

LMG/SR is fourth

The speeds of all weapons within a group is identical before mods. An AR with the +10 Spd barrel is still slower than an SMG with -14 total penalty.
    Bittah_Commander